Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse
6991 E. Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4809414700x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: George Harrison
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Suzi Ayers for your next event.
A word from Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (120)vibrant bar scene (74)notable wine list (69)romantic (67)hot spot (54)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (44)neighborhood gem (25)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (4)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Unbelievable mealducknweinerDined on 9/13/2014The service was amazing the food was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding...but noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is first class. Every member of the service team has attention to detail and knows their jobs well. Our server was Sarah and she did a wonderful job in recommending appetizers, pacing the food & wine together, etc... The food was outstanding, every single item. Having said all that, the restaurant is very noisy. I'm not sure if it's the accoustics or the way they have all those tables crammed in there, but we could barely hear ourselves talk.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Waitress had an attitude, and was unlikable. Way over priced, music way too loud, and decor was ugly. To top it all off, was credit card I used to pay for the meal was hacked by someone there. Won't be back to say the least
- excellent againDickVIPDined on 9/6/2014WE TOOK OUR SON AND DAUGHTER-IN-LAW FOR HIS BIRTHDAY AND AGAIN THE FOOD AND SERVICE WERE EXCELLENT.Special Features:
- Good Food, but....ReviewmanVIPDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant is certainly a scene. The food and service was very good..but here's why I'm giving this a one star - we ordered two side dishes -- mad and cheese and broccoli. I don't even like mac and cheese and ordered it for my wife. We got charged for TWO platter of mac and cheese. And it came in a pan that was exactly the same size as the pan the broccoli came in! I really feel ripped off. We got charged double for a single serving of something I did't even eat! In my book, that's low rent. Also beware -- the wine list, while extensive, is also very expensive -- huge mark ups on some wines that frankly aren't really worth it.
- Great Service !GreatgrubDined on 8/28/2014While I would not consider this a restaurant for dining with kids, the server was ultra patient in a accommodating requests and I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner & ServiceGolfgirlVIPDined on 8/28/2014We had a great dinner with wonderful service, food was delicious and our server was excellent. I will definitely return to Mastro's City Hall in a heartbeat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, Pretty GoodbigchuckdieselDined on 8/27/2014The sides are always amazing here. Sometimes gets a bit too loud if you want to have a conversation. Unfortunately, the last two times I visited, the meat was overcooked. The first time, my wife ordered the lamb chops medium-rare, which could arguably be one of the best dishes when cooked right. However, it was VERY over done. The second time, the most recent visit, I ordered the bone-in rib eye medium-rare, but when it came out, the outside was medium-well and the middle was medium. I would expect it to be perfect if paying that much. I will say, at least for my most recent experience, the situation was remedied immediately. They brought a new steak within minutes that was cooked to order and quite delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryPrimeTimeDined on 8/27/2014We were looking for a different top notch restaurant/steakhouse in the Phoenix area to celebrate our anniversary as we thought we had tried them all. We ran across the ads for Mastro's. We read the reviews and selected this one. I reserved through Open Table and indicated it was an Anniversary dinner. We were acknowledged by name and occasion when we checked in, and by the hostess and the wait staff. The service and food was spectacular. This has now become our favorite restaurant. We have been to all the other well known top restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Wonderful service!!! Excellent Food!!! Worth the price!Special Features:
- Total serviceDesertFlowerDined on 8/23/2014Went for my son's 27th birthday. The food was fabulous--best lobster bisque I've had ever. Great steaks and sides, and the butter cake, which they brought to us for my son's birthday, was a very nice touch, and also fabulous. The perfect cake, which is huge for me because I'm a die hard chocolate person. Oh, and the bone marrow appetizer was unusual and superb. Everything was special. The service was impeccable. Plates picked up timely, beverages refilled, menu questions answered, smart recommendations made--excellent timing on every course. Exceptional wait staff. Great experience.Special Features:
- Going downhill...KnowsfoodVIPDined on 8/19/2014For years this has been my "go-to" spot for business dinners. I have never had a bad service experience and never had a bad meal until this last one. My client ordered rare and his filet was well done. I ordered the 30oz Wagu Beef Bone-in Ribeye which cost $110. I could only make it past 3 bites. It had horrible flavor. The regular ribeye would have been more tender. When you spend $450+ between 2 people you simply expect better quality if steaks. Even higher quality when the steak is Wagu...
- Special occasionFam3foodiesDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our son's 18th Birthday and moving in to college campus with a fabulous dinner. The sea bass and the filets were memorable and, when we thought the staff had forgotten us as we were ready to ask for the dessert menu, they came back and surprised us with their signature dessert in honor of our son. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service with the best steakAnniversaryDined on 8/16/2014This was our first trip to Mastros and it was the one experience we will never forget. Bobby was a great waiter and offered us a great feel for what we will enjoy. This was our 18th anniversary and it made it a night to remember. Thank you all for giving us a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm So Fancy. . .KentuckyBourbonDined on 8/13/2014I made reservations using Open Table and noted the special occasion. We were promptly seated upon our arrival and the ambiance was pleasant. There was a small band alongside a piano player playing top chart music and provided a great relaxed atmosphere. Our food was great and came out piping hot! We each had the fillet- cooked EXACTLY as we ordered...which is always a plus by me. Also, we split the macaroni and green beans. For dessert, we were treated with a birthday butter cake with a rich and decant ice cream...that alone would have been a great treat on its own.Special Features:
- SandstormDined on 8/11/2014Best steak in town!!! Waiters were interesting and knowledgeable. Great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambianceLuv2dineDined on 8/10/2014This restaurant is very beautiful. Prepare to open your wallet for sure. The portion sizes are quite large. We are from Saskatchewan, Canada and our steak houses are much better than this one.Special Features:
- From wine to foodiesmassieVIPDined on 8/9/2014We started with cocktails, added wine, seafood tower and excellent entres! We lingered and enjoyed our meals! We suggest the tower as it is customized completely' we also asked for wine recommendations and glad we did. Fantastic ambiance too. We moved into the bar for drinks to end the evening! Excellent all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waiter seemed rushed.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I enjoyed the food, but the service was lackluster. Upon arrival, we were sat fairly quickly, but when we received our menu's the guest of honor's name was spelled incorrectly (The young lady who took our reservation even spelled it his name back to me when I made the reservation. R-O-N.) When I pointed this out to the waiter, his comment was "Well, I didn't do it." He was kind enough to re-print another menu with the correct name. We orderered our dinner and I asked for a ribeye prepared medium and my date asked for his steak be prepared medium-well. I received the medium-well steak and my date received medium. The restaruant was so dark I checked, but the middle appeared pink. As I continued to eat, I realized the mistake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlawlessBigKahunaDined on 8/8/2014Mastro's calls the day of the event to confirm the reservation. We entered the restaurant to a warm welcome and escorted to our table. The music was 80's and 90's pumping out of the speakers and it added to the scene. Allan the waiter made the night. He made us feel like we were his only table. I watched as he did this for all of his guests. The food is amazing. The steaks are perfect, the drinks were correct, the sides to the steaks heavenly. And we topped off the night with their butter cake. It was how an elite restaurant should be.Special Features:
- Good food and wineSTLfoodieDined on 8/4/2014The food was excellent. The wine list more than adequate. The service good. The background noise did make it a little hard to carry cross table conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again a great job.Dr111VIPDined on 7/31/2014Your server was great. Food was fantastic thank you. We will be back and definitely recommend you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & foodJessDined on 7/27/2014The staff was very friendly & professional. The best filet in town. Perfect place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014Perfect place for celebrating our guest (from out of town) birthday.Special Features:
- Steak lovers paradiseNdngolferVIPDined on 7/25/2014The seared char-crusted steaks are amazing. The simple yet delisous side dishes of scalloped potatoes and sugar snap peas were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place to eat!momof3tsDined on 7/25/2014Wonderful place. Food is wonderful, service is great and we like the atmosphere. This restaurant is a little pricey for us on a regular basis but for special occasions we don't hesitate!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingqejmdaDined on 7/25/2014Romantic setting and vibrant environment made for the best dining experience we've ever had in our lives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak perfection!jtluvsgr8foodDined on 7/22/2014I had the bone-in filet. My wife the bone-in ribeye. Both steaks cooked as ordered to perfection. The bone-in ribeye is absolutely the best, flavorful and tender. Unfortunately, the lobster mashed potatoes were exceedingly salty, although flavorful. They would have been delicious and enjoyable if not for the excessive salt. Our waitress was very attentive, helpful and friendly. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:
- Awesome steakTipsfromTashaDined on 7/19/2014When you simply want the best, I would suggest you dine at this restaurant. The steak was superb. The scalloped potatoes and creamed spinach were perfect sides. Sharing all of the food was romantic and special. Just a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Donna DoddSmilingDJDined on 7/18/2014OMG. Food was fantastic and the sides were more than enough for 4 to share. My petite filet was prepared perfectly. Service was more than expected with glasses always being filled and napkins refolded when one of us went to the washroom. Green beans were undercooked but the rest of the food made up for it. We all wish we could eat there every week. Superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the Best!Diner1VIPDined on 7/16/2014Quite simply the Best! Great Cocktails , Food and Service. There bar makes the Best Cosmo I ever had! Food is consistently very good.Special Features:
- La Casa Vieja Crowd1MesaboyDined on 7/16/2014Food was quite good but not "over the top". Service was excellent with good suggestions by staff and comfortable "not to stiff" personal approach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014We were celebrating two Birthdays and this could not have been a better choice! Amazing food, amazing service!!Special Features:
- Great Steaksjxcook2Dined on 7/12/2014Everything you would expect from a high end restaurant. Wide variety of entrees in our group of 7: filters, strips, sea bass, shrimp. Everyone went home fat and happy.Special Features:
- Not for those in a rushOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Reservation times very accommodating on short notice. Service was ok - somewhat slow on drinks from the bar. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Steak/Great ServiceGreggerDined on 7/12/2014What can I say but if your looking for a great steak with unique sides, Mastro's is surely on the list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SWreviewsDined on 7/11/20141st class service from entering to leaving. Positioned large groups through out dining area making it VERY noisy and hard to converse with my guests. Food excellent, note that the steaks are heavily spiced and server did not warn of such before ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- truly delicious yyuummmmMrSinghVIPDined on 7/10/2014always love going here..... best service you can ever get!!! and of course food is also outstanding!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/9/2014I did write a review also on trip advisor, please see trip advisor for complete review. Food was excellent and service was spectacular, I am not a fan of the attendant in the bathroom, but other than that no complaints what so ever.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceMmmmmDined on 7/6/2014The environment was great. The food presentation was great. The staff was attentive and great. The food was Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.