1753 Post Oak Blvd
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.masraffs.com/
- Phone: 7133551975x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Salgado & Jorge Pineda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Fifteen years have passed since Russell&Tony Masraff first captured Houston’s attention by opening Masraff’s™ on Post Oak Lane and they've done it again with their new location on Post Oak Blvd. Voted one of the best upscale restaurants in town, they are now bringing the fine dining experience to your home or business. From a business luncheon a private dinner, chef for an evening or a catered gala, you can count on the same quality of food & service that has made their restaurant such a success. Working in close partnership with their clients, they ensure everything is prepared to perfection
- Private Party Facilities: The Wine Cellar seats 42 guests (30 with Audio Visual)
Cellar North & Cellar South both seat 21 guests (12 with Audio Visual)
The Main Dining Rooms seats 80 guests
The Atrium seats 40 guests
The Gallery seats 70 guests (60 with Audio Visual)
The Gallery North seats 49 guests (34 with Audio Visual)
The Gallery South seats 28 guests (18 with Audio Visual)
The Entire Restaurant seats 200 guests ( or 350 reception style)
- Private Party Contact: Holly MacArevey 713-355-1975x
A word from Masraff's
Masraff's on Post Oak Blvd is a casually elegant upscale restaurant owned and operated by Houston restaurateurs, Tony and Russell Masraff. The restaurant has quickly become a local favorite with it's unique American cuisine and contemporary ambiance. Best described as American cuisine with a touch of Southern Europe, the seafood, fowl, homemade pastas, lamb, beef and seasonal game will satisfy the most discriminating diner. Soon after opening, Masraff's received stellar early reviews, including the prestigious three-star rating from the Houston Chronicle Dining Guide, as well as being named among the ten new restaurants on the culinary cutting edge in the US by The Wall Street Journal. For a delightful culinary experience, dine at the Chef's Table, where the Chef prepares a gourmet six -course dinner of his choosing. The Restaurant, which has recently moved to 1753 Post Oak Blvd from its former location at 1025 S.Post Oak Lane, seats over 200 for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Masraff's - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Masraff's reviews from OpenTable diners
289 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (198)fit for foodies (172)romantic (128)notable wine list (123)good for groups (87)hot spot (59)neighborhood gem (56)vibrant bar scene (53)great for lunch (51)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (14)late-night find (11)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Got it all wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/17/2014Whoever designed this restaurant clearly has a penchant for inexpensive business hotel lobby restaurants and Chinese noodle shops from the 90's. The food was very run of the mill and should not be confused with fine dining. The service was lackluster to say the least . We were brought a selection of vegetables that bore no resemblance to those we had been promised. One of the desserts was just simply not what we ordered at all. ( although it tasted good). The staff were friendly but a little "absent". Total miss , not worth expending a hall pass on.
- Tried something newOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I wanted to try someplace new for our anniversary and made a random pick based on reviews and menu items, choosing Masraff's. We were impressed with the atmosphere, service, and food and that the staff actually read the note on the online RSVP and wrote Happy Anniversary in chocolate on the plates or our desserts. Our waiter, David, was very attentive and personable and the meal was unrushed and delicious.Special Features:
- Patio perfectJulesVIPDined on 10/17/2014I dined at Masraff's for birthday lunch on the patio and the service and food was perfect! I was surprised being on Post Oak and yet noise was not a factor and the water wall was nice feature.Special Features:
- Lovely ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2014As always Masraf's does not fail to deliver on a wonderful experience. I look forward to going back again. Service and food are outstanding!Special Features:
- Service mixedk226VIPDined on 10/16/2014The owner came by and thanked us for our patronage in a very genuine way, which I thought was a really nice touch. The waiter though was hot and cold, first wanting to take our orders right after we sat down, then disappearing for a while when we were ready. Then it took a while to find him when we were ready to pay and go, which is not ideal for lunch. The food is very good and creatively prepared. As my guest noted, they did not skimp on the crab meat on the salad. It is perfectly complemented with the mango and white balsamic dressing. His special was an interesting layering of their signature risotto, then a perfectly cooked fish, with frisee on top.Special Features:
- Fantastic as always!gunnar1Dined on 10/14/2014We love coming to this restaurant. Last night we met an out of town friend and were able to dine and visit at our own pace. The food was fantastic, we especially enjoy the way the calamari is prepared. The food and atmosphere entice us to come back again!Special Features:
- Delicious !skanerVIPDined on 10/11/2014Went to the restaurant from a list of recommended ones from our hotel during a recent visit to Houston. The atmosphere was very nice, we actually sat in the lounge area which had a much better view and was surprisingly quieter. The food was exceptional from my lamb chops, my husbands steak with a mushroom reduction and my daughter's chicken dish. All were presented beautifully and tasted better. Will return when in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealAspelinDined on 10/11/2014The reviewers are right... the calamari appetizer is a must. Also had the lamb which was perfect. Special was rabbit and it was also very tasty. Service was very personable and attentive without being overdone. Wines are a bit on the expensive side but overall it was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Excellent Experiencelovegr8foodDined on 10/8/2014Masraff's was recommended. The entire experience was fantastic. The wait staff was efficient and had a great sense of humor. His recommendations were spot on. The owner stopped by our table and thanked us for dining with him- that added a very personal touch that you don't see very much anymore. The food was absolutely amazing and the portions were perfect. 2 of us had the salmon and it was (as the waiter said) one of the best salmon dishes we had ever tasted. Prices were reasonable and added to the overall satisfaction of the experience. Well done Masraff's. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great food, way too loudSalesLadyDined on 10/8/2014I took some clients to this restaurant for an important business discussion. Unfortunately we ended up intermittently yelling across the table, while also not trying to speak too loudly for everyone to hear. Everyone's food came out perfect and the staff was on point, but I would not recommend taking someone here that plans on being able to easily understand what other people at the table are saying without raising their voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Run RestaurantDealmakerVIPDined on 10/7/2014This was the 1st visit and was impressed with the impeccable service and great food.Special Features:
- Yummy Food, Poor ServiceJennieBDined on 10/6/2014It has been sometime since I have been to Masraff's. I recently met a friend for lunch. We typically have a fun cocktail when we lunch. We arrived before noon and were advised Masraff's didn't have a bartender who could make the drinks on the drink menu. Shortly before noon, we were served the drink we ordered, but it was clear the bartender who made it was not qualified to do so. Even our food service was spotty, not what I expect or have experienced from previous Maraff's visits. Our food was delicious, the chicken lime soup and salads (crab avacado and tempura yellow tomato) we ordered made our visit successful. I will return, but hope for better service, both food and bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningsusieQDined on 10/3/2014The service is always great at Masraff's. Of course, the food is excellent. The location is booming with construction and I LOVE the valet parking.Special Features:
- Perfection!KatellaDined on 10/2/2014Tony Masraff's restaurant is by far one of the best in Houston. The space is sophisticated, the waitstaff is totally professional, the food is incredible. There is nothing NOT to like about it. Mr. Masraff is always visable and stops by briefly to say hello and to thank patrons for dining there. If you want a fine dining experience, this is one you don't want to miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but no gem!ComidabuenaDined on 10/1/2014The food was fine, but nothing really special. Good service albeit a little robotic. Did not live up to the rating.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/24/2014enjoyed excellent food, good service and a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:
- Great Venue for Clients and FriendsChrisKDined on 9/24/2014The owner stopped by just to say hello. Waitress was engaging and right on target for time as we wanted time to talk. Never felt bothered. A little noisy but once you sat down and got talking it seemed to fade off into the background. Food selections are wide and all of them good. This was my second time and it was a hit with my guest.Special Features:
- Special nightBigdude1Dined on 9/23/2014I had the grouper special and it was fantastic. Masraff has an expansive wine list And the sommelier was happy to help with pairingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Had a great meal food was tasty service was excellent portions were good. We ate at the number one place in Houston...peli peli and our group thought this place had better portion and better service.Tastes of food was comparable. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Love this place!DinedelightDined on 9/20/2014Took friends they loved it also. Husband wished the lobster with veal was on the menu stillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!!CaligirlsDined on 9/19/2014Love this place! Delicious foods and great for special occasion outing. I've been to many fine dining restaurants and this one is one of my fave!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Foodeat2liveDined on 9/17/2014The food was some of the best food that I have ever eaten. The wine was superb. My daughter really enjoyed her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rocketrocketVIPDined on 9/15/2014Love this place. The calamari is our favorite. Thank you Christopher for outstanding serviceSpecial Features:
- Great FindSteakLover87VIPDined on 9/13/2014We thought we'd try something a little out of the ordinary for us and glad we did. Everything was almost perfect. The bison was unbelievable! Being a steak lover and not having a lot of choices for steak it's not one we can do often but will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingluv2eatVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food is always delicious and the service excellent. Everything is always outstanding and beautifully presented. One of us had the crab salad and the other the shrimp salad and both were delicious. The chocolate dessert, as all the desserts was beyond delicious.Special Features:
- ChuckDined on 9/10/2014Upscale with nice ambiance. Hwr, doesn't have the charm of the original restaurant. Food was creative and noise level condusive to business lunch/dinner.Special Features:
- ImpressiveCorporatedinerDined on 9/9/2014I took a client to dinner this week for the to Masraff's first time and was thoroughly impressed with the with the whole experience. Welcoming staff, pleasant ambiance and décor plus delicious food. Plus a personal visit from Mr Masraff Snr to the table topped it off. I had the risotto to start which was creamy and perfectly seasoned , followed by the lamb which was succulent and cooked to perfection. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EjoyableLocalVIPDined on 9/9/2014I enjoyed the experience. Food was great and I liked the owner coming up to check on how we enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- Amazing placeGuribeDined on 9/6/2014Everything in this restaurant was great, the food was amazing and innovated flavors, definitely one of the best restaurants I have beenSpecial Features:
- Thoughtful servicefiestaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food was very good: salmon and scallop entrees. Crab salad was the best in Houston: plenty of crab, avocado and a light but flavorful seasoning. Jackie, our server, was terrific. My pet peeve in all restaurants, both casual and fine dining, is a server or seating host/hostess who is dangling a menu and napkin in front of my face before I am even seated. This happens everywhere in Houston, but not at Masraff's. Jackie gave me time to get seated, place my handbag, and "get comfortable" before unfolding the napkin. We did not see the menu until we were half-way through cocktails, giving us time to enjoy our drinks and not have to shuffle through a menu. We were not rushed, and it was Saturday night.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experiencesandrarubeDined on 9/4/2014Masraff's is a must do for the Galleria/Uptown area. Bacon wrapped quail with corn-leek relish was amazing, had a wonderful smokey flavor. Spinach with creamed goat cheese salad was also delicious. The fish special of the night was fresh cod which was cooked to perfection. The dining area was nice and quiet even though it was full. The bar area is a lot of fun with a more vibrant atmosphere. Will definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Best in HoustonAlwaysgoodVIPDined on 9/4/2014Masraff's remains my favorite restaurant in Houston. I have dined here numerous times and never even a small let down. The food and staff is the best I have ever experienced.Special Features:
- Wednesday dinnerdtb15Dined on 9/3/2014Overall, everything was excellent - food, staffing and atmosphere. Service was a standout. Helpful, available and unobtrusive, never pushy. Food met very high standards. It added up to an enjoyable and successful evening.Special Features:
- Overall Good FoodAsifDined on 9/2/2014Overall Good Food and Excellent Service. Easy to find, next to Galleria and free parking available. Only thing to consider is that it is a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceoniaiDined on 9/2/2014Great experience while celebrating with a member of my team who just got promoted.Special Features:
- Very Good FishlookforecellenceDined on 8/30/2014We had the restaurant week special. One order of seared Big Eye Tuna served with Divers Scallops and one order of Hawaiian Swordfish. Both were excellent, however, one piece of the swordfish was under cooked. The waiter immediately removed my plate and returned with a fresh plate that was properly cooked. Also, the owner came to the table to insure that I was satisfied. Fish can be difficult to prepare. Too long and it will be dry and not enough and it will be difficult to cut or chew. I thought the fish was excellent and the serice took care of the preparation error with aplomb.Special Features:
- a very good mealdaveVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were seated promptly at our reservation time. We ordered from the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu. The food was excellent and the portions were reasonable. This was our first visit to Masraff's. Based on our positive experience, we will definitely return.
- Great spot for a special occasionSteveDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I enjoyed an outstanding dining experience for our 17th wedding anniversary. I noted in our open table reservation that dinner was a celebration of our anniversary and both the hostess and waiter helped make the evening feel extra special. We ordered off of the Restaurant Week menu and the food was excellent. Highly recommend the calamari appetizer (like having dessert before dinner), the seared diver scallops and the lamb. The chocolate fondant (and exceptional decaf) was a great way to cap it off. Tony Masraff took the time to visit every table to make sure everything was just right, definitely a nice touch.Special Features:
- Great Place for Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Delicious food from start to finish...signature drinks were amazing..the owner came by our table and greeted us and made sure our dining experience was good...Special Features:
- Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had great service with a lot of attention without being intrusive. Outstanding food and the calamari is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.