1070 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.masa-restaurant.com/index-MN.html
- Phone: 6123386272x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 2:00pm-6:00pm and Saturday and Sunday 4:00pm-6:00pm, Half price Margaritas, beer, and wine / $2.50 Tacos and other great happy hour food choices.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Nyle Deane and Saul Chavez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our website where you will find out Corporate Take-Out menu.
We do have a delivery service.
- Private Party Facilities: Masa offers many options for your event needs- Semi-Private dining (70ppl), Full Restaurant Buyout options (120ppl), Bar Buyouts and Patio bookings.
Please contact General Manager- Michelle Hummer firstname.lastname@example.org for event information
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Hummer, General Manager 6123386272x
- Special Events: Join Masa for Happy Hour 7 days a week! Monday- Friday 2:00pm-6:00pm, Saturday and Sunday 4:00pm-6:00pm. Happy Hour is available in the bar area only. We do not accept on-line reservations for Happy Hour.
If you are planning on hosting a larger group for happy hour, please call Masa at 612-338.6272 so that we can take care of your needs. We look forward to serving you!!!
- Cross Street: 11th & Nicollet
- Public Transit: Nicollet Avenue (1000)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There's street parking available on 11th. The closest parking ramp is located on the corner of 11th and 2nd at the The Hilton hotel. Rates vary depending on downtown events. Valet is available Friday andSaturday from 6:00pm-10:30pm on the corner of 11th and Nicollet Mall.
A word from Masa
Masa is a contemporary & cosmopolitan style of Mexican cuisine with strong regional authenticity. Masa offers a rich & enticing menu in a cool & sophisticated decor of rich colors & textures of Mexico. Masa features great Margaritas and other specialty cocktails, delicious non-alcoholic selections, and a unique selection of tequila.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Masa reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (112)special occasion (66)great for outdoor dining (65)great for lunch (63)good for groups (61)hot spot (37)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (35)scenic view (18)late-night find (16)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- Overall great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/27/2014I booked a dinner business meeting and was hoping for a great experience and I was not disappointed. The food and service was excellent. I will be returning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service As UsualSlatsVIPDined on 10/26/2014We went for date night on Sunday. Masa is always excellent and the service is friendly and efficient. It definitely has the best upscale Mexican food in the Twin Cities. Try it.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week visitporkFATrulesDined on 10/24/2014Chicken Tortilla soup - this was prepared different than what I have had in the past, well with the exception of the garnish of tortilla strips. It was a bit tangy/with some heat and I'm a fan of both. Chicken tacos with chipotle crema - it was nice a moist. The later sound of sniffles was a sign that the heat sneaks up on you --and I love dishes that give me the satisfying sniffles. Carnitas torta - who doesn't love roast pork??? The only issue was I finished only half of it because it seemed quite dry, plus I was filled up.Special Features:
- A Little DisappointingLoveFoodDined on 10/24/2014I was a little disappointed with the food - it just didn't taste that great. Maybe it was the three items I happened to try that day, but it was just OK. Not sure I'd go back.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014Loved being able to try a restaurant that I've been wanting to go to for a while. Food was awesome and the service was perfect. I would recommend this to anyone that wants to eat really good Mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 121926Dined on 10/22/2014My third time there and this restaurant continues to impress me. We went with a party of three and we were all impressed. Nice attention to details, that don't seem to be the norm anymore. for example.....water glasses were always filled, and when someone got up the napkin was re-folded. The servers as well as other wait staff all had a good grasp of the menu. Also...Hat's off to the bartender...great drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!jillelyseDined on 10/21/2014Our waitor was fantastic. He really made a connection with all of us and we all basically wanted him to join our dinner! The food was great and the service was fantastic. Great drinks too!Special Features:
- New Look at MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2014The food was great - an enjoyable contrast to traditional Mexican.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!vmarsDined on 10/21/2014Try the guacamole--best I've had! Very fresh with a little kick.Special Features:
- Great Date NightGoodfriendsnfoodDined on 10/19/2014Fun evening for our group. Food was great, wait staff attentive and very helpful with great recommendations. Not your typical Mexican food, instead fresh, flavorful, and fun! Add the wine offerings with Date night special and you have a great bargain. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experiencePlymouthRocksVIPDined on 10/18/2014This is likely our 15 time and as usual, the food is great and service very prompt. Always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/18/2014Both main dishes (chicken mole and tamales) were OK. We were not done with the appetizer and we were not that slow when the main dish appeared and head back to the salamander. Not impressed with the service, or the food.Special Features:
- Traditional Mexican with flairTdinerDined on 10/18/2014Great Mexican cuisine with culinary flair. Best Margarita in town. Puerco Veracruzano out if this world tender with amazing sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014Masa serves the best authentic Mexican food in town. Too bad the horrible music is so loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the area for workIsabellaVIPDined on 10/15/2014Great spot for lunch, ate here twice while in town for work. Close to the convention center, good menu options and quick service. I love that they offer vegetables with their chips and guacamole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate here two days in a rowIsabellaVIPDined on 10/14/2014In town for a convention and ate here two days in a row we liked it so much. Easily walkable from the convention center.Special Features:
- No more great lunch special :(downtownluncherDined on 10/13/2014The service and food were great as always. But SO bummed that they took away their 3 for $10 lunch special. Will have to think twice about hitting up this former lunch favorite in the future. :(
- Fantastic mexicanCDevDined on 10/11/2014Food was delicious, I'm from Arizona and these guys/gals do Mexican food a solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful, but ...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Dining chairs are not good, they are heavy so hard to move. Not comfortable, nor attractive. Chairs are important, should be a + not a - Pretty noisy near kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town guests loved this findAdinerDined on 10/8/2014You wouldn't expect to travel the heart of the Midwest for good Mexican cuisine, but that's exactly what happened. Our research team wanted to gather for dinner the night before our presentation. I found Masa on open table and if my position on the team wasn't't solid before, it is now. The food was fantastic--true Mexican flavors with fresh ingredients. All 9 in our group were happy with their meal. The only downside--we enjoyed our food so much, we almost forgot to talk about work.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceeatsoutDined on 10/7/2014We had the taco trio and the pork shoulder. Both were excellent.Special Features:
- Great experiencewspmnDined on 10/6/2014I brought a group of six out-of-towners (Boston, Washington D.C., Seattle), most of whom have pretty sophisticated tastes, to Masa recently. They loved it, as did I. Creative food and excellent service--a good time was had by all.Special Features:
- Great food & excellent serviceKJBaVIPDined on 9/30/2014We had a concert to go to and the entire staff made sure drinks, appetizers, and meal were all served in a timely manner. Excellent time was had by all. We'll do it again!Special Features:
- great mezcal tasting menutrevDined on 9/30/2014Great service as always, had a mezcal tasting plus light bites, plus gourmet tacos and churros. Thanks!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!DeliciousDined on 9/28/2014We are never disappointed when we eat at Masa. It is always a highlight on our visits to Minneapolis. We have only eaten there in the evening, but this time tried their brunch, which was delicious! Food was fresh and tasty. Looking forward to going back again on our next visit.Special Features:
- Bland, Disappointing, & Expensive!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Upon reading the reviews online, which stated things like this was the best Mexican restaurant outside of Mexico, we decided to give it a try. This was most definitely NOT the best Mexican food outside of Mexico, for that matter it wasn't even close to being the best Mexican food in Minnesota. There were three of us dining and not one of us enjoyed our meal. The food was lukewarm at best when served to us and all dishes, two different taco plates, one tamale plate and two aps, were bland and flavorless. They boast wonderful margaritas and sangrias; however, I would suggest that rethink that boast, perhaps they might consider adding some alcohol. We each had one WEAK drink and then switched to water, it was stronger.
- Love this place!SarahDined on 9/27/2014We have eaten here twice now and it has not disappointed. Everything we ordered was delicious. I would highly recommend the Huarache appetizer. It was amazing! The mango salad and guacamole appetizer were great, as were the tacos. I wish we had ordered the Frijoles Borrachos again, but we had so much food on the table we just couldn't do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting MenuMichaelDined on 9/26/2014The menu doesn't change much, but the dishes, influenced by the cuisine of Mexico, is creative, interesting and well-prepared at reasonable prices. If you like Frontera Grill in Chicago, you will like Masa, and Masa takes reservations and is not so noisy.Special Features:
- Big disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/26/2014Arrived on time for our 5:45 rez and were seated promptly. Told server we had to leave by 7:15. Service was astoundingly dawdling. Dinner arrived at our table at 7:14. Had to box the entres for p/u later. Then had to jump through hoops to retrieve the dinner after the concert we had attended. Won't be rushing back . . .
- Great cocktails, superior meal.SusieDined on 9/26/2014Loved the cucumber margarita, and Masa has a great guacamole. Yucatan chicken very moist, nicely paired with fingerling potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatnsindtDined on 9/24/2014I recommended this place to a couple of colleagues from out of town and it did not disappoint; as always the food and atmosphere were spot-on.Special Features:
- Planning MeetingicmeventsDined on 9/24/2014We were taken here by the city for a site visit. Came back for our planning meeting and remembered this great restaurant. We will recommend to our attendees later in the year.Special Features:
- Needs an UpdatesssssDined on 9/22/2014I haven't been to Masa for awhile so was excited to go back. The food is still very good but the environment needs an update. The tile floors are dirty and chipped. The drapes hang over the dining tables. The waiter's shirt was dirty and spotted with food. Looked like he had worn it for several days without washing. The Masa margarita was too sweet and could not even taste the tequila. Overall the above missteps over took the good food. I probably will not go back unless the owners do a major overhaul.Special Features:
- Need to manage Supply & DemandOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014Slow Service & Middle of the Road Food....not sure I'd ever go back or recommend to others?
- Anniversary dinnerFoodieDined on 9/10/2014We had a wonderful dinner at MASA. Stacie, our server was wonderful. I had the hangar steak and it was delicious. My husband had the braised pork shoulder which was also yummy. Great food, nice atmosphere. And the restaurant treated us to a wonderful chocolate bread pudding with banana ice cream. OMG. We will be back again.Special Features:
- Sunday Date Night: Yum.FoodieWannaBeDined on 9/7/2014We took advantage of the Sunday Date Night deal at MASA before seeing a show. The food was great. We both loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is amazingotterloopDined on 9/7/2014Excellent brunch--the huevos rancheros and the crepes with chorizo are to die for. Masa offers a great selection of both traditional Mexican breakfast items and lunch entrees. The food is artfully prepared as well as delicious, and we received attentive service in a beautiful, sun-filled dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with friendsSlwymerDined on 9/6/2014Sat at a large round table which was great for conversation. The house margarita was delish. Not too sweet or strong. The tenderloin was fantastic. The pinto beans and stuffed poblano were ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Wonderful food and service. Only drawback is how Loud it is inside the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ever fresh take on Mexican cuisineCoolloonDined on 9/5/2014First, they make great Top Shelf Margueritas! Next, the place is run like a top, service is excellent. Great location on Nicollet kitty corner from Orchestra Hall and great for people watching either from a patio table or from inside through floor to ceiling windows. Cuisine is definitely based in Mexico rather than Tex,Mex or Southwest, but a very refined, elevated, and modern fresh version, from Mexico City to Vera Cruz. Meals are as light or heavy as you want. Dressier crowds before concerts, but otherwise, casual is the general rule in Minneapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.