Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale
15045 N. Kierland Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4804438555x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Lounge open until 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Siegfried Hohaus
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Tanya Queen for your next event.
A word from Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (147)vibrant bar scene (94)romantic (92)notable wine list (89)fit for foodies (86)hot spot (61)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (24)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary dinner and we were less than impressed. There were a total of 5-6 tables full in the restaurant and they sat everyone on top of one another. The waitress was pretentious and balked at our choice of ice water as opposed to sparkling or still. The food came out quickly which was nice but we had to crack our crabs & lobsters ourselves after the waitress emphasized to us a number of times that she would do all of the work for us. If I am going to pay over $100 for a seafood tower and $62 dollars a pound for crab legs, the least they can do is crack them for me. The Salt Cellar in Tempe is a much better choice and the food and service are exceptional!Special Features:
- Expected MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at a amazing Scottsdale spa resort. We love steak and seafood and planned a romantic dinner at the Ocean Club but was disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the food was good overall. They did give us a free dessert to celebrate our anniversary, ut the cake was cold and dry and they had they nerve to add ice cream. The Ocean Club does not compare to the Mastro's Steakhouse in Scottsdale, which by the way, is phenomenal; food, service, and ambiance. For us, it's unlikely that we would come back, but will definitely patronize both Mastro steakhouses.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Outstanding service. The food was amazing and rated best dinner out yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean ClubLove2eatDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant has AMAZING food and service! The prices are really high...but, everything seems gourmet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and service for the wife's birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and excellent service. Great drinks and wine list. Ambiance was more for a fun energetic night out rather than quiet romantic evening for two (which is what we were looking for). We were sat right in a corner in a bustling corner near a high traffic area and also next to people who were watching cartoons loudly on a cell phone while a band was playing in the bar. Will be glad to return for a group dinner or to have cocktails and a casual meal in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary family eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great to have some of our immediate family together for a memorable family event, involving three generations having great time togetherSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Lively bar scene. Wondered if most where there for a happy hour. Dining experience: Attentive waiter. Salads-disappointing. Our table had seafood and steak. All very rich. Possibly over use of butter?? Upset stomach that night, couldn't sleep. Astoundingly over priced for experience. Unlikely to return. Bring wallet to restrooms for attendant who turns on water, hands a towel, tip jar obvious.Special Features:
- 32nd AnniversaryProudDadDined on 8/14/2014Once again, Mastro's was perfect. The service was impeccable. The food is rich and decadent. Every mouthful is it's own celebration and you sit and wonder how it can possibly be so good. With standards this high, I would never risk going anywhere else for a special occasion. This is why we keep coming back again and again. Thank you Mastro's.Special Features:
- One of the best in Scottsdale!HappyVIPDined on 8/12/2014Every time we come here, I feel like the experience exceeds all expectations. Wait staff, food, music, everything. I absolutely love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.BiannecDined on 8/12/2014Nice for special occasions. Not a place you can eat at everyday unless you're rich. The sea bass is the best and love the elder martini. It was delicious. Thank you for my free dessert in honor of my birthday. Until next time 😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/12/2014Had a better experience last time when had a better waiter and better table. Table of 4 next to us was so loud we couldn't hear ourselves in conversation. Food was good but not spectacular like last time. Ambience can change everything…….even the taste of the food.Special Features:
- Business DinnerBrianCDined on 8/11/2014Food was excellent, staff was knowledgeable and attentive. I will be back!Special Features:
- Fine MealMeatguy1VIPDined on 8/11/2014Good service and excellent food. The prices are a little over the top, and the wine selections while good, were spendy. It is a very good location and I might return, but I just wonder how prices can go before it is too high. In my opinion the food and service were excellent, but the menu items are overpriced.Special Features:
- Bachelorette PartyMiriahDined on 8/9/2014We came to Scottsdale from Nashville for a bachelorette weekend and brought a party of 10 here for dinner on a Saturday night - I cannot say enough WONDERFUL things about Mastro's Ocean Club!!! They not only accommodated us, but when we were late, they were EXTREMELY understanding (getting 10 females ready on time is damn near impossible!). The food was AMAZING. The service was even more incredible. Everyone and everything was PERFECT. Mastro's called today to thank us for dining with them and to me, it's the little things that are so important! I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant - just know - it's not cheap. Not even a little bit. But it's worth EVERY dollar!!!!Special Features:
- Food and Dining ExperienceLuciaDined on 8/9/2014I had the giant lobster tail. It was a bit rubbery. I could not cut it with a knife. A couple to the left of us were having a heated argument. The woman kept saying," I will get louder." The girls at the front door looked very uptight and were not very friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Excellent service! Great food! Very much attention to detail! Impressed with next day follow up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not have been better!DschreyerteviewsDined on 8/6/2014The attention to detail was perfect. From the moment my wife and I walked in to the moment we finished our meal, we were completely satisfied with everything. The waiter was great and we did not feel rushed. The food was fantastic and we would recommend this dining experience to anyone. Can't wait to come back to Scottsdale so we can visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mickie is the BEST!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Our server, Mickie (sp?) was a WONDERFUL server! She took care of us and was very attentive. She made our experience EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soapy shrimp and rushed experienceFargDined on 8/1/2014We visited here for a special vacation night dinner after I had been here years ago and enjoyed it. This experience however was not enjoyable. Our server rushed us the ought the dinner asking for our order as he placed the seafood sampler down on our table. We were in and out of there in 75 minutes and had appetizers, a full course dinner with sides and 2 glasses of wine each. The two couples on either side of us were there before us and were still there after we left. To top it off we had two jumbo shrimp with our seafood tower and one if them had obviously been doused in soapy water. It was absolutely disgusting. My ribeye was just 'okay' and nothing special. I've had far better at many other restaurants. Overpriced for the experience!
- Not impressedAllyssaDined on 7/26/2014We were not impressed with Mastro's Ocean Club. The food was extremely overpriced for what we got. My husband ordered the 12 oz filet and, although it was a nice cut of meat, it was rather tasteless and slightly overcooked. I ordered the sea scallops. Two of the scallops were very good, but the other two tasted like ammonia. We ordered the lobster mashed potatoes to share and for $35 for a side, they were just so-so. The ambiance was also not that impressive. We were place at a table for two that was so close to the tables on either side of us, it felt like we were dining with those patrons as well. It didn't make for a very intimate dining experience. Overall, we were not impressed and will not return to or reccommend Mastro's Ocean Club.
- BDH1VIPDined on 7/25/2014Service was on point, but the food lack flavor and finesse. Just a boring meal at a high price point. Great bar scene though.
- Fair, but not WOWEDlovefinefoodinAZDined on 7/25/2014Food was good, but not great. Expected to be WOWED. Service was great and atmosphere was great but overall food was disappointing. Fish was cold by the time it came to the table. Seemed like a $250 dinner I could have fixed at home for $35.Special Features:
- CathyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Tomato Salad with Barrata needs some acidity and seasoning, otherwise the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond Awesome!TinaDined on 7/24/2014This restaurant goes above and beyond the normal service call. Food was a delight, as well as the waitstaff. We will be back at some point!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerchrissyDined on 7/23/2014A little loud for romance, but the food and service was excellent. Worth the trip from Tucson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Had a wonderful dinner with my family. They don't get treated to fine dining very often and the Ocean Club is over the top! First time that I have had my sides served and plates are hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great & Not So GreatFOODSNOBSVIPDined on 7/19/2014Everything was great except my Twin Lobster Tails. We were a party of 8 and literally everything other than my lobster tails were excellent! Not sure what happened - sent back once because it wasn't cooked thoroughly and then upon return, my first bite was full of shell particles. I had some in tail prior to sending back but didn't make a big deal however when they brought it back after being cooked more, I literally had to spit the first bit out in to my napkin. Very disappointing. However, the the portions are so huge that I was well fed and no longer hunger! Great place though - just don't order the lobster tails!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/13/2014Great food. Great service. The staff was very attentive. Best bread basket ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but...OccasionalFoodieDined on 7/13/2014We had heard a lot of good things about the Ocean Club, so we decided to try it for our Anniversary this year. We went on a Sunday evening, so it was a bit slower and not as crowded as I can imagine it might get on a regular weekend evening. We ordered the Salmon special and the Swordfish, both prepared the way our waiter recommended them. We split a side of Lobster Mashed as well. Both of our entrees were good, but not the best we'd ever eaten and probably not even in the top five. Everything else - drinks, sides, bread and salads were top-notch, but we both felt our entrees (and the desert) fell a bit short. It wasn't a bad experience, but we walked away without being "wowed" by anything except the bill. (and not in a good way)Special Features:
- Outstanding!JB28Dined on 7/11/2014This was my first time to Mastro's and I can't wait to go again. Ashley was ! Will request her the next time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS A FAVORITEFoodieDined on 7/6/2014Maestro's always delivers on their signature formula: good food and good service. This does come with a hefty price but it is worth it.Special Features:
- OverpricedUSCMDDined on 7/5/2014The food and service were excellent. However, the restaurant was very loud and was extremely overpriced. I think if you pay $40 to $50 for an entree, that a side vegetable should be included. Also, they should have a small side salad as a choice. They salad I ordered would have been enough for a meal by itself and most of it was wasted.
- Fish and steak...RyllVIPDined on 7/5/2014were prepared perfectly. Only complaint is the portions are too large...difficult to eat app, entree, and any sides. Prices reflect the size of the entrees....fish entrees were over $40.
- Outstanding service, mediocre foodJessicaFDined on 7/4/2014I had never been to the Ocean Club for dinner just for drinks and appetizers, so this was my first dinner experience and it was for a special occasion. Could not have had a better, more attentive waitress. The cocktails were fabulous as was the crab leg appetizer. However, my sea bass was only so, so, and I was not all that impressed with the asparagus or the lobster mashed potatoes (they were far too rich and almost greasy). For the money, the food was very average. I think I would go back for drinks, appetizers and dessert, but not have a full dinner.Special Features:
- AMAZING!TLB007CADined on 7/4/2014We usually go to City Hall, but decided to try this one instead and WOW! We had an early reservation so when we arrived, there were only a few tables in use. The hostess seats us in a rahter large area right next to a table of 8 adults and 2 infants. Seriously? Needless to say, we quietely asked to be moved, so we went to the lounge area and decided to sit at the bar. Best decision we made, our bartender Cindy was the most personable, professional, witty, adorable and quick bartender we have ever had. We laughed the entire time we were there. Nothing against the other bartenders, they were ALL fantastic! The food was perfection, the crab cocktail is beyond delicious, the cocktails were fabulous and the wine, oh WONDERFUL wine list!!Special Features:
- robertDined on 7/2/2014Overall an excellent dining experience! We certainly will be back again in the near future.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingrjFineDiningDined on 6/28/2014Went here for a "Christmas in June" present for my Father. Wonderful experience starting from the moment we walked in the door. Requested a quiet table (due to my Father's hearing loss) and got it. The only thing better than the exquisite meal was the outstanding service. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great jobFrustratedDined on 6/27/2014Bread to die for, especially the pretzels. Crab cake and bisque vg. Sea bass vgSpecial Features:
- Fabulous foodBdonnarDined on 6/26/2014This was our second visit and the food and service was wonderful. The only downside was that the music in the nearby bar was very loud and it was hard to talk during dinner. If you want a quiet dinner, ask for a table away from the bar.Special Features: