Massa' Coastal Italian Cuisine
599 East Boston Post Road
Mamaroneck, NY 10543Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Massa' Coastal Italian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.massacoastal.com/
- Phone: 9147323535x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 10:30pm
Saturday 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm (After Labor Day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Francesco Coli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: In house and off site catering available. For more information please visit massacatering.com
- Entertainment: Acoustic Guitar Friday Nights 8 pm - 11 pm
- Special Events: Wine Dinner 1st Monday of each month.
A word from Massa' Coastal Italian Cuisine
Let our Italian heritage and food expertise meet your taste buds here at Massa’ Coastal Italian Cuisine where a wide variety of fresh whole fish and shellfish flown in from Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal are prepared to perfection and your delight. We incorporate our American culture on our menu with American seafood varieties as well. Whether you prefer Italian sea bass, also known as Branzino, from the Mediterranean, East and West Coast oysters, manila clams, Maine lobster, or Bigeye tuna, we provide endless options and tasty results.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Massa' Coastal Italian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (7)good for groups (6)hot spot (5)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Terrific FoodFaiarVIPDined on 9/20/2014I love the food here I've been here 4 times and each time its been great! the olives on the table, the dover sole, the fish in paper, the masa salad, the orrato, the red wine service is warm warm and friendlySpecial Features:
- Very good!SuzicakesVIPDined on 9/5/2014Third time and the food is still very good! I was happy to see that they were pretty busy. I think Massa is an excellent addition to the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014First time eating at Massa. Everything was right about the experience. Dinner was excellent, everything was flavorful and prepared properly. The atmosphere is welcoming , simply decorated but very attractive. We had great service from Vinny. The infused vodka was a nice cocktail, they do it themselves. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/16/2014service was very good -- also very noisy -- food was average -- ordered steak medium rare -- was medium -- did not complainSpecial Features:
- thefridaygroupVIPDined on 8/15/2014Sorry, but we we felt the food, service and ambience was good, but not great certainly given the prices, which were much more expensive then reflected in the OpenTable listing. It was a $44/person meal for just a glass of wine and main course, which comes with mediocre zucchini and two potatoe croquettes. We will not be back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/12/2014Excellent, fresh food. Full menu. Outstanding service. Comfortable dining space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014just recommended Massa to my grown children and they LOVE it. Food is always good and service is personal and great. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- Nice lunch dateGabdinesDined on 8/8/2014My fiance and I dined here for lunch last week. Wonderful pre fixe lunch menu. Great wine and very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FishOnlygoodfood4meVIPDined on 8/2/2014But don't arrive early for your reservation on a Saturday night; you WON'T get seated until your reserved time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- way too loud!foodiesVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was fair eggplant appetizer lukewarm, grilled octopus over beans and greens was swimming in oily broth. Swordfish entree was good generous portion but pappardelle with ragu was unimpressive. The service was brisk to the point of uncomfrotable - the waiters bumped my chair more times than I could recall and they seemed rushed and out breath - a big no-no in the food industry. The noise level is what will prevent us from going back again! Loud does not begin to describe it - had to scream to my companion to be heard. It was not a relaxing atmosphere and we didn't even think to linger over another glass of wine as we just wanted to leave. Please get sound-proofing!Special Features:
- DelightfulCris101Dined on 7/28/2014Wonderful dinner. Appetizers delicious. Entree's were outstanding. Francesco welcomed us with open arms and prepared an outrageous meal for us. We cannot wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/28/2014I've now been to Massa' on several occasions and I'm happy to say it's always a great experience. The food is delicious. The owner and servers are extremely knowledgeable and welcoming. The wine list is extremely impressive. Definitely try the octopus and tuna crudo!Special Features:
- Great FoodnexttimedownDined on 7/22/2014The food was excellent and very fresh. The grilled octopus appetizer is amazing and the spaghetti with crab meat is delicious too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AHoffmanDined on 7/2/2014I had an amazing time at Massa. The food is absolutely incredible, the grilled octopus is out of this world! For an entree I had the swordfish and it brought me right back to a night on the Medi Coast.. just amazing flavors, fresh ingredients and a team who knows exactly what they are doing. The service was top notch, very attentive staff, extremely knowledgable, friendly (funny!) and an all around wonderful experience. I will defintley be back and can't wait to explore the menu some more. (Very well priced too, I would take in-laws, co-works, friends, or refer any clients here! :) ENJOY! - and try the octopus! and Swordfish... OH and the zeppoles, how could I forget... with nutella!)Special Features:
- excellent again!SuzicakesVIPDined on 6/25/2014This was our second time to Massa and we were not disappointed. It was a Wed. night (after graduation!) and the restaurant was not busy but the food was great and the service was very nice. The first time I went it was quite crowded and the noise level was very high. This time it was very quiet since it wasn't so crowded. The food was really lovely. They are very adept at preparing fish. The dover sole was outstanding as was everything we ate. It is a very pretty restaurant! I think we will become regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a find for Mamaroneck FINALLY!FoodiefindVIPDined on 6/19/2014Yes, finally there is a very good restaurant in Mamaroneck. Food was fresh and prepared beautifully . I had the grilled Branzino. It was perfectly diner. Only improvement could be not over cooking the string beans. The potato croquettes were creamy on the inside and crisp on the outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/7/2014Amazing! The food is delicious. The service is excellent. Love going to Massa' for dinner or even just a drink at the bar. It's always a pleasant, enjoyable experience. The wait staff is so friendly and welcoming and the food is out of this world. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- A winnerFoodieVIPDined on 6/6/2014Was not a fan of previous restaurant, but hit it on the nose this time with wonderful fish, service and location.Special Features:
- HerbwymVIPDined on 6/4/2014Another great dining experience, superb service, superb branzino, will be regularSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/2/2014Great food, great ambiance, friendly service. A really great place. Love that they have valet parkingSpecial Features:
- YummyVIPDined on 5/27/2014Wonderful as his previous restaurant was. The food was great as I love soft shell crabs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 16 reviews are from the Massa' Coastal Italian Cuisine reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/21/2014Delicious cuisine! The place is beautiful, cozy and charming. It lives up to Massa's reputation. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- New location, much improved!SuzicakesVIPDined on 5/17/2014I think Francesco finally understands what it takes to make his customers happy and wanting to return again and again -(I don't mean that to be condescending at all). Beautiful space, very good food and very friendly service. He was everywhere and very hands on from greeting to taking orders. We waited quite a long time for the main courses and I guess because of that he sent over 3 very nice desserts on the house. He also sent us away with a bottle of EVOO from his land in Puglia. While you can't do that all the time if you treat people right they will come back and that is a fact. Good job on the new place and I wish them the best of luck in their new venture.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HerbwymVIPDined on 5/3/2014Food absolutely superb, service outstanding, our only problem on Sat night was the crowding and the very high noise level. But worth it and will go backSpecial Features:
- LOVE Massa' Coastal!FussyDinersDined on 5/3/2014We've been twice, and we now have plans to go back with our kids and a large group of friends. The star is definitely the eclectic, impeccably prepared seafood. We can't say enough good things about it. Perfetto. Massa' Coastal also has a festive ambiance--warm, hospital, and fun. Long live Massa' Coastal!Special Features:
- Reservations be damnedJeberamaDined on 4/26/2014There is no rational excuse for being made to wait 45 minutes for a table when you have a reservation. The food is not that good that it would explain the wait. The only explanation is that the restaurant is trying to pack in as many diners as possible. Understandable - they want to profit, but don't seat non-reservations before reservations. The food is fine, Northern Italian, standard. The service was good.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & ServiceelliegDined on 4/25/2014This restaurant is very nice inside - a bit on the small side - tables are fairly close to the bar. The wait staff is knowledgeable and friendly - service is excellent. Food is a bit pricey but very good.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014Made reservation through Opentable. When we got there it was obvious that we had to wait. We were not seated until after 9 pm, however we were prompted to the bar where we waited 5 to 10 minutes to get a drink. Owner/chef greeted us to drinks, at no charge and apologized for the wait several times. Gracious waiter. Excellent food. Overall very good experience despite the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad they're back..................OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014So glad that the Coli family has returned to "our neighborhood". The food was delicious and everything was just wonderful. Am looking forward to returning and enjoying another wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new addition to the areajpnyDined on 4/10/2014Food is very good both the seafood and the pasta. Portions are right sized.Special Features:
- Food was delicious and theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/28/2014Food was delicious and the staff was so warm and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Ambiance, but...CJMCVIPDined on 3/21/2014The dining room is very elegant; the guitar player on Friday nights adds to the friendly upbeat atmosphere. The young lady at the door is really sweet and helpful, and the executive chef was great... The food was terrific, from the artichoke appetizer to the pasta with wild boar and the steak, it was all delicious ...unfortunately, the portion sizes were very small., so you may need to stop at the nearby McDonald's after dinner. Bottom line, if you are on a diet or weight 100 lbs and want to stay that way, it's a great find... I would really like to rate it with 5 stars because of the quality of the meals, and all the ambiance and nice people there, but leaving hungry knocks it down a couple of notches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my first visit was a muchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2014my first visit was a much more positive experience then the last!. In just a few short weeks i found the experience to have drastically declined. Food was mediocre and felt terribly rushed. Have to say, though, the service was gracious and attentive. Don't know if I'd return. It has now joined the ranks of the mid-end dining which is all too prevalent in westchester county. Consistency does not exist!
- Always an Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/7/2014Both the food and service were outstanding. The waitstaff was very attentive and polite. We were never without water or a drink. The food is absolutely incredible. The crudo is always fresh and delicious. We were fortunate enough to dine on an evening when they had red shrimp and langoustines as a special. Both of which were unbelievable. The entrees were just as delicious. I can't wait to go back. Highly, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Massa Coastal ItalianHokieVIPDined on 2/28/2014Service was slow. May have been 2 waiters. Food was good especially the fish. Waitstaff wanted to please. Live music with a guitar player added to the ambiance. Although, noise level inside was fairly high. There is valet parking. Overall, it was a good experience. They opened recently so probably getting out the kinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh delicious fish servedsolthedogVIPDined on 2/26/2014Fresh delicious fish served in a gem of a neighborhood restsurant. Gracious and personable staff Quality food in a relaxed and comfortable environment .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The "new" Massa' is excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014The "new" Massa' is excellent - even better than the old location in Scarsdale. Highly recommend!Special Features: