Masa Southwest Bar and Grill
350 Cambridge Road
Woburn, MA 01801Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Masa Southwest Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.masarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7819388886
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Thursday - Saturday: 5:00 - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest
- Executive Chef: Jose Cardoza
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Masa has several space options for hosting a gathering. Whether in the private dining area, the bar or even the entire restaurant, masa can accommodate various sized groups. The restaurant is perfect for a jovial holiday party or a more intimate dining experience, making masa the ideal spot.
- Private Party Contact: Mohamad El Zein 7819388886
A word from Masa Southwest Bar and Grill
Masa Southwest Bar and Grill is a welcome addition to the neighborhood. Just like it's location in Boston, Masa offers an award winning menu of "new Southwest" cuisine, pairing flavors and cooking styles of the Southwestern kitchen with local New England ingredients. They have been awarded "Best New Restaurant" by Food & Wine Magazine. Allison Arnet of the Boston Globe has acclaimed Masa, "A Southwestern Air of Sophistication." Matt Schafer of the Boston Herald has also acclaimed Aviles's food "Amazing." Owner and Chef Philip Aviles, a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, brings to Masa the talent and background that makes this restaurant one of Greater Boston's finest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Masa Southwest Bar and Grill - Best Restaurants in Woburn ›
Masa Southwest Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (35)great for brunch (26)good for groups (20)great for lunch (17)special occasion (15)romantic (14)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (6)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014Enjoyable dinner, good value, nice presentation dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeCeliacfriendlyDined on 9/7/2014I have Celiac Disease and this restaurant offered everything I required gluten free, above and beyond. The time and care the staff spend on the patients is incomparable. To mention the food is hard because it captures flavors perfectly with a very artistic touch. Great for lunch or dinner. Med cruisinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good experienceGeoffMDined on 9/4/2014Very quiet, great menu selection and service. I have to say this was one of the most pleasant and satisfying dining experience I've had in a while. Rare tuna and mahi mahi entries perfectly cooked and presented with complimentary sauces and vegetables. Add an interesting habanero spiced margarita and smooth chocolate dessert for a great dining experience. Server was knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. I'd definitely return. I just hope they can survive given the paucity of customers on the Thursday evening we dined.Special Features:
- Kitchen Malfunctiontmk8813VIPDined on 8/31/2014I am a fan of Masa and frequently go for work lunches. On this occasion, this was my first brunch experience and when we arrived we were told that there was an electrical problem that morning and they were running behind on prep so food would take a little longer than usual. No problem there, that happens. But, after sitting ordering our meals and sitting for 15 minutes, we were told that what we ordered the kitchen could not accommodate so we need to change our order to a mainly egg dish. Another 20 minutes go by before our eggs came out and while the food was good it was not what we were looking forward to. I wish we had gone on a different day, I usually am a fan of Masa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so, so.StacyDined on 8/30/2014We arrived at Masa. Was kindly greeted and taken to our table. Extremely limited menu. No specials for dinner, only drink specials. I ordered the house Margarita. It was the WORST Margarita I've ever had. We ordered off the prix fix menu, figuring it would be ok. My husbands chicken was awful. They say slow roasted, not sure if one piecewas cooked? I ordered the filet. It was ok. Flavor was good, I've had better. Another waiter told another nearby table about the Tapas menu. We were never told about it. Chocolate Tacos for dessert were good. Server was pleasant. Will not return.
- gourmet dining in the suburbskml123Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent southwest cuisine, Spicy without being [prohibitively "hot". It allows us to taste the spicing and enjoy the blend of flavors. Highly recommend this restaurant. Brunch is excellent as well.Special Features:
- wonderful foodhpycamperDined on 8/28/2014The food was delicious. Very flavorful and unique. Thank you for a great night. I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDiverDined on 8/28/2014Had high hopes for this restaurant but walked away disappointed. Ordered a margarita with a high end tequila. It was so sour I could barely drink it and had just a splash of tequila so it had no tequila flavor at all. Had the Adobo chicken which was bland and boring...it was served with sautéed kale which I could have made at home in 5 minutes. The best part of the meal was the crusty bread and the spreads. My hubby had the pork torte which was supposed to be pork shank (normally very tasty) but it was actually just overdone pork loin. The restaurant is very pretty and the service was great, but the kitchen needs some attention. Sadly we won't go back.
- Never Disappointsenjoying65Dined on 8/24/2014Both our adult children with their spouses (and our one grandchild) live in the Boston area. When we visit, we always have brunch at Masa. Children are welcomed at brunch and have their own menu. My grandson loves the chocolate chip pancakes. The rest of us enjoy the adult offerings. The adults enjoy dinner here as well. Great menu.Special Features:
- Could have been.....TexaschemistVIPDined on 8/22/2014Excited to visit Masa during restaurant week. Love the concept of southwest interpretations using local NW ingredients. Flaunt as appetizer was very nice. Main course of roasted chicken was quite tasty and well cooked. Chocolate dessert was not edible. Both my wife and I left it alone after two bites. A first for us. Also, our margaritas were left half full as we just thought it horrible. Waiter was nice, service slow, ambiance fairly nice and understated. Just not worth the price nor effort.
- Masa Woburn - hidden gemfoxgrrlDined on 8/21/2014Dined at Masa during Restaurant Week/Dine Out Boston. Was not disappointed! The food was prepared with creativity and care, the portions were just right, and for a prix fixe menu, there were enough options to satisfy all palates. Was not thrilled with the calamari steak appetizer, it needed "something", fell flat but that was the only disappointment. The chicken adobado was delicious, the pork loin was outstanding, and the coconut flan and chocolate tacos were delightful. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Vtnguyen2Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and service, waiter was very accomodating when asked about a drink not on the menu. Had one cousin under 21 and she didn't want anything other than water, but waiter brought out a complimentary Margarita sans alcohol for her so she didn't feel left out. That was very sweet! Food was great and atomsphere was perfect. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great find.JessvGDined on 8/9/2014All the makings of a moderately fancy restaurant with outdoor seating. Can bring your mother for brunch, take a client to lunch, and enjoy a celebratory dinner here. And, they do a great job welcoming kids and introducing them to finer dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Home RunRAMPIONDined on 7/13/2014Just had Sunday Brunch and MASA has not disappointed. Awesome Service, seating outside and wonderful food to start a Sunday. Have been here on several occasions and it has never been a disappointing dining experience. Also offered some amazing deals on brunch within certain hours on Saturday and Sunday that will work on any budget minded patrons. An excellent choice for brunch, lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunchenjoying65Dined on 7/13/2014We always enjoy taking our family here for brunch when we visit them. While we wouldn't think of taking our 4 year for dinner, they are child friendly and adults can enjoy a great brunch in a lovely atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchRuthieVIPDined on 6/29/2014Diverse menu. Excellent service. Nice atmosphere and reasonable prices. All in all a great spot anytimeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmmmmmmmmmmDined on 6/28/2014We took my boyfriend's father out for a belated Father's Day dinner, and it was fantastic. Pops got the swordfish "Catch of the Day," bf had the steak tips and I had the grilled tequila lime shrimp. Every plate was justifiably cleaned. We ordered a la carte rather than going strictly by courses, although I will return to get a full experience soon. We did indulge in desserts, which were unique and decadent.Special Features:
- Tasteful take on a regional cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/19/2014Southwestern American food is a regional delight that was popular 20 years ago and fell back so that it is hard to find it in New England these days. I drove an hour to this place because I like the fresh take on ingredients and the ambiance that is upscale like some places I like in AZ and NM. I had tuna with a yellow mole that combines rare ahi which you can get in many Asian places but with wood grilling and a Mexican sauce it becomes something all together different and tasty. I come back here when in the area and take people here, this was a dinner meeting. The service was attentive and friendly without being in our faces. I will come back.Special Features:
- Fathers Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Our experience was mixed for this special occasion. While the food quality was good, the service was terrible. Our bread basket arrived after our appetizers and when we asked for the bread basket(which we were told was coming soon) the waitress' response was very rude. When the waiter delivered the 'bread basket', his attitude was very poor as well. My daughter ordered one of the 'chicken' dishes and she got 'lasagna'. Our waiter admitted that he made a mistake and put in the order for the same and it arrived much after the rest of the family finished our dinner. Our waiter was kind enough to ask us 'shall i put away your food until the chicken dish is ready - REALLY'? My family does not want to go back there AGAIN!Special Features:
- Why make a reservation?PrisslDined on 6/15/2014The reason that I did not rate this dining experience as outstanding is due to the fact that I made a reservation for 12:30 and wasn't seated until almost 1:00. The hostess kept telling us that our table would be ready in a minute, which was a flat out lie. I explained that we had time issues, and she reassured me that we would be seated in a minute, and we weren't. I had this conversation with her four times before we were finally seated shortly before 1:00. Sadly, there were many tables open, just waiting to be cleared and set.Special Features:
- Great food, understaffedFoodie74Dined on 6/15/2014We had brunch on Father's Day. The food was excellent as always but they were significantly understaffed. Service took forever, tables were left a long while before being cleaned up and even the manager had to switch to be a waiter after the line up front was getting too longSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually a hit, but......OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Usually, we love dining at Masa in Woburn. The tapas menu in the bar is great and it's a wonderful quick stop after work. But, there were some issues with the service that the good food could not address when we ate there for brunch on Father's Day. The host & hostess and the server were great, but the kitchen staff who was delivering meals to guests should have been told to adjust the attitude when entering the dining room. Yes, I know that the restaurant was crowded with families, but that was not an excuse for the eyerolls behind waitstaff who were seating guests. And, it was noticed by those of us who had been seated. Time to have a talk with the whole staff about customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just love it here!rcs249VIPDined on 6/14/2014We had a wonderful dinner for 4 here and were delighted by the many GF options that my daughter could choose from. The food is always delicious, the service is always solid, drinks always inventive.Special Features:
- A terrific local spotMeganmomDined on 6/8/2014We always enjoy our meals at Masa and it's really convenient. We've never had a bad meal and there are excellent options on the menu.Special Features:
- Great Latin/New American Flair!TapwaterVIPDined on 5/25/2014Unfortunately, it is too easy for chefs to fall into the trap of taking high-end ingredients and over-cheesing, over-frying, or over-spicing them as the way to a Latin/New American meal. The team of chef-owner Philip Aviles and executive chef José Cardoza of Masa is one of the very few that manages to pull off Latin/New American and elevate their dishes to a sublime level. I can honestly say that I have never been disappointed with my meal there, and I have been to Masa many times. As I leave the restaurant I always have that warm tingle in my mouth that says I am just returning from a culinary adventure of the most exciting and satisfying (and Latin) kind. All I can say is, "Bravo gentlemen, hasta la próxima!"Special Features:
- The following 1076 reviews are from the Masa Southwest Bar and Grill reviews archive.
- Another Great Visit!MikeDined on 5/18/2014Once again, Masa did not disappoint! Celebrating a belated Mother's Day with 3 female family members who had never been to Masa before, each guest was impressed with how delicious their meals were, loved the assortment of breakfast breads, and the decor of the restaurant. Will, once again, was outstanding as our waiter and was very attentive, making each guest feel extra special. Looking forward to going back to Masa for more special occasions in the future!Special Features:
- Fabulous Celebration!SharonDined on 5/16/2014Six family members had dinner last Friday night to celebrate our Son-in-law’s MBA Graduation. We asked for a quiet table as one of our guests has a hearing problem and we sat in the most perfect area (behind the curtain in the room closest to the back of the restaurant). Our Server, ANGELA was wonderful…attentive but not intrusive and very knowledgeable about the food and preparation of it as well as the bar drinks…she deserves to be commended on the service she provided to us!Special Features:
- MisterPicoDined on 5/12/2014Wonderful surprise for a shopping mall restaurant. Would have liked to see just one or two tex-mexy entrees for the non-gourmet in our family.Special Features:
- Tag end of Mother's DayBreakingBreadVIPDined on 5/11/2014We reserved a table for 7pm on Mothers Day. We arrived on time and were told that our table was been set up and it would talk a couple of minutes. Eventually we were seated at 7:20pm Our waiter began well, but tailed off at the end of the evening and seemed preoccupied by carrying piles of dishes. Food was good as usual.
- Our Mother's Day DestinationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014It has become a tradition for us to celebrate Mother's Day at Masa! We have done it for the last three years and we love it! The service there is always impeccable and the food...where do I begin? Unique and delicious! If you go, don't skip the cucumber basil margarita and don't ever skip dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComfortableEmilyLewisDined on 5/10/2014Had nice catch up dinner with old friend. Not rushed on a Sat night and good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was perfectPeony5VIPDined on 5/10/2014Our hosts' greeting was gracious, the "executive mimosas" terrific; the fish tacos and mac n' cheese wonderful; the service cheerful; the atmosphere, as usual, cozy and inviting. We had a great time. Masa never fails us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great place!JJGJRDined on 5/2/2014Unique menu, nice ambience - check it out! Cinco de Mayo menu was really good, and of course the beer to go with it!Special Features:
- spicy and electicloveserphimDined on 4/25/2014Great food, most meals are spicy. Even some of the fancy margaritas. Extensive tequila list and even flights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2014Beautiful bar scene and great selection of fresh seafood and fish from New England! I looked it up because I was in the Woburn area of work and loved the meal I had there. The scallops were great quality even though the seared scallop and bbq duck appetizer was a bit too small. Ordered the monkfish and mole and Blackened Ahi Tuna steak -both were delicious and cooked very well. I would recommend this!Special Features:
- Great meal but $$AlyssaDined on 4/18/2014My fiancé ordered the coconut shrimp entree and I had the port shoulder. His shrimp dish came with 4 shrimp and a side of rice. Very tasty but an awfully small portion for $24!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Be BackJackDined on 4/18/2014We went to Masa with my sister and brother-in-law for dinner on a Friday night. The service, food and atmosphere were great. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- More masafirecrackerDined on 4/16/2014Great place to go after work. Atmosphere is warm and food was great. The tapas were superb and a nice way to taste a variety of food. Drinks were very good too. And the priced were perfect to fit within a certain budget. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014The southwestern cuisine is a little Mexican and a little good, ole, USA. The food tastes great and the tequila is plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pleasant surpriseValiantDined on 4/11/2014First trip to the Boston area, didn't want to drive far from hotel. Found Masa through Google, highly rated. It was better than expected and should have even higher ratings than it does. Loved the menu, great food, and the drinks were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.