Masina Trattoria Italiana
500 Harbor Blvd.
Weehawken, NJ 07086Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Masina Trattoria Italiana
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.masinatrattoria.com/
- Phone: 2013484444x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 12:00 - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sun & Mon 5 - 10pm; Tues - Sat 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Masina Trattoria Italiana provides the perfect environment for a birthday party, engagement gathering, holiday party, or corporate event; for groups of 12 to 25 guests celebrating an event, we provide a cake with our compliments.
- Private Party Facilities: Masina Trattoria Italiana offers incredible views of Manhattan and can accommodate private functions, from small intimate dinner parties to large banquets and events up to 292 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kristin 2018676236x208
- Special Events: Masina Trattoria Italiana has great space for small parties up to 25 guests at $25 per person, and can accommodate larger parties as well. Masina Trattoria Italiana is the perfect location for a holiday gathering, with great atmosphere and wonderful view.
- Public Transit: Lincoln Harbor Ferry to New York City 7 minutes; New Jersey Transit Buses to NYC, Port Authority; Light Rail Train system travels along the Hudson River from Fort Lee to Hoboken; Jersey City to Liberty State Park and bayonne, NJ
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: 250 easily accessible & patrolled spots right next to the restaurant.
A word from Masina Trattoria Italiana
Authentic Italian CuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Masina Trattoria Italiana - Best Restaurants in Weehawken ›
Masina Trattoria Italiana reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (16)romantic (7)special occasion (5)good for groups (4)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- What's with the no lamb excuses?MASHDined on 9/20/2014I enjoy this place but it's the third time we've been here and they've told us the don't have the lamb to serve; I'm not a big beef eater so I enjoy finding somewhere that serves such an alternative and they do a fantastic job with it. The wait staff fumbled to say why it's not there but is still on the menu. When I asked the bartender to add our tab to the dinner menu he said no it's two different revenues; but he'd just okayed the couple next to us doing so... hhhmmm The only other complaint I have is the dirt that is very visible in the carpet walkways the staff tracks back and forth on daily; this can be seen at night during the peak dinner hours of 8-10 p.m. when the light is low for the dinner ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view is great - but that's it!MiriamDined on 9/19/2014Great view of Manhattan, but neither the food nor the service was good. Dirty table, unattenyive staff, good prices but that's it. Food highlight ( only one) was the dessert: flour less chocolate cake.Special Features:
- The view is the starLBerDined on 8/19/2014Nice location looking toward Manhattan. Great venue but in desperate need of an upgrade. Carpeting, furniture, decor all dated and, well, dirty. Service was attentive and food was average although a nice glaze on the skirt steak. This could be a superb place attached to the Sheraton and on the water with some attention.Special Features:
- Sorry experienceOldergentlemanVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were seated next to a huge table celebrating sn occasion and requested a quieter table. We were told no and left. We have eaten there before and it was notjing special but they overbooked and could not handle it.
- Not a good restaurantMalle83288Dined on 8/9/2014First I has to find my waiter. He had little knowledge of the entrees we inquired about, calamari appetizer was salty as was all food served. Would not return did a second try.
- Don't Go For the FoodfoodluvrDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I both had pasta dishes and they were horrible! Our waiter probably noticed the look on my face and didn't even ask me if I wanted to take it home. We will NOT be returning to eat food...maybe drinks. I would not recommend this "restaurant"...Special Features:
- Have always enjoyed MasinalefluidityDined on 7/29/2014Have always enjoyed Masina Trattoria. View can't be beat and have had some very good dishes there. Last visit uncharacteristically ordered a pork chop and it was dull and uninspired. Next time I'll stick with Italian dishes. Last visit was also on a Tuesday, which may not have been a best night. Will go back and recommend for the view, caring service, and decent Italian food. Although can't top rate the food, the service has always been good and the view absolutely can't be beat.Special Features:
- TravelerVIPDined on 7/28/2014There were only six table of diners in the entire resturant and it took nearly 30 minutes to get a lox and bagel order. Seriously? The restaurant is part of the Sheraton Hotel so there are a lot of business travelers here and to take so long to prepare and serve an order is unacceptable. The service is horrible. No refill of water or coffee at all. The tip is pre-included so after they serve you the waiters go and congregate and hang out behind the bar rather than check on diner's needs. I get better service at diners. To include gratuity beforehand is a total rip off.
- Great view, atrocious "service"TravelerVIPDined on 7/27/2014All things considered the food was pretty good but the worst service ever. Seriously was sitting for nearly 15 minutes and did not even receive a glass of water. The restuarant wasn't even that busy. The kale salad was good and skirt steak was ok. Server never came back to check if everything was ok and never even had a refill on my water. Asked for an itemized receipt and the server asked what that was. I asked for my bill to be charged to my room and he transposed the numbers and had to come back to ask my room number again. Considering the atrcious service, I felt completely taken advantage of when I saw the gratuity was already added onto my bill and I was dining alone. The menu states gratuity is added for parties but for one?!Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We had purchased a Travel Zoo and when we first arrived, was a little skeptical. It was not crowded and the service was a little slow, and the menu does not have a lot to choose from. My husband ordered the chicken and they told him it would be about 25 minutes to cook. I ordered the manila clams over linguine. the portions were very small. In fact, they only gave 6 clams over the linguine. I said how surprised i was they only gave 6 clams. But 5 minutes later, the waiter came out with dish 12 manila clams maybe he forgot to add those clams? Anyway, my dish was delicious. My husband's chicken was delicious too. After dinner we ordered the freshly made donuts with ice cream on top. Melted in our mouths. It was very very yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just oksandyvita17Dined on 7/12/2014The only fabulous aspect about this restaurant is the breathtaking view of the NYC skyline. The food was pretty good, service ok, and the drinks were just eh. However, all over priced and could be a little cleaner. For such an ideal location, nothing here is really special.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantAlanDined on 6/28/2014A hidden Gem! Love the location! Masina is a fantastic restaurant! The Manhattan view plus a delicious menu makes this restaurant a wonderful combo! And the prices, especially their location, is the reason why Masina is a hidden gem! Highly recommend and can't wait to dine there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUANClarkDined on 6/27/2014The restaurant was great; good-sized portions of Italian food that was more Italian than American. Our waiter, Juan, really made our night though. He was responsive, not at all overbearing, and treated us like long-lost friends. We were only going for the Living Social deal, but will go back thanks to the great first impression!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 351 reviews are from the Masina Trattoria Italiana reviews archive.
- Under staff the nigth we went..Rmb1670Dined on 6/21/2014Not enough servers the night we went.. So that through the whole night off.. Food was good, tasty but not great.. Our waiter Juan was very sweet.. And under pressure.. He gave us dessert on the house.. Great view of the NYC!!Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedMasinaVIPDined on 6/20/2014Used a Living Social deal for dinner so our expectations were not that high. What a pleasant surprise. Food was excellent. Service was incredible and the view overlooking downtown Manhattan was breath taking! The only thing that could be improved is the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Escape with a view!MASHDined on 6/8/2014Loved our waiterJuan, knowledgable, friendly, professional, knows the menu and wines; Great manager who came to every table and took a few minutes to chat with customers and ensure everything was fine. Loved the view!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Every thing was excellent!!!! We enjoyed the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible RestaurantDontgoDined on 6/7/2014Would never go back! Food & Service was very very poor. Menu limited and less than average.
- great dining experiencevwhite10Dined on 6/6/2014Wonderful dinner. Our waiter was wonderful and lOved the view. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so so food.KBL1Dined on 5/31/2014My pork chop was raw at the center. Service was rush and not friendly.Special Features:
- Just OKPaulVIPDined on 5/31/2014We both felt the food was not bad, but not outstanding. We had the baked clams for an app and the Bistecca (steak) & Bronzino. The baked clams were not bad, the steak was cooked well, but it wasn't a "bistecca" in the true sense. We could have gotten the same cut at an Outback, etc...the Bronzino was overcooked. The dessert saved the night. We had the grilled donuts and ricotta cheesecake! WOW!! We would go back just for those HA! We also thought it was a bit pricey and we didn't like the tip being included with your bill. It wasn't like we were a large group, only 2 of us. They tack on 20%, but luckily we would have given him that. Perhaps another chance is in order, at least for the grilled donuts!
- WEEHAWKEN? WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHTTirednessVIPDined on 5/18/2014If you LOVE good food and want great service with a view---well, this is the place. They have a variety of choices on their menu, but not to excess where the thought comes, "what do they do with the leftovers." I usually go with meat and my husband goes with either a meat dish or chicken. Their appetizers are perfect also. We've had their soups (great) but it's spring. Too warm. The only dish we have not tried is their pizzas. Every time we see it pass by, we say, "definitely the next time." They look fabulous and no one has ever left a crumb. This obviously tells you that we will be coming back, again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food incredible viewsHomecookingVIPDined on 5/17/2014Food is great ! We had deal from living social which was a real bargain. Service is spotty either the waiter is there every few seconds or they are nowhere to be found. Bar is open in restaurant seating area and can be quite noisy. Right next to ferry if you come from Manhattan .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not completely satisfied!momDaydiningDined on 5/11/2014The Head Waiter seemed to have to much on his hands. Overheard him cursing at one if the other waiters. After we placed our order we decided to add fries as a side order and they were brought out as appetizers instead with the meal. The food was good but the service not so much. Would I go back? I think not!
- A perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Masina Trattoria Italiana provided us with the perfect setting for my husband and I to enjoy some quiet time together. The staff were wonderful and attentive and the food was plentiful great. We are not local to Weehawkin but will return for a another fine evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- ExcellentJanjo123Dined on 5/3/2014Juan was a wonderful waiter and was very helpful in choosing the right entre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HostessOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 4/26/2014Extremely unprofessional hostess. Greeted us rudely and deliberately deleted my reservation for open table. Kept us waiting for about 30 mins. After dinner, when asked about my cancelled reservation she pretended like I wasnt talking to her. Had to call and complain to the manager who defended her terrible attitude and never apologized for the mishap. People like her should never hold customer related jobs, let alone interact with any clients. Good food but terrible experience based on the poor attitude received at the door.
- Disappointing mealhartDined on 4/20/2014I was very disappointed in our easter brunch. The eggs tasted like the were packaged and the service was very slow (gratuity is automatically added to the check) so there was no incentive for service. I had to walk around for several minutes to find someone to get our check, I will not be returning. We are very sorry we did not choose a different restaurant for this special day. The good thing was the viewSpecial Features:
- The menu was somewhat limited.JDeanDined on 4/13/2014The menu was somewhat limited. I had the mushroom pappardelle. My date had Rigatoni Bolognese. We had the steamed mussels appetizer. Everything was good but just good, nothing special. The waiter was very nice but service was terrible. Extremely slow. After we got our food, we never saw our waiter again till I finally stopped the waiter and asked for our check. The restaurant was not full but they looked like they were short-handed. We were seated by the window and had a very nice view of NYC. The restaurant was a little too cold (chilly) for me.Special Features:
- Amazing but could be so much more!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014With delicious food and a view like this, I feel like owners aren't doing as much as they can to elevate the experience. Our waiter was a charmer and served us with class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nightBarbDined on 4/5/2014Restaurant had a wonderful view of NYC. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and was there if needed but not right on top of us. We arrived a little earlier then our reservation, but the restaurant was more then helpful in getting us seated. I would recommend this restaurant for dining out with friends or for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Pick, Mostly for ViewJohnDined on 3/25/2014The food was good, everyone enjoyed their salads, entrees and side dishes, but it was nothing exceptional. The service was very good without being too overbearing or annoying. Just right. The ambience is ok. But it is the view of Manhattan that is spectacular. Very nice. I also liked that the noise level was very low. We could actually hear each other talk in normal tones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much potential...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014While our server was awesome, and the view was amazing, everything else was very lackluster. The food was as Italian as papa john, and with the dark wood panneling I felt like I was in a TGI Fridays from 1996.
- Lovely eveningBrendaDined on 3/21/2014Staff was very nice, food delicious, great atmosphere and the host sat us by a table with the view to the city without us even asking; had a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I came there for my birthday.PiscesgirlDined on 3/15/2014I came there for my birthday. Both the host and our waiter were extremely helpful and caring and attentive. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Perfect place for dating,nyfoodieDined on 3/2/2014Perfect place for dating, anniversary etc. a hidden gem in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/22/2014My husband and I found Masina through a livingsocial coupon so we decided to try it. We went with another couple and had a great time. Our waiter was very nice and social. Our view of the NYC skyline was great, and the food was delicious. Overall, great experience, and we'll definitely be going back soon.Special Features:
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2014You are paying for the view of manhattan.... Dessert is excellent...other food is mediocre and over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayMaJaDaDined on 2/14/2014Went here for Valentine's Day. While the ambiance and view are great, the special menu was lackluster. The everyday menu is much better IMO.Special Features:
- Feb 8 DinnerBob1Dined on 2/8/2014The food and service were excellent. We had a nice table with a view of the Hudson and New York City. A great place to have dinner and then take a walk along the river.Special Features: