Mason's - Easton
22 South Harrison Street
Easton, MD 21601Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mason's - Easton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.masonsgourmet.com/
- Phone: 4108223204
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Pochron
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Catering: Mason's offers full-service catering that's customized to fit your needs and gourmet food for pickup or delivery. Please call the restaurant to schedule a no-charge consultation for your event or to place your order.
- Private Party Contact: Marie Pierre Nuthall 410-822-3204
A word from Mason's - Easton
Comfortably sophisticated, Mason’s has earned its reputation as one of the region’s finest restaurants since our debut in 1966. At Mason’s, summertime means starry evenings in our garden courtyard, gently dazzling with twinkling lights and fragrant Eastern Shore breezes. Come fall, our refined comfort food is best enjoyed fireside in the crimson dining room or at the casually elegant mahogany bar. But don’t let the seasons dictate when your love affair with us begins—or continues.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Mason's - Easton - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
Mason's - Easton reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)great for outdoor dining (26)great for lunch (17)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (11)romantic (9)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Still a favoriteHowdDined on 9/11/2014Nini, a longtime server at Mason's, was excellent, as usual, enhancing our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceDollarDebDined on 9/10/2014There were 4 of us for lunch. We were seated right away and had our beverage orders taken. We all ordered something different from soups to sandwiches to salads. Everything was fresh, beautifully presented, and quite tasty. We had an attentive waitress who also allowed us to chat and enjoy our conversation. All-in-all, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with friendsThumperDined on 8/21/2014Four of us. They have a bar menu (smaller, more casual fare) and their full dinner menu. All good. Very complete wine line list and a few good beers on tap. The meatloaf on the bar menu is always great, and large! Fish and chips are good, but way too many fries. One person had the seafood salad and it was the winner. Their bread is great. Enjoy!Special Features:
- HCMDDined on 8/18/2014I love Mason's. Sometimes, the food is a little less than great, but it's still a wonderful place to meet a friend for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not too sharpHughVIPDined on 8/15/2014as ever great food, been to Masons many times. This evening however our waitress wasn't focused. Slow and inconsistent service, I asked for a glass of wine with my main (delightful duck) but it never cameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely outdoor family reunionmscadem44Dined on 8/15/2014My family and I enjoyed a delicious dinner in a beautiful setting. Attentive yet inobtrusive service and some tasty desserts added to a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Disappointing.....GeorgisDined on 8/8/2014A mediocre (and expensive) meal with my husband, daughter. Wine by glass-small amount. I ordered Fettuccine with sausage, squid and fennel in a white wine sauce with tomatoes. What I got was several sausage pieces, about 5 TINY squid rings and tomato sauce served on angel hair pasta. When I questioned the dish and type of pasta, the waitress went back to the kitchen and then said it was linguine! NO, it was angel hair pasta and red sauce! The dish was rather tasteless, with the tomato sauce overpowering everything else. My husband did enjoy his crabcake which was moist with some filler. Very pricey for small portions. Dessert was good. We were told it was a truffle cake but was later asked by waitress how the pie was?!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/6/2014Great crabcake , great waitress, and lovely outdoor seating in spite of a zillion flies. Only complaint - store-bought cole slaw. Really???Special Features:
- DisappointmentSparkyVIPDined on 7/24/2014Based on some of the reviews, we were looking forward to a great dinner. Alas, we were greatly disappointed. The entrees were poorly prepared and we had to send them back (twice!). The starters were just OK and after our entree experience we did not have any desert. We may have hit the place on an off night but any good seafood restaurant should know how to properly cook fish.
- Lunch with the girlsRetiredDined on 7/22/2014Good food, great service and friendly atmosphere. This is a place you can sit and talk and not be rushed.Special Features:
- Missing in actionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014We have been many times to Masons for lunch or dinner but this time the service was very poor. We must have heard 7 or 8 I am sorries... one too many. Each waitress was either overloaded or some one did not show up. We do not require fawning or even extra service but in this case we felt a bit like being on the end stoll at a busy lunch counter. Food was not spectacular and they have wowed me this time of year -- a couple of years ago we had a memorable dinner -- special with soft shell crab and a crab and corn soup ... featuring Eastern Shore veggies and seafood. This time nothing spectacular but goodSpecial Features:
- Ok business lunchgr8v8Dined on 7/15/2014Staff is professional and discreetly attentive. The restaurant has a local reputation that it has earned over many years. My guest has a burger==it looked pretty ordinary, I had the daily special, a cod sandwich and cauliflower soup. The sandwich was on a small French roll, loaded with tartar sauce and almost no fish. The soup was goodSpecial Features:
- Consistently goodlocalfriendDined on 7/9/2014Always consistent, good for pleasing many different people. Our server seemed a bit distracted which is why I didn't rate higher.Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent FoodPrefer2forageVIPDined on 7/8/2014The to go neighborhood place to take friends from out of town because you know you're always going to get great food, and service.Special Features:
- First visitRegularsVIPDined on 6/19/2014Had lunch on recommendation from a local friend. Good food, pleasant staff and overall enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night of hasteNOLADined on 6/18/2014We arrived, no hostess ~3 min, [comment by couple before us] as she was recruited for tableware duties. We were told to pick a table, odd. Waiter arrived/loud, a suggestion of haste. The ordered wine was out with excellent substitute. I suggested he might pour the wine after the initial tasting, haste. We had to pour our own thereafter, except once, waiter buzzed by, apologized. My gazpacho arrived without spoon, obtained one from hostess who apologized and quickly left, haste. The gazpacho with crab, perfect, the tomato tart, superb (want recipe!) Main course, improperly served by another waitress, haste, The NY strip tough, my catch of the day, perfect. The suggested chocolate spoon cake refrigerated too long. The coffees/port good.
- Very AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2014It was obvious that the cow that contributed my steak had lived a long life and died of natural causes. The steak was very tough (I had to ask for a steak knife) and utterly tasteless. The fries were nearly as good as those one gets at MacDonalds. No bread was offered.
- Excellent restaurantlovegooddiningDined on 6/14/2014It was hard to realize that in a relatively small city it will exist a five stars restaurant at a very reasonable price and comparable in food quality, service and ambience to any of the most famous restaurants in large cities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satisfiedHowdDined on 6/9/2014A longtime favorite of mine...reliable, with good service.Special Features:
- Good option in EastonTinyDansherDined on 6/7/2014Had been to Mason's a couple years ago and it was a little different -- more casual as I remembered. The restaurant had nice indoor dining areas, as well as outdoor and outside front porch. We sat inside and weren't seated necessarily at a great table and there were several options. I suppose we could have asked to move. The food was delicious and that would be the only reason I would go back. The service was spotty and for the price we paid I would have expected it to be a little better. It didn't seem that busy, but we had to wait a while for water refills, drink refills, etc. Some of the servers were a little casual and not as professional as I would have expected. Again, the food was great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely awesomeLc1979Dined on 6/7/2014sat out on the relaxing patio with beautiful gardens and a very comfortable atmosphere. The food was top-notch. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodDsakpaDined on 6/3/2014One of the best restaurants in Easton! Very consistent.Special Features:
- Wonderful outdoor ambianceMagnoliaVIPDined on 5/31/2014Wonderful outdoor ambiance to match the delicious cuisine which has a regional twist. Service, menu selections, and quality top notch as always. Delicious fresh soup of the day, oysters, mussels, crab cake, and fresh bread with olive oil seasoned with garlic and tomato.Special Features:
- Fabulous meal in Easton MDElichtDined on 5/23/2014We just enjoyed one of the best meals we've ever had at Masons. The oysters Rockefeller were deliciously presented on a bed of salt. My husband had an "all crab" crabcake and I enjoyed perfectly prepared scallops. Both dishes were beautifully presented with wonderful accompaniments. They serve a wonderful bread plate with a special spread. We had a lovely wine from their well thought out wine list. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 328 reviews are from the Mason's - Easton reviews archive.
- Always goodadchotinVIPDined on 5/17/2014Mason's is a restaurant in Easton that has become a consistent go to place. The menu is varied and the service always pleasant and competent. Save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/17/2014Five, mature girlfriends went to lunch on Saturday and had a lovely time. The noise level was low enough so we could hear each other talk, the server was attentive and efficient and the ambiance was very nice. We would describe it as casually elegant. There are many rooms plus an outdoor eating area which is also nice. Big, colorful umbrellas shelter diners from the sun. We each had a different food offering ranging from steak and frites to quiche and salad and everything was delicious and nicely presented. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Dinner with the Wifegator1466Dined on 5/16/2014Very nice setting. Beer selection was okay but they ran out of what we ordered. Overall the experience was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A few minor changesDineoutDined on 5/10/2014I really like Masons. The service and the ambiance are wonderful. The entrée I had, pan-seared rockfish with cheddar grits and fresh asparagus, was excellent. The salad and the dessert were a little disappointing. The Caesar salad dressing had no punch. It needed more garlic, more lemon, something to perk it up. Most of the lettuce was the pale, inside ribs of the romaine. There wasn't a dark green leaf to be found. Why, at a place like Mason's, can't the kitchen use shaved parmesan cheese instead of that grainy stuff? The salad could use a little help. We had the carrot cake. Great portion-however, it too could have used some zip. A little ginger, maybe some cardamon, anything to bring out the flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner with an Old FriendLoisDined on 4/23/2014Great mid-week meal with a friend from out of town. Only negative comment is that I was surprised that the portions weren't larger. We ordered the rockfish (one of the more expensive dishes on the menu) and thought the portion could have been more generous for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome anniversary dinningjim61956Dined on 4/22/2014celebrated with my wife over dinner. never been there before but heard a lot about the place……it was wonderful……great food, nice quiet atmosphere, excellent cocktails before dinning….great pleasant experience which is what we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food = Yummy, Service = TastelessLittleBigAppetiteDined on 4/12/2014The food was great and the prices were reasonable however our waitress was quite rude. Friends and I went for prom and she would speak in a condescending tone towards us "kids". She was constantly reaching over us and bumping into us without apologizing or showing sympathy. She didn't come to check on us. When we asked for our checks she was hesitant on giving it to us, then dropped our checks on the table without handing them to us. Luckily, the food was good and we were in a hurry because I would have love to talk to the manager on duty.Special Features:
- Always a reliable choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014Our "go-to" restaurant in Easton, MD. Always good - sometimes great. Moderately priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as usualdjc2662Dined on 4/5/2014Mason's is one of my go-to restaurants in Easton, MD. I always know I can get an excellent meal with great service. Had their tomato basil soup and Carolina bbq sandwich. Both very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had been here several times,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/1/2014We had been here several times, always delicious and great portion sizes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great1SueBVIPDined on 3/29/2014So many good things to says about Mason's. Two impressed our friends on this first visit for them -- having the choice of bar menu items & more expensive full entrees, all of which are delicious, is much appreciated. As is the $35 a bottle list of outstanding wines.Special Features:
- Overall goodFacieDined on 3/19/2014The food was great, I liked the menu (smaller plates and grown up ones) and our server was terrific but the tables are way too close together. We had a loud table next to us and it was difficult to hear each other. Otherwise fun and I will go back.Special Features:
- Favorite "special" dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014Mason's has always been consistent. The food is excellent but a little too expensive to go for more than a special occasion here and there. We have had dinner for two & business meetings in there upstairs private room. Staff is always polite & helpful. And, their desserts are fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Longtime customerHowdDined on 3/6/2014Lunch was good but unspectacular. Soup was good but not tremendous. Service was excellent, as usual. My main course of Caesar Salad with no toppings was okay. Perhaps I have just become too familiar with Mason's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good honest foodoenomanVIPDined on 2/28/2014Nice place for simple dinner of steak and frites. Vegetable Tempura was outstanding. Service was friendly and professional. Will return.
- Menu small but interestingPaDianeDined on 2/28/2014We make Masons a regular stop when we come to Easton for a concert at the nearby Avalon Theater. The food is well-prepared; the menu is not long but it is interesting and innovative. We enjoyed the scallops and crabcake entrees; I had the beet salad for a starter and it is outstanding. My partner had the mussels for his appetizer; we would have liked the option of ordering a half portion (and even would have paid full price for it) so as to save room for the main course, but our server told us this was out of the question. While the food was good, we were less pleased with our server who was aloof--even haughty--and showed little interest in her customers. We will probably try another place next time we are in town.Special Features: