Masselow's - Northern Quest Resort & Casino
100 N. Hayford Rd
Airway Heights, WA 99001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Masselow's - Northern Quest Resort & Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.northernquest.com/dining/masselows
- Phone: 5094816020x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily / 7am - 12pm (Noon)
Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday / 5-10pm; Sunday / 4-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bob Rogers - Chef de Cusine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room for up to 10 people available.
- Private Party Contact: Bob Rogers 5094816020x
A word from Masselow's - Northern Quest Resort & Casino
Masselow’s Restaurant is a fine dining restaurant offering Northwest contemporary cuisine. It seats up to 144 guests and offers private dining options for groups up to 10. Masselow's Restaurant guests will be greeted in Salish, the language of area tribes, including that of the Kalispels. Tribal culture and history is infused throughout Masselow's Restaurant, reflected in the décor, service and experience guests will enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Masselow's - Northern Quest Resort & Casino - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Masselow's - Northern Quest Resort & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (42)romantic (29)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (8)great for brunch (6)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014This out of my 49 years was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. The food was awful and the prices were outrageous. The fact they were pushing wine on us was unprofessional. I will never go back to this place. Terrible
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014For the price, the food is not as good as it should be and the menu seemed quite limited. There were too many items with butternut squash in them and the wait staff was trained to highlight items such as 3 tiny pats of european-churned butter. The cucumber mojito was excellent. The smoked salmon appetizer potion was miniscule but tasted ok. We chose Masselow's for our 40th anniversary and having eaten here once before, we were very disappointed meal-wise.Special Features:
- No record of online reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014When we arrived they did not have a record of the reservation made and confirmed online but the restaraunt was very accommodating. Awesome food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/21/2014Whenever we have business in Spokane, we stay at the Northern Quest Hotel. The rooms are very nice and the best part is dinner at Masselow's. The interior is very Pacific Northwest inspired - lots of natural wood and historic photos of the Kalispell tribe. It is quiet, the tables for two private, the service friendly but not overpowering and the food is spectacular. The combination of flavors is unique but not forced. Portions are generous but not so huge that you can't eat an appetizer and main. We aren't dessert eaters, so can't comment on those. The Dungeness pasta contained the meat from 10 whole claws, fresh pasta and a light butter sauce. The dominant flavor was crab. All in all a perfect meal.Special Features:
- world class restaurantseafoodloverDined on 8/15/2014I had dinner at Masselow's (and breakfast the next day). Both times the service and food choices and quality were outstanding! Good portion sizes of world class entree creations at a reasonable price. Very attentive personnel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MauiVIPDined on 8/10/2014A real disappointment, service was really slow. Food was only fair to poor.
- Sunday Night DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014While the food was great, prices were on the high end for an average atmosphere.
- Dinner# MasselowsGandEdinersDined on 8/7/2014great food---wonderful service--great and caring manager--had a memorable 34th anniversary dinner--everything was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining ExperienceFabulousDined on 8/6/2014The menu was a glorious selection of items not found every day. The mid week special at $35 a person was a hit with our friends. The service was far and beyond excellent and extremely attentive -- but not intrusive. The drinks were above par. The meal was a glorious artful presentation and deliciously delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeerdonniedeerDined on 7/29/2014Dinner tonites in a row .. Everything was wonderful. Will be back.Special Features:
- Luke warm foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014It really irks me when a high-end restaurant brings luke warm food to a diner. I mean seriously, that's the chef's job is to serve hot, delicious food! I was offered to have my scallops heated, but after that, we virtually saw no one until it was time for dessert and in my experience if something is not up to par, at least offer some compensation or maybe a dessert on the house. Nothing was offered. Also, $46 - $53 for a steak is a bit over the top. Plus, the server hadn't asked if it was a special occasion, which is asked at many other restaurants, and it was, which made this experience even less inviting to decide to dine there again.Special Features:
- great experiencebday22Dined on 7/23/2014Thank you so very much for making my girlfriend's birthday celebration even more memorable! The service was outstanding. It would have made a nice extra touch if our server offered to grind pepper onto our salad instead of saying it's on the tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badluv2eatDined on 7/17/2014We had heard several ads on TV about Masselow's and were very excited to go. Unfortunately it did not live up to our expectations. I ordered a New York Steak and it had several pieces of gristle in it. My husband ordered the Wild Salmon and it was over cooked and not much taste. The bread was delicious and our server was very good. We also had the date pear salad and it was also very good. But I just feel over all it would be hard for us to recommend this restaurant.
- Great Wine ListStefDined on 7/13/2014Food and atmosphere was nice. Wine list was very well curated. Will return!Special Features:
- WilliamDined on 7/3/2014We keep returning to Masselow's for an always outstanding evening. The food, the atmosphere, the attentive staff all make for an memorable experience. We, also, really enjoy using Open Table for out reservations.Special Features:
- OutstandingcapnhallDined on 7/2/2014Outstanding in every aspect. We selected Masselow's for a celebratory dinner because it was the only fine dining restaurant in the area. Liked it so much that we returned for breakfast the following two days. Looking forward to our next visit to the area in the near future and another excellent dining experience at Masselow's.Special Features:
- Great Night Out...Will Be BackhockeyceejDined on 6/28/2014Spent our 28th anniversay at Masselow's. Didn't have high expectations going in, only because previous attempts at anniversary dinners has been a disaster. Masselow's broke our streak!! The ambiance was great...the seating was such that we felt completelysecluded and could enjoy each other's company without distraction. The food was very good, not great and that may have been our choices. The Coup De Grace was our server...Cory. He had some different idiosyncracies but that was what made him so special...He was very attentive without being bothersome and his serving skills were unmatched in Spokane. We thoroughly enjoyed our time and will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Anniversary DinnerBarbDined on 6/28/2014We were celebrating my parents 69th anniversary. The restaurant is beautiful - a little dark for old people! ha We were greeted, seated and served by absolutely exceptional staff. The menu is unique...each of us had a different item. Seafood was very fresh and artfully presented. We had bananas foster for dessert - prepared tableside and was delicious! A perfect special celebration!!Special Features:
- Gem in Spokane areahappyfoodieDined on 6/27/2014I had not been to Masselow's before. A number of people had recommended it so when we had a special occasion, we decided to try it. It was a very positive experience from the first moment. We were seated quickly, attended by the wait staff as we were being seated and provided with excellent recommendations. Our meals were well prepared and delightful. Ongoing service through out the meal was timely but not distracting.Special Features:
- RickODined on 6/26/2014great dinning experience. The food is the best you will find in the Inland Empire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CowboyDined on 6/25/2014The food was marvelous and the staff went above and beyond to ensure our special night was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014I went there once, and I wil definitely be back. The service was great. The food was great. It was well worth the price. I bragged about how good the food was with every bite I took. I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough BisonluvfoodDined on 6/15/2014My husband and I have been to Masselow's several times - whenever we are in the Spokane area. It has always been wonderful. My only complaint this time was my entree. I ordered the Bison Rib Eye, as I love red meat. The flavor was great, however, it was VERY fatty and lots of gristle, to the point I couldn't cut it with the steak knife. I did not send it back, as there was plenty to eat. My husband had the lamb chops and they were wonderful. We will return on our next visit to the area, as we like the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fresh!GoodfoodDined on 6/7/2014Our server was very friendly and prompt. The food was delicious and very fresh. Everything on the menu is made right there in the kitchen from bread to salad dressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- E for Exceptional!CooperDined on 6/6/2014We dined at Masselow's to celebrate our anniversary. We anticipated a nice atmosphere, good service and well-prepared food. The restaurant was very quiet...we felt like we were the only ones there. Every member of the staff was truly professional in appearance and demeanor, and each greeted us and checked up on us during our meal. The Caesar salad and the Pear, Fig and Almond Salad were both quite tasty. Our meals (Bison Ribeye and Veal Piccatta) were excellently prepared, beautifully presented and wonderful to eat! The Chocolate Oblivion dessert was small, but rich...a wonderful end to a fabulous meal. We are still talking about our fabulous experience 2 days later. Thanks for a very wonderful private celebration!Special Features:
- whoopswoodyswoes1Dined on 6/1/2014My only complaint would be about the soft shell crab dinners that two of us ordered and it was the primary reason we came to Maslows. they were not good. Way over cooked, the sauce was super salty, it just was not the treat we expected. With out a doubt the worst soft shell crab dinner we've had. All the other dinners were wonderful, lamb, saffron shrimp, filet steak (2), the appetizers etc. Anyway enough said. We'll be back but on tip toes and looking for chef's suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the bison steak!VAGirlDined on 5/31/2014We've been here three times. My guy orders the bison steak every time & it is always fantastic! I go back & fourth between the salmon & the bison myself. Always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary RestaurantbwardDined on 5/30/2014My wife and I celebrated our 22nd anniversary at Masselow's. The food and service were top-notch and we were thoroughly satisfied. I ordered the Bison Prime Rib and my wife ordered the Prawns in Saffron. My steak was excellent, but (I know this will sound like a strange compliment for a steak dinner) the mashed potatoes were the best potatoes I've ever had in my life. When I mentioned it to my wife she asked for a bite and completely agrees with me. My compliments to the chef and staff at Masselow's for making our anniversary special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014Professional, but friendly, not stuffy. Food was amazing. Midweek menu is a great value. Perfect for SpokaneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014We had an excellent family dining experience. Enjoyed the surrounding elegance. The food was perfectly done and the salmon chowder was just dynamic! (both taste and presentation.) The servers were warm and friendly and their service exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MassleowsVADpersonDined on 5/14/2014The experience was quite good.... I had the midweek special and it was tasty i would have just enjoyed it more if there were more entree options because i was not fond of my choices.Special Features:
- WonderfullovedmasselowsDined on 5/11/2014This was our first time at Masselow's. I took my 85 year old Mother there for Mother's Day. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Great food, beautiful atmosphere and wonderful service. Will definitely go back. It was so easy to make a reservation on line. We checked the menu ahead of time and already knew what we wanted to order.Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014This was our first time for Mothers Day brunch. We'd been going to Twigs and Clinkendagger but no longer. This was truly an exceptional experience for all of us!!! There were 8 of us and we all had an amazing time, amazing food and service. I loved the way it was set up with an entree and salad/cheese/dessert bar. This will our final destination for all holidays at this point. We'd been for dinner 3 times now and have always been very pleased but this was our first brunch. I can't write enough good things to cover our experience which was very special.Special Features:
- Great environment for Mother's DayEllis21Dined on 5/11/2014The mother's day brunch was great. You walk into the restaurant and you get the feeling that you are in an upscale place. The brunch was great, but the entrees did not live up to the hype. I am an Egg Benedict person all day everyday when it comes to breakfast, but the Masselow's Benedict did not live up to my expectations for this type of eatery. The hollandaise sauce was average at best. It really lacked any punch and resembled something more than an IHOP pre-made hollandaise. The muffin that the benedict was served on was stale like it was made for the previous weekend's brunch. My wife had the crab omelette and her experience was much like mine. The meal seems flavorless like it was under seasoned.Special Features:
- Happy mothers day!yummyDined on 5/11/2014I had made a breakfast reservation for a party of 8. Not only did they meet my expectations, but went well above and beyond. We had our own private dining room. Which was fabulous for the kids. We ate amazing food and were well taken care of! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedCouleeDined on 5/10/2014The portions were a bit small for the price, but the quality of the food was outstanding! Being able to book a table online is also a plus. I would highly recommend this establishment to people looking for somewhere upscale to go for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Best Breakfast!shiningstellaDined on 5/10/2014Took my husband's mom and dad there for an early Mom's day. Our waitress was awesome, the food was excellent, the atmosphere was very conducive to chatting. My husband and i had never been there and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The amount of food was phenomenal...very deceiving in the bowls. My husband didn't think he was going to have enough...but he was fooled! We most certainly will be back...hopefully for dinner next time!Special Features:
- The following 170 reviews are from the Masselow's - Northern Quest Resort & Casino reviews archive.
- Dry pork porterhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Food was generally very good except for the pork porterhouse (apparently new on the menu) which was extremely dry and relatively flavorless. Everything else was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST MEAL IN ALL OF SPOKANE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014I've traveled this world and have had the experience of experiencing fine dining all over the globe and I can honestly say that Masselow's meal was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Their corn-fed, sirloin steak may well be the BEST piece of meat I've ever consumed. Bravo Masselow's! I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who would like a meal fit for a king!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!LyndseyDined on 4/12/2014We were out at Northern Quest celebrating a birthday and had a wonderful experience at Masselow's. Several in our party are self-professed foodies and wine lovers and Masselow's exceeded our expectations by miles! The presentation of the food was beautiful, enhancing the experience. Each course was better than the one before. I had the lamb chops and they were divine! The service was phenomenal and made the evening perfect! Especially since our server was very knowledgeable, and had a sense of pride about working there. We also had breakfast there the following morning and had a second great experience. You can really tell that the staff care about making the experience pleasurable. Best restaurant in the Inland Northwest!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.