101 Lakeway Dr
Austin, TX 78734Neighborhood:
Bee Caves / Lakeway / Lake Travis
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lakewayresortandspa.com/restaurant/mastersons-restaurant
- Phone: 5122617323
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 6:30am - 10pm
Friday & Saturday: 6:30am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available. Please call for inquiries.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Standfield 5122617314
A word from Masterson's
Lakeway Resort and Spa's newest restaurant. Masterson's Steakhouse boasts a sophisticated yet rustic atmosphere with pristine views of Lake Travis. Guests enjoy the impressive marble-topped bar with abundant seating and hi-definition televisions. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, the restaurant features the finest ingredients from appetizers to entrees.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Masterson's reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (4)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Bad timing or bad place?kirkwobDined on 8/31/2014My wife wanted to go somewhere else, but I talked her into going there because it was conveniently next to hotel...my mistake. I ordered the filet and I was "lucky" because they had one left (how does a steakhouse run out if steak?). First, wasn't the best cut of meat, guess that's why it was saved until the end. Second, I ordered it med well, it was barely medium rare. Service was slow (but was not crowded, so why?) and I couldn't even get him to come by to fix it before I filled up on other items (for the record the onion rings were very good). Since hotel room did not have fridge, could not have them re-heat steak or replace (and it was last one anyway) to eat later, they did not charge me. They also offered dessert, but too full.Special Features:
- Eh.Kel12Dined on 6/22/2014Outside views were great, if you don't mind looking at the pool. The expensive cost didn't match up with the sub-par taste of the food.Special Features:
- Good, but not for the priceBrandonDined on 5/31/2014First of all, the description of the restaurant says "pristine views of Lake Travis" -- perhaps it's due to the drought, but we saw no water. The view was better than perhaps a restaurant in a commercial district, but it wasn't amazing. There were only 2 or 3 other tables occupied, so we didn't have issues with the servers being attentive. However, getting the food took a while. My wife and I both ordered "medium rare" steaks. They came out well done. Given how long it took to get the food, we didn't feel like sending it back. Even though they were cooked wrong, the food was still decent. However, for the price we paid (120 dollars for meals only, no alcohol), I had much higher expectations.
- tacotomVIPDined on 5/24/2014Arrived 10 minutes early and were asked to have a drink until we got to our reservation time even though there were plenty of open tables. Sensing our disapproval after the 6 of us made no move for the bar, a manager approached and explained they "had a bad night last night and we want to pace the kitchen". This was a first. Our server was very good but the speed of service was poor. The front entrance looks like something out of the 80's, not at all welcoming.
- The following 40 reviews are from the Masterson's reviews archive.
- Beautiful view overlookingMsbtxVIPDined on 4/11/2014Beautiful view overlooking the lake. My filet ordered medium rare was well done, but with the wonderful sauces and the good meat, still delicious. Wait staff could use more training on service procedures: removed fork and knife used for salad and placed on bread and butter plate rather than giving fresh utensils for the entree, served my husband first, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special but RelaxedMintPattyDined on 4/7/2014I was very pleased at my first visit to Mastersons. It was the perfect place to sit and visit while being treated to a lovely meal. They carry my favorite wine, so that of course was an extra plus. The waiter was cheerful and helpful and we all felt special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSunnyVIPDined on 3/22/2014Promptly greeted and drink order taken and delivered in a timely manner. I was offered one menu choice, due to special dietary needs, they were willing to alter the item due to preferences. Wine ordered and brought to the table, a chiller promised and never bought and waiter never again poured the wine. Appetizer was fine, fork removed and never replaced had to request another. Entrees - seafood slightly overcooked, sides bland, but no one ever bothered to check back after the runner brought the food. For the prices quality and service does not live up!
- Good food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2014Enjoyed the scallops and pasta as well as the wine. All around good dinner. Must say the service was excellent. You can't ask for two better people than sheena and CJ. Thanks ladiesSpecial Features:
- Expensive for ok food and serviceDisappointedDined on 2/14/2014This might be a good place at a lower price. It feels like they are trying to be a fine restaurant, but it doesn't quite come off that way. The food is ok, but it doesn't rank as a fine food establishment. The Old Fashioned I had was good, but the bartender put an entire orange slice in the drink which is improper for the drink. It should be a twist and even better if flame kissed. The sevice was pleasant, but timid and not polished. Waitress and kitchen were accommodating and prompt. We just didn't get the warm fuzzy feeling from our dining experience. It was slowish since we were there early, so maybe not everything was in the groove, yet.
- Limited menu for V-DayLesleeDined on 2/14/2014The service and food were great. The ONLY complaint I have is that we HAD to order off of the limited Valentine's Day menu. When booking my reservation, I thought that I was being allowed the option to purchase it. I did not because I wanted to go specifically for the filet and the onion rings that I'd heard such great things about. Could be my mistake but from the way I understood it, I was going to be able to choose from a regular menu. I doubt that this would have been a deal breaker for me, sending me somewhere else, I just would like to have known that I was going to be limited. I do not like half of the options or can't eat them and had no need for salad or dessert. (But the steak that we did split was absolutely amazing!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CJ was terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2014CJ, a new bartender, was terrific and made the experience worthwhile. This restaurant has some tension amongst staff and with the kitchen.Special Features:
- A Nice SurpriseJcopeDined on 1/11/2014We were staying at the Lakeway Resort, so eating at Masterson's was more of a convenience than anything else. However, we were pleasantly surprised. The food was above average and the atmosphere was very comfortable. Steak was cooked perfectly and the lobster risotto was full of lobster and very tasty. The kitchen made a couple of mistakes with our salads (left off the avocado) and dessert (waited 20 minutes for cold bread pudding), but that did not ruin an otherwise nice dinner as the avocado was brought out after asking our server and the bread pudding was taken off our bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveDanielDined on 12/31/2013We were here for New Years Eve 2014, and were surprised there were not more people taking advantage. The service, food, and view were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service, but theRenegadeEngineerDined on 11/16/2013Very good service, but the portions were very small. The red wine list is awful. All California with the exception of Malbecs from Argentina and about a half dozen that should've been labelled non-California reds. If I go our for an expensive meal, I may spring for pricey bottle, but above all I want choice in both type and price range.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delusion!robyVIPDined on 11/14/2013Very motivated thanks to the reviews .. I drove there & I got a big deletion! 200$ for 2 persons for fat food & poor dishes! I won't never come back! Service on the other side it was good!
- Ate dinner & breakfast. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2013Ate dinner & breakfast. Food wasn't anything special and service was the worst. Wouldn't waste my money to try again
- PoorwkngetawayDined on 8/5/2013Went there over the weekend. Both my wife and I had steaks. Had a large party come in and they totaly forgot about us. My wife steak was good. Mine was under cooked, and I like mine medium. We had to wait for 20 min for drink refills and it took forever for the check. I was not impressed for a meal that cost over 100 for two people.Special Features:
- To be called a "steakhouse"boudreauxDined on 7/27/2013To be called a "steakhouse" it was literally the worst steak I have ever tried to eat. I am not a complainer but I was convinced by the rest of the table to send it back. I did not re-order b/c I was afraid it would not be any better. The steak was not cooked to proper temperature, it was not flavorful, and was the toughest piece of meat I have ever had.I don't mind paying $40 - $60 dollars for a great steak but this steak was not worthy of an $8 piece of meat at sirloin stockade.Special Features:
- We should have known whatdisappointedDined on 6/22/2013We should have known what we were in for when we first tasted the bread! It HAD no taste. the food was mediocre at best, the young waiter was willing but clueless, the margarita just seemed to be frozen water. all for over a hundred dollars for two entrees one starter and one drink !
- Some good, but could be betterPipertipperVIPDined on 6/2/2013Food was wonderful. Ate here twice. Friendly host and seated right away, but then service was extremely slow and unattentive. The 2nd time we went we were seated next to the doors leading out. A painter was painting them (at 7 p.m.!) And--we were right under the speaker, which was playing 80's dance music with a definite beat! Between the paint smell and the inappropriate dinner music, the atmosphere left something to be desired. We will come back because of the view and the good food. I just hope they can get some better music by then!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable, especiallyJbobDined on 5/30/2013Very enjoyable, especially the ability to eat and carry on a conversation without having to compete with crowd noise. Food prepared as ordered, service timely and friendly without being over bearing and views are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely off to a good start!OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/25/2013We had an early reservation and slow played a course-by-course dinner. Our server did a great job and worked with us to make sure we weren't rushed. The food was very good - the tartare app was good and the grilled prawns were excellent. The Caesar salad was very good and the filet and lamb were excellent. To cap off the night off we shared a cheese course (very generous portion) with a glass of port. Finally we enjoyed a piece of cheesecake which was very, very good. My only hope is that they'll improve the wine list over time (although it is much better than what was offered at Josie's). All in all it was a very enjoyable experience and I look forward to dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Brunch with a ViewAustinWriterGirlDined on 5/12/2013We went for brunch on Mother's Day and found the food enjoyable and the ambiance delightful ... but then, we dine at the Resort often. You can choose a la carte service or the buffet. I wanted Eggs Benedict, which was on the a la carte menu, but I also wanted the fruits and goodies on the buffet. Our server accommodated us with a "side" order of one Egg Benedict, which was very delicious. We look forward to trying this as a steakhouse once the construction is complete. Only "down side" was slow/forgetful service and a bored hostess who seated us at a tiny table right in the pathway to the buffet. I'm sure she did this to avoid seating two at a four-top by the windows, but it was 10 a.m., few people there, and we had reservations. We moved.Special Features:
- Our server (Jeff) was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2013Our server (Jeff) was awesome and made our dining experience better. The food was good for the price, would be great if they reduced their pricing but with the view you get they probably won't. The pricing is what you expect at Bob's or Capital Grille but the food is not on par.Special Features:
- We had dinner there both nightsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013We had dinner there both nights and were very pleased with the quality of both the food and the service. On each occasion we enjoyed the dinner specials… Friday was the sea bass and Saturday the pork chops. Quincy was a fantastic waiter and we look forward to eating there again during our next visit.Special Features:
- Potential in waitingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2013Facility is in transition with new owners. Renovations are beginning soon and the rest rom for the restaurant are temporarily closed and custmers must go sownstairs through a conference room to access the banquet area rest rooms. if a conference or meeting is in session you would have to walk through the back of the room. Wait and kitchen staff are not in alignment with stated service objectives. The food was quite good..but we were initially served the wrong salad, it was changed but then the main course came soon after the right salad was delivered. And the other salad was delivered without dressing. There were apologies for service galore but the inconsistencies were apparent at tables around us as well. Time will tell.Special Features:
- The food was very good, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013The food was very good, the waitress was unable to articulate the steak and lobster special "its really good", our our waiter wiped on wine bottle dripping on his apron, ew! We had a blast anyway, the wait staff was kind just need more polish to make the experience classy. Our waiter told the diner's behind us to avoid the "hot jelly" dessert, we laughed but it seemed an insult to the chef.Special Features:
- Our experience at Joseys wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Our experience at Joseys was good. The food was good (not amazing.. But good). The restaurant staff were very friendly. My only 2 disappointments were the menu and the length of time it took to get our meals out... (We only ordered a burger and a pasta and it took quite sometime).. I guess I felt a bit bored with what was on offer... My husband and I had lounged by the pool during the day and the same menu was offered. I think it would be nice to offer your guests some variety - maybe burgers/sandwiches, salads, fun appies for pool menu and then in the evening step it up with some pasta options, risotto?, different steaks, antipasto platter? Bruschetta, chicken in sauce with veggies? Seafood - maybe a nice fish (Just some quick ideas!!Special Features:
- The food, service and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2013The food, service and atmosphere were great. My wife and I enjoyed a quiet meal as we enjoyed the view of Lake Travis.Special Features:
- Honestly the food was terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Honestly the food was terrible. We were expecting a great meal and it was the worst we have had at a nice place in a long time. The potatoes tasted instant and the steak was like leather. We will not be eating there next time we stay.
- the price and quality of theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012the price and quality of the food did not match. The ambiance was wonderful, but none of the food was worth a second visit. We tried three different items, none of which we would order a second time. The staff was positive and lovely, however.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Since we were staying at the resort it was a convenient offering. Many times resort dining can be disappointing, but we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the menu, the reasonable pricing and delicious preparation of the meal. Excellent dining experience for our 7th anniversary.Special Features:
- well executed,fresh ingredients,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2012well executed,fresh ingredients, good value for money, needs to be more adventurousSpecial Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2012I went up to the hostess and told her I had a reservation, she said she did not see one, but we could enjoy brunch. I told her I recieved a confirmation e-mail saying I had a reservation to sit outside on the patio and eat, but she ushered us to a table inside by the brunch buffet. Not at all what I wanted, nor did she try to hear what I had to say. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- My husband and I had a deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2012My husband and I had a delicious dinner at Josey's on 4/15/12. The food was absolutely delicious. We enjoyed dining on the patio.Special Features:
- Great for quiet talkOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/2/2011On a quiet afternoon, this is a lovely spot for a long leisurely lunch!
- We enjoyed the service andGregDined on 11/5/2011We enjoyed the service and the food. The view is spectacular. Negatives: We were seated directly next to bar tables with loud talkers. The entire restaurant was empty so this seating seemed more like a convenience to the waitstaff. The meal was very good except for the Caesar salad. The romaine lettuce was 100% yellow - no green at all. I would have normally sent it back, but my wife was OK with it, so I deferred.Special Features:
- We had a nice lunch here overlookinOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2011We had a nice lunch here overlooking Lake Travis (or what's left of it). The menu descriptions are wonderful and while the food was good, it was not exceptional. Fortunately, the overall ambiance made the day successful.Special Features:
- What a Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2011Food and service was very good. The view of Lake Austin is awesome!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2011I love the outdoor seating where the sun came in just enough, but yet shady. So relaxing for breakfast and able to take my time with coffee as the staff does not rush you at all. Staff is very accomodating and friendly. We had the breakfast buffet which had a great variety and everything was freshly made. A staff new we were visiting from out of town and offered to take our picture with our camera phone to remember the enjoyable time we had.Special Features: