Mastro's Steakhouse - Costa Mesa
633 Anton Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Costa Mesa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7145467405x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Nick Foegal
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: For you next event please contact Shashona Reynolds.
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Costa Mesa
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mastro's Steakhouse - Costa Mesa - Best Restaurants in Costa Mesa ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Costa Mesa reviews from OpenTable diners
332 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (258)romantic (209)notable wine list (145)fit for foodies (122)vibrant bar scene (80)good for groups (70)hot spot (63)neighborhood gem (36)late-night find (25)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- PerfectKT0000Dined on 10/19/2014Food & service were fantastic. Come hungry as everything seemed to be large portions. We were there for a convention weekend and brought a group of 12. Was the BEST DINNER we had out of the 5 nights we ate out at nice restaurants all over Anaheim. Worth the drive if you are coming from the Anaheim convention centerSpecial Features:
- AMAZINGQueenbeeVIPDined on 10/18/2014From the minute we walked into the restaurant the ambiance was stunning! We enjoyed shrimp cocktail for appetizers, wedge salad, filet mignon lobster mashed potatoes, crab gnocchi, Brussels sprouts and the famous butter cake for dessert! Definitely will be back!!! ❤️❤️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fine dinner at Mastro'sssddsDined on 10/10/2014Great dinner and great service. Always recommended for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itkristengreyDined on 10/10/2014Spent our anniversary here. Food was incredible. They even brought us a special dessert to celebrate. Very impressed. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceGastroguyDined on 10/10/2014The service was top notch. Our server gave great recommendations to make our meal wonderful. The food was served timely. We both had steak and it was cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend Mastro's for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CryogenicDined on 10/10/2014Excellent! Great Service! Delicious! Very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!TommyLam714Dined on 10/8/2014It was an amazing experience! Thank you for making this a memorble moment for me and especially making this night special for my girlfriend. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite DiningAlexanderGDined on 10/8/2014Definitely not casual dining spot (unless you have deep pockets). Their entire menu is absolute top notch, with great drinks from the bar, and excellent service and recommendations from the waiters. Would definitely come back if I felt like eating some absolutely amazing quality food for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for special occasionTweetieDined on 10/4/2014Always love this place to meet up with friends for birthday celebration. Service is impeccable, foods always done to your liking. My steak always perfect the way I wanted.Special Features:
- Worth another visit but....Aloha1734VIPDined on 10/4/2014We frequent Mastro's Costa Mesa a few times a year. Typically it's above & beyond in every category. The evening started off perfect as we're use to. Then the editor did a couple things- 1- it was our anniversary & kept trying to get my husband & I to order more alcohol because "you know, Mastros is known for making memories & you could go home & work on baby #2". It was intersting while my husband was in the restroom he mentioned that & at a later point revisited it once my husband was at the table. 2- we waited 35 mins for the check! I had to flag down a support staff to get it. After dessert was delivered we never saw the waiter again! A manager delivered our check. Very odd!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerWineloverDined on 10/4/2014My husband took me here to celebrate my birthday. Amazing food, great wine selectionSpecial Features:
- California's bestPPGIncDined on 10/4/2014There is absolutely no other place that measures up with Mastro's for fine dining. Morton's and the other steakhouse chains are just that; another chain restaurant. Superb service, spectacular food.Special Features:
- B'day celebrationmarieDined on 10/3/2014Superb cocktails, excellent and attentive waiter (Tony), food also outstanding. All in all, a very nice evening. Only downside was the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2014MASTRO'S FOOD, YOU CAN REALLY TASTE THE QUALITY AND EXPERTISE IN EVERY BITE.Special Features:
- Steak could not have been better!!BrianVIPDined on 9/30/2014I just had the best ribeye I have ever had! There isn't one thing that I didn't find perfect! One of the best steakhouses in the US!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/29/2014Safe for a special occasion, right? NO! Our New York Steaks were tough and barely sliceable...and I mean I should have brought a saw with me. Chopped salad totally forgettable. Server touted the Butter Cake finish but UGH too sweet and too buttery. That's just the food. The dining chairs should have been put out to pasture long ago. The wood frame from the upholstered seats were all my little behind could feel. Sat on a corner of the chair all night. So uncomfortable! Where does such a fine, upscale restaurant go so wrong? Such a disappointment, especially when we drove from Pasadena. Couldn't wait to get back into my car for the long drive home.
- still in the 80'sTruthsayerDined on 9/28/2014When you have to request a flashlight or use your phone to read the menu, what are they hiding? Well the décor and prices would be the obvious conclusions. The food was somewhat above average, but still overpriced. The noise level was so high, we couldn't talk across the table without having to repeat ourselves. The décor was obviously 20th century. The waiter obviously had better things to do, because he seemed put out by any request and many times had an improper retort while he let us sit and wait interminable amounts of time. I would not go back here of my own accord, but if you have a chunk of cash that you can't spend anywhere else, be their guest.
- First TimeJoelDined on 9/27/2014We have been to a lot of nice restaurants, Mastro's was very nice, excellent food and service. The only thing we didn't like was we were sitted way over in a corner. I would rather of been sitted somewhere were the aubience was a bit more lit up and not as loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation / ServiceServiceMattersDined on 9/27/2014We arrived and were told it would be a 30-45 minute wait, unless we wanted to sit in the bar. We asked if there was a mistake with our reservation and they said "No, we have your reservation, but it does NOT guarantee you a table in the dinning area and the bar is all that's open." We chose to sit in the bar, which did have tables, but we were there for a romantic Anniversary dinner and were sitting in an area with lots of people standing around and live music. The wait staff in this area was obviously more in tune with a patron who was looking for an energetic night out, which was not the vibe we were aiming for that night. Overall, it is a nice place, but it did not meet my expectations for an establishment of that caliber and cost.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014I was expecting a great meal. Unfortunately, two of our steaks were chewy and my sea bass smelled fishy. Disappointing.
- Good Food - Service Needs WorkTaster1Dined on 9/26/2014Ambiance and food were great. Service seemed more to go through motions than sincere interest in our providing us with a great experience. Given level of restaurant and price point, expect more from service level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/26/2014They helped me pull off a wondeful surprise for my friend's birthday, all while providing excellent service and great food. Thanks for everything!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the beef?2diners9Dined on 9/26/2014Best steak in the world, not just in town. took our out of town son and wife for dinner, they had never been there. Spoiled them forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a very good dinner servicesEva225Dined on 9/25/2014we have to ask some more breads to re-filled for asking several times... not a very good services.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerJamo5Dined on 9/25/2014Our server Nicolae was awesome! It was our first time at Mastros, and he made us feel very welcome and answered all our questions about the menu. My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary , and the ambiance was perfect! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So impressed!!SeekingBestStakeDined on 9/20/2014I have to say that Mastro's is the best stake restaurant around my place, South OC, from the standpoint of taste, ambience, restaurant, service, valet service and everything. It was true that my wife and I had to wait for 15-20mins after our reservation time. However, it was worth. It was true that our table is the nearest place to entrance counter, but I didn't care. This is because the waitress, Ms. Ester, served our table very well and took care of ourselves so much. The most impressive stuff is taste of their stake. We had Filet-Mignon and Rib-Eye, and they were amazing!! Their taste might be better than the other famous stake restaurant which we thought the best until last Saturday! Thank you so much, Mastro's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent, poor serviceGeePeeDined on 9/20/2014The quality of food: excellent. The server was mediocre and borderline flaky. I believe his name was Drew. Fortunately for Drew, Mark Kim was also a waiter that salvaged the night for us and made up for Drew's inadequacies. Drew consistently dropped the ball from the start; he forgot about our salad, he failed to bring my wife's decaf coffee and he also forgot about my after dinner drink request. We wouldnt even know what his name was unless we asked another waiter. If it were not for Mark Kim to come to the rescue the night would have been ruined. If we had to have Drew as our waiter again, we would take our business back to Morton's or elsewhere. I would rather dine at Outback Steakhouse instead (I hope this paints the picture).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For special occasionsluv2dineDined on 9/20/2014Pricey (as in New York pricey) but worth it for special occasions. Favorites are the rack of lamb, Chilean Sea Bass, Veal Chops, mac & cheese. The lettuce wedge is also the best anywhere. Be careful to avoid the tempting breads, although there is usually plent of food left to take home.Special Features:
- The Best SteaksocdinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Clearly the best steaks in the U.S. We dine here regularly - the steak is consistently good. Mac and Cheese is awesome. Don't eat too much bread or you will miss out on the great desserts. Last night, our only complaint in coming here for years, was that we were given the worst table in the restaurant. It was tiny (couldn't fit all the dishes we ordered), had a cool breeze from the front door and a music speaker above one of the seats. That being said, we still love the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DennisDined on 9/19/2014Have dined at Mastro's Ocean Grill. This is every bit as good. Real benefit is ease of reservations. Food excellent!!Special Features:
- Steaks???Seriously???PhillyGalVIPDined on 9/19/2014We were expecting top rate steaks…….we ordered the scallop appetizer which was fabulous, the ahi tartare which was good but not as good as Wildfish and/or Ruths Chris. The Masto's lacked seasoning - you tasted the ahi and the avocado, a bit on the bland side. Then we both ordered the bone in 12 once filet. The plate was very hot as was the steak. It was cooked medium rare as requested. The first bite, the texture was terrific, very very tender but the steak lacked flavor. It had not been seasoned and there was no char on the outside. It was a bit dry tasting. The service was great as was the ambience. But, if you are looking for a fabulous tasting steak - stick with Ruths Chris. Mastro's doesn't live up to the hype. Pricey!Special Features:
- Awesome Steak!hungrytravellerDined on 9/17/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday last week and as expected, the steak was awesome! Perfectly seared, medium cooked tender juicy inside. We ordered the Tomahawk steak, its a 32 oz so we shared. We also ordered the lobster mash, dungeness crab cocktail, and wine. They also gave my wife a free slice of chocolate cake for her birthday. The server was very attentive and nice. The only thing is the tables were too close together and the noise level was on the loud side. Nevertheless, we had a good experience and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not coming backLastvisitDined on 9/17/2014I made reservations for 7:15 & did not get seated until almost 8p. When I questioned the wait, the host said that reservations does not guarantee you a seating.???? After we got seated, the waitress took our order. We ordered an appetizer, the main dish and side orders all at the same time. We waited 30-40 mins and wondered where our appetizer is. The waitress came & said that it should be coming soon. In the meantime, she gave us more bread. The main dish & side dish finally came and we asked the server where our appetizer is. He said to ask our waitress, that it's not on his list. The waitress apologized and still served us our appetizer later, free of charge. The chefs cut ribeye was dry and lacked flavor. We had to ask for steak sauce.Special Features:
- Mastro's is OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014The steak is the best I've had in my entire life! Mastro's has ruined me for all other steakhouses. The steak is cooked to perfection with superb seasoning and just the right amount of charring. I would give my left pinky toe if I could have the recipe for their steaks. Many thanks to your chef for providing such a wonderful dining experience! If I could rate you 20 stars I certainly would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night for diningdoctorDined on 9/13/2014The service was excellent and the lobster bisque and lobster mashed potatoes beyond terrific! The steak was prepared exactly as ordered! Many thanks.Special Features:
- seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Tables too close together. Hard to get in and out of chair! Too many tables in room. Other than that, great service, great food.Special Features:
- AttentivenessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014The service started out being impeccable then halfway through our stay there, seemed like the waiter disappeared. Several times, had to ask the guy who was refilling the water, and/or another waiter, the request we had at the time. Otherwise, a great evening for a special occasion. Best steak ever!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and deliciousMomof2Dined on 9/10/2014My husband took me here for my birthday (we had tickets to South Coast Rep and it's close) and we were treated like royalty. It is a very elegant restaurant but not stuffy, with a fun staff and modern music. The service and food is amazing but the little details make this place truly special. We were able to leave our leftovers with the them so our food wouldn't have to sit in our car while we attended the play and were able to leave our car with the valet and walk over to the play. I also got a phone call the next day asking how our experience was. This was one of my favorite dining experiences to date. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience and would love to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerwineproDined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner for my husband's birthday. It was, at first, a little warm in the restaurant but our waitress took care of it immediately when I mentioned it. Dinner was on the expensive side but, after all, it was a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.