Massimo's - Fremont
5200 Mowry Avenue
Fremont, CA 94538Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Massimo's - Fremont
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.massimos.com/
- Phone: 5107922000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full service catering so one can enjoy the quality of our food and service at your home, office, or party venue.
- Private Party Facilities: Our multiple Private Rooms can handle groups of 8 to 130. Please check out our website for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Bill 510-792-2000x11
A word from Massimo's - Fremont
A fine dining experience encompassing classic Italian and Cal-Nouveau Cuisine as well as superb tableside creations, focusing on regional Italian and Cal-Nouveau specials. Massimo's - Fremont also offers a wine list of exceptional value for the most discerning of tastes. Massimo's- Fremont...for an exceptional experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Massimo's - Fremont - Best Restaurants in Fremont ›
Massimo's - Fremont reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (54)neighborhood gem (46)good for groups (29)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- always excellentjedshelleyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Brought out of town friends and the waiter really took great care of us. Everyone loved the food and their Caesar salad is the best in the areaSpecial Features:
- Fantastic restauantTMountainDined on 8/27/2014This restautrant is gem. Ambience and decoration inside the restaurant is simple and decent. Food is delicious and very good presentation. Service is timely and does not disturb our conversation. I'd like to say thank you very much for your effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveVIPDined on 8/26/2014This restaurant has good food, however the decor needs to be updated
- Italian old schoolLMMXDined on 8/23/2014I really enjoyed my meal at Massimo's. Reminded me of Italian spots back east...not a ton of "California" fare but good solid sauces and very very good. I had the spinach salad, one of the best ones I've had because of the delicious dressing! warm and mushroom-y and the chicken parm, not my usual order but really really good. all in all, I'd go back again.Special Features:
- Quality placeRLS42Dined on 8/23/2014I went with my wife and her mother. We all enjoyed it immensely. Food was great. Service was good. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great Italians classicsJennJDined on 8/22/2014Went there for dinner with good friends and was pleasantly surprised by the food and the ambiance. The table side Caesar was a treat. All of the mains were delicious. The service was also top notch. Very nice experience all around.Special Features:
- OutstandingAdmin329Dined on 8/21/2014We love this place. The food is superb. Our service is always spectacular. I ordered something that wasn't on the menu - NO PROBLEM! Never a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business dinnerInfrabillVIPDined on 8/20/2014I had out of town guests for dinner. for the most part, the experience was positive. The attentiveness of the staff was a little lack luster for the type of restaurant. The steak was prepared perfectly, but the sides were, well, boring. For dessert, we had strawberry shortcake. Not really that good. the cake was hard and the strawberries were few. Still ate it all, though. hoping they will improve a little. i will still go back.
- Italian done rightTOOTALLDined on 8/16/2014Try the tableside caesaer salad, it was outstanding. The calamari was crispy but still very tender. We enjoyed prompt service and a kind waiter Jamie. He was on the spot with drinks and refills. The entire evening was very nice.Special Features:
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014We had not been here in about 10 years. For no reason just forget about it. Well not any more. The food was delicious. We had the crab/artichoke fondue and it was bursting with flavor. The Caesar Salad table side is the real deal. Delicious. Service was good, however I felt a little rushed. Not much wait time between courses. Highly recommend. We will be going back sooner then 10 years.Special Features:
- Great place.Happy2eatDined on 8/12/2014We had a very pleasant experience in regards to the service and food it self. The staff was very kind and presented them self in a very professional way.Special Features:
- Not likely to go backdineforbusinessDined on 8/11/2014Menu was fair. Service was not as good. This place is nothing special.
- Food this time was blandjd52cranbrookDined on 8/11/2014We have eaten here several times over the past 3 years, usually with great results. This time however the taste of the food was missing any real distinguishable taste to it. I had a lamb chop, my wife a type of fish, not sure what. But both just seemed bland to us. The dessert, a chef's surprise strawberry shortcake was really bad, hard or stale cake to start.
- Great Anniversary ExperienceLouellenVIPDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary at Massimo's on Saturday. We had a nice quiet corner booth. Our waiter David was extraordinary. The soup of the day was clam chowder and it was excellent. So much flavor and large pieces of clam. The crab and spaghetti dish was superb. I paid extra for more crab and I was not disappointed. Every bite had some crab, including crab leg pieces, not just shredded. I love the sauce. We were so full we couldn't even look at the dessert menu, but David came back to the table with a slice of their Mud Pie. It was out of this world. We left hardly able to move but happy! We will be celebrating many more anniversaries, as well as birthdays at Massimo's!Special Features:
- Really liked Massimo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014This restaurant is a hidden gem. Fremont isn't know for a multitude of top rated restaurants, but this one was excellent. I wanted a dish that was not on the specials list, but chef made it anyway. That was so impressive and delicious.Special Features:
- A great find!MyrnaMDined on 8/2/2014In many years of traveling up and down 880 I never knew this restaurant would be so good. After seeing an episode of Checks Please we made a reservation. What a great meal we had. I had rack of lamb that was perfectly cooked. My husband couldn't decide between the crab pasta and the veal chop so he had both!, a primi of the pasta and the veal chop entrée. It was the best veal has ever had, and the pasta was great as well. Service was obviously well trained and the portions of the entrees were generous. It was a great value. It has become one of our new go to places to eat when in the area.Special Features:
- Great DiningBayareablondeDined on 8/1/2014The veal chop is outstanding and the salmon also. The booths remind me of days gone by. Do stick chairs and small tables like in some of the newer places. Prices are reasonable, but they need a better selection in Tequila.Special Features:
- n/anonicknameVIPDined on 8/1/2014I don't want to write a review but this screen is prompting me to write one before it will submit my ratings. I would rather not post the details of our negative experience, because I would like to give Massimo's the benefit of the doubt that our experience was a fluke, and not the normal standard of their service of food quality.
- A gem in Fremont ...EastBayLarryDined on 7/28/2014Great food in a nice environment. We've been here several times, and always come away talking about how great the dinner was. The care and attention in the kitchen shows when the food is brought to the table. Very nice. The wait staff is usually very good. This time, the waiter was so solicitous that he almost hovered. It was uncomfortable, and seemed that he was trying to hurry us out. But go try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningTAPsDined on 7/26/2014The food and ambiance was great. We ordered Calamari and Garlic bread for our appetizers. The Calamari was excellent. The garlic bread was burnt. We also ordered the New York Steak, Filet Minion, Chicken Carbanara and the Salmon. All were excellent. We had Spumoni and Mudd Pie for dessert they were also superb. All in all our meal was excellent. I would go there again.Special Features:
- timing of food delivery needs workcookieDined on 7/22/2014The server was awesome but service was slow as a result of the kitchen being very slow. The pasta with cream sauce may have well been pasta with butter because there was no apparent sauce. Again the host staff, service and ambiance couldn't have been nicer but your kitchen needs some attention.Special Features:
- Classic Italian DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014Massimo's was everything I would have expected of a moderately upscale italian restaurant. Service was excellent, and noise level was relatively quiet. I would not go here if you tend to like to talk loudly and verbosely. However nice for a special event or anniversary. Good food.Special Features:
- Consistently good foodjosephDined on 7/12/2014We have been dining at Massimo's for quite a while as it is one of only two fine dining restaurants in Fremont ( the other is Pappillion). We had the weekend special of Prime Rib and it was prepared perfect as my wife likes medium well and it was just pink and not dry and I like mien medium rare and it was not raw.The plate included a baked potato fresh green beans and carrots The Caesar salad was prepared table side. The cost is medium was $110 including wine and after dinner coffee.Special Features:
- Terrific!!Admin329Dined on 7/7/2014Five of us met to hold a meeting over dinner. There was no problem hearing each other even though there was a party of 9 in the booth/tables next to us. Our service was superior, as always. We asked for something not on the menu (Seafood Chef Salad) and they provided it. Attentive and food outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding Anniversary DinnerRichardFDined on 7/1/2014This restaurant provides a very classy dinning experience. The service, food and atmosphere are all consistently top quality. I am so impressed with Massimo's that I regularly dine there and it is my first choice for any special occasions.Special Features:
- Dessert on the house!BabygirlDined on 6/27/2014It was our first time going to Massimos and we were very pleased. The service was great and the food was excellent. On top of that, dessert was on the house! I would recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014We dine at Massimo's several times a month. The casear salad (prepared tableside) is outstanding. Reasonable prices, great restaurant. 'Special Features:
- Excellent!Royal41Dined on 6/14/2014Have never, ever been disappointed. Staff strives to accommodate and please their customers. Relaxing, romantic dining for two, as well as perfect place for a group. Fresh, delicious, excellent entrees, hot when served! We love the Cesar salad, which is made and tossed right at your table. Veal is so very tender, melts in your mouth. Risotto is light, creamy, but firm and very tasty. Great choice of desserts. Very good wine list. Full bar. Although there's no strict dress code at Massimo's, diners wear anything from prom wear to dressy casual to very casual. Have also been to Massimo's for lunch. Like to sit in the bar area, which is casual and fun, but does not compromise service or quality of food.Special Features:
- Dinner at Massimo'sfiedlerDined on 6/13/2014We were promptly seated but requested a change of booths as ours was too tight. They had no tables available but found us a larger booth immediately. Food and service were quite good and the noise level was low.Special Features:
- Wedding anniversaryklumjrDined on 6/11/2014Went to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The minute we stepped in were treated well. The place is great for a romantic dinner. Service was very good. The rack of lamb and crab with spaghetti was cooked just right and was very good. We had a very lovely dinner and would return for another romantic dinner soon.Special Features:
- Massimo's is a LegendtcbfastDined on 6/10/2014Massimo's in Fremont- a 38-year old restaurant...we just tried for the first time! From the outside, it is a strip mall, but the inside with its cozy booths and many banquet rooms is a delight. We were Marie Rinetti, who, along with her husband Bill, started Massimo's in the 1970s. Bill Jr. is in charge now. In any Italian restaurant, I find the Minestrone soup to be a bell weather of the rest of the food. Their's was to die for...the broth was so rich with flavor I could have had it by itself...luckily, it was full of fresh veggies, beans, and pasta. Delicious. Our two veal entrees - Saltimbocca and Massimo were delicious and the sauces, both very different complimented the veal wonderfully. I highly recommend Massimo'sSpecial Features:
- Great local jointBestTapasEVERDined on 6/6/2014Went to celebrate my moms 75th. They seated us well ahead of our 8pm reservation. The service was good but I felt a little "rushed". The server was funny and nice and the portions were ample. I think this is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Helen's BirthdayNicefindVIPDined on 6/4/2014Not our first time here and once again a delicious lunch. I had the grilled crab sandwich and it delicious highly recommend it. of course anything you have you will enjoy.
- Massimo's!!!BeachgirlDined on 6/2/2014Never disappoints. Really enjoyed the veal chop for my birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2014I've lived in Fremont all my life and never been here. My friend got us a gift card for our anniversary so we decided to go here for a date night. Our server Dave was wonderful! Very professional and very sincere. I got the veal with mushroom sauce and it was so tender and cook to perfection! My husband ordered the special (seafood on linguini) also full of robust flavor. We can't eat like this everyday but definitely a great nice dinner place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening out we will be backEveandDJDined on 5/30/2014The greeting we received from Marie as we walked in the door was wonderful. Even though we were there before 5 pm she seated us at our favorite table. We knew we were early so were content with the glass of ice water until our favorite waiter David arrived at work. To our pleasant surprise he was early too. The food was perfect as usual, and our favorite wine was delicious. To make the evening even better we had patrons on either side of us who mentioned they had been coming to Massimo's for 30 years. What a wonderful testimony to superior dining. Thank you to the whole staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Place for DinnerThyrnDined on 5/27/2014This truly is a neighborhood gem. Have visited twice now for business dinners. Quiet enough to hold business discussion while enjoying the wine list and food. Wait staff is excellent and recommend Massimo's for any occasion. During both visits entire party was pleased with their menu selection. Menu has something for everyone.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceHealthyEpicureanVIPDined on 5/17/2014Unbelievable service. I could not believe it. David in the bar was our waiter. We had such a good experience. We live 45 minutes away and we will go back. We loved the appetizers. We had a crab artichoke fondue, that was sort of like a crab dip. Fattening but delicious. The minestrone soup was delightful, mild, light, yet earthy. The caesar salad (tableside) was soooo good, not too tangy, best I've had in a long time. The entree serving sizes were large. It was like an East Coast Italian restaurant, with the red booths & spaghetti with meatsauce. Nothing too spicy, everything delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnifico MassimoNewarkredDined on 5/17/2014Another fantastic time at our go to restaurant. We went to celebrate my husbands birthday. As usual our waiter gave us premium service, he couldn't of dobe more for us. Our dinners were superb. Four of us had Caesar salad 2 had their regular salad we all raved about the salads too. If you want good old school Italian food & terrific service this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceNoreenBVIPDined on 5/16/2014Love Caesar salad made at tableside. Service was excellent. My husband was not pleased with the chicken parm but my seafood dish was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.