917 Duval Street
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.martinskeywest.com/
- Phone: (305) 295-0111
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Martin Busam
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Martin's can accommodate groups for dinner from 12-60 in our palm tree garden. Our main dining room seats 50 and our out door lounge can accommodate 10 - 80 for cocktails and Hors D'oeuvres. Is your group larger rent out the whole restaurant with all three floors for a truly memorable event.
- Private Party Contact: Martin Busam 3052950111
A word from Martin's
Martin's surprises the guest with a classic and tropical mix. As soon as one arrives, one feels surrounded by European sophistication with a touch of the playfulness of the tropics-just like our menu. All sections-formal dining area, lounge and garden are flexible as are our menus from formal classic European cuisine to informal/ tropically inspired tapas, appetizers and desserts. In addition to a full complement of imported champagnes and imported and USA wines, the bar provides a complete range of tropical and classic cocktails. The clarity and quality of style that surrounds you in Martin's reflects the menu's flexibility and quality from a Martini to a weekend brunch to a formal dinner to a banquet or evening of dancing in a chic, cosmopolitan setting. As soon as one arrives in Martin's, one feels surrounded by European sophistication with a touch of the playfulness of the tropics-just like our menu!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Martin's reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)romantic (7)special occasion (6)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)good for groups (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Best Birthday Dinner!ReelEZDined on 12/18/2013The manager of our hotel raved about Martin's and we had not been in several years. It was even better that we remembered. The sides complimented the entrée perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Key West with German optionsMangopopVIPDined on 12/11/2013A very nice restaurant. Not like a lot in KW.. Quiet, refined but friendly service, great food with lots of options. If Duval St. wears you down this is a very nice place to recharge and get ready for another crack at the Hog's Breath Saloon, or some other quiet place....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Key West Christmas ParadeCorvetteguyDined on 12/7/2013Every year, friends and I book a table at Martins to watch the Key West Christmas Parade at night as it goes down Duval St. It's a great location. The food is wonderful with new twists on classic seafood dishes. I always order the Dijon Encrusted Grouper. Their desserts are wonderful too.. when I'm not too full to try one. Our waiter Andrew was wonderful. He has taken care of us each visit, and turned me on to a new vodka, John-Mark. He is cute, professional, funny, always where he needs to be, when he needs to be there. It was a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable, lovely viewRobertDined on 11/19/2013We like to sit indoors but near the front, watching the Duval Street scene. Very good food. We always stay nearby, it's perfect for lunch. This is the way Key West dining should be, and we're there all the time, our second home. I especially like the German/European menu items, a treat I recall from my years living in Germany. You might not expect that in Key West, but there it is!Special Features:
- Martin's NEVER Disappoints!DinermeisterVIPDined on 11/17/2013Have been to Martin's on a number of special occasions, but this was our first brunch along with another couple, It was superb. Two different omelet orders, a Benedict, and a seafood crepe. All beautifully presented, all perfectly prepared, all delicious. I am still thinking about the exquisitely prepared seafood crepe. I want another one...soon!Special Features:
- Awesome nightFuzzyDined on 11/7/2013Martins was superb! Scallop appetizer with my guest and I sharing the Duck and grouper. Portions are generous and food delicious! Pavel, our server was amazing, very professional and personable and took great care of us! Owner was nice too! Thanks and see you soon!Special Features:
- A gem close to Truman in Duval.GourmandfrankDined on 10/18/2013High class place to have a nice dinner and spend time in romantic conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartinsKristinaDined on 9/28/2013We truly enjoyed our evening. It was quiet and our meals were wonderful. Our party of 4 each ordered a different entree -- the yellowtail snapper, filet mignon, black grouper and the lobster tail. Each meal was delicious! We would highly recommend Martins' and we plan on returning on our next visit to Key West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality was good...lacked flavor.MorganVIPDined on 8/18/2013My husband and I ate at Martins for our 6th wedding Anniversary. When we arrived the server sat us and said "happy anniversary." outside of that nothing else was mentioned. We were seated outside in the front table for people watching. I had the surf & turf and my husband a steak. Both were good cuts of near and the lobster tail was fresh and well cooked. The most flavorful thing was the mashed potatoes which were very good. We both had martini's which were delightful. Price was on point for a typical steakhouse...a great deal if you order anything from the sea. Not a place for children. As in typical Key West style people are dressed both up, down, and sideways. Overall it was a nice night--hoping the chef was just off his flavor game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2013Had my first experience at Martins this past weekend. Went for a birthday brunch. Wow! Great outdoor spot to people watch. The food was outstanding. I had the Asparagus on Toast. A thick slice of German Style Toast, a beautiful piece of ham, covered with Gouda, and asparagus. Tasty. My friend had a Crab Benedict. Lots of crab, eggs done to perfection, with a wonderful Hollandaise Sauce. The service was very good. Our waiter was constantly refilling water or asking if we'd like more coffee. Food was served quickly. As a Key West resident for the last three years, Martins was one of the restaurants I hadn't yet tried. I'll be back again. A great experience.Special Features:
- Try it!GeorgeDined on 8/2/2013Definitely one of the better places to eat down at Key West, the food was great and the restaurant was beautiful. It has the New York feel that you don't get in any other restaurant around the area. It's a good change if you're tried of eating outside and seeing chickens running around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE place to eat in Key West!GrillMasterVIPDined on 7/29/2013I was impressed by the breadth of the menu--something for everyone. Steak, seafood, German food (Schnitzel, Duck Breast Schwarzwald), Vegetarian Plate, Surf & Turf, Lamb Osso Bucco, Rack of Lamb are just a few. Of the five of us, we had Wiener Schnitzel, Jäger Schnitzel, Grouper Dijon, Yellowtail Capri, and Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo. All were excellent. I had the Wiener Schnitzel and it was the best since I was in Germany. We shared orders of Yellow Fin Tuna for an appetizer--perfectly prepared with ginger, wasabi, soy, and seaweed salad. Finished with spectacular Apple Strudel for dessert. The lobster bisque was too fishy tasting--very strong. The wine list was extensive. Our server, Pavol, was attentive, professional, and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and prompt serviceDisappointmentDined on 7/19/2013Good food and prompt service as usual. Quiet evening as we went early prior to the theater. Good martini selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticLovestoEatDined on 7/7/2013Martin's is a restaurant and martini bar yet the two are separate. There's outside seating as well as inside seating. The atmosphere is very romantic and quiet while the restaurant is very beautiful! The food was incredible and the service was magnificent. It's an awesome place for some fantastic food and a romantic dinner as well. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first time won't be our lastJustengaged1Dined on 6/8/2013I thought the food was amazing. The waiting staff made great recommendations and kept us trying new dishes that were excellent. The atmosphere was great with the street of key west right out the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely steakhouse w/ outdoor diningAgs4foodDined on 5/31/2013We were looking for a nice steakhouse for our last dinner on vacation and this was a great pick! Loved sitting near the front patio area, but not right on the street. My steak was cooked to perfection and my husband really loved the fish plate he had. Veggies and sides were especially good and fresh too. The service was great; we had reservations and were promptly seated, and food was delivered in a very quick manner as well. We'll definitely return on our next trip!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in Key West. WifeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/23/2013Great spot in Key West. Wife had Maine lobster. A bit pricey but not once you realize where you are. The lobster was fresh and well prepared. The Jaegar Schnitzel was nicely prepared and tasted great. Service was excellent but the restuarant was not very crowded when were being served.Special Features:
- I ordered the WIENERSCHNITZELOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013I ordered the WIENERSCHNITZEL which was way overcooked. I have pictures to show the food overcooked if interested. I asked the waiter about it and he said that was the way it was served - NOT! I have had it before, but mine was crispy and burnt on the edges. The waiter didn't come around too much to give us more tap water even though we were one of the two couples sitting inside. Won't be going back to this restaurant - price, service and food was not up to par for the restaurant!Special Features:
- Martin's, on the AtlanticRonKVIPDined on 4/23/2013Martin's, on the Atlantic side of Duval Street, is a great dining experience. From Tapas to a full menu you can't go wrong at lunch or dinner. The chef brings a German flair to the menu so save room for a unique apple strudel. Service was very attentive. Enjoy!Special Features:
- For the past few Sundays,KWfoodieVIPDined on 4/22/2013For the past few Sundays, we have had a fantastic brunch at Martin's. Our group sat in the back garden and dined on eggs benedict, crepes, some tapas and mimosas. The WIENERSCHNITZEL Benedict is amazing and will have you coming back for more every Sunday. Other lighter fare is fantastic as well. Favorites include the Tropical Waldorf salad and shrimp/scallop skewers. You can't go wrong with the seafood crepe - simply delicious. The staff at Martin's is very attentive and gracious. Our server Wayne was awesome. Martin's is a Key West gem!Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our timeDinerVIPDined on 4/20/2013We really enjoyed our time at this fine restaurant. Our waiter, Wayne was top notch and professional. It was a pleasure to dine on outstanding seafood and each dish was better then the last. The outdoor eating area is wonderful... definitely try this fine restaurant and enjoy the best in food and service.Special Features:
- Eddie OeddieoVIPDined on 4/19/2013The food and service was superb! Such a surprise to find good German food in Key West.Special Features:
- Everything was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/17/2013Everything was very good. The food was outstanding and somewhat different from what you see on other restaurant menus.Special Features:
- Look insideWilliamDined on 4/8/2013The exterior is nice but is understated when compared to the high quality of th e food served within. Excellent service, friendly staff, reasonable prices for this quality. This was our second time there and we intend to return again.Special Features:
- Spent our 5year anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2013Spent our 5year anniversary there. They made it quite special..Special Features:
- At the last minute we decidedgreatvaluesVIPDined on 3/9/2013At the last minute we decided to have dinner at Martin's and were happy that we did. Excellent food, service and atmosphere. It was rather cool outside so having the option to eat inside where it was warmer and more comfortable was a plus.Special Features:
- Though the restaurant emmaculate,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2013Though the restaurant emmaculate, the service was wonderful and the ambiance was very nice, the food left a bit to be desired. We ordered from Tapas and dinner menus. We started with the Lobster Bisque and Potato Soup. The Potato Soup was actually quite good. The Lobster Bisque on the other had was atrocious. From the Tapas Menu we had the Grilled Lamb Chops. They were good, not great. For the main course we had the Weiner Schnitzel with Spatzle, the Yellowtail "Florinetine", and the Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo. The Weiner Schnitzel was huge but bland. The Spatzle was room temp, dry and chewy. The Yellowtail was o.k. nothing extraordinary. The Fettuccini was luke warm and the pasta was over-cooked. definitely not worth the money.
- Patronized Martin's on Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Patronized Martin's on Valentine's Day so had a special dinner menu. Girlfriend had the stone crab claws and the Maine lobster (she loves her protein) and I had the Waldorf salad and filet. Both meals were prepared correctly and tasty. Interior reminded me of a European eatery with small intimate tables lining the walls- close enough to other patrons for interaction, but still not too close that you couldn't hold a private conversation. Upon arrival, it felt as if the wait staff was "encouraging" us to eat outside, but we chose to eat indoors, which was wise as the wind and strong rain came down within 10 minutes of being seated. The waiter was pleasant, but his voice was loud for the ambiance-also was condesending to fellow customer.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/9/2013We had a great meal at Martin's with excellent service. We ate outside for dinner and the ambiance was lovely. The apple streusel for dessert was excellent.Special Features:
- We were not impressed by theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013We were not impressed by the food. I had shrimp which were tough and chewy and my friend had rib eye steak which was also chewy and not up to the usual steak standard we have come to expect in USA. Unlike other reviews we found this dining experience to be very ordinary.
- Just OKGianoFanDined on 2/1/2013We had 4 in our party and had fish and steaks. All of the food was OK. Not bad, but not memorable either. There are a number of much better restaurants in Key West.Special Features:
- Service was sometimes slowArabellasVIPDined on 1/24/2013Service was sometimes slow but the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Plenty to Choose FromfoodseekerVIPDined on 1/11/2013The menu at Martin's is quite extensive with a "German Food" influence. We weren't too hungry so we noshed from the Tapas Menu and were quite satisfied -- nothing great but nonetheless a good dining experience.Special Features:
- LOVE this place. Our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/6/2013LOVE this place. Our favorite resturant in Key West.Special Features:
- We were looking for a niceNashvegasDined on 12/31/2012We were looking for a nice romantic fine dining restaurant for our New Years Eve dinner and were fortunate enough to snag a reservation at Martin's. It did not have a lot of reviews but we decided to take a chance based on the menu. Turns out they had a planned menu that was superb! Our server was very nice and knowledgeable about their wines. Request a table on the back patio. We will go back when we return to Key West.Special Features:
- Disappointed with the foodFood4thoughtDined on 12/25/2012Disappointed with the food and service. Lobster was overcooked and the service was slow.Special Features:
- The Wienerschnitzel is theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012The Wienerschnitzel is the best we have found anywhere and worth the trip from Naples. They so need to repair the rubberized surface on the outside seating area - the large sink hole on the left side is dangerous and unexpected as the hard wood surface changes to a sponge material and then all of the sudden your in the hole and tripping.Special Features:
- I arrived a few min,earlyJsaaveVIPDined on 12/25/2012I arrived a few min,early for my reservations. Since I was alone, I was stuck with a table on an uneven surface next to propane tanks even though a good small table a few feet a way stayed empty for almost all of my meal. It took 10-15 min before my waiter was informed to see me. I felt like an after thought thru most of my dining experience. The chowder was ok; the Waldorf salad was excellent but the chocolate moose desert was not very good. I love chocolate but I left 1/2 this desert. That should tell you something. I have eaten here before with a group for brunch which was nice, but would not recommend especially if you are dining alone.
- Had a wonderful ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2012Had a wonderful Christmas dinner! Our server, Annetta, was awesome!Special Features:
- Great Thanksgiving MealMikeVDined on 11/22/2012We were in Key West for Thanksgiving and had an incredible Non-Traditional Thanksgiving Meal. Although there were several Turkey dishes availble (including Turkey Schnitzel)we opted for Stone Crab, Florida Lobster and Grouper. YUM!Special Features: