Martorano's Atlantic City
777 Harrah's Blvd
Atlantic City, NJ 08041Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Martorano's Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrahsresort.com/
- Phone: (609) 441-5576
- Hours of Operation:
Please refer to our website:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining available for parties up to 20.
- Private Party Contact: Stela Babenco firstname.lastname@example.org 609-441-5576x
A word from Martorano's Atlantic City
Martorano's combines exceptional food, music and movie entertainment to create the most unique dining experience. Enjoy our state-of-the-art sound and lighting system that sets the scene with anything from Classic R&B to Disco to today's Hip-Hop and Classic Slow Jams. Our high definition televisons throughout the restaurant show scenes from many of my favorite movies. Keep in mind the movie content may be R-rated and contains scenes not suitable for children under the age of 18. If you want to have a business meeting or family dinner join us between 6pm and 10pm when you can listen to classics from Sinatra to John Coltrane. From 10pm till 2am, the music kicks up and the party begins. If you see this concept anywhere in the world, know it began at Cafe Martorano in 1983.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Martorano's Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Martorano's Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
320 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (181)hot spot (164)fit for foodies (142)good for groups (140)vibrant bar scene (96)notable wine list (90)late-night find (79)romantic (58)neighborhood gem (17)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2014Food was outstanding, veal parm melted in my mouth, my husband had the linguine with fresh shucked clams and loved it. Wait staff couldn't have been more attentive. Loved the decor, music & movie's playing. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Martorano's Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Although the ambiance is great and the decor beautiful, I felt the prices were extreme ($28 for a salad and $22 for a pasta??). I've had just as good pasta for half the price and I've had better meatballs and gravy, but the red velvet cake was fantastic (again overpriced at $14). These are more NYC prices, not Atlantic City. I will probably not dine there again. The servers were all fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Timers-Blew Them Away!nycnycVIPDined on 11/16/2014Brought another couple who were first timers at Martorano's. The food blew them away! We started off with a Two Meatball with Ricotta and Salad appetizer, Long Hots (peppers) and Calamari. Not a bite or crumb left. Entrees were the fish of the day, a delicious Snapper in a Puttanesca Sauce, Veal Parmigiana and Gnocchi. Needless to say we ate it all with no problem. Then I ordered my favorite dessert, Waffles with Ice Cream. Our friends looked at me like "What??" until they tasted it, and understood what a great finish to a great meal tastes like. The service was outstanding, warm and professional. Signe, our server, and the entire crew were terrific. Then the General Manager Nick came over to welcome our friends to Martorano's. Outstanding! My friends couldn't stop talking about the "Godfather' movie playing on the TV screens. We all started saying the key lines with the actors. LOL. Great Food, Service and Setting for an outstanding and fun dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/16/2014Our total experience was excellent. We had dined there before but this one was noteworthy. It was my husband's birthday and the staff made it extra special. Christian and Adalberto took care of us. They were supreme. We have dined at ALL of the Martorano restaurants and are so happy that we now have one close to our home - Philly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing second time around!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014What can I say?? A stand up, friendly and beautiful restaurant. Let me first start off by thanking the hostess Camille. She was such a sweetheart knowing that we were coming from a concert we rushed back even though she told us she would hold our reservations. Then there's the best waitress hands down - Debbie. My sis and I were so happy to get you again as our waitress and Noodles such a kind server. Steve you have a amazing crew when your not there and I am sure that is comforting. Now let's get to the food................. The famous eggplant stack OMG and we decided to dine with the same we had last time, chicken parm and linguine with clams. Our only hopes were some of the mouth watering dishes Steve's post on his IG, hopefully they will get on the menu or at least specials. Can't wait to get back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our servers were attentive & pleasant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Our food was delicious & couldn't ask for better service. A wonderful experience. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Find!Foley475VIPDined on 11/15/2014We have been to Martorano's in Vegas and couldn't wait to return. We were so excited when they opened in Atlantic City. The meatball salad and eggplant stack are my favorites! The staff are knowledgable and so accommodating and nice. Definitely worth the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/15/2014Food was excellent. VealParm best ever ate. We were party of 6 ordered 3 appetizers, waiter suggested family style without mentioning the price would be doubled for each app. $86.00 pricey for apps. After dinner the waiter asked if we would like coffee no one did dessert was never offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathygDined on 11/14/2014We love Martorano's, it's not just a dining event it's an experience for all senses ! The service, the cocktails, the ambience not to mention the food which is FABULOUS, the only reason I rated the AC food "Very Good" instead of "Outstanding" is because each of the times we've dined at Café Martorano's in Ft Lauderdale, Steve Martorano himself was cooking ! Do yourself a favor and check it out you'll become a fan as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014I have always been a big fan of this restaurant. I have been to the Mortorano"s' s in Vegas at the Rio many times, I have also been to the one in Florida at the Hard Rock Hotel and the one in Fort Lauderdale. I love these restaurants! That is what was so disappointing. The Mortorano's in in Atlantic City could not even compared to the other restaurants, His famous and delicious meatballs were hard and over done. The cheese was cold and tasteless, the salad was also tasteless. I never have a problem paying $23 for a meatball and salad. It is usually my favorite thing in the world. However I would not go back to Martorano's Atlantic City!!! The whole meal was extremely disappointing!!!! I'd rather go to Carmine's.Special Features:
- Delicious!Courtlynn9486Dined on 11/14/2014Absolutely delicious!! Would recommend to everyone. Enjoyed the chicken parm and gnocchi. Everything made fresh and watching the chefs prepare the food was great. Joe, our server was excellent. Very knowledgable about the menu and was overall a pleasure. He even had a tablet to show us pictures of the specials. Thank you for a romantic dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the service was great. The calamari was delicious. We ordered three main courses. The fish was excellent, the chicken parm. came out cold, we sent it back and it returned warm not hot ,and the linguine and clams had so much pepper flakes that they took away the taste of the dish. I guess it was not our night to be there. I would try one more time before I would give a recommendation.Special Features:
- TBACtoVegasDined on 11/11/2014The restaurant was great. The tvs on the walls. The white and black colors. The pasta was great. It's hard to make pasta that way. The gravy was good too. Got the table quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014Fried calamari, lobster franchese, penne vodka special, glass of wine, martini and cappuchino plus tip = $200. All the food was fine but definitely not worth the money.Special Features:
- Always OUTSTANDING!!!!nycnycVIPDined on 11/9/2014Went for a birthday dinner just the two of us. From beginning to end the evening was outstanding! Food: Split the Chicken Marsala for an appetizer. Highest quality chicken; amazing Marsala sauce with the freshest mushrooms and a superb Marsala wine base. Had Spaghetti D.O.P. and Lobster Fra Diavolo as the main courses; high quality imported pasta and delicious certified San Marzano tomatoes-amazing; the Lobster Fra Diavolo included two of the freshest lobster tails in a marvelous sauce. Service: Ordered Waffles and Ice Cream for dessert and the Manager, Nick, and the whole crew came over to sing 'Happy Birthday'-That extra caring that makes the service really outstanding. Another truly memorable night at Martorano's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not for me.julesxoDined on 11/8/2014Just was not my scene. I didn't realize that the music gets cranked up so loud you can't hear your waiter. We just wanted to order our food and get out instead of having drinks and dessert also. Our waiter was very friendly, food was good. Other than that, just not what we were looking for atmosphere wise, not good for an intimate dining experience.Special Features:
- There's al dente, and there's lazyLocalReviewerVIPDined on 11/8/2014If you go to the website, they hit you over the head that their pasta is "AL DENTE." We each got a pasta (bucatini carbonara & the Sunday gravy) and both of these were ridiculously undercooked. If you are now saying "this is probably a person who doesn't know what al dente really is," think again. I am Italian, have been cooking Italian for 20 years, and have eaten in countless Italian restaurants around the world. This place is just lazy & trimming their prep time by trying to sell it as "al dente." On top of this, the whole concept is misplaced. It turns into a club at 10PM & becomes literally impossible to hear anything. In short, not worth the $. Plenty of other places in AC for Italian food or clubs -- you don't need them in one place.
- not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Martorano's is very loud! The menu is pretty limited and you cannot ask for something special or to substitute. The pasta is VERY ALDENTE (hard) and no they won't cook it more. The wait staff tells you that not all your entrées will come out at the same time, strange but ...As it turned it out my entrée came out 25mins after my husband's. He had finished his meal before I even got mine. He tried hard not to eat but it was hot and who wants a cold entrée (we both ended up eating it)....The Wait staff is excellent but I will not go back. Certainly not worth the money.
- Good food, very priceyGoodtimeDined on 11/8/2014Overall, very nice, good service, as well as it should be, as we paid $72 for veal chop Marsala. Yes, $72. FT Lauderdale restaurant has bigger portions. You'd never know you're in a casino. Menu much smaller than FT Lauderdale's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost PerfectLisafer1973Dined on 11/7/2014The only negative thing I can say is we had a reservation and still had to wait a half hour to be seated. Food was off the wall! I recommend the eggplant appetizer.and the peach martini. Loved the Sopranossk playing in the background and when a good scene was on the lights dimmed and the volum went up. We will go back there again and again. I only wish the chef would've been there to meet him, maybe next time.Special Features:
- shar65Dined on 11/7/2014Outstanding, the black and white, makes the restaurant very chic....as for the food, superb....the fried calamari dish was excellent along with the meatball and salad with a side of ricotta.....the sunday gravy entree was amazing....Steve out did himself with his selection of dishes....bottom line you leave full, no small portions here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, but ...HappyeatingDined on 11/7/2014Gorgeous hip restaurant. Gives you feel that you are in the "happening place." The food was "mostly" great. The service, while well intended, is restricted by rules, yes, "rules!" Blew me away. Sunday gravy awesome. Bucatini nicely al dente. Veal chop ($74) well worth the price. Meatballs good but not great. Broccoli rab wonderful, not too garlicky. Veal palm just average. Calamari too sweet and soggy. The rules: everything must be ordered at once. Cant enjoy appetizers over drink while contemplating rest of order. We were starving and could not get apps, then had to ask 3 times for bread. Special requests frowned on. I requested more gravy for under sauced meatballs and was made to feel that I had asked the server to part the Red Sea.Special Features:
- Classy ItalianImafoodieDined on 11/6/2014The restaurant is very chic and elegant in an all black and white modern design. The service is great; a little over the top for my taste, but if you are one who loves to be pampered, it's right up your alley. The food is great; I've never had better fried calamari. If you want a homey Italian style meal of pasta with Sunday gravy, this is the place for that too! That's what I had, and it was as good or better than my Italian born husbands Sunday sauce! It is expensive for our lifestyle, but if you don't mind paying $38 for pasta in Sunday gravy, then you'll eat this place up! The portions at least are BIG!Special Features:
- Memorable MealMareDined on 11/5/2014What an outstanding meal! Every person that was part of our meal was extremely friendly & professional. They have a great sense of pride for working there. The food is superb. We went back the following night. Loved the food, people, and setting. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014First class service, great food and a lot of fun. Been to the one in Vegas definitely a great idea to put one in acSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is amazingOctoDined on 11/4/2014From the perfectly warmed bread, through the oils and grated cheese compliments, the apps and main entrees were not only visually exciting but the taste was incredible! We were too full to try desserts but presume they would not disappoint either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marorano'sCDMJDined on 11/2/2014I would not recommend this restaurant - the service was terrible - they brought out one dish at a time and the last entree was not even cooked thoroughly so it had to be send back. Also our waiter spent a lot of time at the table next to us talking and basically not paying attention to any of his other tables, never came back to ask how things were , etc. Also, I am not a fan of the chef not making any adjustments to the entrees, ex, no cheese, cooked well done, etc. I would not go back.
- limited menu,WAAAY to loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Had a 9:00 reservation, arrived at 8:50 and told it would be 5 minutes.........was finally led to the table at 9:45. Music was ear splitting loud, could not hear the person across the table. Showed clips of Goodfellas which was totally inappropriate for kids. Limited menu but veal sicilian was awesome as well as the calamariSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/31/2014Had a wonderful time and the food was delicious. Can't wait until they add their other selections to the menu.Special Features:
- Pricey but good.ACgambler617Dined on 10/31/2014I found the food excellent from appetizers to dessert. However the noise level was deafening. I would recommend for special occasions as it was pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LEEHOFFDined on 10/31/2014Have been to martoranos several times and the food is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thezogDined on 10/30/2014food was outstanding well prerared,service great ,I will definately return with friendsSpecial Features:
- Old School Italian AttitudeumprefDined on 10/30/2014The menu tells you that this is a 'Cuz' place. The note about substituting is humorous and to the point. The limited menu has all excellent listings in all the top categories. The meatball salad is out of the box and excellent. Entrees are freshly made and hot when they reach the table. The flavor is wonderful for all of their dishes. Friendly and very efficient servers that wisp in and out and don't take up your time while dining. A definite go back after your first trip. I have been there a number of times and will go back and back again. "Yo Cuz" get there.Special Features:
- Expensive and so-so foodBarbaraLDined on 10/29/2014I was very disappointed in our experience at Martorano's and feel that it was extremely overpriced. The waitress raved about their famous meatballs, but one meatball for $22 as an appetizer? Really? Be sure to ask prices on the specials, they were significantly higher than the menu items and the desserts, while tasty, were overpriced. I dined with a group of 5 others (not on an expense account) and for drinks, an entree and dessert and coffee our bill was $90 a person! I can only imagine what the desserts cost! This is why Atlantic City is failing - Very disappointed in what we got for the money we paid. Having checked out the menu prior to making a reservation I never expected a basic meal to cost us each close to $100.
- Great TimeAwesomeDined on 10/25/2014Had a Group Dinner for a Friends Bachelor Party, Service and food were GREAT!!!Special Features:
- mystic4diningDined on 10/22/2014Appetizers are very good. Entrees are extremely salty and limited.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go backKindaDined on 10/19/2014The food here was absolutely amazing - service could not have been better - one of the best places I've eaten in Atlantic CitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014Food was amazing!! Get the meatballs - out of this world! The eggplant stack is also to die for. They have some interesting cocktails served over water ice. The Godfather is playing on a loop on all the tv screens in the restaurant with subtitles on. Fun and delicious dining experience. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Great Food and FunBrianWVIPDined on 10/18/2014We have been here 2 other times and always bring people there for their first time. As ALWAYS the food and service were great. Quality and fresh made to order food. I can't forget to mention that on Sat night they crank up the music and then the party really starts. Gotta have the Veal Martorano. Hats off to the entire staff but we have always had Collin and Noodles as our wait staff and they are the best.Special Features:
- GizzyDined on 10/18/2014There were two very large parties going on at the same time, and most of the wait staff seemed to be tied up with them. We waited over 10 minutes before anyone even came to our table. I thought the menu was sparse, and my husband was a little upset that he couldn't make a substitution to his selection (all the poor guy wanted was spaghetti instead of gnocchi with his chicken parm). I thought the food was overly salty, and the chicken was a little tough, but for me who loves gnocchi, I thought they were little puffs of heaven. The meatballs and gravy are okay, but again, too salty for my liking. Interesting to note, there are no salt or pepper shakers on the tables. Should have been my first clue.Special Features: