1604 Locust St.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.massimoristorante.com/
- Phone: (925) 932-1474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Roberto Rodriquez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Limited catering is available. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room upstairs has a romantic atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Max Wolfe 9259321474
- Entertainment: Jazz piano
A word from Massimo Ristorante
Massimo's is perfect for enjoying a quiet elegant dinner in an open and airy atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Massimo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (19)romantic (17)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (10)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Bad experience but great food.mes1VIPDined on 11/15/2014The waiter had only been there for 2 weeks. He got the orders wrong and we had to waited an extended period of time to get our main course. There was a waitress that instead of helping the waiter just spent her time bad mouthing him and telling us that because of him she was there an extra two hours. As usual, the food was great.
- Delicious food, a little slowKuppatea1Dined on 11/15/2014We loved our dinner here but there seemed to be a problem with getting the main meal in a timely way- which was difficult as we had theater reservations. We still enjoyed it though, just would have preferred to have been less rushed when we purposefully left enough time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly RestaurantarcmblkDined on 11/6/2014Friendly atmosphere and good food. Very near the theater (Lesher Center) and easy parking.Special Features:
- Great for GrandparentsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2014We didnt like our table it was in the path of the busing station so our chairs were hit several times. The bus person never removed plates or refilled water. The food was okay .
- Consistently Very GoodTedsterVIPDined on 10/25/2014Both the food (gotta try the Truffle Ravioli's as a shared appetized starter), and the service (Shauna and Andrea are uber attentive, and fun to have conversations with) are mega delish / exceptional. The live piano music gives this place added ambiance to already nice decor. Tutti a tavola e mangiare! I do suggest that if you are running late, to call the restaurant to re-confirm you are coming, as the demand for your booth type table could become like a shark tank. Cheers!Special Features:
- A favorite in Walnut Creek...Table4TDDined on 10/25/2014Very good food with excellent service- no better place to go before the theatre!Special Features:
- Night OutWCDaveDined on 10/24/2014We keep coming back here because the food is good and for us that's the bottom line. We often eat here when we go to the theater because it is so convenient.Special Features:
- A really nice dinnerpaulfrombeniciaDined on 9/20/2014And excellent service.....my wife and I really both enjoyed the experience and this place will now be part of our regular rotation.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingcafoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014I have dined at Massimo's many times over the last 20 years and while it was never my top favorite restaurant, I always found it to be pleasant and dependable with decent/good food, if not exciting. This evening, however, I was very disappointed. The service was lackluster; our server would disappear from sight for long stretches of time and we had to remind him to replace forks, fill water glasses, bring bread etc. My husband commented that his pasta Massimo (seafood/shellfish) was tasteless, overcooked and lukewarm. He is not a foodie, so this is a real condemnation, and he will not return unless there is a vast improvement. Too bad that this neighborhood restaurant has gone downhill.
- Consistently Good OverallLoriPDined on 9/20/2014Several years ago, we used to go to Massimo's regularly. Since it had been over a year since we were there last, we decided to go for a birthday celebration. Our salads and entrees were very good and our server was very friendly. It did seem like we waited quite a while for wine glasses, once she opened the bottle we brought. In the past, the desserts have been delicious; this time, however, we were disappointed. The Tiramisu did not have a good balance of chocolate-coffee and cream, it was mostly cream. The chocolate sin (just like a lava cake), was a bit rubbery. We had a very nice evening and Massimo's is a very good place overall and we'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryDocsNightOutDined on 9/19/2014That is what we had here: a memorable celebration. The service was attentive without being annoying. The bread (I love good bread) was awesome. We had the Scallop Risotto Appetizer; Fennel Arugula Salad (which we split with no fuss on the part of the wait staff); PEKIN DUCK BREAST AND LEG CONFIT/Brussel Sprouts with Crispy Pancetta, Apricot Brandy Sauce; GRILLED HANGER STEAK/Bordelaise Sauce, Gorgonzola Butter, Parmesan Fries and CHOCOLATE "SIN" for dessert. Our cocktails were great and the wine list is extensive. Everything was perfect! We will be going back. Our only regret is that it took us so long to try this lovely restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great visitOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014This restaurant has been around for many years. Have visited in the past and it was OK. This time was much different. Both my wife's and my meals were excellent. Beyond excellent. The service was perfect. That attitude of our waitress, Daniel, was incredibly attentive and friendly. Another waitress, they were sharing some duties, was equally excellent. Awesome visit all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014Restaurant was extremely loud. We moved outdoors and it was much nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner before theaterBuddlyDined on 8/16/2014The salmon was excellent. We have eaten here before and like it very much. The food has always been very good, the service friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food is pretty good but the quantity is very small. I feel the food is over-priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre GemJAMJRVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have had dinner at Massimo Ristorante for many years when we attend the Lehser Theater in Walnut Creek. The food is excellent and the service is friendly and efficient. The location is directly across the street from the Theater. On this visit I ordered the salmon which was great. We will be back the next time there is a play in Walnut Creek.Special Features:
- The following 289 reviews are from the Massimo Ristorante reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014Have eaten at this restaurant many times and never had a bad meal.Special Features:
- Right downtownNapabrownVIPDined on 7/22/2014Been to Massimo several times for salads at lunch. Salmon or tri-tip on the salads always cooked properly and tasty. Sit outside and people watch for a pleasant lunch experience. Danny will good take care of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotleeleeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Our dinner was delicious and the server gave us great advice and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant lunch with friendLove2eatoutDined on 7/16/2014I have been here for dinner several times and especially loved the last time I visited a few months ago. When I was going to Walnut Creek for another errand I invited a friend to go with me and have lunch here. I had the Steak Salad, which was excellent, and the Lemon Tartufo for dessert. The Lemon Tartufo is excellent. It is very light and tastes like a bit of Heaven. It's not inexpensive but for what you get it is well worth it. I plan to do this again.Special Features:
- eastenderDined on 7/11/2014Everything our table of four ordered was delicious and the presentation of each dish was beautiful. Specific standoouts were the pork tenderloin and the cheesecake which was out of this world.Special Features:
- Old school elegance, great fooddragonreesVIPDined on 7/10/2014This is our favorite Italian restaurant in Walnut Creek, which has several great ones. Although there is a full bar as part of the property, the restaurant is elegant and quiet, as advertised, with a romantic atmosphere. We dine here several times a year, and the service is always exemplary. The food tends toward the traditional rather than the modern, which is great with me. WE both had the pan-seared California Sea Bass special this time and it was delicious. Service, under the direction of Tim, was efficient and ever-present, but not in the way. There is a nice sidewalk patio for dining on those warm Walnut Creek evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing placeBrendaDougVIPDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant has incredible food. We went with a group and they sat us at booth which gave us a nice view of the restaurant. We ordered the risotto dish with boar which was incredibly delicious. We ordered the steak dinner as well and it was to die for. Incredibly tender, cooked to perfection and flavorful. The truffle ravioli was also delicious. The service was very friendly and attentive. Highly recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaryDined on 6/12/2014Good Italian food. Great service! Yummy dessert.Special Features:
- luv2eatVIPDined on 6/3/2014I ordered the wild salmon dish and it came out very dry. It appeared to be pan fried but overcooked due to the very crusty exterior. My husband had the ravioli in broth. He thought it had too much broth and that the dish was very rich overall. We will return and order something different at a future date.
- Can't wait to go back!Love2eatoutDined on 5/24/2014Hubby & I went there before the theatre. With 6:00 PM reservations we beat the crowd and had plenty of time for a relaxing dinner. I had Chilled Jumbo Prawn Cocktail, Roasted Red & Gold Beet Salad, Black Angus Filet Mignon, and Lemon Tartufo for dessert. Everything was excellent. I think it was the best filet I have ever had. Cooked to perfection and melt in your mouth. The Lemon Tartufo was heavenly. I have never had anything like it and will definitely order it again. Our waitress was very attentive and made valuable suggestions. Max, I think the owner, came by to make sure we enjoyed our experience. This is a great pre-theatre place to dine. So convenient and so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty ItalianMichaelVIPDined on 5/16/2014Previous reviews said the food is great, and it is really good. Braised beef was beautiful and my partner's pasta was excellent. Calamari appetizer was large and very nice and crispy. We sat outside on a warm Walnut Creek night - very pleasant. It seemed like the waitress was in a bit of a hurry - not sure why, the place was half empty by the time we left. We thought the live pianist was a classy touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTIONtomcatDined on 5/10/2014Max is an excellent host-food. outstanding servers very attentive to our table! Wine list complete!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My Regular SpotsMassimoseyingDined on 5/4/2014Food is always great. Service is usually slow, but we're never in a hurry. LAst time our waitress was a little over familiar, rubbing peoples backs and calling them honey. Friendly is fine, but keep it down.Special Features:
- Delicious and Excellent Wait StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/2/2014Had dinner before a show at Lesher. Waitress was very attentive and listened to our needs. Gave us the space we needed but did not forget us. Food was excellent and cooked exactly how we asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great menujuliecDined on 4/26/2014menu has a good mix of fresh fish, red meats and poultry all cooked with flavorful but not heavy sauces. Portions are just right and accompanying vegetables are fresh. Wait staff was extremely attentive and knowledgeable of the menu.Special Features:
- excellent experiencehankoDined on 4/26/2014Food was once again outstanding! Service flawless. The pasta carbonara is so good we had to order it as a side dish to go with our fixed price dinner.Special Features:
- dinner before theatrewineanddineDined on 4/25/2014we decided to take part in Walnut Creek's Restaurant Week before attending a play at the Lesher Theatre...we ate at 6pm and had plenty of time before the play. the 3-course dinner was perfect - butternut squash ravioli and carbonara penne were outstanding! looks like we will dine here before our next theatre date! enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chiyeko9Dined on 4/23/2014I had a very good dinner there after the play but the lunch, set Walnut Creek dining week menu, was mediocre. The salad we thought was a wedge of lettuce (it was not), sole was good but the tiramisu was less than outstanding
- Pre-theaterAnniversaryDined on 4/19/2014Great spot for pre-theater dinner. Just aross frm the LesherSpecial Features:
- Always a delightHankVIPDined on 4/19/2014Food and service is consistently good. Max and his staff make you feel very welcome.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialSpudVIPDined on 4/16/2014Greeted promptly, service was adequate, and the food was fine, but no real "wow" factor.Special Features:
- Happy, content and satisfied1nuttynanaVIPDined on 4/16/2014Went to this restaurant before a play and was really pleasantly surprised. My friend and I both commented that we hadn't been here in years. Don't know why because we had a great dinner, service was wonderful, and its a great place where we can have a good conversation! Also had a nice wine list. Besides all of that, its just a short walk across the street to the theater!Special Features:
- Great for a pre-theater dinnerJohnDined on 4/11/2014Dined here with friends, one of whom has some difficulty in walking, prior to attending the theater across the street; thus very convenient especially for her. All of us enjoyed our dinners; mine was a dish of duck breast with Brussels sprouts, shaved pancetta, and apricot sauce, about the best duck dish I've ever had out anywhere (even exceeding the now-defunct Duck Club at the Lafayette Park Hotel). Salad dishes were generous. Only negative was the noise level, possibly because it was a Friday night, also, the bar is part of the dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodJaredDined on 4/5/2014Second time eating here and the food was excellent. Service, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.