Mas Mexicali Cantina - West Chester
102 East Market Street
West Chester, PA 19382Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Mas Mexicali Cantina - West Chester
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.masmexicali.com/
- Phone: (610) 918-6280
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00 AM - 2:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Kevin Ortiz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Event Packages available!
- Private Party Facilities: Our second floor is the perfect space for your next private event. Our Mexicali inspired Velvet Lounge seats up to 45 guests. Our semi-private Tequila Bar accommodates 90 guests.
Weather permitting, "Más on the Roof" (rooftop dining) accommodations events for up to 150 guests with a great view of downtown West Chester!
- Private Party Contact: Matt Krom 6109186280x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment on Friday evenings and DJ Dance Party on Saturday evenings! Largest dance floor in West Chester!
A word from Mas Mexicali Cantina - West Chester
Más merges the authentic Mexican Cantina with an LA rock and roll attitude. This comes through in the décor, the food and the energy of the concept. The menu is packed with fresh traditional dishes as well as some signature Más creations tailored to the concept's heart and energy. The over-the-top grille features affordable family favorites like fresh salsas, spicy tacos, bandito burritos, sizzling fajitas, and endless chips and salsa. The menu also has a variety of vegetarian and Tofu dishes to please all of our friends.Continued
Rooftop dining is walk in only, although if it is available upon the time of your reservation we will be happy to seat you on the roof.
Rooftop dining is walk in only, although if it is available upon the time of your reservation we will be happy to seat you on the roof.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Mas Mexicali Cantina - West Chester - Best Restaurants in West Chester ›
Mas Mexicali Cantina - West Chester reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (18)vibrant bar scene (12)good for groups (11)late-night find (10)neighborhood gem (10)scenic view (7)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- In and out too quickly for dinner on a Sat. NightRobFDined on 11/22/2014Food was mediocre and uninspired. It was just ingredients mixed together but each item seemed to be just off. Won't go back.Special Features:
- Going downhillmdrbestokVIPDined on 10/12/2014We've been to Mas many, many times. Whether it's for drinks on their great rooftop bar, or for food downstairs. This last time (Sunday evening) was really terrible though. We waited a long time to order, a long time to get drinks and about 25 minutes before we were brought chips and salsa. Our waitress was nowhere to be seen, and when we did ask for anything it too at least 10 minutes to show up. The food was OK (they forgot to put chicken in my burrito, but otherwise everybody liked it), but it took over an hour from the time we arrived to the time our food got to the table. Finally, we asked for our 2 year olds food to come out early, but it instead came out at the same time on a very hot plate.
- Excellent!!MargaritagirlDined on 9/30/2014Sat on the roof-top for the first time and the view was beautiful! Food was excellent (as always), and music was lively and fun. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stale chips and bad shrimpPickynotpretentiousDined on 9/19/2014We did not enjoy our evening. The noise level was so high that we had to huddle together to be heard. The food was all but inedible - chips that were so stale and tough I was afraid I would break a tooth, 6 small shrimp in an order of shrimp fajitas (camouflaged by a mountain of veggies), and nachos that had more sour cream than cheese. The only thing to recommend were the drinks, which were overpriced but delicious.
- LOVE MasEmmmDined on 9/12/2014Never ever disapointed when I take te fam to Mas. Beautiful evening on the rooftop, great food and local Friends always popping in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!minidotDined on 9/6/2014Our food was fresh and good and the service was excellent. It was our first time there and the server did a great job of explaining everything and steering us in the right direction. Would be a great place to return with a group of friends.Special Features:
- Rooftop funwestchesterloverDined on 8/18/2014Had drinks and light dinner on a Monday night here this week. Service from Dan was great and even the hostess stopped by to chat. Very friendly, comfortable restaurant/bar. Love the rooftop bar.Special Features:
- Always a great time at Mas!EmmmDined on 8/16/2014Never disapointed having dinner on Mas rooftop! We love the staff and super friendly owners. The good is light and fresh and the atmosphere is fun and beautiful! We LOVE Mas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014The food was delicious and they were able to accomodate my friends gluten free needs, but unfortunately we didnt recieve our entire order, yet we were still charged for it. Our waitress was friendly but the only time we saw her was when she took our order and when she dropped our check, so we didnt even have a chance to tell her that we didnt get our food. Errors could have been easily fixed if the waitress was anywhere to be seen.Special Features:
- Just falls short...DisappointedDined on 8/2/2014I had a bad experience the first time I ate here but thought I would give it a try again. It seems they just can't do things efficiently. The food didn't come out in a timely manner and our server wasn't attentive enough. Our "flaming fundido" wasn't on fire missing the point. The food tasted OK, but not exceptional, especially in an area where Mexican (or even TexMex) food can be outstanding. Disappointed again, so I won't be back.
- We have to work...Create2EatDined on 8/1/2014OK, the food was really good, the music was a little loud, but 45 min to get our food... well... This was a Friday lunch - we were out from work for our lunch hour. We walked, because the weather was fine, and when we got our food, we were already supposed to be back. We did ask when/if we were going to be served, and the food was out momentarily... The waiter was surprised to think that we had time issues - Hey, we have to work to afford to come here!Special Features:
- The following 216 reviews are from the Mas Mexicali Cantina - West Chester reviews archive.
- DinnerFridayVIPDined on 7/24/2014Asian short rib tacos, rocked. Guacamole was old and taste less. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When In West ChesterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Make sure you go to Mas Mexicali Cantina! Food is so fresh and tasteful. They have the BEST chips, salsa & guacamole. We almost ate too much of these to enjoy our fabulous dinner. Great night to be outside and lots of great energy on the roof deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MexicanGregWestChesterPADined on 7/12/2014Good food. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okpsucheerVIPDined on 7/11/2014The margaritas here are awful. My husband has tried a different one each time we've gone with the same disappointing results. I almost feel like I am bothering my server when I want to place my dinner order and then no one followed up to ensure we received everything. The noise level is very loud. People were just having dinner, not partying, but it was oddly loud. The food is ok but nothing to write home about. 3 strikes, you're out... We probably won't be back.
- Not a favoriteFunnyfamilyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Honestly I would not recommend this restaurant. It wasn't particularly good and it reminded me of a dirty college bar.
- Roof top fun!letseatDined on 6/27/2014This is the second time eating at Mas, and we have loved it both times. The premium margarita is fantastic, and the food portions are large. Finally, the cost is reasonable. Totally recommend it!!!Special Features:
- mikeDined on 6/27/2014Burrito came as the wrong "Style" ordered it Chimi and it came regular. food took a while but understandable as we were on the roof top and food comes form the first floor. The drinks however took a long time to get to the table which is disappointing as we were at a table next to a rooftop bar. Some draft beers took 15+ minutes to get back to us from the time we orderedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014We dined on the rooftop bar area. The service was friendly; somewhat attentive, although had to track down the waiter. The food service was very slow, in that the manager came to the table and indicated that the chicken was 'not to the chef's liking', so it would be delayed by 20 minutes. A free round of drinks was offered, but when the bill came, it was not provided. It had to be addressed. The food itself was delicious. Would recommend it overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch With A ViewSteveHillenDined on 6/27/2014Great lunch at Mas today. Food was great and our waiter was really nice. Their tacos were to die for.Special Features:
- Mexican with a twistWCDinerDined on 6/26/2014This was our first time dining here and we loved it! We sat on the rooftop and the ambience was so beautiful. Our food was fantastic and our server was a total sweetheart. We will be back!Special Features:
- MAKSDined on 6/26/2014We went with a group of 10. We had a wonderful time. We were on the roof on a Thursday night so there was a bar crowd so the service was extremely slow. The service time was our only compliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timeFoodiewunabeDined on 6/25/2014My co-workers and I stopped in for lunch today. This was my 3rd time dining at Mas and I was highly satisfied as always. We shared the mini chimi and nacho appetizers (not realizing how monstrous the nachos were). I had a steak burrito while my co-workers had some tacos. All the food was fantastic, and our server, Gina, was a sweetheart. She guided us to try the "VIP secret cinnamon margarita" made with Cuervo Cinge tequila. UN-BE-LIEVE-ABLE. I have never had a better drink. Great lunch!Special Features:
- Horrible service and foodFoodieVIPDined on 6/21/2014I've eaten here half a dozen times. The service is just awful. We decided to sit up on the rooftop. We waited at the bar until our table was ready. It took over 10 mins for a bartender to even notice us despite there being over 4 bartenders behind the tiny counter. And then another 3 minutes to get a menu. The service at the table wasn't must better. Plates weren't cleared and our entrees were put on the tiny table 5 minutes after getting out nachos and salad. My enchiladas were disgusting. I couldn't eat them. I think a new chef might be there. I picked out at least 20 full capers from my small amount of Mexican rice. Who puts capers in Mexican rice? I don't recommend this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Service was very good, but food could be improved upon.Probably great for college kids, as the roof top bar is hopping.Special Features:
- Sorry,not like last timeFoodandNistaVIPDined on 6/15/2014Went for Father'sDay just the two of us, because our son is living out of state.1st comment,they advertised a free margarita to all Fathers.The waitress never asked, or offered a margarita. 2nd,comment, last time I ate here the food was fabulous and my review was glowing.This time neither of us enjoyed our food.I got some kind of enchilada that wasn't what I thought I had ord.A waste of money. The Spanish rice was bad, sticky and no flavor?? They only thing good about our meals were the refried beans, and salsa verde.We were looking forward to this day,but got a big let down. Not sure if I will go out of my way to come back.
- MitchPADined on 6/14/2014Had a great time with family. A Fun place to sit outside and or inside. Staff was great and attentive to needs.Special Features:
- service was poorGingerDined on 6/13/2014We had to wait 45 minutes to get even our drinks. The manager did come over and apologize. The assistant manager came and spoke to us as well. Apps and food came all together.Special Features:
- Mexican Done RightJB22VIPDined on 5/31/2014Looking for the real McCoy? You'll find authentic Mexican cuisine served in a bright and energetic setting at MAS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MilanGretchenDined on 5/31/2014Fun vibrant atmosphere - fresh food - there was an hour wait for rooftop dining - but we did have a nice time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day disasterJenAVIPDined on 5/11/2014Was in the mood for Mexican so we tried this. Our waiter although very nice was awful. Took forever to get our drinks and even longer to get our food (and it wasn't that crowded). The kicker of the night came when we asked for our check. Literally - 10 mins to GET the check and then another 10 waiting on him to run our credit card. My husband seriously wanted to dine/dash at that point! Instead we paid cash - oops - not much of a tip though as we were short on cash. DO NOT recommend it for anything beyond the bar scene. Food was mediocre.
- Great Guac!RonFromGlenMillsDined on 5/5/2014The wife and I tried Mas a few times for lunch and the place is fun, energetic and great for casual lunch in a nice downtown setting. The food is authentic and very good, especially the guacamole! We've been there a few times before this review and the service was mixed and the drinks are often hit-or-miss, but the food is always very good. The bottom line is that college kids must love this place and it must be a blast during happy hour, so take that for what it's worth. Overall: nice experience, give it a try!Special Features:
- Mas really DOES mean more!Eat2LiveDined on 4/29/2014We decided on Mas for my better half's birthday dinner, partly because of other recommendations, partly because we were going to West Chester to pick up her son to join us from WCU, and partly from the four stars on OpenTable. It was a miserable night weather wise, but the restaurant is convenient to parking so we didn't get too wet on the way in. Upon arrival, the staff was friendly & accommodating, and when I asked for any special birthday surprises they were more than happy to oblige! We sat in the "cantina" area, which was relatively busy for a Tuesday night. The server was great, the food was awesome (from the Guac & Chips to the Steak Tampiqueno... mmmm!). We would go back there in a New York minute - many other dishes we want to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itVetNurseDined on 4/26/2014I really like going here. It was my second time, and neither was I disappointed. The staff is friendly and courteous and the food is true mexican (not tex mex). The rooftop deck area is amazing!!!!Special Features:
- The Best west of CaliforniaFoodandNistaVIPDined on 4/6/2014Being raised in So.California and vacationing extensively from Alcapulco up to Baja, this food is the best. Never thought I could find GREAT Mexican cuisine in PA.Our first time there,won't be our last. LOVED the Killer Quesadilla, Chicken Tacos, and Chimis. The salsa they give you with chips when you sit down is great. My husband ate all of it. Their salsa verde(green) is the best I have ever had. Special Margaritas are fabulous! Can't wait to try eating outside on the roof top, so to speak, when it warms up. There are so many things we want to try on the menu, it will be fun doing so. If we lived closer to them we would be there a minimum of twice a week.This place is a keeper on our list!Special Features:
- Expensive for TacosLuvItalian2Dined on 4/4/2014My husband and I were surprised at how small the Tacos were. Everything is a la carte now and so by the time you paid 12.00 for 3 tacos and 1.99 for a very small serving of rice and another 1.99 for the refried beans - you've paid far more than you would at other restaurants. The expense will keep me from going back for Tacos.
- decent food. terrible servicetimcavDined on 3/9/2014The food at Mexicali was better than I remember from a year ago when I was there last. But our waitress was so bad it's difficult for me to recommend. There are too many good dining options in West Chester to take a chance on a place with lousy service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with the MagaritasShellDined on 3/8/2014The food was good. We had the enchiladas and the short rib tacos. The Magaritas were very disappointing. I was excited to drink a good Mexican restaurant Magarita, but it was not well made. Both our drinks tasted like a cup of water with ice and a spritz of lime juice. I sent it back and the remixed version tasted like a tequila on the rocks. There was no flavor. The server was nice, but was overwhelmed and had too many tables.Special Features:
- Superb LunchSouthEastPADinerDined on 2/20/2014My fiancee and I stopped in for a late lunch and were very pleased with our experience. We have been to Mas multiple times and were very excited to learn of their new menu. The new tacos on their menu are unbeatable and our guacamole appetizer was the best we have ever had. Our server was awesome too!
- Food was not as good as iFrankVIPDined on 2/18/2014Food was not as good as i thought it would be. Our server Gina was very nice and helpful.Special Features: