Massimo's - Fremont
5200 Mowry Avenue
Fremont, CA 94538Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Massimo's - Fremont
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.massimos.com/
- Phone: 5107922000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full service catering so one can enjoy the quality of our food and service at your home, office, or party venue.
- Private Party Facilities: Our multiple Private Rooms can handle groups of 8 to 130. Please check out our website for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Bill 510-792-2000x11
A word from Massimo's - Fremont
A fine dining experience encompassing classic Italian and Cal-Nouveau Cuisine as well as superb tableside creations, focusing on regional Italian and Cal-Nouveau specials. Massimo's - Fremont also offers a wine list of exceptional value for the most discerning of tastes. Massimo's- Fremont...for an exceptional experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Massimo's - Fremont - Best Restaurants in Fremont ›
Massimo's - Fremont reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)romantic (40)neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (24)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (15)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014The greeting from us first walking in was friendly. The waiter we had was Tes and he made my mothers birthday dinner wonderful. The food was great and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outsdanding ServiceAmazingDined on 10/23/2014Great service. The waiter was very knowledgeable and just outstanding. Great dinning experience. Second time we been there and always a perfect dinning experience.Special Features:
- Hidden GemGotTipsyDined on 10/22/2014I just LOVE this place! From JD the bartender to David our server, you simply can't beat this place. Honestly, THE best in this area. It's tucked away in a strip mall and a little hidden, but absolutely worth the search. The table side Caesar salad is delish and the special risotto never disappoints. The bar area is lively and JD is a master.Special Features:
- A Nice Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014A friend recommended the restraurant to me a few days ago, and I made a reservation to have dinner with my friends on last Saturday evening. We were very pleased with all the foods we ordered. My husband enjoyed the Prime Rib very much. We all had a wonderful dinner. One thing I would like to mention is that the restaurant is not so easy to be found. It took me several minutes to find it that evening. Anyway, it was a great restaurant. Reservation is easy and free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting HalfwayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2014We meet friends for dinner occasionally at a midpoint between our homes. Massimo's was recommended by our daughter and met our criteria. Although it is located in as strangebuilding it was a pleasasnt surprise. The foot was excellent and our waiter was exceptional. We shared the mussels and clams appetizer which was great with extremely large mussels. The Massim's special pasta also proved to be quite good. Our friends had the seafood pasta special which they enjoyed thoroughly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014It was tasty food. Good service. Great place for a lunch meeting. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost attention to details & careOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/16/2014I have been dining at Massimo's for years. in fact I have entertained customers, business partners and company events at the restaurant and was satisfied. on 10/16 we received oily and over fried calamari, over cooked fish and when I mentioned it to the waiter he said he will tell the cook. The level of attention to quality has deteriorated.
- Classy ItalianSpecialfor2Dined on 10/15/2014Great restaurant. I celebrated my birthday here. I had the short ribs special with garlic mash potatoes and vegetables. Service was great, attentive, and timely. I will go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful place for anniversaryLing0718Dined on 10/10/2014We went to Massimo's-Fremont for celebrating our 20th anniversaries. The food there was awesome and the wine we ordered was perfectly match our food. I want to recommend their deserts here. We ordered New York cheese cake, tiramisu, and special gelato. These deserts are not as sweet as those traditional America's so we did enjoy them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseKimCDined on 10/10/2014We were looking for a dining location between Danville and San Jose where we could enjoy a relaxing quite dinner with out-of-town friends. Our sever was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. The ambiance was wonderful! I must admit I was apprehensive about a location within a shopping center; thank you for the pleasant surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Massimo'sMangaDined on 10/9/2014The service was great but the halibut was over cooked. The server brought a sauce to put over it which helped but I should have sent it back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Fremont's BestPastaloverVIPDined on 10/9/2014We returned to Massimo's for our anniversary. The service was attentive but not smothering. The waiter's recommendations were excellent and the entrees were expertly prepared. We received a complementary dessert without asking or expecting one. Although the neighboring table was a bit loud, we can't blame the restaurant. The evening was just what we had hoped, and we will return again with friends.Special Features:
- Business Meetingf00d1eDined on 10/9/2014I needed to find a restaurant between Concord and South San Jose for an initial business meeting with a new vendor. The meeting was on a Thursday Night and I wanted to limit the driving distance for both of us. I chose Massimo's after reviewing their menu and wine list as well as reviews on Opentable. Upon arrival we were seated immediately. Our server arrived at our table moments later and since I had already reviewed the wine list, I recommended my favorite bottle of Ridge Zinfandel. The specials included Steak Diane and an Alaska Halibut dish as well as a Poached Pear salad. My business colleague and I both ordered the Steak Diane and pear salad. Both were outstanding, perfectly prepared and delicious. I highly recommend Massimo's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Massimo's 10-04-2014ReluctantDinerVIPDined on 10/4/2014The only issue I had with the restaurant was the service. Firstly, the waiter was not very attentive, and seemed more interested in other tables while attending to us. Secondly, the service seemed unequal. When asked by the waiter, we informed him that we were celebrating our daughter's birthday. We felt slighted when we were not offered anything while the tables around us were given complimentary desserts for birthdays and anniversaries. The experience was the same with the same waiter when we were there to celebrate our anniversary earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014food and service great. Special thanks to David for his special service and making the night more funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outLDubDined on 9/29/2014Very comfortable booths, romantic and relaxing. Full bar and nice wine list. The nightly specials are always fabulous, and waiters are attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time thereHomerVIPDined on 9/26/2014The Caesar salad was awesome... I don't know a surviving restaurant in the bay area that does it any better.Special Features:
- A good choicedineoftenDined on 9/19/2014the food was very good and the service attentive. I had alaskan halibut and it was a delight.
- Old School Dining at its Best2dogladyDined on 9/13/2014Massimos, with it's updated interior, still reminds me of the places I went with parents and Grandparents in the 1970's. Love the updated bar/lounge area. It is nice to have a drink there before dinner. Very cozy with lite fireplace in the middle of the bar on chilly nights. The merlot colored tufted booths are so comfortable. You can also eat in the bar as well. We have been going here to for several years now for special occasions. It is rare these days that you find table side service for Caesar salads and bananas foster, insert "old school" reference here....Service is outstanding. Our regular waiter "David" is always excellent, along with the rest of the staff. Classic menu, with an Italian slant. Relax and have a fun time!Special Features:
- deliciousluv2eatoutDined on 9/5/2014It was our first time there. From the moment we walked it, service was great. Food was delicious. Definitely would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're going back again!NotEasy2PleaseDined on 9/5/2014I took my girlfriend there for her birthday on a Friday evening. It was the first time either of us had been there. I chose it due to location and the positive Yelp reviews. My girlfriend had the clams and spaghetti and I had the crusted halibut. Both were excellent! The service was excellent also. This will be a place for more then just special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & nice environmentGoldBlocksDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I have dined here many times and always enjoyed the food and the environment very much! Will always go back there for special occasions.Special Features:
- always excellentjedshelleyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Brought out of town friends and the waiter really took great care of us. Everyone loved the food and their Caesar salad is the best in the areaSpecial Features:
- Fantastic restauantTMountainDined on 8/27/2014This restautrant is gem. Ambience and decoration inside the restaurant is simple and decent. Food is delicious and very good presentation. Service is timely and does not disturb our conversation. I'd like to say thank you very much for your effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveVIPDined on 8/26/2014This restaurant has good food, however the decor needs to be updated
- Italian old schoolLMMXDined on 8/23/2014I really enjoyed my meal at Massimo's. Reminded me of Italian spots back east...not a ton of "California" fare but good solid sauces and very very good. I had the spinach salad, one of the best ones I've had because of the delicious dressing! warm and mushroom-y and the chicken parm, not my usual order but really really good. all in all, I'd go back again.Special Features:
- Quality placeRLS42Dined on 8/23/2014I went with my wife and her mother. We all enjoyed it immensely. Food was great. Service was good. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great Italians classicsJennJDined on 8/22/2014Went there for dinner with good friends and was pleasantly surprised by the food and the ambiance. The table side Caesar was a treat. All of the mains were delicious. The service was also top notch. Very nice experience all around.Special Features:
- OutstandingAdmin329Dined on 8/21/2014We love this place. The food is superb. Our service is always spectacular. I ordered something that wasn't on the menu - NO PROBLEM! Never a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business dinnerInfrabillVIPDined on 8/20/2014I had out of town guests for dinner. for the most part, the experience was positive. The attentiveness of the staff was a little lack luster for the type of restaurant. The steak was prepared perfectly, but the sides were, well, boring. For dessert, we had strawberry shortcake. Not really that good. the cake was hard and the strawberries were few. Still ate it all, though. hoping they will improve a little. i will still go back.
- Italian done rightTOOTALLDined on 8/16/2014Try the tableside caesaer salad, it was outstanding. The calamari was crispy but still very tender. We enjoyed prompt service and a kind waiter Jamie. He was on the spot with drinks and refills. The entire evening was very nice.Special Features:
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014We had not been here in about 10 years. For no reason just forget about it. Well not any more. The food was delicious. We had the crab/artichoke fondue and it was bursting with flavor. The Caesar Salad table side is the real deal. Delicious. Service was good, however I felt a little rushed. Not much wait time between courses. Highly recommend. We will be going back sooner then 10 years.Special Features:
- Just OKGene999VIPDined on 8/14/2014a bit disappointing, food and service were fine, but not really noteworthy
- Great place.Happy2eatDined on 8/12/2014We had a very pleasant experience in regards to the service and food it self. The staff was very kind and presented them self in a very professional way.Special Features:
- Not likely to go backdineforbusinessDined on 8/11/2014Menu was fair. Service was not as good. This place is nothing special.
- Food this time was blandjd52cranbrookDined on 8/11/2014We have eaten here several times over the past 3 years, usually with great results. This time however the taste of the food was missing any real distinguishable taste to it. I had a lamb chop, my wife a type of fish, not sure what. But both just seemed bland to us. The dessert, a chef's surprise strawberry shortcake was really bad, hard or stale cake to start.
- Great Anniversary ExperienceLouellenVIPDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary at Massimo's on Saturday. We had a nice quiet corner booth. Our waiter David was extraordinary. The soup of the day was clam chowder and it was excellent. So much flavor and large pieces of clam. The crab and spaghetti dish was superb. I paid extra for more crab and I was not disappointed. Every bite had some crab, including crab leg pieces, not just shredded. I love the sauce. We were so full we couldn't even look at the dessert menu, but David came back to the table with a slice of their Mud Pie. It was out of this world. We left hardly able to move but happy! We will be celebrating many more anniversaries, as well as birthdays at Massimo's!Special Features:
- Really liked Massimo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014This restaurant is a hidden gem. Fremont isn't know for a multitude of top rated restaurants, but this one was excellent. I wanted a dish that was not on the specials list, but chef made it anyway. That was so impressive and delicious.Special Features:
- A great find!MyrnaMDined on 8/2/2014In many years of traveling up and down 880 I never knew this restaurant would be so good. After seeing an episode of Checks Please we made a reservation. What a great meal we had. I had rack of lamb that was perfectly cooked. My husband couldn't decide between the crab pasta and the veal chop so he had both!, a primi of the pasta and the veal chop entrée. It was the best veal has ever had, and the pasta was great as well. Service was obviously well trained and the portions of the entrees were generous. It was a great value. It has become one of our new go to places to eat when in the area.Special Features:
- Great DiningBayareablondeDined on 8/1/2014The veal chop is outstanding and the salmon also. The booths remind me of days gone by. Do stick chairs and small tables like in some of the newer places. Prices are reasonable, but they need a better selection in Tequila.Special Features: