917 Duval Street
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.martinskeywest.com/
- Phone: 3052950111
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Martin Busam
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Martin's can accommodate groups for dinner from 12-60 in our palm tree garden. Our main dining room seats 50 and our out door lounge can accommodate 10 - 80 for cocktails and Hors D'oeuvres. Is your group larger rent out the whole restaurant with all three floors for a truly memorable event.
- Private Party Contact: Martin Busam 3052950111
A word from Martin's
Martin's surprises the guest with a classic and tropical mix. As soon as one arrives, one feels surrounded by European sophistication with a touch of the playfulness of the tropics-just like our menu. All sections-formal dining area, lounge and garden are flexible as are our menus from formal classic European cuisine to informal/ tropically inspired tapas, appetizers and desserts. In addition to a full complement of imported champagnes and imported and USA wines, the bar provides a complete range of tropical and classic cocktails. The clarity and quality of style that surrounds you in Martin's reflects the menu's flexibility and quality from a Martini to a weekend brunch to a formal dinner to a banquet or evening of dancing in a chic, cosmopolitan setting. As soon as one arrives in Martin's, one feels surrounded by European sophistication with a touch of the playfulness of the tropics-just like our menu!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Martin's reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (5)special occasion (5)notable wine list (4)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Remembering the Old MartinsBartholdi350Dined on 8/6/2014I've always enjoyed Martins as far back as their Fleming Street address. But, this time we had a charming waiter who seemed hurried at times and the food was not up to par as in the past but not terrible. I will still return to check on any progress. I think it needs to return to its German roots was was nearly absent this visit.Special Features:
- Great wine drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/18/2014Portions of food were huge, but yummy. Given the restaurant scene this is not a bad spot. We enjoyed the comfortable ambience, good selections of food..great evening..if u like food then this is not a bad spot to eat!Special Features:
- Excellent experience!foodiecoupleDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I decided to go to Key West for a quick last minute getaway. It also happen to be our 10th year anniversary. Having been to Martin's before, we decided to make a reservation to celebrate our special day. We had an excellent dinner and outstanding experience. Great food, good wine, and excellent service. Our waiter was very attentive, friendly, courteous, and accommodating!Special Features:
- The following 165 reviews are from the Martin's reviews archive.
- Great First-time Experiencecjob50Dined on 6/27/2014We enjoyed the restaurant. My only complaint is that they over-cooked my steak. I wanted medium rare, and I got a medium. Great service, though. We would go back and recommend to a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantPatMVIPDined on 6/17/2014What you notice first are the flowers. Gorgeous roses, lilies, and then the orchids on the tables. The mushrooms over brushetta appetizer was wonderful. The grouper with dijon crust was delicious. The steaks were good, but not outstanding. Should have tried the schnitzel! The bananas foster was great and enough for 3. Finished off with a glass of complimentary champagne.Special Features:
- outstanding surprise findtastebuds2bpleasedDined on 6/10/2014Food was superb. Waiter was very helpful. Four diners; four different palates - all were quite pleased. Portions quite ample. Three venues available - we chose the comfort of air conditioning. Music a bit too loud -everything else was perfect -- right down to the Belgian Chocolate Mousse! Salad[Black Forest] enough for 2 to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!TinydancerDined on 6/2/2014I had been wanting to try this place for months but my plans were always interrupted. Finally made it and it was totally worth it! Food, drinks, and service were all excellent! Gotta go back for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantDine42Dined on 5/29/2014Everything was delicious...appetizer and entree. Service was outstanding. We ate in the garden..very romantic. Would definitely go there again. Don't pass up this restaurant!Special Features:
- High cuisine with German flairSouthernmostOneDined on 5/11/2014Martin's for Mother's Day brunch was excellent. Potato pancake sides and two of their Egg Benedict specials - succulent sautéed lobster medallions and traditional German golden brown veal cutlet. Fine dining in a wonderful atmosphere with superb service. Try their Bellinis - they were perfect.Special Features:
- PleasantkeywesterDined on 5/11/2014Took my mother to brunch at Martin's for mothers day, it was a very nice and quiet atmosphere and the food was delicious! Definitely recommend trying one of their unique Eggs Benedict.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance and very good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/2/2014Very good Beef Wellington. Had the calamari appetizer and my wife had crab claws. She was a bit disappointed in the calamari because she is in the food industry and she believes she knows they come in a can. Wished for the price it would have been fresh not canned. Otherwise the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/26/2014We order a bunch of the small plates. Everything was good, but the lamb chops were so tiny, my boyfriend had to order 2 orders of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good meal.DennyLynneVIPDined on 4/25/2014We ate at Martin's on a busy Friday night. We were seated promptly but the service was a little slow. We were not in a hurry so that was fine. The food was well prepared and served hot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Martin's Never DisappointsDinermeisterVIPDined on 4/20/2014Had brunch with friends after Easter mass in the garden at the Basilica. At Martin's, we had a lovely shaded outdoor table and an attentive, apt server named Alex. Martin's Benedicts, omelets and crepes never disappoint in terms of range of choice and the expert preparation and quality of the food. We will return again and again!Special Features:
- Great BrunchLaPerche1Dined on 4/20/2014We have been to Martin's 2 years in a row for Easter Brunch. We invited friends this year to aoccompany us. We were very pleased with the food selection and service we received on such a busy day! I ordered a Lobster Omelet with Brie cheese....it was excellent. Not chopped up pieces of lobster, but whole recognizable pieces of lobster with the wonderful lobster claw meat on the top of the omelet!! Very special!Special Features:
- easter brunchmedusaDined on 4/20/2014when our hotel couldn't accommodate an earlier an earlier request for brunch the concierge recommended Martins We are so glad they did. Everything about Martins was great, We are looking forward to going back for dinnerSpecial Features:
- great overall experience!!!!!!TiToDined on 4/19/2014beautiful place, excellent service, greeeeeat food!!!!!!! shame is al the way in key west!!!!!!Special Features:
- Awesome food, at a lovely resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2014I love meeting my friends here. The food is always 'spot-on' and there is always something to see from this location. Enjoyed the friendly service and look forward to dining at Martins again, soon.Special Features:
- Perfect DinnerRImpinkDined on 3/22/2014Martin's was exactly what we were looking for. There is a terrace area for dining that sits back from Duval so it feels more secluded. The food portions were pretty nice size for tapas and everything that came out was delicious. Definitely recommend the brie appetizer and the lobster bisque!Special Features:
- Great food, excellent knowledgableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2014Great food, excellent knowledgable wait staff. Not your typical KW resturant. Martin's is a must for excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- sunday brunchpacerDined on 3/2/2014wonderful array of benedicts, large portions ....wienerschnitzel, surf/turf/ veggie benedicts .... seafood crepe delicious .... server was there when we needed her ... the six of us sat in the back open area .... quiet despite right on DuvalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a first visit very nice.DeeKVIPDined on 2/20/2014For a first visit very nice. Wonderful ambiance, nice wine selections. Our dinners were good but not great! The lobster tail was tough and sides were good but not special. We will go again next time were in key west for sure but martin's didn't take the place of our other favorite restaurants in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentines Day DinnerTravel9Dined on 2/14/2014They had a nice Valentines Day Dinner menu that had a shared salad 2 entrees and shared dessert. The pricing was appropriate for the dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Valentine's DayRongaDined on 2/14/2014I had family from out of town and they wanted to go to a great restaurant for the special day so Martin's immediately came to mind. One might think a great restaurant wouldn't be on the main street of such a touristy town but they'd be wrong. Our waitress was lovely, friendly, and efficient. Everyone's food was perfectly prepared and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful rlocation to bring friendDavidDined on 2/7/2014I had a party of 9 that I needed to invite to a restaurant. I usually go to Martin's when I am in town. Great location, service was good, I would give this location a 5 star if the bread their serve was better. Overall this is a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch with my AuntDinermeisterVIPDined on 1/26/2014Martin's for brunch after 10:30 Mass at the Basilica with my 89-yr-old aunt who is a nun....great choice! Ate outdoors in the shade, delicious food (as always!); the shared crab cake appetizer with jalapeno remoulade was excellent, especially the remoulade...so flavorful!. Only negative was a person in the kitchen who was smoking; we did not enjoy sharing the smoke from his cigarette AT ALL. We will be more careful with our seating choice next time, but kitchen staff could also be asked to smoke away from restaurant patrons, please, too.Special Features:
- Germany on DuvalMikeVIPDined on 1/25/2014This return visit to Martin's resulted in the usual wonderful dining experience. In spite of what seemed like an overabundance of motorcycles and scooters with no mufflers, this open air space in Key West delivered great food and service once again. The Lamb Osso Bucco was delightful and I tasted the yellowtail snapper as well and it would have been another good choice. Don't miss the bread (with sundried tomatoes and olives) which is baked fresh each day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulMrZeeDined on 1/24/2014We had a delicious, quiet, well served dinner for 7. Drinks came quickly and the food followed in a reasonable amount of time to allow us to enjoy the ambience and each others small talk. Extensive wine list. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Beef WellingtonLocalVIPDined on 1/12/2014The Beef Wellington was as good as any I have had. I recommend it.Special Features:
- Romantic, special occasion dinnerFoodluverVIPDined on 1/9/2014My husband and I always go to Key West for our anniversary, but this is the first time we have had dinner at Martin's. It is our new favorite spot for special occasions in Key West. I high recommend it. The staff is very friendly, knows the menu well and goes out of their way to make dinner an event. The food was outstanding. The ambience is wonderful, both indoors and at their outdoor patio. I highly recommend Martin's.Special Features:
- Overpriced overrated over cookerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Had 2 filet mignon steak dinners. Both were overlooked. Both sent back half eaten. No discount and charged full price. Terrible customer recovery. Could have at least have offered to comp the salad. Total bill for two incl wine and tip 170. We won't be back.
- Martin's a MustREDSTOREVIPDined on 12/28/2013Here in Key West the restaurant scene is very vibrant and Martin's is one of the leaders in consistently fine cuisine. Along with owner Fritz and two great servers, Andrew and Lucas, you are in good hands to settle into fine dining with a German twist. The only difficulty you will have is between the beautifully appointed dining room with feather chandeliers or the street side patio where people watching is as fine as the food.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and amazing service!!WhovilleDined on 12/27/2013I was celebrating my 50th birthday and the staff accommodated a party of 11 without any problem and they took great care of us!! They even took large group photos!! Great people and great location! Food was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience-Food less than FairDGK1Dined on 12/26/2013Too bad, we had a very "fair" meal here on our visit this week. The location is fantastic and the layout of the property great. Service was very good but the food and presentation left a lot to be desired. Bummed that I wasted on night of dining trying this new venue. From now on I'll stick to the great places I have always loved and enjoyed in Key West.
- Great foodBrumasDined on 12/25/2013We ate at Martin's on Christmas Day. The food was great, the service got off to a slow start but ended up excellent. Pricy but worth it for an occasion.Special Features:
- Christmas in Key WestPartyoftenDined on 12/25/2013For our family of ten, this was our first destination Christmas. My husband and I wanted dinner on Christmas night to be special. Many recommended restaurants were closed Christmas night. Lucky for us Martin's wasn't one of them. Everyone was thrilled with their selections from appetizers to entrees to dessert. Martin's has a wonderful and reasonably priced wine list for the Key West location. Last but not least the attentiveness of our server, Paul, made our evening at Martin's a memorable one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Dinner!ReelEZDined on 12/18/2013The manager of our hotel raved about Martin's and we had not been in several years. It was even better that we remembered. The sides complimented the entrée perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Key West with German optionsMangopopVIPDined on 12/11/2013A very nice restaurant. Not like a lot in KW.. Quiet, refined but friendly service, great food with lots of options. If Duval St. wears you down this is a very nice place to recharge and get ready for another crack at the Hog's Breath Saloon, or some other quiet place....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Key West Christmas ParadeCorvetteguyDined on 12/7/2013Every year, friends and I book a table at Martins to watch the Key West Christmas Parade at night as it goes down Duval St. It's a great location. The food is wonderful with new twists on classic seafood dishes. I always order the Dijon Encrusted Grouper. Their desserts are wonderful too.. when I'm not too full to try one. Our waiter Andrew was wonderful. He has taken care of us each visit, and turned me on to a new vodka, John-Mark. He is cute, professional, funny, always where he needs to be, when he needs to be there. It was a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable, lovely viewRobertDined on 11/19/2013We like to sit indoors but near the front, watching the Duval Street scene. Very good food. We always stay nearby, it's perfect for lunch. This is the way Key West dining should be, and we're there all the time, our second home. I especially like the German/European menu items, a treat I recall from my years living in Germany. You might not expect that in Key West, but there it is!Special Features: