Mashawi Mediterranean Cuisine
366 Roy Street
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Mashawi Mediterranean Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mashawirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2062820078
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm: Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Lebanese
- Executive Chef: Paul Maroun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Mashawi Mediterranean Cuisine
Looking up at the Seattle Space needle, Mashawi is a family restaurant focusing on bringing comfort food from the Mediterranean; specifically Lebanon to our patrons. We are a family owned and ran restaurant. Every dish is made by hand in the kitchen by the owners/chefs with more then 20+ years cooking authentic Lebanese/Mediterranean food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mashawi Mediterranean Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Pre Aussie Floyd showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014If you like Mediterranean, this is the place. The owner is the chef and the babaganouj was the best I've had; smokey and smooth. The kibby meatballs and tzatziki were fantastic and the main course of lamb shwarma was more than filling and reasonably priced, but the lamb was a bit tough and and gristly. Restrooms are very spacious and clean, as well. We will definitely dine here again, and only one street over from McCaw Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wood fire grill & flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014I loved the orange spice iced tea. All the wood-fire entrees were amazing. They also provided a tasty lentil soup and a simple salad with each meal.Special Features:
- Great Mediterranean FoodAutumnVIPDined on 8/23/2014We made last minute reservations at Mashawi because we were attending an event at McCaw Hall. We were very pleased at the quantity and quality of the food. 3 of us ordered the Vegetarian Combo dinner, and 1 ordered a chicken dish. All meals came with a delicious yellow split pea soup, followed by a green salad with a very garlicky dressing, then followed by our entrees - which were substantial. All the food was tasty and fresh - I especially liked the falafel, hummus, and baba ganouj on my Vegetarian Combo plate. The wine list was so-so because they featured wines from Lebanon and Macedonia. Good try - but wine was OK.Special Features:
- DeliciousEyaGDined on 8/23/2014We have been here many times and are never disappointed. The food is very tasty and the servings generous, you may have enough to take home for a meal the next day! Everyone we have recommended to try Mashawi has enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014If you like Middle Eastern food, or would like to try it, this restaurant is a real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great service.sallyvonbutaneDined on 7/19/2014I love this restaurant. I'm so happy we tried it. We will definitely return and it was a pleasure eating both vegetarian and meat food that was so perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- Save room for the BaklawachloeVIPDined on 7/10/2014Second time dining here and it was just as delicious. The service is great, portions are filling, everything was full of flavor. The Mashawi Combination was prefect, as we were able to sample a nice assortment of items. Definitely save room for dessert!Special Features:
- Always Reliable4eatsDined on 6/6/2014Mashawi is consistently good. I'm working my way through the menu and have enjoyed everything I have had, except for the spicy salmon. It was a tad too spicy for me,Special Features:
- Great foodLobstahboyVIPDined on 5/31/2014Food was memorable. Get the Mezza appetizer. A taste of several dishes. Hummus and falafel were tasty. The Mediterranean salad was excellent. The lemon chicken on top made the salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner before concertOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014We truly enjoyed our experience! The waiter decided for us what to get and everything was delicious! We started with the mezza and then shared one lamb and one chicken dish. It was full of flavor and some of the best Lebanese food I have had in awhile. We will be sure to return whenever we are near the Seattle center!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodSomeoneSomewhereVIPDined on 5/29/2014You have to try the fried cauliflower appetizer. Spectacular. (And everything else is great as well, except for street parking, which is pretty close to nonexistent.)Special Features:
- The following 35 reviews are from the Mashawi Mediterranean Cuisine reviews archive.
- Great before the performanceb4theshowDined on 5/17/2014The food is tasty and well prepared and they do their very best to serve everyone on a schedule to accommodate attending a nearby performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QwkslvrcatDined on 5/17/2014Love the food, hate the service! 2nd time here before Opera; may not go again unless there's no Center event. Service was sooooo slow! Sitting 10 min. before waitress showed up. At least able to give dinner order with beverage order. Dinner came, said would bring the pita, never did. Realize most patrons were pre-opera so busy till 7, then would die but knowing that, you'd think they would have more help, at least for an hour. Noticed service to the tables on either side was more timely. Had to wave waitress down for the check. She never came back once entree served; would likely have had another glass of wine (plus the bread). The couscous w/the lamb shank wasn't very good, tasted like cardboard. Lamb shank excellent!Special Features:
- Excellent foodthelaurenVIPDined on 4/5/2014Very good food for a very reasonable price. Also a great location for attending anything at the Seattle Center. Service was good and food was authentic Arabic cuisine. The Mesa, which was a large sampling of all sorts of appetizer's was very good . Portions are large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good mealEatsVIPDined on 4/4/2014Soup, salad and a healthy delicious meal is consistently served every time I frequent this wonderful little restaurant. The fresh ingredients, sauces and spices create the best home cooked meals. This little gem is tucked between many other restaurants across from the McCaw Hall parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatJosephDined on 3/30/2014Always a good meal served by friendly and helpful staff.Special Features:
- ALWAYS A GOOD EXPERIENCE4eatsDined on 3/15/2014Dining at Mashawi is always convenient before events at McCaw Hall, Seattle Rep, Cornish Playhouse , Seattle Children's Theatre or Key Arena. Make a reservation for 5:30 and you'll easily be out by 7 p.m. to make your event. Staff is speedy, efficient and pleasant. I'm working my way through the menu and still have about half of it to go. WARNING: Dinners come with SOUP AND SALAD. So if you don't have a big appetite, just order the main dish. Or two appetizers and a soup are a FULL MEAL. ENJOYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theatre winnertitchmomDined on 3/1/2014We went to this restaurant because of its proximity to Seattle Center. The food was terrific and the wait staff was very helpful. We had huge portions and I took the waiter's recommendation and ordered what he suggested between my two finalists. Couldn't have been happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the Performanceb4theshowDined on 2/26/2014This is a good restaurant for a good meal, tasty dishes that are not heavy at all, before a performance at the nearby Seattle Center. They have nice wines to go with dinner and the place is fine for a conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mediterranean FoodSomeoneSomewhereVIPDined on 2/16/2014Lots of food, all very good. The main courses look a tad pricey, but they include lentil soup and a salad... and the portions are big enough to share, or to have lunch with the next day.Special Features:
- awesome authentic Mediteranean fareYanniDined on 2/15/2014We were pleasantly surprised at how authentic the food was on our first visit. We'll be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was good exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/5/2014Everything was good except for the grape leaves...those were taken out of can and served on a plate (disappointing!). The grilled items and the Salmon were nicely prepared. The Tabboule and appetizers were excellent. The Kibbe balls were exquisite.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodNorCalGalVIPDined on 2/4/2014We knew nothing about this little restaurant other than it was close to our hotel. What a wonderful surprise. The food was wonderful, and oh so flavorful! The portions are huge, better for sharing with a group, and had we known when we ordered we would have shared an entree as you get a full meal - soup and salad. We will return the next time we are in Seattle.Special Features:
- Overwhelmed on Opera NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014This might be a wonderful place when it's not too busy. But I'm guessing that for the number of people arriving for dinner at 6 pm, they had one or two too few wait staff and maybe the same in the kitchen. if they couldn't handle the number of people showing up before an opera on a Saturday night, they shouldn't take so many reservations; our service was slow, and the food just wasn't up to par. Filling the restaurant to over-capacity wasn't the best tactic in this case.
- Opera goers--This is your spot!LizzyDined on 1/25/2014My husband and I appreciate fresh food, well prepared. That describes our dining experience at Mashawi Mediterranean Restaurant. I love the variety on the menu. Each dish is seasoned specially and there is obvious care in presentation. We are planning to return for my husband's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Called to cancel the reservationTinaDined on 1/25/2014No liquor license yes even though there are three search terms listed with the word "bar." In my book, that's misleading. Also, asked abut arriving at the 1/4 hour (only hour and 1/2 available in your system) and got a rather panicked response stating "We are pretty busy; you know there are two shows tonight in Seattle Center!" But isn't that normal for a restaurant located a block from the center?? Please do not count my Food, Ambiance, and Noise ratings! Your system made me add those.
- ALWAYS DELICIOUS4eatsDined on 1/18/2014I've been working my way through the menu for the past year. Have found some favorites that I go back to, but frequently try their specials or another dish. Only once was I disappointed in that a spicy salmon dish was too spicy for me. Otherwise, the presentation, taste and flavorings have all been just fine. I recommend Mashawi for anyone attending an event in or around Seattle Center. Book your reservation no later than 5:30 and you'll get to your performance in plenty of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food;covenient by Seattle Ctr.DavidDined on 1/15/2014Ate dinner at Mashawi before an opera at Seattle Opera. We were late for our reservation due to traffic, but the staff was more than accommodating in finding us a table as soon as they could and expediting our order. They were helpful with telling us which menu items would take too long to cook. The restaurant was packed, food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menu, decent foodEmmanuelVIPDined on 1/4/2014There are better alternatives if you really want good middle Eastern food.decent if you have to stay near Seattle Center. Atmosphere of the restaurant was nice and service was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013The service was outstanding, the food was very good, and the portions were - well, let's just say if you go away from here hungry you're doing something wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year Eve's dinnerTeddyDined on 12/31/2013Horrible wine selection. Lamb was over cooked in the combo kabobs. Wat too much garlic used in salad and in the entrees. Service was very good.
- Excellent service and excellent fodMattDined on 12/14/2013We had reservations for 6:00 PM, and had tickets to the ballet at MacCaw Hall at 7:30. Unfortunately, coming from out of town, we did not give ourselves nearly enough time for the traffic and construction everywhere. We finally got there at around 6:45, they still sat us right away, and fully accommodated our rushed schedule. They went out of their way to make sure our food came out as fast as possible, and were ready with boxes and the check right when we needed them. We got to the show on time and were still able to enjoy a delicious, if slightly rushed, meal.Special Features:
- Such a Treat!VeggieMomDined on 12/8/2013My friend and I wanted to go to a nearby restaurant before an event at Key Arena so we thought we'd give Mashawi a shot. It was a Sunday evening so it was very quiet and few patrons were in the small restaurant so we were a little leery. But, was a great surprise! The service was fast, the food was absolutely delicious and the portions were very generous. I had a vegetarian sampler plate and all of my new food was absolutely wonderful. My friend had a simple chicken kabob plate and hers was also delicious, the rice is so tasty. There was so much food we had to take our leftovers to the car before our show; it was too good not to save! I'll definitely be back when I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2013My wife and I were heading here to dine before the Michael Buble concert. We got rear ended and thus delayed. We called the restaurant and they held a table for us. This was great as our delay lasted longer than anticipated. We pre-ordered our food and it was out hot and ready within 10 minutes of our arrival. The service was hands down our best we have experienced in Seattle which is saying something as Seattle is full of great places to eat. Now onto the food. The Falafel balls were crisp and hot on the outside and melt in your mouth on the inside. The accompanying sauce was fresh made and had a delicious tang to it. I had the Beef Schwarma and my wife had the Lamb Kabobs. Both exceeded our expectations. A must go for Lebanese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle Center Pre-Performance4eatsDined on 11/15/2013This is a convenient spot for dinner before attending an event at McCaw Hall, Cornish Playhouse, Seattle Rep or any Seattle Center event. Reservations are a MUST. I'm working my way through the menu and have liked 95% of what I've had. Service is always attentive without being overbearing. Make sure you tell wait staff you're going to a performane and when you want to leave. They meet the deadline or beat it every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surpriseJoachimDined on 10/19/2013Attentive service by knowledgeable wait staff without being hovering and fussy. Quality food at a good valueSpecial Features:
- great pre-event restaurantJudeDined on 10/4/2013Mashawi has excellent food & service + it's extremely convenient for pre-event dinning before theater/ballet/opera events.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good locationMIMIDined on 9/29/2013This restaurant has good mediterranean cuisine and good, friendly service. Also it is close to the center and if you are going to an event and parking at the garage, it s just across the street. The portions are quite large, so go hungry!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood findHawaiDined on 8/8/2013Was visiting Seattle and had experienced terrible traffic getting from the hotel to restaurants. Decided to look in neighborhood around hotel and found Mashawi. Was a pleasant 5 min walk instead of hour plus in a car. Street front was not anything special but inside ambiance was nice. Service was quick and food was great. Had beef and shrimp kabob combo and enjoyed it. Meat was not filet but was tender like a filet and had three small steaks not just three cubes and was cooked just as I ordered it. Shrimp came with 5 good sized tiger prawns and were well seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Get Enough of Mashawi4eatsDined on 6/8/2013I am working my way through the menu. I've had dinner there May 24, June 1, June 7 and June 8. Every dish I've had has been interesting and satisfying. I get a full explanation of the ingredients and how spicy the dish is before I order it. I have never been disappointed. I've taken nine people there and all of them have been pleased with their meal AND the value you get!!! Service and care are impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.