Mason's - Easton
22 South Harrison Street
Easton, MD 21601Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mason's - Easton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.masonsgourmet.com/
- Phone: (410) 822-3204
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Pochron
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Catering: Mason's offers full-service catering that's customized to fit your needs and gourmet food for pickup or delivery. Please call the restaurant to schedule a no-charge consultation for your event or to place your order.
- Private Party Contact: Marie Pierre Nuthall 410-822-3204
A word from Mason's - Easton
Comfortably sophisticated, Mason’s has earned its reputation as one of the region’s finest restaurants since our debut in 1966. At Mason’s, summertime means starry evenings in our garden courtyard, gently dazzling with twinkling lights and fragrant Eastern Shore breezes. Come fall, our refined comfort food is best enjoyed fireside in the crimson dining room or at the casually elegant mahogany bar. But don’t let the seasons dictate when your love affair with us begins—or continues.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Mason's - Easton - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
Mason's - Easton reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)great for outdoor dining (23)great for lunch (21)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (18)romantic (12)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Top notch lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2014Great location in downtown Easton. Mason's has a relaxed but "in" feel to it, welcoming and upbeat. The menu had a broad range of fresh selections and the Chef even made a special Vegan meal for our guests. The chocolate cake was to die for and topped off a wonderful experience. The service was friendly, helpful, timely and personal. We would all definitely revisit Mason's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Overall experience was good but there were several shortcomings: portions were small, especially of the scallops and basmati rice, the chairs were straight-back wooden with no cushions - uncomfortable for those with back problems, especially when wait service was so slow.
- Consistent choiceEastonDinerDined on 10/27/2014Been to Mason's many times, mostly for lunch. Always consistent food and service, no unpleasant surprises. Don't drink so can't comment on wine list, yet the menu has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LibertyDined on 10/25/2014We had a very nice dinner. We had a little table for two overlooking Washington St. It was quiet, the ambiance was pleasent and the service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHef off his game, diner serviceLoriDined on 10/18/2014The "sweet and sauce" came with our calamari-- it was darkened vinegar, you couldn't dip anything in it. The crab soup special was so spicey and pepper filled I could not eat it. Do these chefs think they have to "season" everything like they're on CHOPPED? They have salt and pepper on the table? The crab cake was burnt a little. The Lamb was okay, still soo much salt in the overall platter, either on the panco crust of the lamb or the grilled asparagus or the three dollops of mashed potatoes. The service was like I was at a diner, but not that good. They were doing us a serving us. I think it's over rated. The smartest guy in restaurant was across from me eating a cheeseburger and french fries for dinner.Special Features:
- Lovely venueLadyshrinkVIPDined on 10/17/2014In Easton for a charity bicycle ride, three of us ate at Mason's. We very much enjoyed the food, all of which was well flavored and well presented (although the Menu listing of crab cakeS produced only one delicious one). The quiche of the day and the chocolate truffle cake also satisfied taste and eye.Special Features:
- good for quiet conversationROresidentDined on 10/11/2014great atmosphere, a wide selection of excellent entrees and side dishes very good service and overall wallet friendly pricing. The desserts are not to be missedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you have a day to wasteLuvEasternShore2Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I ordered the 1/2 sandwich and soup each, it took over one hour to receive our lunch, we also specified a medical problem and could have no seeds, were told the bread had no seeds, not only did the bread have seeds but the soup had tomato seeds, and other vegetable seeds. The food was OK a best, nothing to talk about. We understand that meals are made to order, but doubt that includes soups, nor should it take an hour to make a sandwich. Very Very disappointing!!!!Special Features:
- MasonsLillyDined on 10/11/2014Had a great lunch with family and grandchildren. Great sandwiches and kids menu. Friendly and no rushing us out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014Our only disappointment was that the fireplace wasn't working, as it was a chilly and rainy night! The food was outstanding, the ambiance was warm and comfortable, although I would have preferred softer lighting. Our waiter was very good...he even ran after us in the rain to bring us our umbrella that we left!Special Features:
- BrianBrianDined on 9/26/2014Food quality was very good, albeit a little limited on the menu. Restaurant seems to be getting a little tired on the facility. Still one of the best in Easton, MD.
- dashVIPDined on 9/26/2014Used to love it at Mason's but for the past year the service has not been good. A great shame.
- A very nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2014We were staying in Easton for the Cambridge ironman and Masons came highly recommended from a local friend. We were very pleased to see that Masons honored the ironman food voucher! The food was very good and our server was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favoriteHowdDined on 9/11/2014Nini, a longtime server at Mason's, was excellent, as usual, enhancing our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceDollarDebDined on 9/10/2014There were 4 of us for lunch. We were seated right away and had our beverage orders taken. We all ordered something different from soups to sandwiches to salads. Everything was fresh, beautifully presented, and quite tasty. We had an attentive waitress who also allowed us to chat and enjoy our conversation. All-in-all, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with friendsThumperDined on 8/21/2014Four of us. They have a bar menu (smaller, more casual fare) and their full dinner menu. All good. Very complete wine line list and a few good beers on tap. The meatloaf on the bar menu is always great, and large! Fish and chips are good, but way too many fries. One person had the seafood salad and it was the winner. Their bread is great. Enjoy!Special Features:
- HCMDDined on 8/18/2014I love Mason's. Sometimes, the food is a little less than great, but it's still a wonderful place to meet a friend for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not too sharpHughVIPDined on 8/15/2014as ever great food, been to Masons many times. This evening however our waitress wasn't focused. Slow and inconsistent service, I asked for a glass of wine with my main (delightful duck) but it never cameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely outdoor family reunionmscadem44Dined on 8/15/2014My family and I enjoyed a delicious dinner in a beautiful setting. Attentive yet inobtrusive service and some tasty desserts added to a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Disappointing.....GeorgisDined on 8/8/2014A mediocre (and expensive) meal with my husband, daughter. Wine by glass-small amount. I ordered Fettuccine with sausage, squid and fennel in a white wine sauce with tomatoes. What I got was several sausage pieces, about 5 TINY squid rings and tomato sauce served on angel hair pasta. When I questioned the dish and type of pasta, the waitress went back to the kitchen and then said it was linguine! NO, it was angel hair pasta and red sauce! The dish was rather tasteless, with the tomato sauce overpowering everything else. My husband did enjoy his crabcake which was moist with some filler. Very pricey for small portions. Dessert was good. We were told it was a truffle cake but was later asked by waitress how the pie was?!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/6/2014Great crabcake , great waitress, and lovely outdoor seating in spite of a zillion flies. Only complaint - store-bought cole slaw. Really???Special Features:
- The following 344 reviews are from the Mason's - Easton reviews archive.
- DisappointmentSparkyVIPDined on 7/24/2014Based on some of the reviews, we were looking forward to a great dinner. Alas, we were greatly disappointed. The entrees were poorly prepared and we had to send them back (twice!). The starters were just OK and after our entree experience we did not have any desert. We may have hit the place on an off night but any good seafood restaurant should know how to properly cook fish.
- Lunch with the girlsRetiredDined on 7/22/2014Good food, great service and friendly atmosphere. This is a place you can sit and talk and not be rushed.Special Features:
- Missing in actionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014We have been many times to Masons for lunch or dinner but this time the service was very poor. We must have heard 7 or 8 I am sorries... one too many. Each waitress was either overloaded or some one did not show up. We do not require fawning or even extra service but in this case we felt a bit like being on the end stoll at a busy lunch counter. Food was not spectacular and they have wowed me this time of year -- a couple of years ago we had a memorable dinner -- special with soft shell crab and a crab and corn soup ... featuring Eastern Shore veggies and seafood. This time nothing spectacular but goodSpecial Features:
- Ok business lunchgr8v8Dined on 7/15/2014Staff is professional and discreetly attentive. The restaurant has a local reputation that it has earned over many years. My guest has a burger==it looked pretty ordinary, I had the daily special, a cod sandwich and cauliflower soup. The sandwich was on a small French roll, loaded with tartar sauce and almost no fish. The soup was goodSpecial Features:
- Consistently goodlocalfriendDined on 7/9/2014Always consistent, good for pleasing many different people. Our server seemed a bit distracted which is why I didn't rate higher.Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent FoodPrefer2forageVIPDined on 7/8/2014The to go neighborhood place to take friends from out of town because you know you're always going to get great food, and service.Special Features:
- First visitRegularsVIPDined on 6/19/2014Had lunch on recommendation from a local friend. Good food, pleasant staff and overall enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night of hasteNOLADined on 6/18/2014We arrived, no hostess ~3 min, [comment by couple before us] as she was recruited for tableware duties. We were told to pick a table, odd. Waiter arrived/loud, a suggestion of haste. The ordered wine was out with excellent substitute. I suggested he might pour the wine after the initial tasting, haste. We had to pour our own thereafter, except once, waiter buzzed by, apologized. My gazpacho arrived without spoon, obtained one from hostess who apologized and quickly left, haste. The gazpacho with crab, perfect, the tomato tart, superb (want recipe!) Main course, improperly served by another waitress, haste, The NY strip tough, my catch of the day, perfect. The suggested chocolate spoon cake refrigerated too long. The coffees/port good.
- Very AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2014It was obvious that the cow that contributed my steak had lived a long life and died of natural causes. The steak was very tough (I had to ask for a steak knife) and utterly tasteless. The fries were nearly as good as those one gets at MacDonalds. No bread was offered.
- Excellent restaurantlovegooddiningDined on 6/14/2014It was hard to realize that in a relatively small city it will exist a five stars restaurant at a very reasonable price and comparable in food quality, service and ambience to any of the most famous restaurants in large cities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satisfiedHowdDined on 6/9/2014A longtime favorite of mine...reliable, with good service.Special Features:
- Good option in EastonTinyDansherDined on 6/7/2014Had been to Mason's a couple years ago and it was a little different -- more casual as I remembered. The restaurant had nice indoor dining areas, as well as outdoor and outside front porch. We sat inside and weren't seated necessarily at a great table and there were several options. I suppose we could have asked to move. The food was delicious and that would be the only reason I would go back. The service was spotty and for the price we paid I would have expected it to be a little better. It didn't seem that busy, but we had to wait a while for water refills, drink refills, etc. Some of the servers were a little casual and not as professional as I would have expected. Again, the food was great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely awesomeLc1979Dined on 6/7/2014sat out on the relaxing patio with beautiful gardens and a very comfortable atmosphere. The food was top-notch. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodDsakpaDined on 6/3/2014One of the best restaurants in Easton! Very consistent.Special Features:
- Wonderful outdoor ambianceMagnoliaVIPDined on 5/31/2014Wonderful outdoor ambiance to match the delicious cuisine which has a regional twist. Service, menu selections, and quality top notch as always. Delicious fresh soup of the day, oysters, mussels, crab cake, and fresh bread with olive oil seasoned with garlic and tomato.Special Features:
- Fabulous meal in Easton MDElichtDined on 5/23/2014We just enjoyed one of the best meals we've ever had at Masons. The oysters Rockefeller were deliciously presented on a bed of salt. My husband had an "all crab" crabcake and I enjoyed perfectly prepared scallops. Both dishes were beautifully presented with wonderful accompaniments. They serve a wonderful bread plate with a special spread. We had a lovely wine from their well thought out wine list. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodadchotinVIPDined on 5/17/2014Mason's is a restaurant in Easton that has become a consistent go to place. The menu is varied and the service always pleasant and competent. Save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/17/2014Five, mature girlfriends went to lunch on Saturday and had a lovely time. The noise level was low enough so we could hear each other talk, the server was attentive and efficient and the ambiance was very nice. We would describe it as casually elegant. There are many rooms plus an outdoor eating area which is also nice. Big, colorful umbrellas shelter diners from the sun. We each had a different food offering ranging from steak and frites to quiche and salad and everything was delicious and nicely presented. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Dinner with the Wifegator1466VIPDined on 5/16/2014Very nice setting. Beer selection was okay but they ran out of what we ordered. Overall the experience was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.