Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse
6991 E. Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (480) 941-4700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: George Harrison
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Suzi Ayers for your next event.
A word from Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (131)notable wine list (84)romantic (77)fit for foodies (73)vibrant bar scene (72)hot spot (61)good for groups (59)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (12)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Just AmazingJeremyDined on 11/22/2014I couldn't of been happier. We went here for our 15 Year Anniversary. Great service, food was amazing. There is nothing i can complain about. Its not the cheapest in town.. but that isn't why you go to City Hall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Excessively Slow Service and NoisyHelpfulDined on 11/21/2014The food and drink were amazing; very good! Service should have been a little faster; it was noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible! Go there. Now. Do it.BizTravDined on 11/20/2014App highlights: Oysters (west). Entrée: Bone-in filet. Don't look at anything else. Perfectly cooked and full of flavor. Dessert: Butter cake with whip. Worth every calorie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent QualityRudyVIPDined on 11/20/2014The experience equaled previous experiences at other Mastro's. The ambiance at this particular property is not as warm or intimate as others (Costa Mesa being superior). The food however is as good as in other locations. Def prefer to come to Mastro's over similar venues like Flemings or Mortons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatGinnyDined on 11/19/2014We so enjoy our time at this restaurant. Alan, our waiter, always great. Food, yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Scottsdale Restaurant!TheNashville8Dined on 11/19/2014We've been coming to City Hall for 7-8 years when in Scottsdale for an annual golf trip. Always a definite destination for our group of 8. So far, they've never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big House TreatTempe3Dined on 11/19/2014Where to start? Entering, you notice the lively bar scene, later, you hear wonderful musicians entertaining the crowd. It looks fun, a bar area to which you'd return! When we have dinner at City Hall, we always ask to be seated closer to the bar area, there is a glass wall so the sounds of the bar don't really come into the dining room however, you can see all the action and the live music is audible but not over powering. Our food was superb! One of us had warm spinach salad, another had the chopped salad. Both were very generous in size, as are all the salads and side dishes. The halibut was tender, the bone in ribeye was heavenly and the filet oh, so tender! The favorite side dish was the lobster mashed potatoes! Wine was perfect - a Pinot, Argyle, from Oregon. The absolute best part of the dinner though, was the Warm Butter Cake. It outsells all the other desserts, our server (who by the way, really enhanced our visit!) told us. This is something you MUST order. We split it 4 ways and as rich and heavenly as it was, we all wanted more (but were happy the next day that we didn't!). For us, it is one of our very, very favorite spots for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The entire experience was lovely.PhxDinerDined on 11/17/2014Everything from the bar before dinner to the dinner experience itself was wonderful. We were never rushed, (which is good because we hung out for 3 hours) our waitress was attentive without being overbearing and the food was marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastros Consistently great steak!Poz59VIPDined on 11/16/2014I have frequented Mastros in Costa Mesa, CA, Beverly Hills, Thousand Oaks, Las Vegas, Scottsdale etc for many years. The USDA prime steaks are consistently excellent and arrive on a sizziling plate. The two best cuts in my view are the 48 oz double cut porterhouse for two and the Chef's Cut 20 oz NY strip steak, which is also a thick steak. The service is always impeccable and the management knows how to treat VIP customers. Wherever Mastros is located, you can rest assured that you will have an awesome meal. The Lobster mashed potatoes and crab gnocci are also excellent as are many other sides and appetizers. I like the bone marrow and the dungenous crab cocktail (nice portion and great for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleJennFabDined on 11/15/2014City Hall is fabulous. Service is impeccable and the food is heavenly. Steaks are like butter and, speaking of butter, the butter cake for dessert is worth saving room for. We had a wonderful evening celebrating a special birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night, service was perfect!zycmkDined on 11/14/2014Took my girlfriend on the date there and was treated like I ecpected. Great service and great delivery. Good was of course phenomenal, it wasn't the best steak I had ever eaten but everything else was on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for groupOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2014Ordered a bone in rib eye medium rare and it came out almost purple in the middle, not cooked at all. Very disappointed when they took it back and brought it to me a few minutes later inedible. I had never been to Mastros and was very excited to have a Steak there. The butter cake however was amazing! Service was not typical of high end steak houses. Our waiter only checked on us a few times and he seemed really busy with a lot of other tables. Usually the service is really good at this type restaurant.
- Service was not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2014This was our second time at here, and it turned out to be disappointing. Our server, although very polite, seemed to be 'scripted' with the way she told us about the specials - she didn't seem to 'connect' with us. She was knowledgeable about wine and made a couple of recommendations for us. We chose one of those and it was excellent. When the food came out, they got our orders mixed up - not a big deal but when you're at a place that charges $50 for a steak, I expect better than that. 3 of the 4 of us ordered steaks to be cooked medium and the other person wanted hers cooked rare. All the steaks were done the same - medium. The person who ordered the rare, ate it anyways. We all thought the food was very good, however, when the server came by to ask about the food , we told her. She looked at the steaks, and agreed. She then offered to bring out a new one (right thing to do) but she didn't come around to ask until we were already half way through our meals (not a good thing). She then brought her manager over and he apologized and asked if there was anything he could do. He offered a replacement steak or desserts or an after dinner drinks for the table (right thing to do). We took him up on the after drink. When the drinks arrived, the server said she wasn't sure if the manager explained that the free drinks were for the ladies only or not but they decided to pick up all the drinks. ??? We were puzzled by that comment and thought they'd taken a nice recovery and blown it. In a nutshell, our bill (before tip) for the four of us was around $650. For that amount we expected better service.Special Features:
- Amazing as Always!CarolynWVIPDined on 11/5/2014We were welcomed with a warm greeting and a smile. The steaks were cooked to perfection. Alan, head server, and his assistants were very attentive and always there when needed. The Managers and staff keep this restaurant 5 stars and it always exceeds my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakTJ2AzDined on 11/5/2014We had a delightful anniversary dinner here. Steaks were great, especially the bone-in filet. Best crab appetizer ever and a surprise "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate on our dessert. It was a very busy night but the wait staff was appropriately attentive and helpful; we didn't feel rushed and thoroughly enjoyed the experience as well as the food.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We came here to celebrate our 7 yr anniversary. We made reservations here on OT. In the comment box we said it was our anniversary, and they kindly gave us a slice of chocolate cake mmmm. We order the 32 oz ribeye and shared two side which is more than enough. The only two dislikes were it was really loud and I couldn't hear my husband speak. Second, they bring you a nice arrangement of a bread basket. I didn't want to get full of of bread, but expected to take it home. When I got home after they packed my food they left out my bread and I was really looking forward to having it with my leftovers. Overall really nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- above and beyond in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I was looking for a nice night out and found so much more. I was never left in want for any thing. The food was above par. All the employee's did a great job serving minus a water boy that looked like he was there for a punishment, I felt very well taken care of. Great job Mastro's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/29/2014Business dinner that met our expectations. We were able to sit in the bar and watch the World Series. Nice touchSpecial Features:
- booth/tableshorseshoeDined on 10/28/2014Too small for 4 people, spolied the meal.... I was told on the phone they would put 2 tables together.Special Features:
- Sides & Appetizers Great, Steak OKGoodstuffDined on 10/27/2014I have been to Ocean Club a few times and loved it everytime. This time I wanted to try the steak for a change. I had the 12 oz bone in filet. I was dissappointed. There really wasnt much of any type of flavor to the meat. For $56, I expected it to melt in my mouth. We had the ahi tuna and calamari for appetizers and both were really good. The roasted brussel sprouts were also very good. The lobster mashed potaotoes were my favorite in the past but they didn't taste as good as they did a few years ago. They were just OK and for $35, they should taste spectacular. The warm butter cake is worth every calorie. That is the most delicious dessert I have ever had. Overall, it was a good dining experience, just not as good as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful waittdm511Dined on 10/25/2014The restaurant was beautiful, the food was delicious; however, the wait for a waitress was frustrating. Other waitresses came to our table asking if we've been helped. This went on for over 20 mins. Once our waitress was found, the service was better. The wait really put a damper on the dinner.Special Features:
- luvcraftbeerDined on 10/25/2014Outstanding service, food and wine. Best steak I've had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with HusbandalavinaVIPDined on 10/24/2014Always love this place and city hall location always lots of great energy. Food is crazy good and service is as well. Will always be back!Special Features:
- mackVIPDined on 10/23/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday. Food and service were great. Never have to ask for anything because they are always on top of it. They even recognized my boyfriend's birthday which was great. We have dined at every Mastros restuarant in Scottsdale and love them all. This one is really great for everyone. We saw buisness people, couples, friends, and families. They cater to all. Thank you City Hall for a great night!Special Features:
- Mastro's deliversCPikeDined on 10/23/2014Enjoyed dinner with co-workers on 10/23. Bone in filet cooked to perfection - flavorful, tender. King crab, black truffle gnocchi excellent as well. Enjoyed our meal in front of outdoor fireplace. Couldn't have had better service. It's always the same at Masto's, which is perfect and why I'll return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findLindaDined on 10/23/2014Restaurant can be hard to find as it is somewhat hidden among other businesses but once you are there you'll never forget them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014The entire meal was excellent, our waiter Mike was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what makes food worth the moneyJoe71Dined on 10/18/2014This is a busy restaurant. Don't know why. Steaks were good, not great. Definitely not worth the money. A Bambay Sapphire martini was $19. Bar bill one martini, two beers, two Alaskan King Crab legs cut in half for easy eating, $32.00, a total of $87.43. I sent one half piece back to the kitchen because it was almost empty. They did send me another half and returned the one I sent back, which was impressive. I just was not happy with the food. The onion rings were heavily breaded with no flavor. ($11.00) The side of Gnocchi was too heavy on the truffle flavor, $32.00. Keeping this short, two steaks, one rack of lamb, two sides, two beers, $280.67 with tax. Service was amazing! There are much better places to eat for less.Special Features:
- JeanDined on 10/18/2014I have been to all of the high end steak restaurants in the Phoenix area. By far, Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse is the best. I've never had a complaint. The steak is always perfect.Special Features:
- SlippingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014Seems like Maestro's may be slipping. Drinks were mis-made and inconsistent, three of our five steaks were not cooked to correct temp, wait staff was disorganized and too chummy, the food expediters plopped plates down as though they were serving pancakes at the local waffle house, bussers intruded on the table as though we weren't there having a conversation, etc. Our dinner party was just not the type of experience expected. What's going on at City Hall?Special Features:
- Delicious Food!kymbersDined on 10/15/2014We went to Mastro's City Hall because I've enjoyed Mastro's Ocean Club so much and wanted to try their steakhouse. We weren't disappointed. We were celebrating a grad school graduation/new job and seeing old friends. Lynn was spectacular! She knew how to keep things moving, we talked A LOT without being intrusive or hurrying. I had the bone-in filet and it was perfectly prepared and melted in my mouth. The sides were delicious and the heirloom tomato and burrata salad was to die for! I would highly recommend either of these Mastro properties. If you're going to the Ocean Club you have to ask for Duke!Special Features:
- MissDDined on 10/14/2014LOVED our night out at Mastro's City Hall - celebrating a birthday with good friends. Food was delicious - service was fantastic and the piano lounge was amazing! Thanks for a great memorable night!Special Features:
- Always impressive!Traveler88Dined on 10/14/2014I live in North Carolina but get out to Phoenix on business twice a year. This is a must every trip! Always just an amazing experience. I've done a lot of traveling and eaten a lot of high class steakhouses, but this one is without a doubt the absolute best steakhouse EVERYTIME I eat there. The bone in filet is simply amazing. I recommend the lettuce wedge(share it) and the lobster mashed potatoes. It's incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grown up time - Not hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food was great. The atmosphere was a little strange. This was our first visit and we were told it was a nice place to have a date night. We left our children at home to enjoy a nice quiet evening. However, there were two tables with children that were not so quiet. For an expensive date night dinner it would have been nice if the setting was a little more grown up.Special Features:
- Great Steak ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Had two meals with customers at this location last week and really enjoyed both meals. Service was attentive and the food very good.Special Features:
- Excellent Evening:-)JasonDined on 10/2/2014My wife and I dined recently to celebrate her birthday and our experience was excellent. Of course the food was superb and the martinis exceptional but it was the service that exceeded our expectations. From our server (Jeff) to our busser (Alejandro) all of our needs were met and their timely and professional service capped off an amazing evening.Special Features:
- Very goodCAJ1Dined on 10/1/2014Loved the pretzel rolls. Service was okay but I expected better. Great meal but for the price I expected it to be more memorable.Special Features:
- Daughters 15th BirthdayGulfstream650Dined on 9/28/2014Always a go to place for a celebration. Great food - great service.Special Features:
- Ended BADMicheleDined on 9/28/2014Lovely dinner, very good food and atmosphere but entire dinner ruined because the reason why we went there was because I had been given a gift card. Much to our dismay, we found out it wasn't allowed to be used because they are unsure of their actual ownership by Landry's, Inc??? VERY unprofessional with no apologies from management.Special Features:
- Excellent!FoodisgoodDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I were visiting my niece and her husband in Glendale. They suggested we go to Mastro's for dinner. My wife and I are foodies so when I looked over menu it was a definite "Yes!". The entire evening was great...atmosphere, service and food was fantastic. When we come back for our next visit...Mastro's will be on the TTD list.Special Features: