4 Corey Street
West Roxbury, MA 02132Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://masonagrill.com/
- Phone: 6173233331x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Saturday:5pm-10pm; Sunday-Monday dinner 5pm-9pm.Evening Specials.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Manuel Sifnugel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The restaurant is available for private functions, parties and catering. Chef/Owner Manuel Sifnugel will personally meet you and design a unique & savory menu to suit your food and budget needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We would close the restaurant for a night, or part of the night, to provide total satisfaction for the potential client. Please call the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Manuel Sifnugel 6173233331x
- Entertainment: Masona Grill features monthly wine dinners and special events. For more information, please visit http://www.masonagrill.com
- Special Events: Please visit masonagrill.com or our facebook page for upcoming events and special offers.
- Cross Street: Park Street
- Public Transit: Commuter Needham line from Back Bay Station to Highland Station in West Roxbury. About 15 minutes.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Directly across the street is the commuter rail parking lot from the Highland station in West Roxbury. It is free after 4pm. Cars cannot be left overnight. Parking available along Corey, Park and Centre Streets.
A word from Masona Grill
Since the opening of Masona Grill in Spring 2006, chef/owner Manuel Sifnugel continues to challenge the boundaries of dining pleasure. Having created a unique dining experience with his previous restaurant Claremont Café, a long time South End favorite, Manuel has introduced the Parkway area and beyond to a fine New American cuisine with Mediterranean influence. Cilantro, lime, cumin, mint and ginger are key ingredients in Manuel’s cooking. His eclectic fare extends to the design and ambience of the restaurant. Colorful artwork, contemporary fixtures, hardwood floors and trendy pillows create a cozy yet upscale dining experience in a neighborhood restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Masona Grill - Best Restaurants in West Roxbury ›
Masona Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (94)fit for foodies (67)special occasion (44)romantic (30)good for groups (17)notable wine list (11)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I loved my appetizer and meal. My husband did not love as fish . We had to ask for bread 2x till it cameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/27/2014The service, food, and atmosphere make it a definite destination for special occasions or just an enjoyable night out with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Neighborhood GemDebrisVIPDined on 9/26/2014Creative Menu. Delicious Food with a Latin flair. We hope to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great.Nicknpt70VIPDined on 9/20/2014Great local spot. Nice menu selection that always incorporates plenty of in-season, fresh veggies with your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014Some of our dishes were amazing - the scallops and the tuna entrée, oysters as starter. Other just ok - grilled peach salad. Overall, impressive food.Special Features:
- twmcDined on 9/13/2014We had a very nice Anniversary dinner here. Both Cod and Scallops were delicious, and the Beet Salad was very good too. We were offered a complimentary glass of Prosecco to start which was much appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksJacquesVIPDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed specials of scallops and duck. Plus a stuffed jalapeño. Delicious. Also, the friendliest professional waitperson in Gina. Mason keeps getting better.Special Features:
- isk1isk1VIPDined on 9/4/2014Every time we dine at Masona, I leave happy and extremely satisfied. The food is always excellent, the specials change as the seasons changes, and some of my favorites are on the 'regular' menu. I ordered the soft shell crabs which were absolutely to die for and my partner had the tuna which was also excellent. The presentation of the meal is beautiful and the wait staff are attentive but not overbearing. A restaurant I definitely recommend.Special Features:
- great cuisinePhilVIPDined on 9/4/2014One of the best restaurants in New England. Always great.Special Features:
- A Jewel in Needham. MACloud1943Dined on 8/31/2014I was looking for a pleasant spot to meet old friends halfway between our respective homes. Based on prior reviews , I chose Masona Grill. Although a bit difficult to find, it was well worth the trip. From appetizer thru entre to dessert, the food was outstanding, and the service attentive and friendly without being obtrusive. It was a Sunday evening and the restaurant was moderately busy and although we sat for quite a while enjoying the meal and our long conversation, there was no rush whatsoever to turn the table. I would not hesitate to recommend Masona Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply delicious!Fusifu2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food here is simply delicious, that Latin American flare is just what makes the food taste so much better. It's been our #1 choice since we discover this little gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Masona does not disappointLocaltoBostonVIPDined on 8/28/2014My only request-more vegetarian options! Food good, local and the menu changes. Always enjoy eating here.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014This place is fabulous... my husband and I went for restaurant week to try it out. It was our anniversary, we wrote that on our open table reservation, and guess what, they read it! And we were welcomed with a complimentary glass of champagne when we sat down. I knew I would come back just for that, until we ate and I had many more reasons to return. We got to choose 3 courses, anything from the menu (some for an upcharge), and we loved everything we got. We had a cozy corner booth, our waiter was just the right blend of attentive and leaving us alone (it was our anniversary after all, and we enjoyed our night without the kids). You should go, it is right across from the Highland commuter rail stop on the Needham line.Special Features:
- ChanskyDined on 8/26/2014The waiter we had was excellent. He was very attentive and explained the menu because we've never been there. We will definitely go back. The owner came out to check up on us constantly. The food was delicious and we LOVED the desserts.Special Features:
- A favorite go to restaurantSusieT11Dined on 8/23/2014We have eaten at Masona Grill several times and it is consistently great. I always order mussels for an app-fantastic. My main dish was the eggplant which is an interesting twist on an eggplant parm...served over spinach. My husband had the seared tuna and he loved it. Our friends had hangar steak and their special shrimp dish...everyone was happy. Dessert was Tres Leches cake and key lime pie...yummy. It was my friend's birthday and the waiter came out with a candle in her cake and the entire restaurant sang Happy Birthday! The wait staff is efficient and friendly and the entire vibe in the restaurant is comfortable and convivial. They change their menu seasonally and I can't wait til the Fall/winter for their Duck Two Ways to return...Special Features:
- Masona scores againBurnnurseDined on 8/19/2014Only had the chance to go out once during Restaurant Week (have forgotten the new name for restaurant week) and decided to go to Masona rather than one of the more expensive restaurants participating because we were in the mood for some good food in a relaxing atmosphere. It was the perfect place because we had excellent food, service and a comfortable friendly atmosphere. Could have saved more at a more expensive restaurant but we would not have had a better meal.Special Features:
- VindecalDined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed a birthday dinner at Masona, it was our first time dining there. The inside is comfortably large, with nice colors and woodwork, soft lighting, a great bar area in the back, and overall a very pleasant ambience. Service was great, very friendly and attentive server. Food terrific, we started with an original ginger-flavored cocktail (amazing!) and wine, shared simple bread and corn/quinoa cakes w pesto, and for mains had the hanger steak and duck -- both were perfectly prepared, and nicely presented on large plates. Tres leches with caramel for dessert, with candle, was the delightful coda. Strongly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Went on restaurant week in Boston, but would most differently go again. Everyone was so helpful with dinner recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2014we thoroughly enjoyed our time there, it was terrific food and the service was great. we will all go back again for sure.Special Features:
- UMparentVIPDined on 8/3/2014I've been here many times and this is the first time I have some hesitation about returning. I frequently order the mussels appetizer but found the broth slightly too salty for my taste. It certainly differed from previous presentations. The rare tuna suffered from slight overcooking but mostly from a soy based sauce that was too sweet. I believe I had ordered it on another occasion and it was fabulous at that time. Perhaps there is new personnel in the kitchen? I do plan to return based on years of enjoyment of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wwgrammyDined on 8/3/2014Empanada appetizer was really excellent as were our entrees. Very good service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobKDined on 7/29/2014can't beat the food and presentation, all at a good price.... oh, that coconut cake!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014We dine here frequently, the food and service is among the best in the area, truly a great restaurant. We recommend often to friends, and they are now customers as well. We particularly love the Peruvian influences in the cuisine, which is fresh and inventive, and we anticipate being enthusiastic patrons for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McjcVIPDined on 7/26/2014Masona never disappoints. Creative and delicious appetizers and entrees.Special Features:
- Enjoyable MealDotfoodiesDined on 7/24/2014We were seated immediately. Our waiter was friendly and attentive the entire evening. We started with cocktails while we looked over the menu I recommend the Sangria. For appetizers we had mussels they were tender and the broth so good dunking your bread is a must and if you like chicken livers you will not be disappointed. Our entrees soft shelled crabs and hanger steak was delicious that came out in a very complementary presentation. We will return there are so many items on the menu that we want to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Gem SparklesstarkjacksDined on 7/19/2014A neighborhood gem sparkles in West Roxbury's quiet back yard. Nestled out-of-the way across from the Highland T stop, Masona Grill could be missed. The signage is so understated you could miss the front entrance. Once you step inside, you will find yourself in a bohemian-style grotto, low-lit with warm, orange-hued lighting. From the "library corner" (best seat for four in the house) we were surrounded by shelves of cookbooks, yet could view the whole restaurant. Tucked away, we could enjoy our conversation privately, yet be part of the engaging community of diners. The best part of the evening was the food--delicious and eclectic-and the service--attentive and personable. The duck was delectable, scallops supreme. Our new favorite!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2014Food was ok,but thought the menu entrees were on the very high side for the restaurant
- Very good findChickitoutDined on 7/19/2014Did not know this existed, even though it was 10 minutes from my house. Not on a main street so I know how I had missed it. My wife and I were very surprised how much we really enjoyed our dining experience. We have already recommended it to some our friends. We'll done Masona Grill.Special Features:
- the food here always is fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014Great food, large portions. The watermelon salad was great. The crispy oysters are one of my favorites. We loved the scallop special with mushrooms. Well be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another pleasant experienceDancesanddineswithwolvesDined on 7/10/2014My wife and I had a wonderful evening, trying the softshell crab and shrimp dishes. Thanks a bunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Spot-Must TryBigKat1978Dined on 7/6/2014My friend who was in town from New York had suggested trying Peruvian food. Masona Grill offers Americanized Peruvian cuisine. I had read a number of glowing reviews on Trip Advisor, so I was encouraged before arriving at the restaurant. We had an amazing meal and enjoyed every aspect of the evening. The food was just amazing and I think I had the best Tres Leches dessert that I have ever tried in my life. I have traveled to South America and Southern Europe and to have come across this in West Roxbury was a treat. The menu is excellent and not overwhelming and there are some great wine choices as well. The ambiance and unique design makes it a wonderful and romantic date spot as well.Special Features:
- So good......Carolruth23VIPDined on 7/6/2014We had a wonderful meal at Masona Grill. My husband and I had a Groupon. We shared chicken livers as an appetizer. He had the paella and I shared the tuna tartar with a friend. Her husband also had the chicken livers and steak as his main course. We also shared the beet salad. Everything was so tasty. I had been craving chicken livers and the waiter said how great they were. He was right! This is one of our favorite restaurants and I feel that we are never disappointed with our choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014Five of us chose Masona Grill for a women's night out. Food was wonderful as usual. Orders were taken and our appetizers and dinners arrived in a timely manner. We spent several hours chatting while eating and never felt rushed. The only negative was that it was a hot, humid night and the ac wasn't working effectively - for which the staff apologized. Apparently the ac had just been serviced but clearly still had a problem. I expect the problem has been rectified by now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An out-of-the-way findJace1Dined on 7/1/2014Our third visit, the food has been consistently enjoyable and the service excellent.Special Features:
- WonderfulPhilVIPDined on 6/29/2014Once again, the food, service and presentation were superb. We have never been disappointed,and will continue to dine here .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014Food was delicious, fresh and plentiful. Service was friendly and efficient. Consistently very good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but loudelizkgdDined on 6/25/2014My fiance and I went back to Masona Grill for the second time, after purchasing a Groupon since we loved our first experience so much. This time we were seated in the upper section by the bar, and it was so loud we had significant trouble hearing each other! So much for our date night chatting. The food was good, but the experience was definitely less romantic and comfortable than our first time there (when we were seated in the lower level and felt like we had at least a bit more privacy, and could hear each other speak). Not sure if we will give it another try, but I definitely won't be as excited when it comes on Groupon next time around.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014The menu is interesting with many delectable Peruvian dishes. The food is consistently superb. The ambience is understated. This restaurant is about the food and it is the kind of place where the service is personal with the owner or chef typically visiting each party at some point during the night. They make each patron feel special and cared for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdacVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have been to this restaurant numerous times and have never had an unpleasant experience. Fabulous dining experience.Special Features:
- A Neighborhood gem in West RoxburyLulumomDined on 6/20/2014Funky little place on a side street and across from the commuter rail with a warm welcome and an eclectic menu. Creative food served beautifully. Friendly, feels like everyone there knows each other. Incredible oyster app. Yummy beet salad. Four of us with four different entrees and all happy. Not cheap and you might balk at the prices at such an inauspicious location. Worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.