2980 King St. East
Kitchener, ON N2A 1A9Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.martinisbar.ca/
- Phone: 5198936570x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Brunch Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday/Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Jaret Flannigan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Join us for our a la carte Brunch menu in Martini's! Available Sundays from 10am to 3pm! Waffels, crepes, benedicts, Black Angus beef dip...oh my!
A word from Martini's
Martini's is your local choice for a quick and delicious lunch, after work cocktails, a casual dinner or late night dining...in an atmosphere of cosmopolitan style. Enjoy the action of the display kitchen or the flat screen TVs while partaking in a beverage list that boasts artisan cocktails, an extensive single malt scotch collection, a sommelier-selected wine list, craft draught and more.. Martinis is not all about the cocktails though, the kitchen team has prepared an inspired menu featuring an extensive selection of appetizers for sharing, burger, beef dip, noodle bar, steaks and more. Cheers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Martini's - Best Restaurants in Kitchener ›
Martini's reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (20)late-night find (18)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (13)hot spot (11)notable wine list (11)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/16/2014Very sad about our visit. We have been going tot Martini's for over 15 years. Always enjoyed it. Hadn't been in a couple of years so went for a team lunch. Servers were slow, items on the menu weren't available, food was mediocre at best. Don't think we will be back.
- 50th wedding anniversaryMushroomDined on 10/1/2014Celebrated our friends 50th wedding anniversary dinner at Martinis. The complimentary dessert was a very nice touch. Our server was very patient and friendly too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Staff were quick to greet and seething us. Each staff person asked if we had a special occasion to celebrate. Food was excellently prepared and our expectations were met. Bathrooms were stunning (loved the scope!). Normally we visit Del Dantes once a year for our anniversary but now we found another option. Thanks for the fabulous experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinerIloveserviceDined on 9/17/2014First off our waitress took way too long to come and take out drink orders. Then she took a long time getting them to us. Not sure if you were just that busy. She rarely came to look in on us as well and I had to wait again for my second drink. A lot of the time we were just sitting at the table and there was nothing coming or going. We had 9 people there and she only brought the chips once. The scallops I got were rare...and the calamari was not up to par. Salmon was good but for 28$ a salmon on a huge bed of rice is dissapointing. However the blue cheese burger was good. For the amount of money we spent I would have rather gone to milestones! Sorry if it's not what you are used to but I was expecting more. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy lunch spoteatandtalkDined on 9/10/2014This restaurant is a nice spot for a classy lunch. It is not too noisy, which I and my friends appreciate. The food is good and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- heatherbruceDined on 9/7/2014Our server was outstanding she had full knowledge of the menu very friendly she made our evening most enjoyable we will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pleasurable dining experiencekkkkDined on 9/5/2014we are middle class people who on occasion enjoy a quality meal and have come here twice in a short period of time... we enjoy the atmosphere, the intuitive pleasant service, and the delicious food! thank you for providing us with such a pleasurable experience... :) husband enjoyed the steak. I enjoyed the crab cakes and the pigtails. I had the napa salad this time and it was delicious! Portions and presentation are just right. also enjoyed wine and a pina colada which was also delicious! young man who I believe is the manager is unpretentious polite fun sincere and we appreciated his approach towards us to ensure we were pleased with our choices (I cannot have MSG and he was very accommodating and pleasant in checking on this)Special Features:
- ChowWithNewtonDined on 8/31/2014Our evening got off to a very slow start. Once we were seated, we did not see a server for at least 10 minutes. We were given the dinner menu but not the wine or cocktail lists. However, when our waitress arrived and the drinks were sorted out, our evening improved. We ordered the prime rib (which was done exactly the way we like it) and they graciously substituted appetizers to accommodate food sensitivities. And because it was my husband's birthday, our server brought two incredible fudgy chocolate truffles for us to enjoy along with our strawberry sorbet dessert. That was a lovely touch. Martini's menu is very good, including many choices for vegetarians and people with food sensitivities. Great ambiance for a fun night out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Visitor to region was favorably impressed. My husband and I always like our experience. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DineerYummyTwentySomethingDined on 8/3/2014I chose this restaurant for a birthday dinner for a small group, since I had heard good things, and the Charcoal Group is well known for their food. The cocktail list is impressive - thought I was disappointed that they no longer carried a green tea liquor to make a martini I was interested in trying. Hopefully that will be updated soon. Our waitress had excellent timing, and was very pleasant with us. The food was amazing, both appetizers and entrees, and the mint chocolate birthday dessert was a nice touch. Will certainly be returning to try some more cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kkkkkkkDined on 8/1/2014fantastic pigtails and sauce!.... Delicious garlic bread.... Caesar salad - too many "white stem" pieces, would have appreciated more green leaves but just right amount of dressing. Did not enjoy the sweet potatoes fries.... would suggest cut into bigger pieces. Dry, limp and rather greasy. Delicious cod cakes. Delicious crème brule!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNancyDined on 7/29/2014Two guests and I went out for dinner and it was just lovely! Service was excellent and our server was there to help us before we even asked. One guest got a Caesar salad, the other prime rib and a 'create your own' pasta for myself. All were wonderful dishes - served warm, good portions and great presentation! I would recommend this restaurant for a nice evening out, a special occasion or for a bar to go to with friends. Very impressive!Special Features:
- katmanduDined on 7/27/2014Unbelievable find. Service, food and presentation were absolutely first rate. Very reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend to anyone. A winner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Usually very pleased but this visit was not the best food wise. Food tasted salty and preheated. Dessert was good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 390 reviews are from the Martini's reviews archive.
- Great Service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2014Great dining experience. Have been there many times before and have always had great food and friendly quick service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2014Great play for lunch or dinner. Food and Service always great. One of my favorite spots to take clients to lunch. Atmosphere is comfortable but still classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Noisy RoomBarbieDined on 5/11/2014Four of us visited Martini's for dinner on Mother's Day. The food & service was great, but the noise level was so high we had to shout across the table. The acoustic tile on the ceiling has been painted, and therefore does not absorb sound. It was a busy place, but the noise factor needs to be addressed.Special Features:
- Amazing foodAnonymous24Dined on 5/10/2014Any of the charcoal restaurants have always wowed my significant other and myself. Martinis was no exception. We both had the beef and double blue steak and loved every bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always to be counted onkatmanduDined on 4/24/2014Good for casual entertaining. Food and service are always top of the mark. Parking, good location and reception staff. An excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!Food4healthDined on 4/21/2014Always great food! Great atmosphere! Always kne of my all time favourites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way to TURN IT AROUND!FoodMavenDined on 4/12/2014I grew up dining at Charcoal Steak House with my family and have spent many meals as an adult at Del Dente and Martini's. Our server Heather, was knowledgeable, friendly and prompt and already knew about my food sensitivities from the OpenTable notes. When my meal came out with an ingredient I can't eat in it and needed to send it back (yes I took I bite, eek) they not only took care of the problem swiftly, with grace and profound apologies, they took my meal off the bill! Our meals were absolutely delicious, cocktails and wines were great and service was warm and friendly. Martini's is a great choice for almost every occasion. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1/2 Century CelebrationHappyNFreeDined on 4/5/2014Planned a 50th Birthday dinner for my dearest friend and it was wonderful, food, service and the atmosphere. We all enjoyed our evening, of course it had a lot to do with the company :), but a wonderful visit for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatCarolDined on 4/3/2014We took our 18 year old grandson for his birthday. It was an enjoyable meal for all of us. Although somewhat noisy we were able to carry on a conversation without raising our voices. The food &service wasgreat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a disappointmentLwheeldoDined on 3/29/2014While the service and drinks were fantastic the food was subpar. My friend ordered the chicken supreme with garlic and mash and you could have used the potatoes as drywall paste. No matter how much butter she added the potatoes were dry dry dry. I ordered the sesame crusted tuna. The tuna was over cooked and however the flavours were there. I would recommended martinis for cocktails but don't waste your money on the food. This is the second wideman restaurant that I've been to in a month that the food has been a total disappointment.Special Features:
- Martinis and FriendsbottomsupDined on 3/28/2014My girlfriend and I choose Martini's for our monthly catchup visit. The atmosphere, service, food and martini's allow us to unwind. We like to try different martinis and we are always given suggestions and descriptions as to whether they are sweet or sour or smooth. We have discovered some new ones and look forward to the next time. The food is exceptional. We never leave hungry. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great visitLarrypDined on 3/14/2014My wife, daughter and I went here on Friday evening for dinner. Our server Stella was outstanding as usual. No problem substituting pasta for my daughters kid's meal. Our meals were delightful. My wife' s salmon was cooked to perfection. My tuna was excellent as was the asian inspired sides. Desert and special coffees rounded out this pleasurable evening. Thanks Martini's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placefrequentdinerVIPDined on 3/4/2014Nice place to go relax and have a drink and food and hang out. Always been a nice atmosphere there. Had another civilized evening there. Kudos to the wait staff and manager Dave. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lil DisappointedOvechkin8Dined on 2/28/2014We were all disappointed in the menu. We havent been to Martini's since November but I do recall the menu having so many lovely dinners to choose from. I had a hard time deciding which dinner to choose as the menu had so many wonderful choices. This time I had a hard time finding anything that made me want to order it. Our server was fabulous.......but all 4 of were disappointed and wont be back unless they change the menu again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top SpotniteoutDined on 2/22/2014creatively prepared, great tasting meal. service excellence!Special Features:
- Always OutstandingLuleeVIPDined on 2/15/2014Everyone always talks about the "food" experience, but I believe what continues to bring us back week after week, is not ONLY the food but definately the service! The waitresses in Martini's are what MAKE the dining experience at Martini's. Charcoal Group does an amazing job of finding ..... and keeping extremely friendly and efficient staff. Each week we return, we are greeted by many of the servers who remember us and always seem to find time to stop by the table and check on us. Keep it up .....great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty foodeatingoutDined on 2/15/2014Always love coming here, however this time was far too loud. We came with friends that live in Kitchener and I am from here also but moved away. We came here to enjoy the food and ambience but found it far too noisy. We were not able to talk much without yelling at one another it was so loud. Perhaps turning up the music after 10pm for more of the bar scene would be okay. Earlier while people are trying to eat and have a nice conversation with family and friends is a bit much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening outjimboDined on 2/14/2014The food was beyond expectations. The mood was refreshing and relaxing. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DinnerJohnnSandiDined on 2/14/2014Everything was excellent, from the food to the servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experienceNierlyretyredDined on 2/1/2014Our recent visit on a stormy Saturday night didn't warm us up much. We weren't celebrating the everyday events like birthdays and anniversaries we were celebrating grand parenthood. We were asked if it was a special occasion but when we replied yes it wasn't acknowledged at all. I ordered the beef tip poutine. It was the most unappealing dish to be placed in front of someone. The normal gravy that normally smothers poutine was an au juis that made the whole dish a sloppy mess with extremely soggy fries. The waitress. Never asked why I didn't enjoy or eat my dinner she just took it away after cleaning up the au juis that she had spilled on the floor. Not the top notch food or service we had come to really enjoy from the charcoal groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group of ladies have aissyDined on 1/31/2014Our group of ladies have a wonderful lunch, the only complaint that I heard was the service was a little slow, it didn't bother me as I was enjoying the company that was there. These ladies go out to lunch once a month, we try to do different restaurants each month, so far we have done quite a few all have been good. Thanks for having us and I really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere, because I will be back. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Feast...DeeDeeDined on 1/25/2014Once again the experience at Martinis was fantastic. This is the 4th time I have gone to Martinis, Our waitress Mary was superb she was attentive but not overbearing. we always had fresh drinks and water, she accommodated each request and made the evening special. For those of you who have allergies to food any Charcoal Group restaurant is a good choice. The chef changed the burger I ordered to suite my Dairy Free requirement. This was a real treat because I rarely eat burgers and this one was delicious. I would like to add that I have been to Del Dante's, Beer Town and the Charcoal Steakhouse and have yet to have a bad experience. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencefinelydinedDined on 1/25/2014It was a beautiful restaurant with an amazing staff. Everyone enjoyed their meals and left feeling completely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scallopsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2014Although the menu was changed, we were able to request the scallops from the old menu which were absolutely delish!! Thanks for accommodating our request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently a classy environment.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/13/2014Consistently a classy environment. A step up from the restSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Starting to slipfrequentdinerVIPDined on 1/7/2014This is a really great place. But in the last few months there seem to be changes, not very tangible, but if you know the place, it's clear that they are starting to slip. I hope they catch it soon. The drinks are usually good, but food is getting a bit tired. They are trying to be everything to everybody, and that may be the issue. This place is something that is lacking in the KW area: a great quiet spot to have a nice dinner and relax with friends. Turn off the big screen TVs, you're not a sports bar. Select your music.. are you really a hip-hop type bar as the evening wears on? No.Special Features: