Mastro's Steakhouse - Costa Mesa
633 Anton Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Costa Mesa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7145467405x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Nick Foegal
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: For you next event please contact Shashona Reynolds.
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Costa Mesa
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mastro's Steakhouse - Costa Mesa - Best Restaurants in Costa Mesa ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Costa Mesa reviews from OpenTable diners
343 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (272)romantic (226)notable wine list (160)fit for foodies (121)vibrant bar scene (85)good for groups (74)hot spot (56)neighborhood gem (36)late-night find (23)great for outdoor dining (13)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Mastro's is OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014The steak is the best I've had in my entire life! Mastro's has ruined me for all other steakhouses. The steak is cooked to perfection with superb seasoning and just the right amount of charring. I would give my left pinky toe if I could have the recipe for their steaks. Many thanks to your chef for providing such a wonderful dining experience! If I could rate you 20 stars I certainly would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night for diningdoctorDined on 9/13/2014The service was excellent and the lobster bisque and lobster mashed potatoes beyond terrific! The steak was prepared exactly as ordered! Many thanks.Special Features:
- seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Tables too close together. Hard to get in and out of chair! Too many tables in room. Other than that, great service, great food.Special Features:
- AttentivenessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014The service started out being impeccable then halfway through our stay there, seemed like the waiter disappeared. Several times, had to ask the guy who was refilling the water, and/or another waiter, the request we had at the time. Otherwise, a great evening for a special occasion. Best steak ever!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and deliciousMomof2Dined on 9/10/2014My husband took me here for my birthday (we had tickets to South Coast Rep and it's close) and we were treated like royalty. It is a very elegant restaurant but not stuffy, with a fun staff and modern music. The service and food is amazing but the little details make this place truly special. We were able to leave our leftovers with the them so our food wouldn't have to sit in our car while we attended the play and were able to leave our car with the valet and walk over to the play. I also got a phone call the next day asking how our experience was. This was one of my favorite dining experiences to date. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience and would love to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerwineproDined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner for my husband's birthday. It was, at first, a little warm in the restaurant but our waitress took care of it immediately when I mentioned it. Dinner was on the expensive side but, after all, it was a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak house in SoCalYummyDined on 9/6/2014We go often. We always sit in the lounge area because the entertainment and ambiance are always on point. The bar and wait staff are fun sociable and know when and when not to interject themselves into the conversation. The food is always five star and consistently on point! You can always count on Mastro's to provide a suburb dining experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks in OCMasonDined on 9/6/2014They sat us at a table that was right in the middle of traffic. It was loud and near the service station. We asked to move which they did right away and we we're taken to a much more suitable table. Our service was top notch. She was friendly and engaging. The best part of the night were the outstanding steaks. Some of the best I've had in a very long time. Cooked perfect, tender and full of flavor. We had the large bone in ribeye and a bone in NY. Both were great! I thought it was worth the price and am looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The best steak I think I ever had! Bone in filet.. Service was excellent .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a business eventHoppyeaterDined on 9/4/2014The service was fantastic. The food exceptional. A bit on the expensive side but worth it for a nice, quiet dinner.Special Features:
- what a findtravel2eatDined on 9/1/2014visiting the southern California area, had dinner with my son. We could not have had a better experience, the food was delicious, decor beautiful and the music pleasant. will go back next time I'm visitingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeavenlySurfk9sDined on 8/31/2014A wonderful restaurant to celebrate a special occasion. The food is amazing, delicious steaks that are served on a plate sizzling at 400 degrees. The Lobster Mashed Potatoes are a must and Pudding Cake was just as good. Our service was attentive and helpful in choosing tens from the menu. All in all it was a wonderful place for us to celebrate our anniversary. We will defiantly be back.Special Features:
- Always memorable eating at Mastro'sjojodancer15Dined on 8/31/2014My bf and I came here to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. I've been to Mastro's before but it was his first time. He used to be in the culinary industry so he is somewhat of a food snob; however, he loved the food and even more so, the service. We ordered for 12 people but we loved every item: crab cakes, hamachi, tiger shrimp, bone-in rib eye, filet, lobster mashed potatoes (A MUST!!) and roasted brussel sprouts. Our waiter, Kevin, was awesome, energetic, hard working, personable and cool. He came out and surprised us with a slice of their amazing chocolate cake and the plate read "Happy Anniversary" on the top and "1 year" on the bottom. We also ordered the buttercake bc it's the best thing on this planet!! This will be our annual spot.Special Features:
- Bar - my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Patti at the bar is fantastic! Patti and the live music is the reason we frequent this particular location. She Can juggle conversations with multiple guests along with running the well and keeping bar guests drinks full. The ocean club doesn't come close to having same level of service as does Costa Mesa. We've tried multiple times and still love the food, but just never have same experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedFirsttimerDined on 8/30/2014Mastro's was a nice experience, but would I do it again? Maybe. Our first time going and we were sat at a table that was so small that after they put the bread on the table, there was hardly room to set down our drinks. The service was ok, I read they were going to wait on us hand and foot, but it was pretty normal, with the waitress coming occasionally to check on us. Overall the food was good, the Lobster Mash was worth a try, would I order it again? No. The green beans were dynamite, but my bone in ribeye didn't knock my socks off, it was good, but didn't blow me away. I would still tell people to go there, but I would also tell them about my overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!RobertDined on 8/30/2014The food and service, as expected, was excellent. They added a nice touch with a birthday cake for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine SteaksMorelsDined on 8/29/2014The steaks are always the best, never been disappointed, always cooked to perfection, this is THE SPOT for a great steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not return hereLeebogVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time here at the Costa Mesa branch only because I couldn't get a reservation at the Newport Beach one. My wife and I wanted to take our son to a good dinner for his birthday and so we thought celebrating at a Mastro's restaurant would be a memorable experience for him. Did not like our experience here at all. We were made to wait about 30 minutes over our scheduled reservation time. Other walk-ins (bigger groups) were seated right away. I was told because larger tables were available and there was only 3 of us. I try to use Open Table whenever I can to avoid waiting to get seated at restaurants and this defeated that purpose. Will never return to this restaurant!Special Features:
- Will definitely be backmomreenDined on 8/29/2014Took my husband here with our two kids for his birthday and we all absolutely loved it. I had the bone-in rib eye and he had the bone-in filet and we both loved our steaks. The kids also enjoyed the rib-eye with me and said it was the "best steak ever" and we have to agree. They oysters were a little pricey but the presentation was spectacular and they were delicious. The creamed corn was amazing also and the baked potato was massively delicious. I have no words to describe the butter keep except exceptional. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Very Good But OverpricedMJSHBDined on 8/28/2014Very good steak but I think they are likely one of the most expensive places for steak...on average upper 50's for only steak...no sides. No flaws in the place except their outrageous prices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Great taste of steak and seafood, and wine. Service is too casual and servants were too much involved in our conversation. Recommend it for food, not for service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedFundadorayDined on 8/27/2014First time here and I must say everything met my expectation. Walked into the restaurant and it looked like a classy night club at Vegas. Service was excellent, waiter was very knowledgeable and made our dining enjoyable. And of course the food was excellent; the portions were generous and the magarita my gf and I had was perhaps one of the best we drank. We are definitely coming back here. Thank you Mastros for wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm reminded, one can never go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We used to eat here all the time and loved it. Now-pretentious, ridiculously loud, remarkably overpriced with service lacking in any and all empathy. The food was actually quite good but the negative experience involving everything else ruined the evening. For this kind of money there are many other options in OC that don't include the hassle.
- When you demand the best experiencetpqmanDined on 8/25/2014Everyone - from reservations, to reception, to service staff were impeccable, amazing and made our experience unparalleled. The food was exquisite. We feasted like royalty and spent as much time as needed just enjoying every moment... Drinks, appetizers, main course and of course the desserts! Top recommendations: Chef's cut bone-in ribeye, Gorgonzola Mac and Cheese, Creamed Spinach, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Creme Brûlée, and of course... BUTTER CAKE!!!! While we don't get the chance to frequent as much as I'd like, we will always come back and recommend Mastro's as our top dining choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceAfernDined on 8/24/2014Felt very disrespected by our server. Probably will not go back. Have been going to Flemings forever and decided to change it up. I will be going back to Flemings for sure.Special Features:
- Just the right spot for our 41stPlayer4747VIPDined on 8/24/2014Wonderful service from Daniella. A great steak and superb lamb chops.Special Features:
- Great Special Occasion CelebrationBton1268Dined on 8/23/2014Steaks (rib eye and NY pepper steak) were fantastic. Rib eye held a lot more flavor. Lobster mash is a MUST for sides. Server was ok, I have had better servers at Mastros in the past. A few others that came around to clear the table and crumbs. Either way food was amazing!Special Features:
- Great Food!jenesaisquoiDined on 8/23/2014The food was wonderful, however, the cost was too high. The dinning room is cramped, too dark and loud. The servers seem harried and not very attentive. Corkage for wine $35 per bottle - too high. We had three entrees three sides, four salads and one dessert plus two bottles of our own wine and the bill was almost $400. I love the steak, salads are ok but not spectacular, sides were good but unless your a 1% or just need to be seen, this is not a place to go. Nice touch with the bottled water when you exit.Special Features:
- Reputation dessimatedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We have been long standing satisfied guests of The Mastros chain but our experience on our recent visit to Costa Mesa was a catostraphic disappointment Food orders were incorrect, waiting staff incompetant and disinterested and the whole " Mastros" experience was a disaster and an embarrassment,we had an overseas guest that had heard such wonderful reviews and looked forward to a memorable evening that sadly did not evolve Beverly Hills and Ocean Club are both wonderful restaurants but Costa Mesa is not in the same legue and needs major help to join their " sister" restaurantsSpecial Features:
- It's Reputation is Well DeservedThk22VIPDined on 8/21/2014Had dinner during Restaurant Week. Steaks were top quality and well prepared. Salads and side orders offered with prepared menu were great choices and excellent. Overall experience was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieQueenDined on 8/21/2014Usually very expensive but Restaurant Week made it a wonderful value. Great food and service. Congratulations to the kitchen for putting out perfectly prepared steaks to a capacity crowd.!Special Features:
- Costa Mesa Reataurant WeekTattykasDined on 8/21/2014I came here for the super sweet deal they had for the Costa Mesa Restaurant Week and I think I got my money worth x 10 times! The food was great, the wine was excellent and dessert? Decadent! They couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- irvineDined on 8/21/2014the food was ok, and the ambience is fine. this is about the 5th time I ate here. but after my wife asked for her leftover steak to go, they mixed up the box, and gave her someone else's butter cake instead. when I called the restaurant, and the manager never called me back. NOT professional.
- Large group...no problem!TheDiSommasDined on 8/21/2014Originally our reservation was for a group of 10, but when we had last minute additions, Masto's accommodated and extra table close by the large table we had. However, within minutes of getting there, the staff made sure that everyone was sitting together, even if it was a little tight in our group! This was great, since it was a team event for a coworker who was leaving our department and we really wanted to celebrate together :-) Mastro's NEVER disappoints us!Special Features:
- Does not live up to the reputation!SaltyDined on 8/20/2014We had an 8pm reservation as the resturant could not accomadate an earlier hour due to the Costa Mesa resturant week. Arrived at 7:55, we were informed that our table would be ready closer to our reservation time (8pm) and that someone would find us in the lounge. 47 minutes later, 8:42pm, we were finally seated with an attittude. At this point we are starving and are just glad to have a table. Not the type of service you expect from Mastro's or any high $, fine dining establishment. The table service was just OK. compared to other Mastro's. Had the 33oz ribeye. Date had petite filet, both VERY salty. CRUNCHY, SALTY, DRY! Both steaks were orderd medium rare came out medium well. The cream spinach was horrid! Mac n Cheese was the highlight!Special Features:
- I was a big fan of Mastro's...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014I normally do not write reviews, but could not stop myself this time around. I was blown away by my first trip to Mastro's (Granted, it was Newport Beach Ocean's Club location then) couple years ago. When OC restaurant week came around this year, I was excited to experience their filet cooked to perfection. But I guess the whole OC restaurant week thing is not what Mastro's had made fond of. First of all, our party of four were seated in a weird hall way near the kitchen where it seems the table originally were not supposed be in. Salad was drenched in vinegrette dressing to point where it was not edible. Filet was ruined it by over seasoning it! It was so salty! Must have drank a gallon of water when I got back. Dissapointing.
- The Very Best!foodieforlifeDined on 8/18/2014I love everything about Mastros: great service, food, drinks n entertainment. My favorites include wagyu, ribeye, filet, gnocchi, n buttercake! This foodie loves Mastros any night of the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grilled Shrimp is to die for!jburkiVIPDined on 8/18/2014We took advantage of the Costa Mesa Restaurant Week and dined on a Monday night after work. Instead of being annoyed at the discounted prices, the staff was very attentive and energetic. Our server recommended the grilled shrimp appetizer and I have to say it was the best appetizers I've ever had. The meal was amazing; same quality of steak we would have received at full-price. To top off our amazing dinner, we were served individual warm butter cakes. It was a great meal and I will be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerMouseDined on 8/17/2014We took advantage of Costa Mesa Restaurant week to dine here for the first time. Judging from the menu prices, this was an excellent deal. We have enough left over for two more dinners! The food was excellent and our server, Jesina (sp?) was very sweet and attentive. Unfortunately, her wait support staff were not so great. It took 10 minutes to just get water and I had to ask twice for our bread. And for some reason they kept trying to take our bread away which I thought was odd. My napkin was rolled up when I briefly left the table and stuck in the butter, which was an accident of course. But it took more than five minutes to have it replaced. For a restaurant of this caliber and prices I would expect much better service. Good, not great.Special Features: