Masala Indian & Thai Cuisine
1002 W. Argyle St
Chicago, IL 60640Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Masala Indian & Thai Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 7737695555x
- Hours of Operation:
WE OPEN 7DAYS A WEEK...
SUNDAY TO WEDNESDAY OPEN @ 4PM. - 10PM.
THURSDAY TO SATURDAY OPEN @ 4PM. - 1AM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Indian
- Executive Chef: Lucky and Pinky Mishra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Masala boasts off site catering and delivery for persons who purchase $100 or more within the ENTIRE Chicago Land area. Those who purchase $500 or more will receive catering and delivery up to 500 miles from our restaurant's location. Mega discounts apply for those looking to make massive purchases with us!
- Cross Street: Sheridan
- Public Transit: Train- Disembark at the "L" Red Line stop at Argyle, then walk 2 blocks East (to the light).
Bus- Take the 151 to the corner of Sheridan and Arygle. We are located on the North-West corner.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Ample street parking is availble in our diverse Uptown neighborhood.
A word from Masala Indian & Thai Cuisine
Masala is a sit-down restaurant that caters to residents that are looking for authentic ethnic Indian AND Thai food under one roof. In accordance with its Uptown neighbors, Masala takes pride in being listed in the National Register of Historic Places as part of the West Argyle Street Historic District. We can be easily reached by a 2 block walk East off of the Argyle stop on the Red Line 'L.' We promise you an intimate dining experience that can never be topped!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Masala Indian & Thai Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
- Thank you Pinky!ClaudiaDined on 4/21/2014I am a neighbor of Masala and I love to go there for dining in or take out because Pinky is always in a good mood even when tired and she takes good care of us. Thank you Pinky from your neighbors Claudia and Kobus (the keena masala lovers!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for a lovely dinner!ClaudiaDined on 2/28/2014We loved the place! One woman was serving every single table and she was on top of every thing. She did not have system at the time we entered and she still validated our Open Table reservation afterwards. Also, she did the coupon for the CCard manually (they will not do that today at most places if the system is down). The portions are huge and the food very tasty. First time at this restaurant but we will be back. We live less than 2 blocks away. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was very inexperienced.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/7/2012Server was very inexperienced. Server was nice, but really didn't have a clue about how to wait-a-table. She was non-existent during most of the meal. Two TV's were on with music videos that dominated the atmosphere. It was hard to my dinner guest with the TV blarring. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2012The service was horrible. They wouldn't let us order off the menu so we had to eat the buffet and the buffet was constantly out of items. Nobody would refill our water so we had to get up and ask 3 times! We had to ask 2 times to get napkins and there wasn't enough silver wear for everyone. They ran out of bowls and there were a handful of paper bowls left. The food was not bad but the service was awful.