Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale
15045 N. Kierland Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4804438555x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Lounge open until 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Siegfried Hohaus
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Tanya Queen for your next event.
A word from Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (128)notable wine list (76)vibrant bar scene (75)romantic (73)fit for foodies (73)hot spot (58)good for groups (53)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Worth the SplurgeBulldogVIPDined on 10/18/2014If you want to celebrate a special occasion or just splurge for the night, you really can't beat Mastro's Ocean Club. The food and service were impeccable and memorable - and worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio of delightCandiDined on 10/17/2014Crab cocktail, Ocean Club salad and Butter cake makes a perfect dining trio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodMikeVIPDined on 10/17/2014This is always one of our favorite seafood restaurants. Tried the sushi roll . Totally awesome!!Special Features:
- old time steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Great simply cooked steak/lobster restaurant. Oysters Rockefeller smoky spinach flavor were awesome, but escargot lacked garlic flavor. Crème Brule typical, warm butter cake had good flavor, & their chocolate cake was coarse & frosting gritty. The servers were all attentive and concerned. Thursday night & it was crowded. It was a little to dark, so they hand you a flashlight. It was extremely noisy so hard to carry on important conversations if necessary.
- Tough nightMNeatsDined on 10/14/2014Maybe just a bad night for the cook. We have been there prior with really fine dinning. Steak over cooked. Not as much flavor. Good wine and music.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014Outstanding evening, a little noisy but overall a wonderful nite. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently a great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/13/2014Great food, wine, service, and experience. Ate here two nights in five days, overall very very goodSpecial Features:
- Simply AmazingPatriciaVIPDined on 10/13/2014The food was excellent, the service was 5 star, the whole experience was wonderful, we will be back very soon, try the hot butter cake!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic MasterosWeintime87VIPDined on 10/12/2014Always a good meal. Lobster Roll was awesome, Calamari is solid, Char is great, Brussel Sprouts are incredible, Butter Cake is beyond description.Special Features:
- Special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Always great food and service. Bar entertainment is excellent.Special Features:
- SteveVIPDined on 10/11/2014The place is a Zoo. It was packed and noisy as heck. The food was ok.Seafood tower was fresh and delicious. The Porterhouse was good not great.The lobster was battered and rubbery. Do not order! The service was terrific.but would return only on a weeknight. And order the Seafood Tower only.Special Features:
- OutstandingMimiDined on 10/11/2014As always we enjoyed our dinner at this very special restaurant. Fabulous martini's, great food, great service...a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!!RK0428Dined on 10/8/2014This is my number one restaurant, in every way. The Best!!Special Features:
- Ocean Club is AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014The service starts as you walk through the doors. You are greeted with smiles and taken to your table. The server is able to help with the menu, the wine and drink choices and makes your dinner experience better. We had wonderful seafood and our friends shared an enormous steak. They explained that they were sharing the steak and it was sliced and brought out on two plates which was excellent. The food was wonderful and the sizes were large enough for everyone to taste. The sides were large enough to share. We ordered a dessert and they brought one because we were celebrating our anniversary. All I could say "awesome".Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointedHulaHulaDined on 10/6/2014It was extremely loud in the restaurant. We couldn't hear each other talking at the table. We had been to the Mastro's Steakhouse before about 8 years ago, not the Ocean Club. Steakhouse we loved because of the luxury feel of the restaurant. Our server forgot our drinks, didn't show much for care to our table, seemed overwhelmed. We had to pour our wine, ask another employee to help, etc. We miss your cheese potatoes (lyonnaise potatoes)!!! on the bubbling platter and steaks on sizzling platters. Our scalloped potatoes were cold. Descriptions of food items on the menu would help - we ordered scallops, probably wouldn't have since we did not know they were in a tomato sauce. We asked our server and was told butter & garlic.Special Features:
- Great Food!homecookDined on 10/3/2014Always consistent with food quality and service. We enjoyed a nice evening with family members.Special Features:
- A Perfect EveningSurpriseBRDined on 10/3/2014We went to the Ocean Club for the first time to celebrate my birthday. It was outstanding in every way. Jessica, our server, clearly explained the menu and the evening specials, answered questions and made helpful suggestions. The meal was perfectly timed, with each course arriving mere moments after ordering. Used dishes and utensils were whisked away as soon as you put down your fork, but they managed to never make you feel rushed. The entire staff was attentive without being intrusive and each suggestion Jessica made was substantiated by a delicious plate. From the delicate lobster bisque and fresh chopped salad to the perfectly prepared bone - in ribeye and crab legs to the warm butter cake, it was perfect in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GottaeatVIPDined on 10/3/2014Food was a disappointment given the price, however, service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Eat 2 enjoyEat2EnjoyDined on 10/2/2014Food and service were wonderful. Noise level was pretty loud. Had a hard time hearing conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyAreviewerVIPDined on 10/2/2014While the food was very good, it did not justify the prices. $20 martinis?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great! Except.Celebrating49Dined on 10/2/2014We have been coming to Oceans for several years and have always ended our experience completely pleased and content. Unfortunately, that didn't happen this time because of a shortcoming in our meal. A minor detail? The baked potato was served COLD,to the point I was eating chunks of solid butter. Why I didn't send it back immediately, I cannot say. It put somewhat of a damper on an otherwise wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion spotGr8food4uDined on 9/30/2014Service and food were great. Portions were ample as well. A bit pricy though. Good for that special occasion or business dinner.Special Features:
- Will return once againMikeTDined on 9/27/2014As usually Mastros delivers on great food in a great atmosphere. There huge portions make everything easy to share and don't miss out on the butter cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointmentDined on 9/27/2014The meat was tough, the Sea Bass smelled like fish ( Fresh Fish doesn't smell) and was certainly not the signature dish I expected. Waiter said people come form all over for the Bass. Never again. Did I mention the sides were Luke warm. I don't know about you but I like my food hot when served . I have been to this restaurant many times. They charge much for the service and food. I am one who has no problem with price as long as I feel satisfied.Special Features:
- Always GreatCindyVIPDined on 9/27/2014I'm never disappointed with the food or service at Ocean Club. It is always our go to restaurant to celebrate birthdays and anniversarys.Special Features:
- DiningDaveDined on 9/27/2014When I booked the reservation there was a question concerning special occasion. I indecated that it was our 48th wedding anniversary, not one person recognize our anniversary. Why ask the question? Outstanding food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible serviceNewtoAZDined on 9/26/2014The waiter took a very forever to introduce himself & barely even mentioned items. The Martini tasted like syrup.I couldn't even drink it and then they brought a new one without even mentioning a signature drink! it was then okay. The waitered order the wrong salad brought a new one without even clarifying the right salad then brought one all tossed when I asked for dressing on the side..Then 25 min later brought another salad w some dressing on the side but the wrong salad. My boyfriends steak was great but he was practically finished with his 20oz steak by the time I got a salad 45 mint later.I wasn't even hungry when I had a couple bites then they cleared the table. Nothing was removed from the bill very DISAPPOINTED and dissatisfied!Special Features:
- Excellent...but costlyonzoomDined on 9/25/2014The food was excellent, the service was great, and the mood was hopping....and the cost was high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sides.. & the obviousMbelleVIPDined on 9/25/2014yes the steak & seafood is to die for .. but equally exceptional are the sides fit for anyone!Special Features:
- Wonderful!!RK0428Dined on 9/24/2014This is one of my top two restaurants in all of the Valley! Tremedous Fresh Seafood, and Excellent Steaks. Gret Martini's...Special Features:
- Woodman2Dined on 9/23/2014Food was very good. Portions were large. Consider making a meal of appetizers alone and have a great bottle of wine. Had the bone in filet which was pricey but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!DMC32611Dined on 9/20/2014Another great meal at Ocean's Club. My husband and are frequent diners and big foodies so we love this place. Our server Eric was excellent. We will be requesting him next time. First time having the butter cake and it was to die for. Great food, great atmosphere - one of our favorites!Special Features:
- First timeMarkSgolfDined on 9/16/2014Food and service was excellent. However the ambient noise level was very high so hard to enjoy the good food. We would come back again but may not be our first choice for a meal costing this much when it is hard to hear each other talking and many people were just too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Not Great..zonie169Dined on 9/13/2014The food was good not spectacular! The fish we chose was all very fresh. After waiting for a couple of weeks for our reservations I was very disappointed in the overall atmosphere, every chair in the dining room around us was falling apart ( all the corners are fraying & ripped) I just think for a restaurant that charges $$$$ as much as it does they could afford the upkeep on the furniture!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/13/2014Have visited the Ocean Club many times. As in the past, it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperiencefinediningseekrDined on 9/10/2014We were seated promptly. The service provided by everyone was impeccable. The food was extraordinary. The ambiance was excellent, although I did feel that the two tops were a bit too close together. While expensive the experience is worth every penny. We will come here every time we want something special. We have eaten in many fine restaurants and Mastros Ocean Club is now at the very top of the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- G00d but not outstandingNormDined on 9/9/2014The food was good but at the price should have been outstanding. While the sevice was slow, when it happened it was very good. The noise made it difficult to have a conversation without leaning forward or shouting.
- Top Notch ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Great food, great vibe, will definitely visit again next time in Scottsdale.Special Features:
- You can't beat itmjsiegelVIPDined on 9/6/2014There may be restaurants that are as good as the Ocean club but I have not found any that are better. To me, its the best dining in the Valley.Special Features:
- RickRickDined on 9/5/2014Everything was just great with the food, service. It was almost too noises however for conversation. Having said that I would return during less busy times for a more quiet dinner experience.I would recommend this to a friend.