4 Corey Street
West Roxbury, MA 02132Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://masonagrill.com/
- Phone: 6173233331x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Saturday:5pm-10pm; Sunday-Monday dinner 5pm-9pm.Evening Specials.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Manuel Sifnugel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The restaurant is available for private functions, parties and catering. Chef/Owner Manuel Sifnugel will personally meet you and design a unique & savory menu to suit your food and budget needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We would close the restaurant for a night, or part of the night, to provide total satisfaction for the potential client. Please call the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Manuel Sifnugel 6173233331x
- Entertainment: Masona Grill features monthly wine dinners and special events. For more information, please visit http://www.masonagrill.com
- Special Events: Please visit masonagrill.com or our facebook page for upcoming events and special offers.
- Cross Street: Park Street
- Public Transit: Commuter Needham line from Back Bay Station to Highland Station in West Roxbury. About 15 minutes.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Directly across the street is the commuter rail parking lot from the Highland station in West Roxbury. It is free after 4pm. Cars cannot be left overnight. Parking available along Corey, Park and Centre Streets.
A word from Masona Grill
Since the opening of Masona Grill in Spring 2006, chef/owner Manuel Sifnugel continues to challenge the boundaries of dining pleasure. Having created a unique dining experience with his previous restaurant Claremont Café, a long time South End favorite, Manuel has introduced the Parkway area and beyond to a fine New American cuisine with Mediterranean influence. Cilantro, lime, cumin, mint and ginger are key ingredients in Manuel’s cooking. His eclectic fare extends to the design and ambience of the restaurant. Colorful artwork, contemporary fixtures, hardwood floors and trendy pillows create a cozy yet upscale dining experience in a neighborhood restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Masona Grill - Best Restaurants in West Roxbury ›
Masona Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (87)fit for foodies (57)special occasion (36)romantic (30)good for groups (14)notable wine list (11)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- VindecalDined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed a birthday dinner at Masona, it was our first time dining there. The inside is comfortably large, with nice colors and woodwork, soft lighting, a great bar area in the back, and overall a very pleasant ambience. Service was great, very friendly and attentive server. Food terrific, we started with an original ginger-flavored cocktail (amazing!) and wine, shared simple bread and corn/quinoa cakes w pesto, and for mains had the hanger steak and duck -- both were perfectly prepared, and nicely presented on large plates. Tres leches with caramel for dessert, with candle, was the delightful coda. Strongly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2014we thoroughly enjoyed our time there, it was terrific food and the service was great. we will all go back again for sure.Special Features:
- UMparentVIPDined on 8/3/2014I've been here many times and this is the first time I have some hesitation about returning. I frequently order the mussels appetizer but found the broth slightly too salty for my taste. It certainly differed from previous presentations. The rare tuna suffered from slight overcooking but mostly from a soy based sauce that was too sweet. I believe I had ordered it on another occasion and it was fabulous at that time. Perhaps there is new personnel in the kitchen? I do plan to return based on years of enjoyment of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wwgrammyDined on 8/3/2014Empanada appetizer was really excellent as were our entrees. Very good service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobKDined on 7/29/2014can't beat the food and presentation, all at a good price.... oh, that coconut cake!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014We dine here frequently, the food and service is among the best in the area, truly a great restaurant. We recommend often to friends, and they are now customers as well. We particularly love the Peruvian influences in the cuisine, which is fresh and inventive, and we anticipate being enthusiastic patrons for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McjcVIPDined on 7/26/2014Masona never disappoints. Creative and delicious appetizers and entrees.Special Features:
- Enjoyable MealDotfoodiesDined on 7/24/2014We were seated immediately. Our waiter was friendly and attentive the entire evening. We started with cocktails while we looked over the menu I recommend the Sangria. For appetizers we had mussels they were tender and the broth so good dunking your bread is a must and if you like chicken livers you will not be disappointed. Our entrees soft shelled crabs and hanger steak was delicious that came out in a very complementary presentation. We will return there are so many items on the menu that we want to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Gem SparklesstarkjacksDined on 7/19/2014A neighborhood gem sparkles in West Roxbury's quiet back yard. Nestled out-of-the way across from the Highland T stop, Masona Grill could be missed. The signage is so understated you could miss the front entrance. Once you step inside, you will find yourself in a bohemian-style grotto, low-lit with warm, orange-hued lighting. From the "library corner" (best seat for four in the house) we were surrounded by shelves of cookbooks, yet could view the whole restaurant. Tucked away, we could enjoy our conversation privately, yet be part of the engaging community of diners. The best part of the evening was the food--delicious and eclectic-and the service--attentive and personable. The duck was delectable, scallops supreme. Our new favorite!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2014Food was ok,but thought the menu entrees were on the very high side for the restaurant
- Very good findChickitoutDined on 7/19/2014Did not know this existed, even though it was 10 minutes from my house. Not on a main street so I know how I had missed it. My wife and I were very surprised how much we really enjoyed our dining experience. We have already recommended it to some our friends. We'll done Masona Grill.Special Features:
- the food here always is fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014Great food, large portions. The watermelon salad was great. The crispy oysters are one of my favorites. We loved the scallop special with mushrooms. Well be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another pleasant experienceDancesanddineswithwolvesDined on 7/10/2014My wife and I had a wonderful evening, trying the softshell crab and shrimp dishes. Thanks a bunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Spot-Must TryBigKat1978Dined on 7/6/2014My friend who was in town from New York had suggested trying Peruvian food. Masona Grill offers Americanized Peruvian cuisine. I had read a number of glowing reviews on Trip Advisor, so I was encouraged before arriving at the restaurant. We had an amazing meal and enjoyed every aspect of the evening. The food was just amazing and I think I had the best Tres Leches dessert that I have ever tried in my life. I have traveled to South America and Southern Europe and to have come across this in West Roxbury was a treat. The menu is excellent and not overwhelming and there are some great wine choices as well. The ambiance and unique design makes it a wonderful and romantic date spot as well.Special Features:
- So good......Carolruth23VIPDined on 7/6/2014We had a wonderful meal at Masona Grill. My husband and I had a Groupon. We shared chicken livers as an appetizer. He had the paella and I shared the tuna tartar with a friend. Her husband also had the chicken livers and steak as his main course. We also shared the beet salad. Everything was so tasty. I had been craving chicken livers and the waiter said how great they were. He was right! This is one of our favorite restaurants and I feel that we are never disappointed with our choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014Five of us chose Masona Grill for a women's night out. Food was wonderful as usual. Orders were taken and our appetizers and dinners arrived in a timely manner. We spent several hours chatting while eating and never felt rushed. The only negative was that it was a hot, humid night and the ac wasn't working effectively - for which the staff apologized. Apparently the ac had just been serviced but clearly still had a problem. I expect the problem has been rectified by now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An out-of-the-way findJace1Dined on 7/1/2014Our third visit, the food has been consistently enjoyable and the service excellent.Special Features:
- WonderfulPhilVIPDined on 6/29/2014Once again, the food, service and presentation were superb. We have never been disappointed,and will continue to dine here .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014Food was delicious, fresh and plentiful. Service was friendly and efficient. Consistently very good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but loudelizkgdDined on 6/25/2014My fiance and I went back to Masona Grill for the second time, after purchasing a Groupon since we loved our first experience so much. This time we were seated in the upper section by the bar, and it was so loud we had significant trouble hearing each other! So much for our date night chatting. The food was good, but the experience was definitely less romantic and comfortable than our first time there (when we were seated in the lower level and felt like we had at least a bit more privacy, and could hear each other speak). Not sure if we will give it another try, but I definitely won't be as excited when it comes on Groupon next time around.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014The menu is interesting with many delectable Peruvian dishes. The food is consistently superb. The ambience is understated. This restaurant is about the food and it is the kind of place where the service is personal with the owner or chef typically visiting each party at some point during the night. They make each patron feel special and cared for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdacVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have been to this restaurant numerous times and have never had an unpleasant experience. Fabulous dining experience.Special Features:
- A Neighborhood gem in West RoxburyLulumomDined on 6/20/2014Funky little place on a side street and across from the commuter rail with a warm welcome and an eclectic menu. Creative food served beautifully. Friendly, feels like everyone there knows each other. Incredible oyster app. Yummy beet salad. Four of us with four different entrees and all happy. Not cheap and you might balk at the prices at such an inauspicious location. Worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousskc02130Dined on 6/18/2014Always delicious, great service, fantastic experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific PlaceBillandJanetDined on 6/14/2014We've been eating at Masona Grille for several years, and have enjoyed every visit. The menu covers a wide variety of tastes, and always features several seafood entrees. The wine selection is good, and the margaritas are great. The servers are always friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 6/12/2014Masona never disappoints. Great food, beautiful presentation, wonderful service. It's a "go to"restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!SpaxieDined on 6/11/2014We have been meaning to try Masona for the past few months. My guy is Peruvian, so he is familiar with that type of food. We got the cousa(sp?) as an appetizer and it was perfect, loved the sauce! Our main courses (shrimp for me, lamb for him) were delicous. The tres leche (sp?) - I am obviously not Peruvian, dessert was outstanding. I thought it would be super sweet, but it was the perfect blend of flavors. I would highly recommend this restaurant and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- isk1isk1VIPDined on 6/5/2014Masona continues to be one of my favorite restaurants. The food is always reliably delicious. We had an appetizer of pear salad which was yummy. For the main dish, I had the soft shell crabs which is my favorite and absolutely excellent. My partner had the scallops which she said was also superb. The presentation was beautiful, and the wait staff was helpful and cheerful. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/4/2014We've been here twice and it is a new favorite. We haven't been disappointed with anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmyODined on 5/28/2014I have dined at Masona several times, and am always pleased. The food is inventive and tasty.Special Features:
- kennDined on 5/24/2014Food presentation is only matched by the excellent quality of the prepared dishes. Rather pricey for the area but, well worth itSpecial Features:
- EXCELLENT -As Usual!!!JWFAMDined on 5/22/2014Food was delicious. Service was excellent. What more needs to be said. Go with friends, family, for a romantic dinner, anytime. You'll love it!Special Features:
- Used to be goodyummyDined on 5/19/2014We have been to Masona Grill before , it was excellent. This time we were going for a very special birthday. We had a 7 PM reservation and were seated by the owner/chef(who had been extremely friendly the last time). It turns out there was only ONE waiter who was also the bar tender. The restaurant was close to full. We waited one hour for an appetizer and two hours for our food. My husband went around and filled ours and other patrons water glasses because there was no one to do it. The food was good but by the time the food came, I truly had lost my appetite. Overall it was so disappointing. Also my husband and daughter had the paella. It was beautifully prepared but so spicy my daughter could not eat it. My husband loved it.Special Features:
- Consistently goodrepeatVIPDined on 5/10/2014Each visit has the same problem -- too many choices which we want to eat or share! Well worth the trip (actually frequent trips).Special Features:
- Consistently good!Carolruth23VIPDined on 5/4/2014Always have a good meal here! Staff is good. Will accommodate for old favorite recipes if they have the ingredients.Special Features:
- shadpaDined on 5/3/2014We have gone here for many special occasions and have always been extremely pleased!Special Features:
- Great foodeggyVIPDined on 5/2/2014We eat there frequently. Very good consistent food. Great chicken, scallops, eggplant, calimari. Mixed drinks are supoptimal. Stick with beer or wineSpecial Features:
- Masona GrillLocal02132Dined on 5/2/2014Great neighborhood spot in West Roxbury. Friendly staff and great food. Reservations recommended.Special Features:
- Food as good as the best in BostonVickiDined on 5/2/2014Given the quality of the food, we were surprised at how empty it was on a Friday evening. Maybe it's a bit pricey for W Roxbury?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific findLorraineDined on 4/27/2014Love this place - food is exceptionally creative and interesting ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.