MÁS Tapas y Vino
125 Second Street NW
Albuquerque, NM 87102Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
MÁS Tapas y Vino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hotelandaluz.com/eat-drink/mas-tapas-y-vino/
- Phone: 5059239080x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily, 7am -10:30am
Lunch: Monday - Saturday, 11am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Dinner Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Nightly Social Hour: 4pm-6pm - Offered in the Lobby & Ibiza (Mon-Fri)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chef James Campbell Caruso
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For Catering inquires, please contact our Catering and Special Events Manager at 505.923.9019 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: Contact us at 505-923-9033 to make arrangements for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Violet Ahmie 5059239033x
- Entertainment: Join us at the Hotel Andaluz for live music in the Lobby every Friday and Saturday night. From Argentinean Tango to Jazz/R&B, Hotel Andaluz is the place to dance the night away. Join us for Social Hour, Monday through Friday, 4pm - 6pm.
The Hotel Andaluz also features Ibiza, a chic terrace lounge that offers panoramic views of the Sandia Mountains. Ibiza's menu features specialty cocktails, and a full tapas selection from MÁS - Tapas y Vino. Ibiza is open Thursday from 4pm - 10pm and Friday/Saturday from 4pm to 1am. Enjoy Social Hour, featuring $5 drink specials and 50% off tapas, weekdays from 4pm - 6pm.
- Cross Street: 2nd & Copper
- Public Transit: The Hotel is located two blocks from the Alvarado Transportation Center in downtown Albuquerque which is also home to the Rail Runner Depot.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Hotel Andaluz offers free valet parking service. We also validate parking in the structure at 3rd and Copper.
A word from MÁS Tapas y Vino
Located in the historic Hotel Andaluz, MÁS, by Chef James Campbell Caruso, is a full-service restaurant and tapas bar. Inspired by the bold flavors, rich history and exuberance of Spanish cooking. MÁS offers fresh reinventions of traditional Spanish cuisine with an emphasis on locally-sourced foods and high quality imported ingredients and spices. Chef James Campbell Caruso has been nominated 8 times for the prestigious James Beard Award for “Best Chef of the Southwest.” He is the chef and owner of La Boca and Taberna restaurants in Santa Fe, which have been acclaimed by the New York Times, the Food Network, Travel & Leisure and Esquire. He is the author of Espana: Exploring the Flavors of Spain and El Farol: Tapas and Spanish Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
MÁS Tapas y Vino - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
MÁS Tapas y Vino reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)fit for foodies (28)romantic (22)notable wine list (15)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Delicious!SueJDined on 10/15/2014What a wonderful place to dine! Service was excellent as was the food. My husband enjoyed his steak that was cooked Pittsburgh blue and I enjoyed heirloom tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella along with an ahi tuna tapa. Good suggestion on the Albariño wine. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Good ExperienceABQJIMDined on 10/11/2014The staff was friendly, the decor charming, the food inventive and tasty. I will be taking friends back next timeSpecial Features:
- Great experienceTheToneDined on 10/10/2014The cheese plate was excellent as was the duck breast. Service was excellent too.Special Features:
- Great placeginalaDined on 10/3/2014Was craving Spanish food, and this place had it. Nice looking menu and great food. It'seems hard to find restaurants serving paella, so was excited to learn they had it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and Indifferent waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014The restaurant was not full, but my waiter aaas nowhere to be seen, the entree and appetizer were served together, and then the waiter disappeared, empty dishes were left forever on the table, and getting abill took forever. I think Mas is less and should skipped.
- Great food, great service!imaginarysomDined on 9/30/2014My only minor complaint is that they were out of the first three or four bottles of wine we wanted to order. It was, however, a Tuesday, and I have no idea when they get their wine deliveries so it was probably just a sad coincidence left over from a busy weekend. The food here is some of the best and classiest in ABQ. I recommend Mas to everyone that visits town and everyone who lives here too!Special Features:
- GoldiDined on 9/19/2014Beautiful hotel and romantic setting. Very nice, but not the best tapas I have ever had. Expensive.Special Features:
- Service could have been betterstukVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is my third visit to Mas. Food was excellent however the service was slow. Took a very long time between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKdmmDined on 9/7/2014Birthday dinner began with cocktails, loved the Zsa Zsa Cosmo (graoefruit juice and St. Germain) and Mexican mojito (tequila in lieu of rum). Ordered 4 tapas plates which was plenty. Spanish peppers grilled with cashews, a salad made from Roma tomatoes, heirloom spinach and grilled feta plus garlic shrimp and a queso with chorizo. All yummy. Dessert was on the house so we decided on the steamed chocolate cake. Fabulous, eat it with a spoon it's so moist. Lots of interesting wines by the glass. Service was first rate. We'll go back.Special Features:
- very good tapas!DBABQVIPDined on 9/6/2014Went here for the first time last weekend and really enjoyed ourselves. Service was excellent, very attentive but not intrusive. Loved the artichoke tapas and morcilla. Actually ended up getting extras to take home for later too.Special Features:
- 2forlunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Lunch was a real treat. The wrap sandwich was delicious and made of the freshest greens, chicken and harissa. But it is truly the tapas which make this place so very special and unique. Each one prepared and served with the perfection that we got to know at the chef's other restaurant, La Boca in Santa Fe. Wine list is great as is the service. The decor is tasteful and classy and does not try to overshadow the spectacular ambiance of the Hotel lobby which is beautiful. The same superb food can also be had upstairs on the outdoor deck. Looks like a great place for dinner and cocktails and evening entertainment as well. What a great addition to Albuquerque dining! A must!! And a must return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchkittenkittenDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere. I wish we would have sat in the private bunks, they looked romantic. The service was a bit slow, but good.Special Features:
- Wonderful TapasVinceInRioRanchoDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I enjoy everything about this restaurant and the historic hotel it is part of. It began life in 1939 as Conrad Hilton's first New Mexican hotel and the recent renovation into The Hotel Andaluz is stunning. Parking is easy - just park in the open lot across the street. The Spanish/Moorish lobby/common area is a sensory experience that reminds one of how unique a historic hotel can really be. We arrived for a 7:00 PM reservation on a Saturday night and were promptly seated. The wait staff were prompt, attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu, suggesting appropriate Spanish wines to accompany our tapas selections. The tapas themselves are wonderful - and are sized so that 3 plates, 2 desserts and wine was just right.Special Features:
- A great nightkennymac23Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I were visiting Albuquerque NM, (we're from Colorado). A guest at the hotel where we were staying told us about this place. We were glad we went to check it out. We enjoyed the food and our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAS tapas y vinoFromChicagoToSeattleDined on 7/29/2014Creative, well-prepared tapas and attentive service made for a very enjoyable dinner. And of course, the Andaluz lobby is a great place for a before dinner drink.Special Features:
- Mas Tapas was a great experiencecxvargasDined on 7/22/2014We were promptly welcomed and seated ahead of our requested reservation time. Our waiter was very knowledgeable not only on every item on the menu but the wine selection. The atmosphere was very nice. The food was well prepared and great and excellently paired with a Spanish wine. We would definitely go back for tapas and wine.
- ALWAYS EXTRAORDINARY!GastonDined on 7/22/2014I've written a couple of reviews for Mas already--but it's so good I don't mind writing another. It is my favorite restaurant in ABQ. The food is NEVER boring, always extraordinary. Chef Caruso obviously keeps a close eye on the quality of his product, even though he has two other outstanding restaurants in Santa Fe. The essential trick to dining well with tapas as the focus of your meal is having waiters who are capable of spacing the arrival of selections to your table; too many at one time ruins the concept. This is not a problem at Mas, with excellent waiters like Eric, Justin, and Jeff, all intelligent and eager to please; even their backup Vincent is an astrophysicist. Great food, great waiters, great ambiance--it's all there.Special Features:
- Tapas with a northern NM vibe.PhdgDined on 7/18/2014Classic tapas as well as complete entrees. Emphasis on seasonal ingredients. Everything we tried was superb. Don't miss the bacon wrapped dates stuffed with almonds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything but the food was great.pipesmokeVIPDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I often venture to dine here. It is why were chose to come here for our wedding anniversary. We have always had an awesome experience. The server, Giuseppe, always awesome. The complete spoiler of the night was the food. It was the first time we were far below pleases with the food. The spice in the food was overwhelming. It made the dinner completely unsatisfactory.The chef must advise if the dish has any spice in the food. The paella was so incredibly hot it destroyed completely the experience. The next wine we venture there it wold be for the server. The food ought to be accompanied by a fire extinguisher. The chef should know better. Food is to be cooked to satisfy the customer not the chef's ego!
- Better for dinnerSFBearVIPDined on 7/13/2014I love this place for dinner, so I tried it for lunch. It was good but not nearly as good as dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous brunch!BigStevieDined on 7/13/2014I took a party of six to brunch last weekend and we ate one of the "casbahs" in the lobby. The food was spectacular, the ambience was just completely delightful, and the service from out waiter, Otto, was outstanding. I couldn't be happier with the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SFBearVIPDined on 7/10/2014Great food!!! Great service!!! This is an absolute gem and should not be missed!Special Features:
- GastonDined on 6/30/2014Mas has been open only about 9 months but that was sufficient to give birth to what may well be Albuquerque's finest restaurant experience. Chef James Caruso never seems to disappoint with his extraordinary tapas, each with its own distinctive taste. The ambiance is elegant with the feel of a swank NYC restaurant. The service is impeccable--if you get either Eric or Justin, you'll be treated like royalty. The bar serves up drinks named after the famous who were historically connected to the Hotel Andaluz that have as much character as their namesakes. But the star is the food, and you will not be disappointed. My last meal was one of the best I've had in any restaurant.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceBiciracerDined on 6/28/2014I have long loved La Boca in Santa Fe. I was really hoping that Mas was going to be the same experience since it's the same chef. It wasn't. Maybe they had a new staff? Maybe they still have not come together as a team? Although we had reservations, we stood at the hostess booth far too long before anyone would recognize us. Our waiter was lethargic and non-attentive, as was most of the staff. We ordered sparkling water... They were OUT. We ordered a bottle of wine... They were OUT. It took them 15 minutes to tell us they were OUT. I ordered a glass of wine. After 15 minutes I had to flag the waiter down by waving my arms. The 3rd time he walked by he finally noticed me. Then I finally got my wine. The rest of the night went about the same.
- KWMWVIPDined on 6/27/2014Only 2 waiters served the entire restaurant so don't expect expedient service. The amounts on each tapas are not well-described in the menu. For example the lamb chops were 2 tiny portions for $16 that could possibly be split by 2 people but not more. The patatas bravas were the most substantial dish fit to be shared by more than 2 people. To fill up however requires that many tapas be ordered so expect to fork out about $50 per person if you hope to leave with a full belly. Don't even bother with dessert. Other than the notable after dinner drinks the 3 items on the menu leave a lot to be desired. There is a lot of potential with a tapas restaurant. I'd rather drive to Santa Fe's El Farol.Special Features:
- Top Notch FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014Wanted to try the menu before I started my new job cooking in their kitchen. The flavor combinations are nothing short of amazing! This was my first tapas experience and I look forward to many, many more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good TapasstukVIPDined on 6/21/2014Food was excellent and service even better. Only downside was they kept moving tables around for a party next to us which was annoying.Special Features:
- The following 61 reviews are from the MÁS Tapas y Vino reviews archive.
- Dinner at MASOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/18/2014Enjoyable evening, good food and good service. Dinner area was a little noisy. Excellent PaellaSpecial Features:
- Delicious paellaKikiVIPDined on 6/13/2014We enjoyed the blood orange sangria. The two special tapas were amazing. The first was tomatoes, mozarella, grilled artichoke hearts, and jamon serrano. The second was lamb chops with tzaziki and harissa. We also enjoyed the sopa mariscada and the paella. The servers were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better this timeLuvsEatingOutDined on 6/2/2014When we went before, our waiter pretty much abandoned us after a while. This time we had an attentive waiter. The food is wonderful, the prices not so much, the portions small, even for tapas. The wine was great but pricy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014Nice atmosphere. Tapas were good although small portions. The entrees looked enticing but the paella was bland, not very spicy or interesting. Wine menu was okay but nothing great. Service was a bit slow and the waiter was not as informed about food as we would have liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Star Food!5stardinerDined on 5/24/2014The food here is the best, most creative and delicious I have had anywhere in a long time! If this were the only restaurant in town, I'd be happy with the wonderful variety of tapas and a great wine list highlighting Spanish wines as well as others from around the world. My husband and I made a meal of a variety of tapas on this very busy evening. While the staff were running their legs off, the service was efficient , though not personal. I imagine this is a very popular place with few slow paced evenings. All in all, it was a good experience which I hope to repeat again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table SNAFURaymonVIPDined on 5/4/2014We went on Open Table as usual to make our reservations and were unable to book for 7:00 or 7:30, no availability. So we took a 6:30 res and hustled our buns to get there. Imagine our surprise when we found the restaurant almost empty! It was a Sunday night so not surprised it was a little slow. We've enjoyed tapas eating style in Spain many times and Mas... is great. Start with a couple of small plates and add more if you are still hungary. All four dishes we had were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post Railyard concertJrepsaDined on 5/3/2014Perfect downtown dinner destination. The food was excellent. The service superb. We were not rushed and it was a pleasure to enjoy our surroundings, share great company and enjoy all that MAS Tapas y Vino had to offer. We will be back!Special Features:
- Excellent fooddanielCPDined on 4/20/2014Food and atmosphere were excellent. Server was OK but forgot the appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014We were seated outside, which was wonderful. The food was excellent - but somewhat limited in selection compared with other brunch buffets we have enjoyed. Especially limited was dessert - no chocolate! The wait was very long for an omelette and there was no cold seafood (smoked fish, shrimp, etc) but the antipasto was very good. It was expensive, and it was not clear that only the first mimosa was included. All in all, a lovely brunch experience.Special Features:
- Great dining in ABQJediMasterVIPDined on 3/30/2014We just did a salad and tapas. This is not just any tapas place---the selections are inventive and excellent. The chef creates interesting combinations of flavors that work very well: for example, try the skirt steak with caramel. We also had a broiled artichoke wirh feta and orange flavoring plate that was very good. The wine list is very good, with good range that made it fun to think about what to pair with the food . Service was attentive, helpful but not intrusive. I really hope this place does well---ABQ is not known for its ability to sustain good restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took me back to MadridGoodfoodgoodtimesDined on 3/20/2014Más had outstanding food and I would definitely visit again. I suggest you visit too. It is evident why the chef was a James Beard finalist more than once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top tapasfoodgeekDined on 3/6/2014Great service and excellent food. Our server took wonderful care of us. The pace was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bright spot in a dull downtown!AjbikeDined on 3/5/2014As mentioned in previous reviews, downtown is a ghost town after dark. The one bright spot is this amazing Spanish Tapas and Wine place. We were four of us and we basically shared every tapas on the menu. Everything was incredible but the huge standouts were the shrimp and the steak with salted caramel sauce (weird but addicting). If your stuck downtown make sure you visit this place.Special Features: