Mastro's Steakhouse - Beverly Hills
246 N. Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (310) 888-8782
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Walter Mayen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Kristina Amad for your next event.
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Beverly Hills
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Mastro's Steakhouse - Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
308 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (213)romantic (138)fit for foodies (136)hot spot (126)notable wine list (106)good for groups (105)vibrant bar scene (95)late-night find (43)neighborhood gem (37)great for outdoor dining (19)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (7)Show More
- Birthday DinnerpawsDined on 11/24/2014My Husband and I dined here for my birthday. Our hostess Elizabeth sat us at the perfect table for two. My waiter was pleasant and took care of every need. The food was outstanding my filet perfectly cooked and not rushed and they comped my birthday dessert.The music has changed to faster more top twenty hits which for dinner was not as relaxing but I always enjoy the duo they make a great team. We returned after having a bad experience on a previous special day in our lives.They definitely turned it around. So happy our dinner was fabulous! Thank You Mastro's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beverly BlastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014Sunday night, quiet, right? Not at Mastro's in Beverly Hills. This fine steak house is rocking. Live band and a dancing elegant bar scene. The food is terrific, the wine list expansive and loaded. But, conversation has to wait for the music to stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRICEY BUT WORTH ITOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2014Enjoyed by first experience at Mastro's Beverly Hills (having eaten at their restaurant in Thousand Oaks) and was very pleased. While it is still somewhat overpriced, the food quality was very good (although I believe that Ruths Chris' steaks are better) and the service impeccable. The ambience was elegant yet comfortable -- with, perhaps, the only complaint being how close together the tables were making it a bit "crowded" feeling. All in all, I would definitely return for a special occasion -- but probably not for an "ordinary" meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServiceStaywinningDined on 11/22/2014We had a birthday dinner party here, and it was AMAZING. I would definitely recommend it to anybody. Our waitress was GREAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing & ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/22/2014We are regulars, they never disappoint. Had amazing surf and turf, A5 Wagyu and King Crab Legs. Food was overall wonderful and service superb. Can't wait to go back again real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as goodAldoMonDined on 11/19/2014Every time our partners and I come to LA fron Mexico we visit Mastros. For the first time in my life I have never been so dissapointed by the restaurant. The food was not even average. I though it was me. But when I asked my business parted they al afree. Mashed potatoes were flavorless. Shrimps were very stinky. Steaks were Literally awful. My grilled stakes would taste better that night.Special Features:
- Amazing Food.....only one issue.Patrick1Dined on 11/18/2014Probably the best food I've had in a while. My only issue with the service. The hostess was completely serious. Did not make us feel welcome one bit. Even after I mentioned we were celebrating my birthday. I was initially jammed in middle of no where behind another couple. My chair against a pillar and right underneath the air conditioner. I asked to be moved as many seats were available and I was just told "I'll see what I can do". That should be an immediate yes. I was then moved to another location which was okay until I was seated next to a family with a toddler who kept grabbing me as I tried to eat my food. Not sure anyone wants to front a $100+ bill only to be grabbed the entire night. I also didn't appreciate the fact that after our food was removed from the table there was 20 minutes of no contact. Our waiter did circles around us. We sat there with nothing on our table. I didn't understand if I was waiting for the check or what. Eventually someone came with a cake which I appreciated but let us know what we are waiting for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrevDined on 11/16/2014First time coming here. Took my wife for her 30th birthday, great place, service, food. Everything was exceptional and she was extremely happy. Best steak I ever ate in my life.Special Features:
- Wait time was 95 min, confirmed reservation.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We had a reservation at 9:00 and was told there will be a 15 min wait. They put another party ahead of us. We sat at 10:35?at the table. Service was mediocre. Steak was somewhat salty. Definitely decreases quality and service compared with lastvtimevi was there about 1-2 years ago.Special Features:
- Excellent Service!kdf19Dined on 11/15/2014The service was absolutely top-notch, steaks were what we expected for the price. Very good, any less than that and I'd be complaining. Cooked to perfection and delicious. Salads were also fresh. Best reason to go is the warm butter cake of course...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itSteakLoverVIPDined on 11/15/2014Service was slow, my steak came and it was cold to the touch, not lukewarm but cold, this was after 1 hour of waiting. The shrimp cocktail which we split as 3 shrimp, fairly large but not supercolassal and was $23. We ordered chocolate layer cake to go and it was dry with very little frosting we tried to eat it when we got home and threw it away.The waiter got lost all the time and we had to flag him down for everything. There was no explanation of the slow service and no offer of anything like dessert on the house. Would not consider going back, especially since there are many other top level steak house within a few blocks. Terrible buy for the money. I don' t mind spending $200-300 for dinner occasionally but when I do I expect top notch food and service.Special Features:
- EddieEddieDined on 11/13/2014Party of four for dinner to celebrate a recent marriage -- all of us had the bone-in fillet, ranging from medium-well to medium rare, and we all loved them; sides were mashed potatoes and creamed spinach -- only one order of each which was enought to share with all, two men and two women. For dessert we shared the cherry crisp and an order of chocolate "sin cake" -- great, nothing remained! After, it was remarked that we had visited other high-end steak houses in LA in the past, but Mastros lived up to its reputation and was clearly the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience start to finishstarx2Dined on 11/11/2014Our server James was fantastic and the music by David on the piano made the evening perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best creamed spinach everDengieDined on 11/11/2014Went to Mastros through a recommendation on one of our two nights in LA. Great place, wonderful food - just a bit too noisy and cramped for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeHelloDined on 11/10/2014Had a great dinner with girlfriend. Cons: they brought a singer that was singing very loud. Couldn't hear the person Infront if me had to almost yell across the table for the person Infront of you to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CARNIVORE PARADISECALLAWYERDined on 11/10/2014Great steaks, great sides (the lobster mashed potatoes and creamed spinach are always a favorite) and amazing martinis.Special Features:
- It doesn't get any betterNickieVIPDined on 11/10/2014The heading says it all. It doesn't get any better than Mastro's. The food is top of the line, always cooked perfectly. The service is incredible, always on point, giving full attention, and keeping the customers happy. The ambiance and set up is gorgeous, with live music in the main dining room. You just can't go wrong here. I love it here and always have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid as usualMontyDined on 11/8/2014Mastro's is always very busy. We had to wait 30 minutes to be seated despite 8:45pm rez. We were cool with it but others may not be. In terms of the food, was very good all around. It's an excellent steak but feel it is a step behind new york's best. Service was very good. Wine list markups are beverly hills-ish. You likely come here partly for the scene, and for that it doesn't disappoint. Worth a visit, especially if visiting from out of town.Special Features:
- Great overall experience!!LiveLoveDineDined on 11/8/2014The service here is excellent. We were early for our reservation but we were seated right away. Our waitress was kind and courteous. The food was delicious and the ambiance was lovely. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceFrequentdinerDined on 11/8/2014Went there for our anniversary. Food was great, and waiters were very polite and helpful. The Crab cake was out of this world, so delicious. my complements to the chef! They had great music band playing new and old hits.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/8/2014Terrific food made for a great evening out. Steak and raw seafood were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LiliaEatsDined on 11/8/2014Food excellent, especially the bone marrow. Service nice. Music enjoyable. Unfortunately the room was very dark, thank goodness for iPhone, we would never have been able to read the menus.Special Features:
- The only flaw…The1FlawDined on 11/8/2014It was my birthday. My cake slice tasted as though someone had spilled water over it. It was wet and tasteless. Disappointing for a birthday. Also, the service was very slow. Outside of that everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redemption!PromogalDined on 11/7/2014Mastro's is back to being one of our favorites for special occasions. My husband & I have been going to Mastro's for YEARS to celebrate his Birthday usually eating in the private dining room (strongly recommended if you have a larger party & it's available). Yes, it is pricy but the food is worth it. The last time we ate here they had an "off" night which anyone can have, but tonight they redeemed themselves. Start with the shrimp cocktail & "atomic" horseradish - amazing. Then, order the filet - you can't go wrong with a classic. It's buttery, velvety - everything you want a steak to be. Lobster mashed potatoes - need I say more? Butter cake - trust me on this signature item, it is worth the calories. The staff was amazing & food delish!Special Features:
- So soZeniDined on 11/7/2014I normally like Mastros but disappointed this time round in generally everything. The staff was attentive but it seemed there was something missing.
- Delicious food in understaffed restFoolpoliceDined on 11/5/2014Prime location, beautiful decour, perhaps one of the most delicious meals you will encounter in Beverly Hills, however the service is not up to part. The team is friendly but very busy making you feel forgotten at times and rushed at others. They are running around from table to table, we were seated and never greeted or welcomed, the waitress was a big bothered by the fact that we didn't ordered alcoholic beverages we had to explain that we had to drive back to Malibu and we don't drink and drive. At the end of the meal she brought us an anniversary cake and she asked what were we celebrating because "a lot of people just say that to get a free cake", it was interesting to say the least. Thankfully for her and Mastros the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fabulous dinner at MastrosKBK1Dined on 11/3/2014As usual, we had an excellent meal and experience. The servers are so knowledgeable and always right with the selections. I always know that I'll leave happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE....This place!!!SexyFoodieDined on 11/1/2014I took my significant other for his 50th BDay & we LOVED this place!! The service and ambiance was "top-notch!" It was romantic, great energy and vibe was perfect...and the STEAK!!! OMG, Delicious!! Drinks...desserts...Perfect!! We will definitely come back!!Special Features:
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Had dinner for my boyfriends birthday. The food and drinks were great, the only thing I didn't big like was the service. I felt like my waiter was really rude and not very nice. For a nice place like this I was expecting great positive energy. The bus boys were more friendly and nice then my waiter. However over all it's a nice place for a romantic date, dinner or special occasion and if you love to eat this is the place to try everythin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not near as good as last timedrm56Dined on 11/1/2014Sat outside in corner at only table for four and it slants down hill? Biggest issue is two of us had none in filet and both were full of fat? How could that be? Both of them! Overall very average and last time( year ago) it was superbSpecial Features:
- Very good restaurant & large menuMaureenDined on 11/1/2014Long standing restaurant with large menu to take group to for special occasion. Service and enthusiasm of staff just great. The large varied menu allows for different likes & choices of group. The room seemed chilly so bring wraps. Loud music piped in to downstairs was unpleasant. Staff did respond to request to lower volume level. Our choice to sit downstairs was based on not wanting to hear music & be able to converse with group. This is an expensive restaurant which makes it a choice for special occasion for our family.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceAmberzdelightsDined on 11/1/2014Mastro's is tough to beat. Even though it got a little loud. It still was wonderful. The piped in music before the live music didn't fit the room at all. The live music was better, but jazz standards would have been a better fit. Great food! Great service.Special Features:
- the bestJenaVIPDined on 10/31/2014Beat steak ever. Everything was so good. I wish I lived near a Mastros.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatAlex1000000Dined on 10/31/2014Good food and great service .highly recommend going there.amazing food great scenery beautiful music live musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ambiance; great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014My wife and I went on a Thursday night and the restaurant was very busy. With that said, I have been to Mortons and Ruth Chris's and had wonderful experiences during very busy times. The food is excellent. However, there is no ambiance. It was loud and worse than loud it has too many tables packed into a small space. Waiters ran into me twice serving the table next to us on one side and another ran into my wife once serving a table on the other side. It was loud and we couldn't chat and the two couples next to us (table 6 inches to my right) were yelling so they could hear each other. I would highly recommend they reduce the number of tables in this restaurant and add some ambiance.Special Features:
- Magnificent placeIanmacDined on 10/30/2014This restaurant exceeds expectations. Vibrant,the food is excellent and presented with a theatrical flair. Staff are excellent and nothing is a bother. Best restaurant in Beverly Hills. Lobster mash to die for...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best places to get steakNomNom14Dined on 10/29/2014Excellent service from entry to exit. Food was excellent! Servers recommendations were spot on. Wagyu is a must. Lobster mash potatoes is definitely a must. Did not like the Mac n cheese, cheese overload. Alittle dark, but similar to all steak spots. World Series was concluding added with the live band/piano bad so alittle loud at times. Overall, one of my best steak experiences. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring an Appetite....RichardVIPDined on 10/28/2014You should be hungry when you arrive because the food is excellent and plentiful. The service is also excellent. The one BIG drawback.... way too noisy to have any conversation. The second floor is my favorite spot. I like the music, but I can no longer accept the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014The service was Superb, they always make you feel like Royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but Worth!morewinepleaseDined on 10/27/2014It depends on what u like but do not try Kobe beef, you only eat fat! I really didnt like it but my friends meal were great. For a high quality ambiance, good foods and celebrating special days, you can choose it. Be ready to spend some money before coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.