1070 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.masa-restaurant.com/index-MN.html
- Phone: 6123386272x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, BRUNCH Sunday 10:00am-2:00pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday-Friday and Sunday 2:00pm-6:00pm, Saturday 4:00pm - 6:00pm/ Half price Margaritas, beer, and wine / $2.50 Tacos and other great happy hour food choices.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Saul Chavez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our website where you will find out Corporate Take-Out menu.
We do have a delivery service.
- Private Party Facilities: Masa offers many options for your event needs- Semi-Private dining (70ppl), Full Restaurant Buyout options (120ppl), Bar Buyouts and Patio bookings.
Please contact General Manager- Michelle Hummer email@example.com for event information
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Hummer, General Manager 6123386272x
- Special Events: TASTING TUESDAYS at Masa- mini-samplings and light bites featured 4:00pm-6:00pm-$10.00 per person. Please call 612.338.6272 to reserve your spot.
Join Masa for Happy Hour 7 days a week! Monday- Friday 2:00pm-6:00pm, Saturday and Sunday 4:00pm-6:00pm. Happy Hour is available in the bar area and there's limited happy hour seating in the main dining room.
We do not accept on-line reservations for Happy Hour. If you are planning on hosting a larger group for happy hour, please call Masa at 612-338.6272 so that we can take care of your needs. We look forward to serving you!!!
A word from Masa
Masa is a contemporary & cosmopolitan style of Mexican cuisine with strong regional authenticity. Masa offers a rich & enticing menu in a cool & sophisticated decor of rich colors & textures of Mexico. Masa features great Margaritas and other specialty cocktails, delicious non-alcoholic selections, and a unique selection of tequila.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Masa reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (97)great for outdoor dining (81)special occasion (67)good for groups (59)great for lunch (58)romantic (34)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (28)scenic view (26)notable wine list (18)late-night find (16)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (11)Show More
- Need to manage Supply & DemandOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014Slow Service & Middle of the Road Food....not sure I'd ever go back or recommend to others?
- Anniversary dinnerFoodieDined on 9/10/2014We had a wonderful dinner at MASA. Stacie, our server was wonderful. I had the hangar steak and it was delicious. My husband had the braised pork shoulder which was also yummy. Great food, nice atmosphere. And the restaurant treated us to a wonderful chocolate bread pudding with banana ice cream. OMG. We will be back again.Special Features:
- Sunday Date Night: Yum.FoodieWannaBeDined on 9/7/2014We took advantage of the Sunday Date Night deal at MASA before seeing a show. The food was great. We both loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is amazingotterloopDined on 9/7/2014Excellent brunch--the huevos rancheros and the crepes with chorizo are to die for. Masa offers a great selection of both traditional Mexican breakfast items and lunch entrees. The food is artfully prepared as well as delicious, and we received attentive service in a beautiful, sun-filled dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with friendsSlwymerDined on 9/6/2014Sat at a large round table which was great for conversation. The house margarita was delish. Not too sweet or strong. The tenderloin was fantastic. The pinto beans and stuffed poblano were ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Wonderful food and service. Only drawback is how Loud it is inside the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ever fresh take on Mexican cuisineCoolloonDined on 9/5/2014First, they make great Top Shelf Margueritas! Next, the place is run like a top, service is excellent. Great location on Nicollet kitty corner from Orchestra Hall and great for people watching either from a patio table or from inside through floor to ceiling windows. Cuisine is definitely based in Mexico rather than Tex,Mex or Southwest, but a very refined, elevated, and modern fresh version, from Mexico City to Vera Cruz. Meals are as light or heavy as you want. Dressier crowds before concerts, but otherwise, casual is the general rule in Minneapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodalp0308Dined on 9/4/2014We went to Masa before a show. The service was fantastic and the food was very good. We will return.Special Features:
- Not your typical Mexican restaurantJeanmbDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed Masa's unique interpretation of many Mexican standards. We took advantage of their Sunday Date Night menu. Everything we ordered was wonderful. Our waiter provided great guidance and attentive service. An enjoyable evening out.Special Features:
- Great timemidgeDined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful time, great food, and special kudos to the wait staff.....just the right amount of attention.Special Features:
- Fabulous!Lili55Dined on 8/29/2014Masa was a great find. A lot of wonderful choices on menu and they were all delicious! No one was disappointed at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatRasmussen22Dined on 8/29/2014My friends and I had a great first experience at Masa. The service was good. The food was amazing. Looking forward to going back sometime soon.Special Features:
- First Timer!BrainhackDined on 8/29/2014We are coming back for sure. Great food and attentive, speedy service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We could not be happier with our dining experience at Masa. We were stuck in traffic on our way there and when I called to let them know we would not make our reservation time they were very accommodating. The service was fantastic!! My husband spilled on his white shirt and the staff was able to find a Clorox pen for him! The food was amazing as well. The portions were just right and the chips and salsa were great too. Overall we had an awesome experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A downtown favoriteChoozy1Dined on 8/26/2014Food is always wonderful as are the margaritas! The location is also perfect with several ramps close by. It's a personal favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michelada... Yumm..devsultanDined on 8/20/2014It was very surprising to me to find very well made Mexican food in the middle of Minneapolis. The quesadillas, the micheladas, and the tres leches were all very good.
- VeggieDinerDined on 8/20/2014Even though there were only two vegetarian options, the food was very good and we will probably be back. The service was very good.Special Features:
- Clean and ContemporarydcfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014I booked Masa for a quick lunch. I was a little disappointed in the menu, because it offered very little carb-less options. I went with the ceviche and found the flavors fresh. It has a very modern decor and what looks like a good outdoor dining area. It was worth the bit of the walk from the convention center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceSillysynapseVIPDined on 8/15/2014Our servers were fabulous; kind and knowledgeable. Food was delicious. Small plates wonderful - Ceviche on the most delectable caramelized sesame cracker ever. Shrimp quesadillas would make you drool. My husband ordered the shrimp (Camarones con calabasa a la Parilla) & I ordered the sea bass con salsa huichol. These entrees were slightly salty for my taste. The churros are absolutely to die for. Don't pass these babies up. Their café de olla is a great accompaniment to the dessert, but served lukewarm. The sangria rosada was delicious; I'd highly recommend it. The limonada agua fresca was over-saturated with sugar, but not undrinkable. Overall, I highly recommend this restaurant and will be dining there again!Special Features:
- Great food at MasaRickDined on 8/11/2014We enjoyed a great meal with friends at Masa. Great food, interesting decor, very good service...a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Always a great mealGranaryGearDined on 8/11/2014Masa is a restaurant where you know the food will be terrific. Their guacamole is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highly recommendtivnetDined on 8/10/2014Fantastic place. The food is just perfect. Prices are OK. Service is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceT1mnDined on 8/9/2014Some of the best restaurant service I've ever had. Our waiter was excellent and helpful and we never had an issue where we were waiting on him to arrive. Food was of course excellent as well.Special Features:
- Super Lunch!JimDellDined on 8/8/2014The service was grand! The food was excellent, the right portion size for lunch and the price was appropriate. I would recommend Masa for lunch any day and I'm looking forward to trying their dinner menu soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at MASAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Food was great as always. Miss the pick 3, guess it's been longer than I remember since I've been there. The restaurant is very loud, and if you make a reservation they want to put u in the big room where there is music and talking...best to go later, closer to 1 when everyone from Target goes back to work. Service is slow though and wait staff is not always on top of things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for early lunch on weekdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014We had some issues with food not being hot when served. The problem was handled efficiently and to our satisfaction. Wait staff was extremely helpful with describing dishes and very friendly.Special Features:
- We had a great dining experienceDineoutoftenDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I ate here before a show at First Avenue and got right in. The wait staff was friendly, knowledgable and took care of us. The food was good and our favorite was the ceviche we ordered as a cold starter. The wines and mixed drinks were obviously an important part of the menu, taking up more than half but to we will come back.Special Features:
- TbutleeVIPDined on 8/4/2014This was my first visit to Masa and a great experience was had by myself and my wife.Special Features:
- Fantastic!ChicagoJohnVIPDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I were visiting Minneapolis for the first time and had a great time at Masa! We dined on a Sunday and got the Prix-Fixe Sunday night menu that came with a bottle of wine, two appetizers, two entrees, and two desserts each. What a deal! The food was above average, some dishes were much better than others, but overall, our server Mel made our experience worthwhile. She was accommodating, knowledgable, and overall just a nice person to have as your server. We never felt rushed and we will be back for sure when we visit again. Thanks Mel and Masa team!!!Special Features:
- We were not impressed with the foodStPauldinersDined on 8/3/2014We went for the date night offer; neither the bartender or our waiter were able to tell us about the wines offered; i.e. which was red or white; the wine provided was carbonated and terrible. I understand for the price; we should not expect a great bottle of wine, but carbonated? This would have been nice to know ahead of time and we could have made another selection. The food was fair/average, nothing really was amazing and we were dissappointed. I do not expect that we will return anytime soon.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014We dined Saturday night with my elderly parents whose taste buds no longer tolerate even moderate spiciness. They both ordered the shrimp, which came on a bed of rice and a red sauce which our waiter had prepared without the hot peppers at their request. They still found it too spicy, and he graciously took the dishes back to the kitchen and had them re-plated on rice alone - perfect! Throughout, our waiter was kind and not the least condescending in dealing with us despite the difficulty. The hostess and others on the staff checked in with us and were perfectly attentive and considerate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehLove2writeDined on 8/1/2014Slightly disappointing... food tasted good and arrived hot. Our server was slow slow slow between stops at our table, so we didn't dare order another cocktail. We sat outside and got stuck next to the building. Was hot out and felt crowded. Won't go back. Too many restaurants to try.Special Features:
- over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014Very disappointed that they got rid of their pick 3 for $10 lunch specials. Now it's $9 for just one of those items. Had to order a side of white rice for $4.50 in addition so I wouldn't be hungry right afterwards. Server was pushy and forgetful. Definitely not like the good old days. Used to be one of my favorite restaurants. For the same price, you get much better food and service at the new Zentral in the Soo Line Building. That was our 2nd choice that day. Should've been first.
- MASAOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014The service was exceptional for a large group. We enjoyed the food, drinks, and our server made a point to be personal with our table. Everyone raved about the restaurant choice and I would recommend this for large or small groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service for group of 6km11Dined on 7/24/2014We attended during downtown restaurant week and enjoyed the entire experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week StealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Went on a date with my girlfriend during Restaurant Week at the Downtown Minneapolis location. The place was never packed so you should be able to easily catch a bite, regardless if you placed a reservation like we did. The food was delicious and the waiters were incredibly attentive and helpful in every way. Also, a great place for taking pictures!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014We had a very good experience and will be back in the future.Special Features:
- grand experiencegetting2knowuDined on 7/20/2014Went woth co worker. We had a ball. The food was good but customer service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickyDined on 7/17/2014Excellent modern Mexican food, everything was delicious. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good downtown locationTalekDined on 7/16/2014Very friendly staff, nice space. Food all right, but unexceptional. A spicy Margarita and a Sangria were just that. We had two appetizers: stuffed halapenos and a salad, those were fine. For entrees, a sea bass and a shrimp with rice in red sauce. The fish was overcooked, with nice coriander flavour, though, Shrimp were like shrimp, in a tasty thick tamale sauce. By no means cheap, and not bad - just ordinary. We may try again, leaving creatures of the sea out of it. Pleasant, but not a gourmet experience.