Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse
6991 E. Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4809414700x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: George Harrison
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Suzi Ayers for your next event.
A word from Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (129)notable wine list (77)vibrant bar scene (73)romantic (70)fit for foodies (61)hot spot (59)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (23)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014The entire meal was excellent, our waiter Mike was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what makes food worth the moneyJoe71Dined on 10/18/2014This is a busy restaurant. Don't know why. Steaks were good, not great. Definitely not worth the money. A Bambay Sapphire martini was $19. Bar bill one martini, two beers, two Alaskan King Crab legs cut in half for easy eating, $32.00, a total of $87.43. I sent one half piece back to the kitchen because it was almost empty. They did send me another half and returned the one I sent back, which was impressive. I just was not happy with the food. The onion rings were heavily breaded with no flavor. ($11.00) The side of Gnocchi was too heavy on the truffle flavor, $32.00. Keeping this short, two steaks, one rack of lamb, two sides, two beers, $280.67 with tax. Service was amazing! There are much better places to eat for less.Special Features:
- JeanDined on 10/18/2014I have been to all of the high end steak restaurants in the Phoenix area. By far, Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse is the best. I've never had a complaint. The steak is always perfect.Special Features:
- SlippingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014Seems like Maestro's may be slipping. Drinks were mis-made and inconsistent, three of our five steaks were not cooked to correct temp, wait staff was disorganized and too chummy, the food expediters plopped plates down as though they were serving pancakes at the local waffle house, bussers intruded on the table as though we weren't there having a conversation, etc. Our dinner party was just not the type of experience expected. What's going on at City Hall?Special Features:
- Delicious Food!kymbersDined on 10/15/2014We went to Mastro's City Hall because I've enjoyed Mastro's Ocean Club so much and wanted to try their steakhouse. We weren't disappointed. We were celebrating a grad school graduation/new job and seeing old friends. Lynn was spectacular! She knew how to keep things moving, we talked A LOT without being intrusive or hurrying. I had the bone-in filet and it was perfectly prepared and melted in my mouth. The sides were delicious and the heirloom tomato and burrata salad was to die for! I would highly recommend either of these Mastro properties. If you're going to the Ocean Club you have to ask for Duke!Special Features:
- MissDDined on 10/14/2014LOVED our night out at Mastro's City Hall - celebrating a birthday with good friends. Food was delicious - service was fantastic and the piano lounge was amazing! Thanks for a great memorable night!Special Features:
- Always impressive!Traveler88Dined on 10/14/2014I live in North Carolina but get out to Phoenix on business twice a year. This is a must every trip! Always just an amazing experience. I've done a lot of traveling and eaten a lot of high class steakhouses, but this one is without a doubt the absolute best steakhouse EVERYTIME I eat there. The bone in filet is simply amazing. I recommend the lettuce wedge(share it) and the lobster mashed potatoes. It's incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grown up time - Not hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food was great. The atmosphere was a little strange. This was our first visit and we were told it was a nice place to have a date night. We left our children at home to enjoy a nice quiet evening. However, there were two tables with children that were not so quiet. For an expensive date night dinner it would have been nice if the setting was a little more grown up.Special Features:
- Great Steak ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Had two meals with customers at this location last week and really enjoyed both meals. Service was attentive and the food very good.Special Features:
- Excellent Evening:-)JasonDined on 10/2/2014My wife and I dined recently to celebrate her birthday and our experience was excellent. Of course the food was superb and the martinis exceptional but it was the service that exceeded our expectations. From our server (Jeff) to our busser (Alejandro) all of our needs were met and their timely and professional service capped off an amazing evening.Special Features:
- Very goodCAJ1Dined on 10/1/2014Loved the pretzel rolls. Service was okay but I expected better. Great meal but for the price I expected it to be more memorable.Special Features:
- Daughters 15th BirthdayGulfstream650Dined on 9/28/2014Always a go to place for a celebration. Great food - great service.Special Features:
- Ended BADMicheleDined on 9/28/2014Lovely dinner, very good food and atmosphere but entire dinner ruined because the reason why we went there was because I had been given a gift card. Much to our dismay, we found out it wasn't allowed to be used because they are unsure of their actual ownership by Landry's, Inc??? VERY unprofessional with no apologies from management.Special Features:
- Excellent!FoodisgoodDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I were visiting my niece and her husband in Glendale. They suggested we go to Mastro's for dinner. My wife and I are foodies so when I looked over menu it was a definite "Yes!". The entire evening was great...atmosphere, service and food was fantastic. When we come back for our next visit...Mastro's will be on the TTD list.Special Features:
- AppetizersreylarezDined on 9/27/2014Mastro city hall should concentrate for new appetizers. ,, because it is the weak part on the menu. I order fries calamari and it is very bad like gummy not octopus and a lot of oils.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was greatRLDJrDined on 9/26/2014great meal, great cocktails. Excellent service. Place was hoping. Seafood tower very fresh, bone in filet cooked perfectly. Would highly recommend. Bar scene was hopping, had live music but it didn't overwhelm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johnny3VIPDined on 9/25/2014Great steaks, service and wine list but a little loud. Great place for entertaining clients but not for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First disappointmentDahliaVIPDined on 9/25/2014I visit Mastros in any city I visit. Always a consistent meal. The ahi tuna was excellent, steaks delicious and consistent, Brussels sprouts and cream corn delicious. Our server however was the slowest. It took forever for her to take our order, a long time for the food to come out (we didn't want this to evolve into a sleepover so we skipped dessert) and even longer time for the check. I had to ask 4 people for the check including the manager. Finally a different server brought it to me. I used exact change and left the minimum tip however our busboy/water pourer guy was awesome I gave him the difference in what I would've left as a tip. We had more recommendations from him than our server! Overall food was consistent but service lacked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastro's City Hall - Its the best!FatNHappyDined on 9/18/2014If you are looking for a killer place to close a client on a deal, that special place to take your partner, or just want the best steak in Arizona, this is the place. Amazing to me how good it was - I have heard for years the quality of Mastro's, but never had dined here prior to this evening. My party of four was there to celebrate a new business partnership and to enjoy steaks and great wines. Fantastic food, the service was over the top, and the wine list blew me away. Great by the glass and full bottle selections. I enjoyed a Kansas City bone in medium rare with lobster mashed potatoes, mac & cheese (off the charts), steamed broccoli and several bottles of 2012 Pali Huntington Pinot Noir. Finished it off with ButterCake - awesome!Special Features:
- Fabulous Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/18/2014Alicia was an amazing waitress and there was a great band singing for a couple hours in the lounge! Bone-in ribeye and the butter cake were amazing with the Cain '09 Can and the 40 year Tawny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HuhWhatDidYouSayDined on 9/17/2014The food was first rate as well was the service... But do not go there if you would like to talk to the others at the table, so noisy! This is not a place to take a date, unless you are mad at each other :-)Special Features:
- Excellent as always... ExceptCityHallistheplaceDined on 9/16/2014GReat food great atmosphere great wait wersice except for one small detail. We love their mombo and chopped salad before our entree and this time they forgot to bring them out. Otherwise... EXCELLENT PLACE THAT NEVER EVER DISAPPOINTS!!!Special Features:
- Unbelievable mealducknweinerDined on 9/13/2014The service was amazing the food was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding...but noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is first class. Every member of the service team has attention to detail and knows their jobs well. Our server was Sarah and she did a wonderful job in recommending appetizers, pacing the food & wine together, etc... The food was outstanding, every single item. Having said all that, the restaurant is very noisy. I'm not sure if it's the accoustics or the way they have all those tables crammed in there, but we could barely hear ourselves talk.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Waitress had an attitude, and was unlikable. Way over priced, music way too loud, and decor was ugly. To top it all off, was credit card I used to pay for the meal was hacked by someone there. Won't be back to say the least
- excellent againDickVIPDined on 9/6/2014WE TOOK OUR SON AND DAUGHTER-IN-LAW FOR HIS BIRTHDAY AND AGAIN THE FOOD AND SERVICE WERE EXCELLENT.Special Features:
- Good Food, but....ReviewmanVIPDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant is certainly a scene. The food and service was very good..but here's why I'm giving this a one star - we ordered two side dishes -- mad and cheese and broccoli. I don't even like mac and cheese and ordered it for my wife. We got charged for TWO platter of mac and cheese. And it came in a pan that was exactly the same size as the pan the broccoli came in! I really feel ripped off. We got charged double for a single serving of something I did't even eat! In my book, that's low rent. Also beware -- the wine list, while extensive, is also very expensive -- huge mark ups on some wines that frankly aren't really worth it.
- Great Service !GreatgrubDined on 8/28/2014While I would not consider this a restaurant for dining with kids, the server was ultra patient in a accommodating requests and I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner & ServiceGolfgirlVIPDined on 8/28/2014We had a great dinner with wonderful service, food was delicious and our server was excellent. I will definitely return to Mastro's City Hall in a heartbeat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, Pretty GoodbigchuckdieselDined on 8/27/2014The sides are always amazing here. Sometimes gets a bit too loud if you want to have a conversation. Unfortunately, the last two times I visited, the meat was overcooked. The first time, my wife ordered the lamb chops medium-rare, which could arguably be one of the best dishes when cooked right. However, it was VERY over done. The second time, the most recent visit, I ordered the bone-in rib eye medium-rare, but when it came out, the outside was medium-well and the middle was medium. I would expect it to be perfect if paying that much. I will say, at least for my most recent experience, the situation was remedied immediately. They brought a new steak within minutes that was cooked to order and quite delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryPrimeTimeDined on 8/27/2014We were looking for a different top notch restaurant/steakhouse in the Phoenix area to celebrate our anniversary as we thought we had tried them all. We ran across the ads for Mastro's. We read the reviews and selected this one. I reserved through Open Table and indicated it was an Anniversary dinner. We were acknowledged by name and occasion when we checked in, and by the hostess and the wait staff. The service and food was spectacular. This has now become our favorite restaurant. We have been to all the other well known top restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Wonderful service!!! Excellent Food!!! Worth the price!Special Features:
- Total serviceDesertFlowerDined on 8/23/2014Went for my son's 27th birthday. The food was fabulous--best lobster bisque I've had ever. Great steaks and sides, and the butter cake, which they brought to us for my son's birthday, was a very nice touch, and also fabulous. The perfect cake, which is huge for me because I'm a die hard chocolate person. Oh, and the bone marrow appetizer was unusual and superb. Everything was special. The service was impeccable. Plates picked up timely, beverages refilled, menu questions answered, smart recommendations made--excellent timing on every course. Exceptional wait staff. Great experience.Special Features:
- Going downhill...KnowsfoodVIPDined on 8/19/2014For years this has been my "go-to" spot for business dinners. I have never had a bad service experience and never had a bad meal until this last one. My client ordered rare and his filet was well done. I ordered the 30oz Wagu Beef Bone-in Ribeye which cost $110. I could only make it past 3 bites. It had horrible flavor. The regular ribeye would have been more tender. When you spend $450+ between 2 people you simply expect better quality if steaks. Even higher quality when the steak is Wagu...
- Special occasionFam3foodiesDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our son's 18th Birthday and moving in to college campus with a fabulous dinner. The sea bass and the filets were memorable and, when we thought the staff had forgotten us as we were ready to ask for the dessert menu, they came back and surprised us with their signature dessert in honor of our son. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service with the best steakAnniversaryDined on 8/16/2014This was our first trip to Mastros and it was the one experience we will never forget. Bobby was a great waiter and offered us a great feel for what we will enjoy. This was our 18th anniversary and it made it a night to remember. Thank you all for giving us a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm So Fancy. . .KentuckyBourbonDined on 8/13/2014I made reservations using Open Table and noted the special occasion. We were promptly seated upon our arrival and the ambiance was pleasant. There was a small band alongside a piano player playing top chart music and provided a great relaxed atmosphere. Our food was great and came out piping hot! We each had the fillet- cooked EXACTLY as we ordered...which is always a plus by me. Also, we split the macaroni and green beans. For dessert, we were treated with a birthday butter cake with a rich and decant ice cream...that alone would have been a great treat on its own.Special Features:
- SandstormDined on 8/11/2014Best steak in town!!! Waiters were interesting and knowledgeable. Great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambianceLuv2dineDined on 8/10/2014This restaurant is very beautiful. Prepare to open your wallet for sure. The portion sizes are quite large. We are from Saskatchewan, Canada and our steak houses are much better than this one.Special Features:
- From wine to foodiesmassieVIPDined on 8/9/2014We started with cocktails, added wine, seafood tower and excellent entres! We lingered and enjoyed our meals! We suggest the tower as it is customized completely' we also asked for wine recommendations and glad we did. Fantastic ambiance too. We moved into the bar for drinks to end the evening! Excellent all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.