1753 Post Oak Blvd
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.masraffs.com/
- Phone: 7133551975
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dominic Juarez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ten years have passed since Russell&Tony Masraff first captured Houston’s attention by opening Masraff’s™ on Post Oak Lane and they've done it again with their new location on Post Oak Blvd. Voted one of the best upscale restaurants in town, they are now bringing the fine dining experience to your home or business. From a business luncheon to a private dinner, chef for an evening or a catered gala, you can count on the same quality of food and service that has made their restaurant such a success. Working in close partnership with their clients, they ensure everything is prepared to perfection
- Private Party Facilities: Chef's Room up to 20 people, Vintage Room up to 50 people, Balcony up to 60, Main Dining Room up to 70, Whole Restaurant up to 200. Please call for prices and availability
- Private Party Contact: Holly MacArevey 713-355-1975
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Wednesday evening through Saturday evening.
A word from Masraff's
Masraff's on Post Oak Blvd is a casually elegant upscale restaurant owned and operated by Houston restaurateurs, Tony and Russell Masraff. The restaurant has quickly become a local favorite with it's unique American cuisine and contemporary ambiance. Best described as American cuisine with a touch of Southern Europe, the seafood, fowl, homemade pastas, lamb, beef and seasonal game will satisfy the most discriminating diner. Soon after opening, Masraff's received stellar early reviews, including the prestigious three-star rating from the Houston Chronicle Dining Guide, as well as being named among the ten new restaurants on the culinary cutting edge in the US by The Wall Street Journal. For a delightful culinary experience, dine at the Chef's Table, where the Chef prepares a gourmet six -course dinner of his choosing. The Restaurant, which has recently moved to 1753 Post Oak Blvd from its former location at 1025 S.Post Oak Lane, seats over 200 for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Masraff's - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Masraff's reviews from OpenTable diners
280 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (188)fit for foodies (154)romantic (125)notable wine list (116)good for groups (76)neighborhood gem (56)hot spot (48)vibrant bar scene (47)great for lunch (41)great for brunch (14)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (10)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Always outstandingluv2eatVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food is always delicious and the service excellent. Everything is always outstanding and beautifully presented. One of us had the crab salad and the other the shrimp salad and both were delicious. The chocolate dessert, as all the desserts was beyond delicious.Special Features:
- ChuckDined on 9/10/2014Upscale with nice ambiance. Hwr, doesn't have the charm of the original restaurant. Food was creative and noise level condusive to business lunch/dinner.Special Features:
- ImpressiveCorporatedinerDined on 9/9/2014I took a client to dinner this week for the to Masraff's first time and was thoroughly impressed with the with the whole experience. Welcoming staff, pleasant ambiance and décor plus delicious food. Plus a personal visit from Mr Masraff Snr to the table topped it off. I had the risotto to start which was creamy and perfectly seasoned , followed by the lamb which was succulent and cooked to perfection. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EjoyableLocalVIPDined on 9/9/2014I enjoyed the experience. Food was great and I liked the owner coming up to check on how we enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- Amazing placeGuribeDined on 9/6/2014Everything in this restaurant was great, the food was amazing and innovated flavors, definitely one of the best restaurants I have beenSpecial Features:
- Thoughtful servicefiestaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food was very good: salmon and scallop entrees. Crab salad was the best in Houston: plenty of crab, avocado and a light but flavorful seasoning. Jackie, our server, was terrific. My pet peeve in all restaurants, both casual and fine dining, is a server or seating host/hostess who is dangling a menu and napkin in front of my face before I am even seated. This happens everywhere in Houston, but not at Masraff's. Jackie gave me time to get seated, place my handbag, and "get comfortable" before unfolding the napkin. We did not see the menu until we were half-way through cocktails, giving us time to enjoy our drinks and not have to shuffle through a menu. We were not rushed, and it was Saturday night.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experiencesandrarubeDined on 9/4/2014Masraff's is a must do for the Galleria/Uptown area. Bacon wrapped quail with corn-leek relish was amazing, had a wonderful smokey flavor. Spinach with creamed goat cheese salad was also delicious. The fish special of the night was fresh cod which was cooked to perfection. The dining area was nice and quiet even though it was full. The bar area is a lot of fun with a more vibrant atmosphere. Will definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Best in HoustonAlwaysgoodVIPDined on 9/4/2014Masraff's remains my favorite restaurant in Houston. I have dined here numerous times and never even a small let down. The food and staff is the best I have ever experienced.Special Features:
- Wednesday dinnerdtb15Dined on 9/3/2014Overall, everything was excellent - food, staffing and atmosphere. Service was a standout. Helpful, available and unobtrusive, never pushy. Food met very high standards. It added up to an enjoyable and successful evening.Special Features:
- Overall Good FoodAsifDined on 9/2/2014Overall Good Food and Excellent Service. Easy to find, next to Galleria and free parking available. Only thing to consider is that it is a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceoniaiDined on 9/2/2014Great experience while celebrating with a member of my team who just got promoted.Special Features:
- Very Good FishlookforecellenceDined on 8/30/2014We had the restaurant week special. One order of seared Big Eye Tuna served with Divers Scallops and one order of Hawaiian Swordfish. Both were excellent, however, one piece of the swordfish was under cooked. The waiter immediately removed my plate and returned with a fresh plate that was properly cooked. Also, the owner came to the table to insure that I was satisfied. Fish can be difficult to prepare. Too long and it will be dry and not enough and it will be difficult to cut or chew. I thought the fish was excellent and the serice took care of the preparation error with aplomb.Special Features:
- a very good mealdaveVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were seated promptly at our reservation time. We ordered from the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu. The food was excellent and the portions were reasonable. This was our first visit to Masraff's. Based on our positive experience, we will definitely return.
- Great spot for a special occasionSteveDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I enjoyed an outstanding dining experience for our 17th wedding anniversary. I noted in our open table reservation that dinner was a celebration of our anniversary and both the hostess and waiter helped make the evening feel extra special. We ordered off of the Restaurant Week menu and the food was excellent. Highly recommend the calamari appetizer (like having dessert before dinner), the seared diver scallops and the lamb. The chocolate fondant (and exceptional decaf) was a great way to cap it off. Tony Masraff took the time to visit every table to make sure everything was just right, definitely a nice touch.Special Features:
- Great Place for Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Delicious food from start to finish...signature drinks were amazing..the owner came by our table and greeted us and made sure our dining experience was good...Special Features:
- Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had great service with a lot of attention without being intrusive. Outstanding food and the calamari is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerHuskerDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I went for our wedding anniversary. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and provided good advice. The food was excellent and the overall service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FridayChachoDined on 8/29/2014The food was very good and the presentation was on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazingsushisuzyDined on 8/27/2014Calamari steak appetizer was delicious. Salmon as well. Our server was so helpful with great suggestions. Everyone was happy with their choices. The bartender was great too recommending a new vodka I had never tried, Red, White and Blue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Dinner!JenHeartsHoustonVIPDined on 8/26/2014With our anniversary on a weeknight we decided to celebrate simply with a dinner and with it being Houston Restaurant Week we searched for a place we had not tried. Masraff's fit the bill! The food was nothing short of amazing. Such imaginative blends of flavors. The service was excellent and attentive. Overall a wonderful anniversary dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!primoDined on 8/25/2014We went for Restaurant Month. We chose to go there because their menu offered several and varied choices for our group of 6. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered, and we shared "bites" so we could all get a taste of different things. All excellent. The waiter was great about suggesting wine. He started with a rather expensive choice, but when we asked for a more "budget-friendly" option he asked a few questions about our preferences and then made a great choice for us. We had 3 bottles!Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!!!!runnerjanDined on 8/25/2014Exceeded our expectations in every aspect!! Wine. appetizers, entrees & dessert were super yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner experience!DaryledjsDined on 8/25/2014My friend and I returned to this restaurant for the Houston Restaurant Week menu and we were not disappointed. The food was superb and the service left nothing to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousluvnlifeVIPDined on 8/23/2014Steak was perfectly cooked and wonderful. Scallops very good. And don't miss the calamari appetizer! Wine list excellent in a wide price range. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food without flavorPOD8sDined on 8/23/2014Ordered Bison Ribeye and virtually no seasoning. I had to ask for salt & pepper to add flavor. Service staff very attentive and noisy level high due to restaurant layout.
- Never disappointsvolunteerDined on 8/23/2014Masraff's is consistently excellent in all ways a restaurant should be,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRW 2014JustMeDined on 8/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our HRW 2014 dinner here! Service was impeccable, and the food was amazing! I had the signature calamari dish (not to be missed!), the tuna and scallop duet, and the creme de caramel. All were outstanding! My husband had the bacon-wrapped quail, the lamb chops, and sorbet trio - I tasted all, of course, and they were wonderful as well. We will definitely keep Masraff's on our list of "go-to" restaurants for special date nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gracious service and excelent foodnibblesVIPDined on 8/23/2014Masraff's is fine dining-dishes are rich and sauced in a classic way-a very nice experience-on eof the owners always around to check on things--décor outstanding wine cellar is the best place to be seated--quieter--but look around as the décor is breath taking--the valet service is especially attentive--well done evening..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gr8 svc & excellent foodFood4thoughtDined on 8/22/2014Loved the server and it was a great pleasure to meet the owner in person. Fancy food without the fancy feel to it. Good down to Earth food with an upscale feel. Bartender gave me 1st Manhattan, and it was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dinner!PatriciamiaDined on 8/22/2014This air an amazing place. The food and the service was outstanding. You can also see The owner Tony walking around the tables ensuring everything is delivered to perfection. This place is a must in Houston.Special Features:
- AmazingBritsinhoustonDined on 8/22/2014New to Houston so chose as was close to apartment. Hadn't realised was HRW so nice bonus with that though understandably very busy. Food was out of this world and went off the servers recommendation. She was totally on the mark! Delish! And she was great too really nice and helpful! And charming too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSavyDined on 8/22/2014The food and service were exceptional. It was very crowded but everyone was very attentive. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weeks first tryBigStomachDined on 8/22/2014My friends and I have tried most of the dishes provided on restaurant weeks. Seafood dishes were very impressive, and the lamb was not bad either. They mixed up gin and bourbon in our cocktails, which tastes special but not delightful. The waiter was a little awkward that he checked on us by peeking around rather than asking. Overall we had a good time, and would like to know how it's like on a regular day compare to busy restaurant weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic mealOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/22/2014We had a memorable dinner. The food and service were among the best I've had in town. I will be back for the calamari and the creme caramel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerYummy21Dined on 8/22/2014Fabulous service and great food. Would def recommend. The donuts for dessert were to die for. Gumbo was just ok. The filet was great. Grilled calamari was fantastic.Special Features:
- Excellent overall experience!!beststeakintownDined on 8/22/2014Food and service were excellent!! Enjoyed the ambiance, and thought the waiters/servers were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently outstandingHBC02CVIPDined on 8/22/2014For what will be our last trip to Houston before moving out-of-state, Masraff's was our no-brainer choice. The wild mushroom ravioli was--as always--outstanding. My wife's salmon was cooked exactly as she requested; my bison ribeye was perfectly medium rare. The wine list is a delight to explore and led us to discover a new (to us) malbec.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimpressive Birthday Dinnerbeatnavy78Dined on 8/22/2014We went to Masraff's recently to celebrate my wife's birthday. The restaurant was busy, active, and loud - a far cry from the intimate, romantic place I remembered when I visited their former location. The food was good, but not anything I would rave about, especially given the abundance of fancy, expensive establishments throughout Houston. Little attention was paid to my wife's special occasion, aside from an obligatory candle placed in her dessert. Although the atmosphere was more "exciting," it was not what I had anticipated. Probably won't be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great services!FoodLoveRDined on 8/20/2014My dinner dates was fun! We're all ordered three courses meal to support houston restaurant weekend. Seafood risotto was delicious. For main course I had lamb chops, it was awesome, very flavorful, great seasoning. And for dessert, I had warm chocolate fondant with vanilla ice Cream. Mr. Tony himself visited us at the table. FANTASTIC overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationspearlladyDined on 8/20/2014Everything was very inventive, creative & delicious. Perfectly cooked lamb, as requested. The grilled calamari is worth a detour ! I will definitely be returning. It was very crowded but the service was up to the challenge. Wine steward was particularly helpful.Special Features: