Mashawi Mediterranean Cuisine
366 Roy Street
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Mashawi Mediterranean Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mashawirestaurant.com/
- Phone: (206) 282-0078
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm: Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Lebanese
- Executive Chef: Paul Maroun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Mashawi Mediterranean Cuisine
Looking up at the Seattle Space needle, Mashawi is a family restaurant focusing on bringing comfort food from the Mediterranean; specifically Lebanon to our patrons. We are a family owned and ran restaurant. Every dish is made by hand in the kitchen by the owners/chefs with more then 20+ years cooking authentic Lebanese/Mediterranean food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mashawi Mediterranean Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (6)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- I was hoping for moreFoodFirstDined on 11/22/2014I remember when the Mediterranean Kitchen (the parent of Mashawi, now in Bellevue) was on Roy Street years ago. Portions are still ample and each dinner comes with lentil soup and a salad. Shish Tawook was more lemony and less grilled than hoped for. Lamb Shwarma had thin-sliced little pieces of lamb that were less than hoped for. The chicken thighs were (as always) perfect. If you come here, have no fear of garlic! The service was thoughtful, but for a long stretch when drink refills were desired, no waiter looked in our direction. A team approach (not waiting 'til our own waiter is looking at us) might help, as other staff passed us with studied tunnel vision.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014My friends and went here before the ballet. All the items we ordered were enjoyed and I liked the unique wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KpseaDined on 11/15/2014Decent, but if you're looking for a Mediterranean meal, I'd recommend Plaka in Ballard instead--better prices, food and service!Special Features:
- Great Mashawi chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/6/2014I tried their eponymous chicken dish this time, "Dajaj Mashawi". It was very flavorful. My only gripe is that I wished they added more meat. I'll ask for extra next time.
- Very convenient for Seattle CenterCCBacchusVIPDined on 10/31/2014Some good lamb dishes, some interesting wines. Very close and easy to get to for McCaw Hall.Special Features:
- Should be better known.decanoVIPDined on 10/30/2014Mashawi serves excellent Middle Eastern food at reasonable prices. Service is courteous and efficient. The location could not be more convenient for events at Seattle Center (McCaw Hall, the Seattle Repertory Theatre, Key Arena). I am surprised that the restaurant is often lightly patronized. If you want satisfaction and value and are a little tired of the "Oh, aren't we cool?" atmosphere at places like Toulouse Petit and Collections Cafe, come to Mashawi!Special Features:
- OkayCharlieZVIPDined on 10/29/2014I had the lamb kabob, they were good. My spouse had the lamb couscous, okay. The service was rushed and there were open tables. Not so sure we will be back. It's a shame as we need good restaurants near McCaw Hall. We're there for two subscription series events.Special Features:
- Excellent Neighborhood GemEatOutOftenVIPDined on 10/25/2014Food is excellent in this small quiet neighborhood gem. I have been there many times for lunch. This was our first dinner there. Service is quick & food is top notch. We went before the Opera & they are very conscious of getting you there one time. We will be returning!Special Features:
- Good Lebanese foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/22/2014I've been to several Lebanese or other middle eastern restaurants. Many are average, but this one stands out because the dishes have more flavor. My only gripe is that their Shawarma is not offered as a sandwich for dinner.Special Features:
- Good Lebonese FoodAutumnVIPDined on 10/16/2014This is my second time at Mashawi, and both times we have a great meal. The menu is vegetarian friendly, the food is well prepared, and the service is friendly. This time two of us split the mezze plate which came with all the usual middle-eastern small plates. All were very good (and garlicky). I especially liked the baba ganouj, cauliflower, and falafel. The only down side was one of our wine selections. The Lebonese wine was actually good - the WA state Cab was awful.Special Features:
- Excellent Foodlinbro57Dined on 10/14/2014I was in the Seattle area on business and this restaurant was close to the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent food and service. Everything was very good. The meals include both soup and salad and the soup was a very tasty lentil soup. The salad had a light, fruity vinaigrette that was also excellent. I ordered the prawns skewer and they were done to perfection. The main dish was served with a saffron rice, vegetables and hummus. Their pita bread was also excellent. The server was very knowledgeable and helpful. I would definitely return to this restaurant!Special Features:
- Ethnic and very tastyBillymcVIPDined on 9/27/2014We were en route to a concert, and looking for something unusual. The Mashawi fit the bill with both soup and salad included with ample tasty entrees to savor. The prices were very good, and service got everyone fed on time before their shows (allow 90 mins).Special Features:
- ALWAYS DELICIOUS4eatsDined on 9/27/2014I'm working my way through the menu. If you're not up to a big meal of soup, salad, big main dish with lots of rice, then have two appetizers and the soup and you'll be quite satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Aussie Floyd showDrewskiDiningDined on 9/19/2014If you like Mediterranean, this is the place. The owner is the chef and the babaganouj was the best I've had; smokey and smooth. The kibby meatballs and tzatziki were fantastic and the main course of lamb shwarma was more than filling and reasonably priced, but the lamb was a bit tough and and gristly. Restrooms are very spacious and clean, as well. We will definitely dine here again, and only one street over from McCaw Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An old standby returnsILoveFrenchCuisineDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant reminded me of the old Mediterranean Kitchen restaurant that used to be here. The food is delicious, especially the chicken wings.Special Features:
- Great wood fire grill & flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014I loved the orange spice iced tea. All the wood-fire entrees were amazing. They also provided a tasty lentil soup and a simple salad with each meal.Special Features:
- Great Mediterranean FoodAutumnVIPDined on 8/23/2014We made last minute reservations at Mashawi because we were attending an event at McCaw Hall. We were very pleased at the quantity and quality of the food. 3 of us ordered the Vegetarian Combo dinner, and 1 ordered a chicken dish. All meals came with a delicious yellow split pea soup, followed by a green salad with a very garlicky dressing, then followed by our entrees - which were substantial. All the food was tasty and fresh - I especially liked the falafel, hummus, and baba ganouj on my Vegetarian Combo plate. The wine list was so-so because they featured wines from Lebanon and Macedonia. Good try - but wine was OK.Special Features:
- DeliciousEyaGDined on 8/23/2014We have been here many times and are never disappointed. The food is very tasty and the servings generous, you may have enough to take home for a meal the next day! Everyone we have recommended to try Mashawi has enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014If you like Middle Eastern food, or would like to try it, this restaurant is a real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 41 reviews are from the Mashawi Mediterranean Cuisine reviews archive.
- Excellent food and great service.sallyvonbutaneDined on 7/19/2014I love this restaurant. I'm so happy we tried it. We will definitely return and it was a pleasure eating both vegetarian and meat food that was so perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- Save room for the BaklawachloeVIPDined on 7/10/2014Second time dining here and it was just as delicious. The service is great, portions are filling, everything was full of flavor. The Mashawi Combination was prefect, as we were able to sample a nice assortment of items. Definitely save room for dessert!Special Features:
- Always Reliable4eatsDined on 6/6/2014Mashawi is consistently good. I'm working my way through the menu and have enjoyed everything I have had, except for the spicy salmon. It was a tad too spicy for me,Special Features:
- Great foodLobstahboyVIPDined on 5/31/2014Food was memorable. Get the Mezza appetizer. A taste of several dishes. Hummus and falafel were tasty. The Mediterranean salad was excellent. The lemon chicken on top made the salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner before concertOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014We truly enjoyed our experience! The waiter decided for us what to get and everything was delicious! We started with the mezza and then shared one lamb and one chicken dish. It was full of flavor and some of the best Lebanese food I have had in awhile. We will be sure to return whenever we are near the Seattle center!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodSomeoneSomewhereVIPDined on 5/29/2014You have to try the fried cauliflower appetizer. Spectacular. (And everything else is great as well, except for street parking, which is pretty close to nonexistent.)Special Features:
- Great before the performanceb4theshowDined on 5/17/2014The food is tasty and well prepared and they do their very best to serve everyone on a schedule to accommodate attending a nearby performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QwkslvrcatDined on 5/17/2014Love the food, hate the service! 2nd time here before Opera; may not go again unless there's no Center event. Service was sooooo slow! Sitting 10 min. before waitress showed up. At least able to give dinner order with beverage order. Dinner came, said would bring the pita, never did. Realize most patrons were pre-opera so busy till 7, then would die but knowing that, you'd think they would have more help, at least for an hour. Noticed service to the tables on either side was more timely. Had to wave waitress down for the check. She never came back once entree served; would likely have had another glass of wine (plus the bread). The couscous w/the lamb shank wasn't very good, tasted like cardboard. Lamb shank excellent!Special Features:
- Excellent foodthelaurenVIPDined on 4/5/2014Very good food for a very reasonable price. Also a great location for attending anything at the Seattle Center. Service was good and food was authentic Arabic cuisine. The Mesa, which was a large sampling of all sorts of appetizer's was very good . Portions are large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good mealEatsVIPDined on 4/4/2014Soup, salad and a healthy delicious meal is consistently served every time I frequent this wonderful little restaurant. The fresh ingredients, sauces and spices create the best home cooked meals. This little gem is tucked between many other restaurants across from the McCaw Hall parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatJosephDined on 3/30/2014Always a good meal served by friendly and helpful staff.Special Features:
- ALWAYS A GOOD EXPERIENCE4eatsDined on 3/15/2014Dining at Mashawi is always convenient before events at McCaw Hall, Seattle Rep, Cornish Playhouse , Seattle Children's Theatre or Key Arena. Make a reservation for 5:30 and you'll easily be out by 7 p.m. to make your event. Staff is speedy, efficient and pleasant. I'm working my way through the menu and still have about half of it to go. WARNING: Dinners come with SOUP AND SALAD. So if you don't have a big appetite, just order the main dish. Or two appetizers and a soup are a FULL MEAL. ENJOYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theatre winnertitchmomVIPDined on 3/1/2014We went to this restaurant because of its proximity to Seattle Center. The food was terrific and the wait staff was very helpful. We had huge portions and I took the waiter's recommendation and ordered what he suggested between my two finalists. Couldn't have been happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the Performanceb4theshowDined on 2/26/2014This is a good restaurant for a good meal, tasty dishes that are not heavy at all, before a performance at the nearby Seattle Center. They have nice wines to go with dinner and the place is fine for a conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mediterranean FoodSomeoneSomewhereVIPDined on 2/16/2014Lots of food, all very good. The main courses look a tad pricey, but they include lentil soup and a salad... and the portions are big enough to share, or to have lunch with the next day.Special Features:
- awesome authentic Mediteranean fareYanniDined on 2/15/2014We were pleasantly surprised at how authentic the food was on our first visit. We'll be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was good exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/5/2014Everything was good except for the grape leaves...those were taken out of can and served on a plate (disappointing!). The grilled items and the Salmon were nicely prepared. The Tabboule and appetizers were excellent. The Kibbe balls were exquisite.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodNorCalGalVIPDined on 2/4/2014We knew nothing about this little restaurant other than it was close to our hotel. What a wonderful surprise. The food was wonderful, and oh so flavorful! The portions are huge, better for sharing with a group, and had we known when we ordered we would have shared an entree as you get a full meal - soup and salad. We will return the next time we are in Seattle.Special Features:
- Overwhelmed on Opera NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014This might be a wonderful place when it's not too busy. But I'm guessing that for the number of people arriving for dinner at 6 pm, they had one or two too few wait staff and maybe the same in the kitchen. if they couldn't handle the number of people showing up before an opera on a Saturday night, they shouldn't take so many reservations; our service was slow, and the food just wasn't up to par. Filling the restaurant to over-capacity wasn't the best tactic in this case.
- Opera goers--This is your spot!LizzyDined on 1/25/2014My husband and I appreciate fresh food, well prepared. That describes our dining experience at Mashawi Mediterranean Restaurant. I love the variety on the menu. Each dish is seasoned specially and there is obvious care in presentation. We are planning to return for my husband's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Called to cancel the reservationTinaDined on 1/25/2014No liquor license yes even though there are three search terms listed with the word "bar." In my book, that's misleading. Also, asked abut arriving at the 1/4 hour (only hour and 1/2 available in your system) and got a rather panicked response stating "We are pretty busy; you know there are two shows tonight in Seattle Center!" But isn't that normal for a restaurant located a block from the center?? Please do not count my Food, Ambiance, and Noise ratings! Your system made me add those.