Massimo's - Fremont
5200 Mowry Avenue
Fremont, CA 94538Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Massimo's - Fremont
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.massimos.com/
- Phone: (510) 792-2000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full service catering so one can enjoy the quality of our food and service at your home, office, or party venue.
- Private Party Facilities: Our multiple Private Rooms can handle groups of 8 to 130. Please check out our website for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Bill 510-792-2000x11
A word from Massimo's - Fremont
A fine dining experience encompassing classic Italian and Cal-Nouveau Cuisine as well as superb tableside creations, focusing on regional Italian and Cal-Nouveau specials. Massimo's - Fremont also offers a wine list of exceptional value for the most discerning of tastes. Massimo's- Fremont...for an exceptional experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Massimo's - Fremont - Best Restaurants in Fremont ›
Massimo's - Fremont reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (36)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (12)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fremont's best restaurantTonyDined on 11/15/2014This is the best restaurant in Fremont. I would definitely continue to recommend this place to my friends. They serve great food and have outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiendeUnimpressedVIPDined on 11/15/2014A new find for us. Somewhat difficult to locate facility but once there the ambiance was great - good food and service. We shall return to this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Even though the food was outstanding, some work needs to be addressed about the service. We had reservations for 7:00 pm we did not get seated until 7:45. Our waiter was friendly but, his timely matter was unexceptable, we had to continuesly look for him for serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding everytime!Bonnie7Dined on 11/6/2014David is the best, and the experience the greatest...thank youSpecial Features:
- Great Experience for business guestOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/5/2014Had 3 executives from a Japanese key customer. It food was prepared very well and the service was implacable. My Japanese customers were very complementary for the pasta they had for lunch. Will continue to bring customers and partners to this nice place in Fremont.
- Fun birthday eveningHondaLaneDined on 11/4/2014My brother, sister, and I go out for dinner 3 times per year to celebrate each other's birthdays. They live in the South Bay and I live in the Tri-Valley area. I asked a friend who lives in Fremont a good place to get a nice meal since Fremont is a halfway point for us. She recommended Massimo's. The food was delicious, fresh, presented appealingly, and the portions were just right. The service is very attentive and professional. The items on the menu are above average price, but the quality of the atmosphere and the dining is well worth it. It was a perfect place for a special night out with my siblings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 8OldAggieDined on 11/1/2014Had a party for wife's birthday. Food was expensive for the local area, but great. One of few white tablecloth places locally.Special Features:
- Great food, hi price, great serviceKayseatinDined on 10/30/2014Good food, but too high-priced for everyday dining. Service was very good, prompt but not intrusive.Special Features:
- excelentexcelentDined on 10/27/2014The service is very outstanding Jamie our waiter was very attentive and the Rack of Lamb was superb..my wife was very impress this place is a gem..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014The greeting from us first walking in was friendly. The waiter we had was Tes and he made my mothers birthday dinner wonderful. The food was great and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outsdanding ServiceAmazingDined on 10/23/2014Great service. The waiter was very knowledgeable and just outstanding. Great dinning experience. Second time we been there and always a perfect dinning experience.Special Features:
- Hidden GemGotTipsyDined on 10/22/2014I just LOVE this place! From JD the bartender to David our server, you simply can't beat this place. Honestly, THE best in this area. It's tucked away in a strip mall and a little hidden, but absolutely worth the search. The table side Caesar salad is delish and the special risotto never disappoints. The bar area is lively and JD is a master.Special Features:
- A Nice Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014A friend recommended the restraurant to me a few days ago, and I made a reservation to have dinner with my friends on last Saturday evening. We were very pleased with all the foods we ordered. My husband enjoyed the Prime Rib very much. We all had a wonderful dinner. One thing I would like to mention is that the restaurant is not so easy to be found. It took me several minutes to find it that evening. Anyway, it was a great restaurant. Reservation is easy and free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting HalfwayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2014We meet friends for dinner occasionally at a midpoint between our homes. Massimo's was recommended by our daughter and met our criteria. Although it is located in as strangebuilding it was a pleasasnt surprise. The foot was excellent and our waiter was exceptional. We shared the mussels and clams appetizer which was great with extremely large mussels. The Massim's special pasta also proved to be quite good. Our friends had the seafood pasta special which they enjoyed thoroughly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014It was tasty food. Good service. Great place for a lunch meeting. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost attention to details & careOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/16/2014I have been dining at Massimo's for years. in fact I have entertained customers, business partners and company events at the restaurant and was satisfied. on 10/16 we received oily and over fried calamari, over cooked fish and when I mentioned it to the waiter he said he will tell the cook. The level of attention to quality has deteriorated.
- Classy ItalianSpecialfor2Dined on 10/15/2014Great restaurant. I celebrated my birthday here. I had the short ribs special with garlic mash potatoes and vegetables. Service was great, attentive, and timely. I will go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful place for anniversaryLing0718Dined on 10/10/2014We went to Massimo's-Fremont for celebrating our 20th anniversaries. The food there was awesome and the wine we ordered was perfectly match our food. I want to recommend their deserts here. We ordered New York cheese cake, tiramisu, and special gelato. These deserts are not as sweet as those traditional America's so we did enjoy them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseKimCDined on 10/10/2014We were looking for a dining location between Danville and San Jose where we could enjoy a relaxing quite dinner with out-of-town friends. Our sever was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. The ambiance was wonderful! I must admit I was apprehensive about a location within a shopping center; thank you for the pleasant surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Massimo'sMangaDined on 10/9/2014The service was great but the halibut was over cooked. The server brought a sauce to put over it which helped but I should have sent it back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Fremont's BestPastaloverVIPDined on 10/9/2014We returned to Massimo's for our anniversary. The service was attentive but not smothering. The waiter's recommendations were excellent and the entrees were expertly prepared. We received a complementary dessert without asking or expecting one. Although the neighboring table was a bit loud, we can't blame the restaurant. The evening was just what we had hoped, and we will return again with friends.Special Features:
- Business Meetingf00d1eDined on 10/9/2014I needed to find a restaurant between Concord and South San Jose for an initial business meeting with a new vendor. The meeting was on a Thursday Night and I wanted to limit the driving distance for both of us. I chose Massimo's after reviewing their menu and wine list as well as reviews on Opentable. Upon arrival we were seated immediately. Our server arrived at our table moments later and since I had already reviewed the wine list, I recommended my favorite bottle of Ridge Zinfandel. The specials included Steak Diane and an Alaska Halibut dish as well as a Poached Pear salad. My business colleague and I both ordered the Steak Diane and pear salad. Both were outstanding, perfectly prepared and delicious. I highly recommend Massimo's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Massimo's 10-04-2014ReluctantDinerVIPDined on 10/4/2014The only issue I had with the restaurant was the service. Firstly, the waiter was not very attentive, and seemed more interested in other tables while attending to us. Secondly, the service seemed unequal. When asked by the waiter, we informed him that we were celebrating our daughter's birthday. We felt slighted when we were not offered anything while the tables around us were given complimentary desserts for birthdays and anniversaries. The experience was the same with the same waiter when we were there to celebrate our anniversary earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014food and service great. Special thanks to David for his special service and making the night more funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outLDubDined on 9/29/2014Very comfortable booths, romantic and relaxing. Full bar and nice wine list. The nightly specials are always fabulous, and waiters are attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time thereHomerVIPDined on 9/26/2014The Caesar salad was awesome... I don't know a surviving restaurant in the bay area that does it any better.Special Features:
- A good choicedineoftenDined on 9/19/2014the food was very good and the service attentive. I had alaskan halibut and it was a delight.
- Old School Dining at its Best2dogladyDined on 9/13/2014Massimos, with it's updated interior, still reminds me of the places I went with parents and Grandparents in the 1970's. Love the updated bar/lounge area. It is nice to have a drink there before dinner. Very cozy with lite fireplace in the middle of the bar on chilly nights. The merlot colored tufted booths are so comfortable. You can also eat in the bar as well. We have been going here to for several years now for special occasions. It is rare these days that you find table side service for Caesar salads and bananas foster, insert "old school" reference here....Service is outstanding. Our regular waiter "David" is always excellent, along with the rest of the staff. Classic menu, with an Italian slant. Relax and have a fun time!Special Features:
- deliciousluv2eatoutDined on 9/5/2014It was our first time there. From the moment we walked it, service was great. Food was delicious. Definitely would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're going back again!NotEasy2PleaseDined on 9/5/2014I took my girlfriend there for her birthday on a Friday evening. It was the first time either of us had been there. I chose it due to location and the positive Yelp reviews. My girlfriend had the clams and spaghetti and I had the crusted halibut. Both were excellent! The service was excellent also. This will be a place for more then just special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & nice environmentGoldBlocksDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I have dined here many times and always enjoyed the food and the environment very much! Will always go back there for special occasions.Special Features:
- always excellentjedshelleyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Brought out of town friends and the waiter really took great care of us. Everyone loved the food and their Caesar salad is the best in the areaSpecial Features:
- Fantastic restauantTMountainDined on 8/27/2014This restautrant is gem. Ambience and decoration inside the restaurant is simple and decent. Food is delicious and very good presentation. Service is timely and does not disturb our conversation. I'd like to say thank you very much for your effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveVIPDined on 8/26/2014This restaurant has good food, however the decor needs to be updated
- Italian old schoolLMMXDined on 8/23/2014I really enjoyed my meal at Massimo's. Reminded me of Italian spots back east...not a ton of "California" fare but good solid sauces and very very good. I had the spinach salad, one of the best ones I've had because of the delicious dressing! warm and mushroom-y and the chicken parm, not my usual order but really really good. all in all, I'd go back again.Special Features:
- Quality placeRLS42Dined on 8/23/2014I went with my wife and her mother. We all enjoyed it immensely. Food was great. Service was good. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great Italians classicsJennJDined on 8/22/2014Went there for dinner with good friends and was pleasantly surprised by the food and the ambiance. The table side Caesar was a treat. All of the mains were delicious. The service was also top notch. Very nice experience all around.Special Features:
- OutstandingAdmin329Dined on 8/21/2014We love this place. The food is superb. Our service is always spectacular. I ordered something that wasn't on the menu - NO PROBLEM! Never a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business dinnerInfrabillVIPDined on 8/20/2014I had out of town guests for dinner. for the most part, the experience was positive. The attentiveness of the staff was a little lack luster for the type of restaurant. The steak was prepared perfectly, but the sides were, well, boring. For dessert, we had strawberry shortcake. Not really that good. the cake was hard and the strawberries were few. Still ate it all, though. hoping they will improve a little. i will still go back.
- Italian done rightTOOTALLDined on 8/16/2014Try the tableside caesaer salad, it was outstanding. The calamari was crispy but still very tender. We enjoyed prompt service and a kind waiter Jamie. He was on the spot with drinks and refills. The entire evening was very nice.Special Features: