1604 Locust St.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.massimoristorante.com/
- Phone: 9259321474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Roberto Rodriquez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Limited catering is available. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room upstairs has a romantic atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Max Wolfe 9259321474
- Entertainment: Jazz piano
A word from Massimo Ristorante
Massimo's is perfect for enjoying a quiet elegant dinner in an open and airy atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Massimo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (17)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (13)good for groups (11)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Birthday dinner before theaterBuddlyDined on 8/16/2014The salmon was excellent. We have eaten here before and like it very much. The food has always been very good, the service friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food is pretty good but the quantity is very small. I feel the food is over-priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre GemJAMJRVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have had dinner at Massimo Ristorante for many years when we attend the Lehser Theater in Walnut Creek. The food is excellent and the service is friendly and efficient. The location is directly across the street from the Theater. On this visit I ordered the salmon which was great. We will be back the next time there is a play in Walnut Creek.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014Have eaten at this restaurant many times and never had a bad meal.Special Features:
- Right downtownNapabrownVIPDined on 7/22/2014Been to Massimo several times for salads at lunch. Salmon or tri-tip on the salads always cooked properly and tasty. Sit outside and people watch for a pleasant lunch experience. Danny will good take care of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotleeleeDined on 7/19/2014Our dinner was delicious and the server gave us great advice and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant lunch with friendLove2eatoutDined on 7/16/2014I have been here for dinner several times and especially loved the last time I visited a few months ago. When I was going to Walnut Creek for another errand I invited a friend to go with me and have lunch here. I had the Steak Salad, which was excellent, and the Lemon Tartufo for dessert. The Lemon Tartufo is excellent. It is very light and tastes like a bit of Heaven. It's not inexpensive but for what you get it is well worth it. I plan to do this again.Special Features:
- eastenderDined on 7/11/2014Everything our table of four ordered was delicious and the presentation of each dish was beautiful. Specific standoouts were the pork tenderloin and the cheesecake which was out of this world.Special Features:
- Old school elegance, great fooddragonreesVIPDined on 7/10/2014This is our favorite Italian restaurant in Walnut Creek, which has several great ones. Although there is a full bar as part of the property, the restaurant is elegant and quiet, as advertised, with a romantic atmosphere. We dine here several times a year, and the service is always exemplary. The food tends toward the traditional rather than the modern, which is great with me. WE both had the pan-seared California Sea Bass special this time and it was delicious. Service, under the direction of Tim, was efficient and ever-present, but not in the way. There is a nice sidewalk patio for dining on those warm Walnut Creek evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing placeBrendaDougVIPDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant has incredible food. We went with a group and they sat us at booth which gave us a nice view of the restaurant. We ordered the risotto dish with boar which was incredibly delicious. We ordered the steak dinner as well and it was to die for. Incredibly tender, cooked to perfection and flavorful. The truffle ravioli was also delicious. The service was very friendly and attentive. Highly recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaryDined on 6/12/2014Good Italian food. Great service! Yummy dessert.Special Features:
- luv2eatVIPDined on 6/3/2014I ordered the wild salmon dish and it came out very dry. It appeared to be pan fried but overcooked due to the very crusty exterior. My husband had the ravioli in broth. He thought it had too much broth and that the dish was very rich overall. We will return and order something different at a future date.
- Can't wait to go back!Love2eatoutDined on 5/24/2014Hubby & I went there before the theatre. With 6:00 PM reservations we beat the crowd and had plenty of time for a relaxing dinner. I had Chilled Jumbo Prawn Cocktail, Roasted Red & Gold Beet Salad, Black Angus Filet Mignon, and Lemon Tartufo for dessert. Everything was excellent. I think it was the best filet I have ever had. Cooked to perfection and melt in your mouth. The Lemon Tartufo was heavenly. I have never had anything like it and will definitely order it again. Our waitress was very attentive and made valuable suggestions. Max, I think the owner, came by to make sure we enjoyed our experience. This is a great pre-theatre place to dine. So convenient and so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty ItalianMichaelVIPDined on 5/16/2014Previous reviews said the food is great, and it is really good. Braised beef was beautiful and my partner's pasta was excellent. Calamari appetizer was large and very nice and crispy. We sat outside on a warm Walnut Creek night - very pleasant. It seemed like the waitress was in a bit of a hurry - not sure why, the place was half empty by the time we left. We thought the live pianist was a classy touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTIONtomcatDined on 5/10/2014Max is an excellent host-food. outstanding servers very attentive to our table! Wine list complete!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My Regular SpotsMassimoseyingDined on 5/4/2014Food is always great. Service is usually slow, but we're never in a hurry. LAst time our waitress was a little over familiar, rubbing peoples backs and calling them honey. Friendly is fine, but keep it down.Special Features:
- The following 276 reviews are from the Massimo Ristorante reviews archive.
- Delicious and Excellent Wait StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/2/2014Had dinner before a show at Lesher. Waitress was very attentive and listened to our needs. Gave us the space we needed but did not forget us. Food was excellent and cooked exactly how we asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great menujuliecDined on 4/26/2014menu has a good mix of fresh fish, red meats and poultry all cooked with flavorful but not heavy sauces. Portions are just right and accompanying vegetables are fresh. Wait staff was extremely attentive and knowledgeable of the menu.Special Features:
- excellent experiencehankoDined on 4/26/2014Food was once again outstanding! Service flawless. The pasta carbonara is so good we had to order it as a side dish to go with our fixed price dinner.Special Features:
- dinner before theatrewineanddineDined on 4/25/2014we decided to take part in Walnut Creek's Restaurant Week before attending a play at the Lesher Theatre...we ate at 6pm and had plenty of time before the play. the 3-course dinner was perfect - butternut squash ravioli and carbonara penne were outstanding! looks like we will dine here before our next theatre date! enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chiyeko9Dined on 4/23/2014I had a very good dinner there after the play but the lunch, set Walnut Creek dining week menu, was mediocre. The salad we thought was a wedge of lettuce (it was not), sole was good but the tiramisu was less than outstanding
- Pre-theaterAnniversaryDined on 4/19/2014Great spot for pre-theater dinner. Just aross frm the LesherSpecial Features:
- Always a delightHankVIPDined on 4/19/2014Food and service is consistently good. Max and his staff make you feel very welcome.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialSpudVIPDined on 4/16/2014Greeted promptly, service was adequate, and the food was fine, but no real "wow" factor.Special Features:
- Happy, content and satisfied1nuttynanaDined on 4/16/2014Went to this restaurant before a play and was really pleasantly surprised. My friend and I both commented that we hadn't been here in years. Don't know why because we had a great dinner, service was wonderful, and its a great place where we can have a good conversation! Also had a nice wine list. Besides all of that, its just a short walk across the street to the theater!Special Features:
- Great for a pre-theater dinnerJohnDined on 4/11/2014Dined here with friends, one of whom has some difficulty in walking, prior to attending the theater across the street; thus very convenient especially for her. All of us enjoyed our dinners; mine was a dish of duck breast with Brussels sprouts, shaved pancetta, and apricot sauce, about the best duck dish I've ever had out anywhere (even exceeding the now-defunct Duck Club at the Lafayette Park Hotel). Salad dishes were generous. Only negative was the noise level, possibly because it was a Friday night, also, the bar is part of the dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodJaredDined on 4/5/2014Second time eating here and the food was excellent. Service, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousfood4meDined on 4/5/2014Rocky start to dinner, but excellent overall! We had come here for an early birthday celebration, which I had made reservations online for 5, but we were sat a table better for 3-4. The table next to us sat an extremely loud infant who's screeches echoed off the mirrors. The manger and waitress were very nice, but there was no other tables large enough for our party as the restaurant was booked! So I would recommend to make reservations. The food made up for all unpleasantness revolving around the child and small table. I would highly recommend the Duck, excellent, and the apricot brandy sauce was a great compliment to the dish. The salmon was so light and fresh. The desserts were great as well a great way to round out the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saddened by our parties treatmentMayaDined on 4/5/2014We were there for a 79th birthday party. The Birthday Girl wanted to attend this restaurant for dinner because she goes to Massimo's for lunch often. The Restaurant Manager/Hostess was so INCREDIBLY RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL. The food was OK at best for the price.
- My Birthday dinnerTerriDined on 2/15/2014My husband, daughter, and I ate here for my birthday dinner. We originally tried to get a reservation at Ruth's Chris or Flemings, but due to the Valentine's Day weekend crowd, we couldn't get into either of those. I've always loved Massimo's, but I just forget that it's an option. I'm so glad I remembered it this time!! My husband and I both had the New York Strip special. It was perfect! Sliced thin on a bed of mushroom risotto with crumbles of gorgonzola - yum! My daughter had the Carbonara, and she loved it, too. She and I shared a side of brussel sprouts (cuz we're a little obsessed with the things!) Will definitely keep Massimo's in the forefront of my mind from now on. Truly a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Romantic Valentines DinnerBDollarDined on 2/14/2014The food, service and ambiance were perfect. We had salmon oscar and rack of lamb, both were perfectly cooked and delicious. The service was very attentive, we had a nice window seat, and the live piano provided the perfect soundtrack for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/13/2014This was our third dinner in the past 5 months and each time seemed better than the last. Delightful staff & service, the starters, salads, entrees & desserts all delicious. Look forward to the next trip in! There is a reason this gem has stood up to the test of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodlove2eatoutDined on 2/5/2014If you want an excellent Italian meal this place can not be beat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!hukilauDined on 2/1/2014Our food was fantastic! Truffle ravioli was great. Drinks were also good. Atmosphere was a little louder and boisterous than we had anticipated, especially on a late Sunday night. But loved the food and service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!tazmom9Dined on 1/25/2014We go to Massimo's a couple of times a year, and always have great food and great service.Special Features:
- Outstanding meal and service.BFoxDined on 1/17/2014Despite living in the east bay for more than 20 years, this is the first time we been to Massimo's. It will not be the last. Wife had the Veal Piccata - which we both agreed was among the best we've ever had. We shared the iceberg wedge salad. It came with a creamy Italian dressing that was quite unique and very delicious. I had the porcini and black truffle ravioli - it was good, though I thought the sauce was a little heavy. We also got the fritti misti (fried calamari and shrimp) - pretty standard (I'm not a big fan of fried food). Though we dipped it in our remaining salad dressing - and that was very tasty. Service was excellent. Our waiter Tim was very friendly and knowledgeable (I would definitely ask for him).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great classic restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2014Excellent food and service. Took the parents here. Best place in WC I think.Special Features:
- Great food/menutammyDined on 1/7/2014Good choices for all tastes on the menu. Very tasty and well seasoned. Hard to find a good American restaurant in W Creek, nowadays. So, we enjoyed it very much. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Yet another great experiencemkeehanDined on 1/3/2014My husband and I have been coming to Massimo's for over ten years now. We always receive great service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect...57raiderDined on 12/31/2013We booked Massimo for the 4th straight time to spend our New Years Eve celebration and everything was perfect. Starting with getting our favorite table for the entire night, the food, the dancing and midnight celebration, and mostly our wonderful server Shawna and our gracious host Max.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.