Mastro's Steakhouse - Costa Mesa
633 Anton Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Costa Mesa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7145467405x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Nick Foegal
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: For you next event please contact Shashona Reynolds.
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Costa Mesa
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Mastro's Steakhouse - Costa Mesa - Best Restaurants in Costa Mesa ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Costa Mesa reviews from OpenTable diners
363 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (286)romantic (230)notable wine list (171)fit for foodies (113)vibrant bar scene (94)good for groups (77)hot spot (60)neighborhood gem (37)late-night find (25)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- HeavenlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014A wonderful restaurant to celebrate a special occasion. The food is amazing, delicious steaks that are served on a plate sizzling at 400 degrees. The Lobster Mashed Potatoes are a must and Pudding Cake was just as good. Our service was attentive and helpful in choosing tens from the menu. All in all it was a wonderful place for us to celebrate our anniversary. We will defiantly be back.Special Features:
- Bar - my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Patti at the bar is fantastic! Patti and the live music is the reason we frequent this particular location. She Can juggle conversations with multiple guests along with running the well and keeping bar guests drinks full. The ocean club doesn't come close to having same level of service as does Costa Mesa. We've tried multiple times and still love the food, but just never have same experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!RobertDined on 8/30/2014The food and service, as expected, was excellent. They added a nice touch with a birthday cake for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine SteaksMorelsDined on 8/29/2014The steaks are always the best, never been disappointed, always cooked to perfection, this is THE SPOT for a great steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not return hereLeebogVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time here at the Costa Mesa branch only because I couldn't get a reservation at the Newport Beach one. My wife and I wanted to take our son to a good dinner for his birthday and so we thought celebrating at a Mastro's restaurant would be a memorable experience for him. Did not like our experience here at all. We were made to wait about 30 minutes over our scheduled reservation time. Other walk-ins (bigger groups) were seated right away. I was told because larger tables were available and there was only 3 of us. I try to use Open Table whenever I can to avoid waiting to get seated at restaurants and this defeated that purpose. Will never return to this restaurant!Special Features:
- Very Good But OverpricedMJSHBDined on 8/28/2014Very good steak but I think they are likely one of the most expensive places for steak...on average upper 50's for only steak...no sides. No flaws in the place except their outrageous prices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Great taste of steak and seafood, and wine. Service is too casual and servants were too much involved in our conversation. Recommend it for food, not for service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedFundadorayDined on 8/27/2014First time here and I must say everything met my expectation. Walked into the restaurant and it looked like a classy night club at Vegas. Service was excellent, waiter was very knowledgeable and made our dining enjoyable. And of course the food was excellent; the portions were generous and the magarita my gf and I had was perhaps one of the best we drank. We are definitely coming back here. Thank you Mastros for wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm reminded, one can never go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We used to eat here all the time and loved it. Now-pretentious, ridiculously loud, remarkably overpriced with service lacking in any and all empathy. The food was actually quite good but the negative experience involving everything else ruined the evening. For this kind of money there are many other options in OC that don't include the hassle.
- When you demand the best experiencetpqmanDined on 8/25/2014Everyone - from reservations, to reception, to service staff were impeccable, amazing and made our experience unparalleled. The food was exquisite. We feasted like royalty and spent as much time as needed just enjoying every moment... Drinks, appetizers, main course and of course the desserts! Top recommendations: Chef's cut bone-in ribeye, Gorgonzola Mac and Cheese, Creamed Spinach, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Creme Brûlée, and of course... BUTTER CAKE!!!! While we don't get the chance to frequent as much as I'd like, we will always come back and recommend Mastro's as our top dining choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceAfernDined on 8/24/2014Felt very disrespected by our server. Probably will not go back. Have been going to Flemings forever and decided to change it up. I will be going back to Flemings for sure.Special Features:
- Just the right spot for our 41stPlayer4747VIPDined on 8/24/2014Wonderful service from Daniella. A great steak and superb lamb chops.Special Features:
- Great Special Occasion CelebrationBton1268Dined on 8/23/2014Steaks (rib eye and NY pepper steak) were fantastic. Rib eye held a lot more flavor. Lobster mash is a MUST for sides. Server was ok, I have had better servers at Mastros in the past. A few others that came around to clear the table and crumbs. Either way food was amazing!Special Features:
- Great Food!jenesaisquoiDined on 8/23/2014The food was wonderful, however, the cost was too high. The dinning room is cramped, too dark and loud. The servers seem harried and not very attentive. Corkage for wine $35 per bottle - too high. We had three entrees three sides, four salads and one dessert plus two bottles of our own wine and the bill was almost $400. I love the steak, salads are ok but not spectacular, sides were good but unless your a 1% or just need to be seen, this is not a place to go. Nice touch with the bottled water when you exit.Special Features:
- Reputation dessimatedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We have been long standing satisfied guests of The Mastros chain but our experience on our recent visit to Costa Mesa was a catostraphic disappointment Food orders were incorrect, waiting staff incompetant and disinterested and the whole " Mastros" experience was a disaster and an embarrassment,we had an overseas guest that had heard such wonderful reviews and looked forward to a memorable evening that sadly did not evolve Beverly Hills and Ocean Club are both wonderful restaurants but Costa Mesa is not in the same legue and needs major help to join their " sister" restaurantsSpecial Features:
- It's Reputation is Well DeservedThk22VIPDined on 8/21/2014Had dinner during Restaurant Week. Steaks were top quality and well prepared. Salads and side orders offered with prepared menu were great choices and excellent. Overall experience was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieQueenDined on 8/21/2014Usually very expensive but Restaurant Week made it a wonderful value. Great food and service. Congratulations to the kitchen for putting out perfectly prepared steaks to a capacity crowd.!Special Features:
- Costa Mesa Reataurant WeekTattykasDined on 8/21/2014I came here for the super sweet deal they had for the Costa Mesa Restaurant Week and I think I got my money worth x 10 times! The food was great, the wine was excellent and dessert? Decadent! They couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- irvineDined on 8/21/2014the food was ok, and the ambience is fine. this is about the 5th time I ate here. but after my wife asked for her leftover steak to go, they mixed up the box, and gave her someone else's butter cake instead. when I called the restaurant, and the manager never called me back. NOT professional.
- Large group...no problem!TheDiSommasDined on 8/21/2014Originally our reservation was for a group of 10, but when we had last minute additions, Masto's accommodated and extra table close by the large table we had. However, within minutes of getting there, the staff made sure that everyone was sitting together, even if it was a little tight in our group! This was great, since it was a team event for a coworker who was leaving our department and we really wanted to celebrate together :-) Mastro's NEVER disappoints us!Special Features:
- Does not live up to the reputation!SaltyDined on 8/20/2014We had an 8pm reservation as the resturant could not accomadate an earlier hour due to the Costa Mesa resturant week. Arrived at 7:55, we were informed that our table would be ready closer to our reservation time (8pm) and that someone would find us in the lounge. 47 minutes later, 8:42pm, we were finally seated with an attittude. At this point we are starving and are just glad to have a table. Not the type of service you expect from Mastro's or any high $, fine dining establishment. The table service was just OK. compared to other Mastro's. Had the 33oz ribeye. Date had petite filet, both VERY salty. CRUNCHY, SALTY, DRY! Both steaks were orderd medium rare came out medium well. The cream spinach was horrid! Mac n Cheese was the highlight!Special Features:
- I was a big fan of Mastro's...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014I normally do not write reviews, but could not stop myself this time around. I was blown away by my first trip to Mastro's (Granted, it was Newport Beach Ocean's Club location then) couple years ago. When OC restaurant week came around this year, I was excited to experience their filet cooked to perfection. But I guess the whole OC restaurant week thing is not what Mastro's had made fond of. First of all, our party of four were seated in a weird hall way near the kitchen where it seems the table originally were not supposed be in. Salad was drenched in vinegrette dressing to point where it was not edible. Filet was ruined it by over seasoning it! It was so salty! Must have drank a gallon of water when I got back. Dissapointing.
- The Very Best!foodieforlifeDined on 8/18/2014I love everything about Mastros: great service, food, drinks n entertainment. My favorites include wagyu, ribeye, filet, gnocchi, n buttercake! This foodie loves Mastros any night of the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grilled Shrimp is to die for!jburkiVIPDined on 8/18/2014We took advantage of the Costa Mesa Restaurant Week and dined on a Monday night after work. Instead of being annoyed at the discounted prices, the staff was very attentive and energetic. Our server recommended the grilled shrimp appetizer and I have to say it was the best appetizers I've ever had. The meal was amazing; same quality of steak we would have received at full-price. To top off our amazing dinner, we were served individual warm butter cakes. It was a great meal and I will be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerMouseDined on 8/17/2014We took advantage of Costa Mesa Restaurant week to dine here for the first time. Judging from the menu prices, this was an excellent deal. We have enough left over for two more dinners! The food was excellent and our server, Jesina (sp?) was very sweet and attentive. Unfortunately, her wait support staff were not so great. It took 10 minutes to just get water and I had to ask twice for our bread. And for some reason they kept trying to take our bread away which I thought was odd. My napkin was rolled up when I briefly left the table and stuck in the butter, which was an accident of course. But it took more than five minutes to have it replaced. For a restaurant of this caliber and prices I would expect much better service. Good, not great.Special Features:
- A great date spot!yuknowhoo52Dined on 8/17/2014Perfectly cooked steak in an upscale environment. I had a great time.Special Features:
- Best steaks and sides!MuigirlVIPDined on 8/17/2014Excellent dinner place for a get together with friends and family...great food and ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Best food of our lives. WHY is that filet so delicious?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place75Tastein75triesDined on 8/16/2014I love coming here. Steaks are awesome and everything else. MUST GO!Special Features:
- Best steakhouse in So CalJimboDined on 8/15/2014Food was amazing. Outstanding service. A bit pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Candlelight challenge.DinninginthedarkDined on 8/13/2014The 4 of us had a lovely table & awesome food but we could not see each other or read the menu. We were literally in the dark back corner. There was 1 candle but no overhead lightning. We all had a challenge trying to order off the menu in the dark. Our server did scramble and returned with 2 more little candle lights which made quite a difference. Maybe this table was meant for the secret service?Special Features:
- Mastro's Costa MesaJennieFromTheBlockDined on 8/13/2014The king crab black truffle gnocchis are to die for, as is the Gorgonzola Mac and cheese. Filet mignon cut like butter. Husband's pork chop was tender and juicy. Hostesses are a bit nose in the air snobby. Waitstaff was not snobby and worked well together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mastroskaegrubDined on 8/10/2014The bone in fliet, rib eye, and lobster Mash was all pretty good. They will serve both of those steaks on a 400 degree plate to ensure it stays warm through the meal. It was my fiance b day. And they don't even offer any desert. We didn't want any but still the offer would of been nice. I mean it's pretty standard. We went to melting pot for just desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotesJimmyDined on 8/9/2014I'm surprised restaurant actually read Opentable notes. Thanks for birthday cake for my wife!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My worst dining experiencefinedinerDined on 8/8/2014Dirty Martini was just dirty, vodka and salt! Salad was soooooooo bad we couldn't eat. Sea bass smelled so bad although I ate a few bites, my stomach suffered all night.
- Nailed it, once again.NightowlDined on 8/8/2014Brought the girlfriend here for her bday dinner. First time at the Costa Mesa location. Great staff, more than excellent service. Very accommodating. The food was spot on. Steak, chops, the Ahi, the soup. It was all delicious. Beautiful location too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary ChoiceLovinqualityDined on 8/8/201410 year anniversary dinner and Mastro's went above and beyond with their service for us. Very knowledgeable with the items on the menu and the wine list which allowed us to make great choices. The food was amazing and priced right. We felt we payed a fair amount for the overall experience. We will definitely recommend Mastro's and will return on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrisDined on 8/7/2014Expensive but worth every penny! The atmosphere was everything you would expect from a $$$$ restaurant - definitely would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth it!!MariloveDined on 8/7/2014THE BEST steakhouse in Orange County. Try the bone in varieties. Superior drinks. Comfortable furniture. Perfect lighting. Live entertainment bar area. Easy walk to the performing arts Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never get tired of this place...TheDiSommasDined on 8/5/2014We absolutely love it here! It's our go-to-place for any celebrations or romantic dinner :-)Special Features: