Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale
15045 N. Kierland Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (480) 443-8555
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Lounge open until 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Siegfried Hohaus
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Tanya Queen for your next event.
A word from Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (139)notable wine list (90)vibrant bar scene (88)romantic (84)fit for foodies (79)hot spot (74)good for groups (65)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Very nice and trendy restaurant, great atmosphere.chrisDined on 11/22/2014Four of us dined for dinner and 1 person had a birthday. The evening started at a decent noise level, but began to increase in difficulty having a pleasant conversation. 3 of the dinners were very good, the ahi tuna for my husband was delicious but a bit salty, the steak and roasted chicken very good. My grilled mahi mahi was a total disaster, very dry and presented without any visual on the plate. I needed a knife to cut through it. Not what I was hoping for in a piece of fish at that price. Our waiter was top shelf, great personality and very helpful. The busboys were a bit to eager to take plates that were being picked at to the point of annoying. The brussel sprouts were excellent as were the potatoes. Overall I would recommend an early dinner if you like to have conversation, if you like the night life and music, the bar is a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duke is the bombOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014We loved our waiter Duke, he was kind, knowledgeable and very friendly. The food was delicious and cooked to perfection. Wonderful place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Failed to honor my reservation.RationalGuyDined on 11/18/2014I was attending a business meeting in Chandler. I made reservations thru Open Table for 3 colleagues and me at 8:15. We arrived about 10 minutes early and, after checking in, went to the bar for drinks. We were not seated at even 8:50, we ordered appetizers and left. There were MANY other patrons I talked to in the same boat (reservations not being honored in a timely manner). Fortunately, I was out with co-workers and not customers. The only positive note is that we were comp'd a round of drinks.
- special occassionsaem25Dined on 11/15/2014Fantastic food, very expensive. This is a very "hip" spot. The server gave out the prices of specials so high that it was like she was doing me a favor to give such high numbers. I would definitely recommend the place for any special night, however. The food is great, the ambiance is awesome, the service is also great. While we had to wait for a server to come over to the table for quite a while once they started serving us, the crew of people were very attentive. The best sea bass I have ever tasted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014I have been to this place multiple times. Each time has been wonderful. The food is always great and the service exceptional. This is the first place I take out of town visitors. They are always impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2014I requested a quiet table for 2. We were seated in the main dining room in a very loud section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Was Good...ElleMElleVIPDined on 11/10/2014...but the Warm Butter Cake with vanilla ice cream (minus the raspberry sauce) was to die for. That's all I can think about! It's that good.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Great food!!! Service was bad but it was the waiter!!Special Features:
- Slow servicebummedDined on 11/8/2014We arrived at 6 promptly and our server was attentive until drinks were served. We waited another 20-30 minutes for the server to come back to give us the specials and was going to leave again but we stopped him. Then it took about 45 minutes for our entree to be served and then we never saw him again until he brought out the dessert that was ordered prior to sitting down. The ceased salad was a disappointment for all and the service was not as it should be. I have dined here several times before and I have to say it must have been our server since I have never experienced this before. I will make sure he is not my server again. Our bill was $450.00 so yes I do expect exceptional service. Wouldn't you.Special Features:
- Great place. Excellent foodAlexDined on 11/2/2014Good place to eat, very good service and quality of ingredients. A lot of old people so we had to keep our volume down but overall nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantbrandigirlDined on 11/2/2014My husband and I absolutely LOVE Mastro's. The food is always fantastic, the restaurant always beautiful, and the service always outstanding. We go every time we are in the area of one of their locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014Our service was terrible and since there are other great steakhouses we won't be back.Special Features:
- Nice nightCardinalfanDined on 11/1/2014After being open for years, still a special spot. A bit loud at first and staff hurried, but food and ambiance make it worth the visit. Great shrimp cocktail and oysters Rockefeller . Chopped salad ok but filet mignon awesome. Ribeye tasty as well. Enjoy the buttery pound cake dessert. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience...alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/29/2014Thank you for the service, attention, and not disappointing.Special Features:
- 2nd visit in one weekWadefaithDined on 10/29/2014First time absolutely fantastic, second visit waiter pushed applies that were not great and meal was not as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KycoupleDined on 10/28/2014One of the Best Dinner and service ever! We had lobster bisque, wedge, ahi tuna, scallops and lobster mashed potatoes! All excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Customer ServiceSunnstars14Dined on 10/27/2014Not only was the food spot on, Eric our server was knowledgable on the wines and the menu. He added a dash of wit that we enjoyed as we celebrated a birthday. The following day the hostess left a voicemail thanking us for dining with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomCDined on 10/25/2014one of my favorite restaurants in scottdale. i had 2 client dinners there during my last visit to Scottdale, good food and a lively sceneSpecial Features:
- Birthdays done rightRexsterDined on 10/25/2014My friend and I share a birthday month. We decided to make it special and go to Mastro's. Being from California we really miss good seafood. This place has great seafood. Fresh, well prepared and the presentation was superb. The kicker was the service. Once they knew it was our birthday's at the end of the meal we were both served a piece of decadent chocolate cake. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great way to CelebratePJboVIPDined on 10/24/2014We went here for our anniversary on Friday and were not disappointed. We have gone to the Mastro's location in Scottsdale many times but wanted to try something new. Stopped in the lounge for a cocktail before dinner - the place was packed! There were a lot of folks dining in the bar area - was hard to get a seat. Ended up sitting at the piano which was OK, but not very comfortable stools. The martini's were excellent! Live music was also really good and lended to the atmosphere. Moving to dinner we started with calamari then I had the Lamb and Hubs had the arctic char - all excellent. Nice bottle of wine and complimentary anniversary dessert was a great way to end the evening. Yes, a bit spendy but worth every cent!Special Features:
- Amazing!!valentineDined on 10/22/2014Wonderful place to celebrate a Birthday! The service was amazing! Food was so good we had to take all the leftovers....and the special touch of outstanding chocolate cake with thick whip cream...YUM! Thank YouSpecial Features:
- Upscale incredibleWadefaithDined on 10/22/2014Not a place you would eat every night unless you were very wealthy but for a special occasion or romantic dinner it was top notch. Best food I have had in a long time.Special Features:
- Not what you thinkTerryjVIPDined on 10/19/2014On vacation in Scottsdale was recommended this restaurant. Seated at 7:30 approached at 7:45, first drink came at 8:05. We waited 35 minutes for a drink. When we told waitress it was a long wait she apologized but didn't offer to buy the drinks nothing. Dinner was very expensive for what you got - wines by the glass were so high priced (could buy a bottle of wine at our local discounter for the price they were charging for one glass). Order of oyster Rockefeller which was over cooked and burnt on the top. Couldn't hear our soft spoken waitress due to the noise level. We will not be back to this over priced chain restaurant.Special Features:
- Worth the SplurgeBulldogVIPDined on 10/18/2014If you want to celebrate a special occasion or just splurge for the night, you really can't beat Mastro's Ocean Club. The food and service were impeccable and memorable - and worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio of delightCandiDined on 10/17/2014Crab cocktail, Ocean Club salad and Butter cake makes a perfect dining trio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodMikeVIPDined on 10/17/2014This is always one of our favorite seafood restaurants. Tried the sushi roll . Totally awesome!!Special Features:
- old time steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Great simply cooked steak/lobster restaurant. Oysters Rockefeller smoky spinach flavor were awesome, but escargot lacked garlic flavor. Crème Brule typical, warm butter cake had good flavor, & their chocolate cake was coarse & frosting gritty. The servers were all attentive and concerned. Thursday night & it was crowded. It was a little to dark, so they hand you a flashlight. It was extremely noisy so hard to carry on important conversations if necessary.
- Tough nightMNeatsDined on 10/14/2014Maybe just a bad night for the cook. We have been there prior with really fine dinning. Steak over cooked. Not as much flavor. Good wine and music.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014Outstanding evening, a little noisy but overall a wonderful nite. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently a great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/13/2014Great food, wine, service, and experience. Ate here two nights in five days, overall very very goodSpecial Features:
- Simply AmazingPatriciaVIPDined on 10/13/2014The food was excellent, the service was 5 star, the whole experience was wonderful, we will be back very soon, try the hot butter cake!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic MasterosWeintime87VIPDined on 10/12/2014Always a good meal. Lobster Roll was awesome, Calamari is solid, Char is great, Brussel Sprouts are incredible, Butter Cake is beyond description.Special Features:
- Special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Always great food and service. Bar entertainment is excellent.Special Features:
- SteveVIPDined on 10/11/2014The place is a Zoo. It was packed and noisy as heck. The food was ok.Seafood tower was fresh and delicious. The Porterhouse was good not great.The lobster was battered and rubbery. Do not order! The service was terrific.but would return only on a weeknight. And order the Seafood Tower only.Special Features:
- OutstandingMimiDined on 10/11/2014As always we enjoyed our dinner at this very special restaurant. Fabulous martini's, great food, great service...a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!!RK0428Dined on 10/8/2014This is my number one restaurant, in every way. The Best!!Special Features:
- Ocean Club is AwesomeLovedPastaBrioniDined on 10/8/2014The service starts as you walk through the doors. You are greeted with smiles and taken to your table. The server is able to help with the menu, the wine and drink choices and makes your dinner experience better. We had wonderful seafood and our friends shared an enormous steak. They explained that they were sharing the steak and it was sliced and brought out on two plates which was excellent. The food was wonderful and the sizes were large enough for everyone to taste. The sides were large enough to share. We ordered a dessert and they brought one because we were celebrating our anniversary. All I could say "awesome".Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointedHulaHulaDined on 10/6/2014It was extremely loud in the restaurant. We couldn't hear each other talking at the table. We had been to the Mastro's Steakhouse before about 8 years ago, not the Ocean Club. Steakhouse we loved because of the luxury feel of the restaurant. Our server forgot our drinks, didn't show much for care to our table, seemed overwhelmed. We had to pour our wine, ask another employee to help, etc. We miss your cheese potatoes (lyonnaise potatoes)!!! on the bubbling platter and steaks on sizzling platters. Our scalloped potatoes were cold. Descriptions of food items on the menu would help - we ordered scallops, probably wouldn't have since we did not know they were in a tomato sauce. We asked our server and was told butter & garlic.Special Features:
- Great Food!homecookDined on 10/3/2014Always consistent with food quality and service. We enjoyed a nice evening with family members.Special Features:
- A Perfect EveningSurpriseBRDined on 10/3/2014We went to the Ocean Club for the first time to celebrate my birthday. It was outstanding in every way. Jessica, our server, clearly explained the menu and the evening specials, answered questions and made helpful suggestions. The meal was perfectly timed, with each course arriving mere moments after ordering. Used dishes and utensils were whisked away as soon as you put down your fork, but they managed to never make you feel rushed. The entire staff was attentive without being intrusive and each suggestion Jessica made was substantiated by a delicious plate. From the delicate lobster bisque and fresh chopped salad to the perfectly prepared bone - in ribeye and crab legs to the warm butter cake, it was perfect in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.