Masselow's - Northern Quest Resort & Casino
100 N. Hayford Rd
Airway Heights, WA 99001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Masselow's - Northern Quest Resort & Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.northernquest.com/dining/masselows
- Phone: (509) 481-6020
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily / 7am - 12pm (Noon)
Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday / 5-10pm; Sunday / 4-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bob Rogers - Chef de Cusine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room for up to 10 people available.
- Private Party Contact: Bob Rogers 5094816020x
A word from Masselow's - Northern Quest Resort & Casino
Masselow’s Restaurant is a fine dining restaurant offering Northwest contemporary cuisine. It seats up to 144 guests and offers private dining options for groups up to 10. Masselow's Restaurant guests will be greeted in Salish, the language of area tribes, including that of the Kalispels. Tribal culture and history is infused throughout Masselow's Restaurant, reflected in the décor, service and experience guests will enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Masselow's - Northern Quest Resort & Casino - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Masselow's - Northern Quest Resort & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (40)notable wine list (25)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (13)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not a gamble!billster6809Dined on 11/21/2014This restaurant may be at a casino, but eating at Masselow's is a sure bet. The food was outstanding and the service perfect. We brought a very expensive wine which turned out to be present on their wine list. This can cause frowns at some places. Here...no problem. We just had to pay the usual corkage of $15. Our server, Cory, was informative, honest, and present when we needed him (and not otherwise!) Pretty much a perfect evening. This was our first time at Masselow's, even though we only live a half-dozen miles away. We're just not the gambling type. But we will definitely be back for the guaranteed returns!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner we have ever had!!!MissyDined on 11/16/2014Our experience was wonderful! It was the best dinner my husband and I have ever had. We loved the environment and we especially loved Cory's kind spirt:) we will defenitly come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014I went to Masselows for the first time for my B-Day dinner with a group of friends. Our experience was great, we had great service and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just for dinnerDannacDined on 11/11/2014We had a wonderful breakfast with the family. Everything from the Crab Benedict to the Huckleberry French Toast was absolutely delicious. I highly recommend reservations, even for breakfast, so the staff will be ready for your arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to GreatMrStonesDined on 11/2/2014I think I was put off because we had to wait a half hour past our reservation time because of a concert happening at the casino. I thought the food was very good, but I was expecting great...the service was good but I was expecting great. Nice place though and I would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Wonderful steaksRegardlessDined on 11/1/2014First time to this wonderful gem of airway heights, rivals the best steakhouses of the state. Lacked a large variety of dishes and cuts but was made up for ten fold in quality. Will be back again forsure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halloween 20142jaxDined on 10/31/2014The atmosphere was sophisticated although a little too dimly lit for my taste. The cocktails were well crafted and the wine list extensive. I had the veal piccata and it was very good but not something I would order again. My husband's New York strip steak however was on par with any we have had from the national premier steak house chains. The sweet rolls did not do justice to the trio of slow churned flavored butters offered prior to the meal. I would definitely have the French pressed espresso after dinner. It was elegantly served with all the acoutraments. The service was friendly but not as good as I would expect given the price point of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casino DiningFWriter1Dined on 10/30/2014We were a group of five and they had a Prix Fixe menu with about 4 choices on each course which was nice and a good value and Kudos at $40 per person. I felt like the service was a little weak. They had plenty of staff but seemed to not be well trained. Example, didn't now anything about wine and didn't really explain or know the menu that well. The food offerings on the menu seemed to be tired and unfocused. It's some of Native American, some Northwest, some steakhouse some etc. It could be better. But most of the food was well prepared though not very imaginative for a 4 diamond restaurant. But, I would have to recommend as one of the better restaurants in the Spokane area overall and very good for a non Vegas casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Ordered a $55.00 filet medium rare. Came well done. Overpriced for the quality of food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Absolutely wonderful! It was our 40th wedding anniversary and everything was great from the staff to to the food. Will recommend to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonDined on 10/24/2014The food and service were amazing! Perfect for girls night out. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zeek21Dined on 10/24/2014Took my wife for her b-day best dinning experience ever! We will come back many times!Special Features:
- Great atmosphereMMD66Dined on 10/19/2014We've come to Masslowe's a number of times and it never disappoints. The staff are Amazing and the good is unique and flavorful. The wine selection is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!WilliamDined on 10/16/2014We always enjoy our visits to Masselow's. Each time gets better just when we think it could not be any better. Their staff is amazing. Corey (we always ask for him for our table) and Eric make everyone feel so special. It is definitely our "go to" spot when we want a special evening. Thank you!Special Features:
- Magnificent again!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014We love eating at Masselow's whenever we are in Spokane. The service is always amazing and the food to die for...its hard to decide which dishes to have! Thanks again to the wonderful staff, management and chefs!Special Features:
- super menuCaliforniaExpatDined on 10/9/2014We have dined several times at this restuarant. The menu is always great, and the food ialways deserves 5 stars! Had a birthday celebration, and was given flourless chocolate cake with Happy Birthday written in chocolate on the plate rim. Service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerMixyDined on 10/9/2014Our dinner was excellent. Steak was cooked to order and Chicken was delicious. Cheese plate sampler was a great starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Wonderful service and great ambiance, a perfect night for two couples who wanted to catch up.Special Features:
- Went to the Terry Fator showAmeliasNightOutDined on 10/4/2014Nice dining experience prior to the show. Excellent food and friendly service. You might pass to the folks who plan the shows. Our seats were blocked by a motorized wheelchair in the aisle. I realize these folks want to see the show too but not at the expense of your other guests. The wheelchair was partially blocking the aisle and could be a possible firehazard. Suggest you ask when reservations are made if show attendees have any special needs and provide seating that doesn't block other show goers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Great specialty cocktails! The waitstaff were knowedgable and really friendly. They made our special evening feel like one of a kind. The food could have been executed a tad bit better but that is just holding them to a really high standard. Great expierence.Special Features:
- Very good, not greatSuzsReviewDined on 9/26/2014Main dishes were small. I ordered the crab fettuccine. There was approximately 8 pieces of crab around two inches long, which was plenty, and about 5 total strips of spinach pasta which was very minimal, left me wanting more for my $36.00. I would probably return though I believe there are probably other choices in Spokanne for better fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinersdelightDined on 9/21/2014A very special,delightful dining experience with wonderful wines and wonderful food.Very friendly,efficient staff that made you feel immediately welcome and comfortable.Special Features:
- Unexpected gemFlambefanDined on 9/21/2014Didn't expect to find food this good locally especially at the local casino. Staff was wonderful and food as good as I've had anywhere recently.Special Features:
- Mediocracy all aroundlove2eatDined on 9/19/2014Waitress didn't know what she was doing, and her assistant was rude. There were kids/babies crying, which normally wouldn't bother me, but in a place like this, I feel that they should be left at home. Maybe that's just me. The food was decent but not worth the price. Overall I would say 5 out of 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awfulsteeler22210Dined on 8/30/2014This out of my 49 years was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. The food was awful and the prices were outrageous. The fact they were pushing wine on us was unprofessional. I will never go back to this place. Terrible
- One of the best meals I have hadMB27Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and I dined at Masselows for our 3rd Wedding Anniversary - best choice that I have made in terms of dinner plans! One thing I appreciated was that they did have a bunch of hub-bub around why we were there, we were told 'congratulations' and there was no scene, which we appreciated. The food was amazing - presentation, portion size, and taste. The service was the same - multiple staff waited on us and the Manager was constantly overseeing every aspect to ensure that we (and the tables around us) had the best dining experience. I have eaten at Morton's and Chart House - by far the best steak that I have eaten / seen came from this experience at Masselows. It is worth every penny and we will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014For the price, the food is not as good as it should be and the menu seemed quite limited. There were too many items with butternut squash in them and the wait staff was trained to highlight items such as 3 tiny pats of european-churned butter. The cucumber mojito was excellent. The smoked salmon appetizer potion was miniscule but tasted ok. We chose Masselow's for our 40th anniversary and having eaten here once before, we were very disappointed meal-wise.Special Features:
- No record of online reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014When we arrived they did not have a record of the reservation made and confirmed online but the restaraunt was very accommodating. Awesome food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/21/2014Whenever we have business in Spokane, we stay at the Northern Quest Hotel. The rooms are very nice and the best part is dinner at Masselow's. The interior is very Pacific Northwest inspired - lots of natural wood and historic photos of the Kalispell tribe. It is quiet, the tables for two private, the service friendly but not overpowering and the food is spectacular. The combination of flavors is unique but not forced. Portions are generous but not so huge that you can't eat an appetizer and main. We aren't dessert eaters, so can't comment on those. The Dungeness pasta contained the meat from 10 whole claws, fresh pasta and a light butter sauce. The dominant flavor was crab. All in all a perfect meal.Special Features:
- world class restaurantseafoodloverDined on 8/15/2014I had dinner at Masselow's (and breakfast the next day). Both times the service and food choices and quality were outstanding! Good portion sizes of world class entree creations at a reasonable price. Very attentive personnel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MauiVIPDined on 8/10/2014A real disappointment, service was really slow. Food was only fair to poor.
- Sunday Night DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014While the food was great, prices were on the high end for an average atmosphere.
- Dinner# MasselowsGandEdinersDined on 8/7/2014great food---wonderful service--great and caring manager--had a memorable 34th anniversary dinner--everything was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining ExperienceFabulousDined on 8/6/2014The menu was a glorious selection of items not found every day. The mid week special at $35 a person was a hit with our friends. The service was far and beyond excellent and extremely attentive -- but not intrusive. The drinks were above par. The meal was a glorious artful presentation and deliciously delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeerdonniedeerDined on 7/29/2014Dinner tonites in a row .. Everything was wonderful. Will be back.Special Features:
- The following 197 reviews are from the Masselow's - Northern Quest Resort & Casino reviews archive.
- Luke warm foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014It really irks me when a high-end restaurant brings luke warm food to a diner. I mean seriously, that's the chef's job is to serve hot, delicious food! I was offered to have my scallops heated, but after that, we virtually saw no one until it was time for dessert and in my experience if something is not up to par, at least offer some compensation or maybe a dessert on the house. Nothing was offered. Also, $46 - $53 for a steak is a bit over the top. Plus, the server hadn't asked if it was a special occasion, which is asked at many other restaurants, and it was, which made this experience even less inviting to decide to dine there again.Special Features:
- great experiencebday22Dined on 7/23/2014Thank you so very much for making my girlfriend's birthday celebration even more memorable! The service was outstanding. It would have made a nice extra touch if our server offered to grind pepper onto our salad instead of saying it's on the tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badluv2eatDined on 7/17/2014We had heard several ads on TV about Masselow's and were very excited to go. Unfortunately it did not live up to our expectations. I ordered a New York Steak and it had several pieces of gristle in it. My husband ordered the Wild Salmon and it was over cooked and not much taste. The bread was delicious and our server was very good. We also had the date pear salad and it was also very good. But I just feel over all it would be hard for us to recommend this restaurant.
- Great Wine ListStefDined on 7/13/2014Food and atmosphere was nice. Wine list was very well curated. Will return!Special Features:
- WilliamDined on 7/3/2014We keep returning to Masselow's for an always outstanding evening. The food, the atmosphere, the attentive staff all make for an memorable experience. We, also, really enjoy using Open Table for out reservations.Special Features: