1753 Post Oak Blvd
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.masraffs.com/
- Phone: 7133551975
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dominic Juarez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ten years have passed since Russell&Tony Masraff first captured Houston’s attention by opening Masraff’s™ on Post Oak Lane and they've done it again with their new location on Post Oak Blvd. Voted one of the best upscale restaurants in town, they are now bringing the fine dining experience to your home or business. From a business luncheon to a private dinner, chef for an evening or a catered gala, you can count on the same quality of food and service that has made their restaurant such a success. Working in close partnership with their clients, they ensure everything is prepared to perfection
- Private Party Facilities: Chef's Room up to 20 people, Vintage Room up to 50 people, Balcony up to 60, Main Dining Room up to 70, Whole Restaurant up to 200. Please call for prices and availability
- Private Party Contact: Holly MacArevey 713-355-1975
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Wednesday evening through Saturday evening.
A word from Masraff's
Masraff's on Post Oak Blvd is a casually elegant upscale restaurant owned and operated by Houston restaurateurs, Tony and Russell Masraff. The restaurant has quickly become a local favorite with it's unique American cuisine and contemporary ambiance. Best described as American cuisine with a touch of Southern Europe, the seafood, fowl, homemade pastas, lamb, beef and seasonal game will satisfy the most discriminating diner. Soon after opening, Masraff's received stellar early reviews, including the prestigious three-star rating from the Houston Chronicle Dining Guide, as well as being named among the ten new restaurants on the culinary cutting edge in the US by The Wall Street Journal. For a delightful culinary experience, dine at the Chef's Table, where the Chef prepares a gourmet six -course dinner of his choosing. The Restaurant, which has recently moved to 1753 Post Oak Blvd from its former location at 1025 S.Post Oak Lane, seats over 200 for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Masraff's - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Masraff's reviews from OpenTable diners
269 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (182)fit for foodies (148)romantic (121)notable wine list (116)good for groups (69)neighborhood gem (54)hot spot (47)vibrant bar scene (44)great for lunch (40)great for brunch (14)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (10)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Very Good FishOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014We had the restaurant week special. One order of seared Big Eye Tuna served with Divers Scallops and one order of Hawaiian Swordfish. Both were excellent, however, one piece of the swordfish was under cooked. The waiter immediately removed my plate and returned with a fresh plate that was properly cooked. Also, the owner came to the table to insure that I was satisfied. Fish can be difficult to prepare. Too long and it will be dry and not enough and it will be difficult to cut or chew. I thought the fish was excellent and the serice took care of the preparation error with aplomb.Special Features:
- a very good mealdaveVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were seated promptly at our reservation time. We ordered from the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu. The food was excellent and the portions were reasonable. This was our first visit to Masraff's. Based on our positive experience, we will definitely return.
- Great spot for a special occasionSteveDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I enjoyed an outstanding dining experience for our 17th wedding anniversary. I noted in our open table reservation that dinner was a celebration of our anniversary and both the hostess and waiter helped make the evening feel extra special. We ordered off of the Restaurant Week menu and the food was excellent. Highly recommend the calamari appetizer (like having dessert before dinner), the seared diver scallops and the lamb. The chocolate fondant (and exceptional decaf) was a great way to cap it off. Tony Masraff took the time to visit every table to make sure everything was just right, definitely a nice touch.Special Features:
- Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had great service with a lot of attention without being intrusive. Outstanding food and the calamari is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerHuskerDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I went for our wedding anniversary. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and provided good advice. The food was excellent and the overall service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FridayChachoDined on 8/29/2014The food was very good and the presentation was on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazingsushisuzyDined on 8/27/2014Calamari steak appetizer was delicious. Salmon as well. Our server was so helpful with great suggestions. Everyone was happy with their choices. The bartender was great too recommending a new vodka I had never tried, Red, White and Blue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Dinner!JenHeartsHoustonVIPDined on 8/26/2014With our anniversary on a weeknight we decided to celebrate simply with a dinner and with it being Houston Restaurant Week we searched for a place we had not tried. Masraff's fit the bill! The food was nothing short of amazing. Such imaginative blends of flavors. The service was excellent and attentive. Overall a wonderful anniversary dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!primoDined on 8/25/2014We went for Restaurant Month. We chose to go there because their menu offered several and varied choices for our group of 6. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered, and we shared "bites" so we could all get a taste of different things. All excellent. The waiter was great about suggesting wine. He started with a rather expensive choice, but when we asked for a more "budget-friendly" option he asked a few questions about our preferences and then made a great choice for us. We had 3 bottles!Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!!!!runnerjanDined on 8/25/2014Exceeded our expectations in every aspect!! Wine. appetizers, entrees & dessert were super yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner experience!DaryledjsDined on 8/25/2014My friend and I returned to this restaurant for the Houston Restaurant Week menu and we were not disappointed. The food was superb and the service left nothing to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousluvnlifeVIPDined on 8/23/2014Steak was perfectly cooked and wonderful. Scallops very good. And don't miss the calamari appetizer! Wine list excellent in a wide price range. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food without flavorPOD8sDined on 8/23/2014Ordered Bison Ribeye and virtually no seasoning. I had to ask for salt & pepper to add flavor. Service staff very attentive and noisy level high due to restaurant layout.
- Never disappointsvolunteerDined on 8/23/2014Masraff's is consistently excellent in all ways a restaurant should be,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRW 2014JustMeDined on 8/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our HRW 2014 dinner here! Service was impeccable, and the food was amazing! I had the signature calamari dish (not to be missed!), the tuna and scallop duet, and the creme de caramel. All were outstanding! My husband had the bacon-wrapped quail, the lamb chops, and sorbet trio - I tasted all, of course, and they were wonderful as well. We will definitely keep Masraff's on our list of "go-to" restaurants for special date nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gracious service and excelent foodnibblesVIPDined on 8/23/2014Masraff's is fine dining-dishes are rich and sauced in a classic way-a very nice experience-on eof the owners always around to check on things--décor outstanding wine cellar is the best place to be seated--quieter--but look around as the décor is breath taking--the valet service is especially attentive--well done evening..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gr8 svc & excellent foodFood4thoughtDined on 8/22/2014Loved the server and it was a great pleasure to meet the owner in person. Fancy food without the fancy feel to it. Good down to Earth food with an upscale feel. Bartender gave me 1st Manhattan, and it was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dinner!PatriciamiaDined on 8/22/2014This air an amazing place. The food and the service was outstanding. You can also see The owner Tony walking around the tables ensuring everything is delivered to perfection. This place is a must in Houston.Special Features:
- AmazingBritsinhoustonDined on 8/22/2014New to Houston so chose as was close to apartment. Hadn't realised was HRW so nice bonus with that though understandably very busy. Food was out of this world and went off the servers recommendation. She was totally on the mark! Delish! And she was great too really nice and helpful! And charming too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSavyDined on 8/22/2014The food and service were exceptional. It was very crowded but everyone was very attentive. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weeks first tryBigStomachDined on 8/22/2014My friends and I have tried most of the dishes provided on restaurant weeks. Seafood dishes were very impressive, and the lamb was not bad either. They mixed up gin and bourbon in our cocktails, which tastes special but not delightful. The waiter was a little awkward that he checked on us by peeking around rather than asking. Overall we had a good time, and would like to know how it's like on a regular day compare to busy restaurant weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic mealOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/22/2014We had a memorable dinner. The food and service were among the best I've had in town. I will be back for the calamari and the creme caramel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerYummy21Dined on 8/22/2014Fabulous service and great food. Would def recommend. The donuts for dessert were to die for. Gumbo was just ok. The filet was great. Grilled calamari was fantastic.Special Features:
- Excellent overall experience!!beststeakintownDined on 8/22/2014Food and service were excellent!! Enjoyed the ambiance, and thought the waiters/servers were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently outstandingHBC02CDined on 8/22/2014For what will be our last trip to Houston before moving out-of-state, Masraff's was our no-brainer choice. The wild mushroom ravioli was--as always--outstanding. My wife's salmon was cooked exactly as she requested; my bison ribeye was perfectly medium rare. The wine list is a delight to explore and led us to discover a new (to us) malbec.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimpressive Birthday Dinnerbeatnavy78Dined on 8/22/2014We went to Masraff's recently to celebrate my wife's birthday. The restaurant was busy, active, and loud - a far cry from the intimate, romantic place I remembered when I visited their former location. The food was good, but not anything I would rave about, especially given the abundance of fancy, expensive establishments throughout Houston. Little attention was paid to my wife's special occasion, aside from an obligatory candle placed in her dessert. Although the atmosphere was more "exciting," it was not what I had anticipated. Probably won't be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great services!FoodLoveRDined on 8/20/2014My dinner dates was fun! We're all ordered three courses meal to support houston restaurant weekend. Seafood risotto was delicious. For main course I had lamb chops, it was awesome, very flavorful, great seasoning. And for dessert, I had warm chocolate fondant with vanilla ice Cream. Mr. Tony himself visited us at the table. FANTASTIC overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationspearlladyDined on 8/20/2014Everything was very inventive, creative & delicious. Perfectly cooked lamb, as requested. The grilled calamari is worth a detour ! I will definitely be returning. It was very crowded but the service was up to the challenge. Wine steward was particularly helpful.Special Features:
- Masraff's 08/19/2014luvfinediningDined on 8/19/2014My husband and I dined at Masraff's for our 19th Wedding Anniversary. The food was outstanding! We both had calamari as an appetizer and agreed was the best that we've had anywhere. I ordered the filet ( so tender that it almost melted in your mouth) and my husband had the lamb which was delicious as well. The portion sizes were very generous so by the time we got the creme brûlée as dessert , we were almost full (no complaints; rare problem to have at a restaurant). It was our anniversary. Our server surprised us with a divine chocolate dessert with ice cream and on the plate was written in chocolate the words "Happy Anniversary ". We were touched and thought it was such a sweet and kind gesture. We will be returning back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I hosted some friends from Atlanta for Houston Restaurant Month at Masraffs. The food selection was great and every course was perfect. Great taste, great presentation and good timing between courses. Highly recommend. The owner even stopped by our table to thank us for coming and dinning with them. Not too often you hear that these days!Special Features:
- Relaxing Fine DiningClassyRelaxedFineDiningDined on 8/19/2014Not too uptight and yet great service. I could see going there with a group of people and really enjoying it, or on a romantic date. The steak was absolutely wonderful although slightly salty (which I like), and the rest of the food was put together very well. The menu was not innovative because it is not that type of place, but they do classic food well.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014Thank you Masraff's and thank you to Tracey or our outstanding meal and service. We had a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Fabulous! Will go again!BizzyBeeDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I haven't been out for a nice romantic dinner in ages. It was nice to get dressed up to go into town and our dress matched the restaurant. It was very uptown and modern. The service was great and the food was better! As an added treat the owner came around and greeted guests. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!!Cp2014Dined on 8/16/2014We love coming to Masraff's every year for HRW! The menu, staff, service never disappoints!! Tony always comes around and talks to the guests which is so nice! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the perfect lamp chopjessDined on 8/16/2014Lamb chop was cooked to perfection. We were curious and ordered 4 different main but we all wished we ordered the lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shaky start but turned out niceWineNdineDined on 8/15/2014My boyfriend and I went to Masraff's for a nice, romantic dinner on a Friday night. We had a reservation and were seated quickly. We were initially seated outside in their side patio which was right off the bar and which was attired with patio seating...definitely not the romantic dinner we were expecting. My boyfriend went back up to the hostess stand and politely asked if we could be seated elsewhere. The hostess sat us in a much nicer location where there were multiple other open tables showing that they were not so busy as to have sat us in the only available location. While the rest of the dinner turned out nice, this definitely set an overtone to the evening. We will likely not return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceEnjoyDined on 8/15/2014Service was excellent. Food was very good. Overall a very nice experienceSpecial Features:
- Mimi929Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent....food and service..we will return....the owner came by our table adding a personal touch...niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting and divine calamariOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014The grilled calamari is amazing! I really enjoyed having Mr. Masraff great us - twice. A great restaurant is always further enhanced by a personal connection. Nice touch by a very classy gentleman.Special Features:
- Houston Restaurant week 8/2014islandgirlDined on 8/15/2014There are about 5 choices for each category: appetizers, entrees, and desserts. We had risotto, bacon wrapped quail breast, garlic seared calamari for appetizers. Off the menu the chef also added another entree: soft-shell crab tempura style served with various vegetables like that were offered with chicken breast. My husband did not like it. The tempura breading was very thick and the crab wasn't delicious. The other entrees: porcini laced Hawaiian swordfish (shutomi) and diver scallops with Hawaiian big eye tuna were absolutely well-done. Everything is cooked to perfection. For dessert we liked chocolate fondant and hot mini doughnuts. Overall we liked everything except the soft-shell crab. Service was attentive. We were very pleased.Special Features: