5908 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70115Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.martiniquebistro.com/
- Phone: 5048918495x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wedmesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Creole
- Executive Chef: Eric Labouchere
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Abe D'Aquin or David Wingard 5048918495x
- Special Events: We look forward to booking your special events. Weddings, Receptions, Birthday Partys, Bridal Showers, and any other type of gathering.
A word from Martinique Bistro
We are located in Uptown, just five blocks from Audubon Park. Our menu is comprised of classic French Bistro fare made with seasonal, local ingredients. The wine list highlights France and the United States, with many wine regions represented. You can choose to dine in our enchanting courtyard or in our charming dining room. We have been voted best courtyard dining, as well as one of the most romantic restaurants in New Orleans.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Martinique Bistro - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Martinique Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (29)neighborhood gem (26)romantic (23)special occasion (22)fit for foodies (19)great for brunch (8)good for groups (7)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Food did not blow me awayAmritaDined on 10/26/2014We got the Chicken and waffles, wherein the breading was slightly over salted. And we also got the pork loin with goat cheese grits, which was not so memorable. The pork was cooked perfectly but the dish was overall nothing spectacular. I think Martinique Bistro is beautiful, with excellent service and great ambiance and as far as brunch is concerned, it was was definitely value for money. But the food did not blow me away. P.S. The drinks were top notch, among the best cocktails in the city.Special Features:
- BestCalWVIPDined on 10/25/2014Best experience at this often-frequented neighborhood gem. The staff is always friendly and knowledgeable. Beet salad was well done and the flounder with snap peas was one of the most delicious in all the years I've patronized this restaurant. Two thumbs up.Special Features:
- First time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014I have been wanting to try Martinique and sit on their gorgeous patio for 10 years, no joke. I finally did and it did not disappoint. The service was very nice, the food we ordered was delicious, especially the dessert, chocolate rye cake. So creative. It was overall very, very good. In my mind I was expecting someplace a bit more occasion-y, but it seemed more like a Friday night spot for the well-heeled. Nothing wrong with that at all, just my impression. We really did enjoy and we would go back.Special Features:
- DisappointingTinastableDined on 10/16/2014Table of 8, not a single entree that was better than "meh". Chocolate cake tasted like a dry sponge. Could have made better dessert in an easy bake oven.Special Features:
- Three VisitsCalWVIPDined on 10/1/2014This review covers 3 visits to this neighborhood gem. I've been impressed lately with earnest attempts at vegetarian dishes-- this is a must for all restaurants. The service here is always outstanding and friendly. They've tried a couple of menu changes lately, trying to find their niche. I find this admirable in a restaurant. It's a go to place for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long A FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I lived in NOLA when Martinique opened. It quickly became our favorite neighborhood restaurant. Sadly, I had to move away, but when I get "home" I love to visit. I just brought one of my Chicago friends for her birthday. Thanks Martinique for staying true!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/28/2014We had a lovely dinner here out on the patio. It was pleasant even though it was pouring outside. First and second courses well-prepared and delicious. Very comfortable atmosphere and an interesting wine list with some items that were a bit older and nicely priced.Special Features:
- One of the best!lfood2Dined on 9/24/2014We've been going to this restaurant for a long time and have never had a bad meal. Also the staff is very friendly.Special Features:
- Great outdoor ambiance. Food good.gailbyDined on 9/20/2014Love the ambiance and very good service. Some of the food was delicious and nice presentation. Some of the dishes were not too exciting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable dinnerSabrinaDined on 9/14/2014We sat in the enclosed outdoor garden room. I thought the lighting was romantic and the service was friendly and knowledgeable. I enjoyed everything we ordered. The vegetarian special was elaborate and exciting as well as the red fish which was the catch of the day. Truly delicious and perfectly prepared. I had a delicious red wine by the glass. It was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Step in the Right DirectionCalWVIPDined on 9/14/2014First of all, they always have a vegetarian special now ; you don't have to beg for it like you did in the past (hopefully, I had influence in this direction). Secondly, the most recent vegetarian dish I had was Indian inspired and quite good. It could have been a little spicier and the portion could have been larger-- or the price less (it was $22). They told me they're getting more requests for vegetarian--- whether people are converting or doing it once a week doesn't matter it's definitely a big plus in my book.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationSpecialDined on 9/6/2014This was a special occasion and the food, service, and atmosphere were well suited to our desires.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotJamieDined on 9/6/2014We love this neighborhood spot. Great food, great service, great courtyard. Don't miss the Bloody Mary's and Mimosas for brunch. On the food side, for brunch, the grillades and grits are especially yummy. And the lobster "roll" was spectacular.Special Features:
- Just keeps getting betterDZLdogVIPDined on 8/30/2014We've been eating at Martinique for years and have always enjoyed it. Somehow, it keeps getting better each time we go.Special Features:
- Martinique Bistro ReviewTutoDined on 8/23/2014This was our second visit to Martinique and it was very good. Food was great, the service was really outstanding, and the noise was quiet, although the restaurant was probably 75% full. A nice place.Special Features:
- TutoDined on 8/15/2014Food was excellent. probably the best French Onion Soup in the City. The service was great. The folks really go out of their way to please. Siting can be in or outside.Special Features:
- New SpecialsCalWVIPDined on 8/9/2014Marinated Shrimp- great Pompano- good Pea purée - didn't work for meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We had a lovely meal at this restaurant on our final night in New Orleans. The setting in the outdoor courtyard was lovely and the food was delicious.The only thing that let this restaurant down was our server. They offer a set (fixed) 3 course option on the menu and the entrée of pork roti appealed to our son although he did not want the starter and dessert. We asked if he could have the pork as his entrée but had an immediate dismissal. No matter, we ordered something else. However, when it came to dessert we asked for vanilla ice cream, and again that notion was immediately dismissed despite the fact that other dessert options had vanilla ice as an accompaniment. The server made no attempt to accommodate us. It did take the shine off.Special Features:
- First time not the lasttrynewfoodDined on 8/1/2014This was out first time time to Martinique Bistro, the food and service were excellent. We also learned they have a themed menu every Wednesday night. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MissieDined on 7/12/2014A group of 6 ate dinner on a Saturday night. Setting is beautiful and the wait staff friendly and knowledgeable. Our waitress, Sarah, recommended the duck which was fantastic. Two of us ordered a shrimp dish that was delicious but a little on the small side (4 shrimp on an entree.) The chilled corn and crab bisque was very good. The "outside" bathroom is a little quirkySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 414 reviews are from the Martinique Bistro reviews archive.
- Small changes--big differenceDougDined on 6/26/2014Several things made an impression. The bread was delicious, as was the soft shell crab special. However, we shared a salad and were told there would be an "up charge" because the chef cared a great deal about presentation. What?! We have never encountered that policy in any New Orleans restaurant. So, we paid $17 for a salad. Also, staff congregated around the bar area. Kind of unprofessional and distracting. Will think twice before returning. There is a lot of potential, but more thought should be given to pleasing the diners.Special Features:
- wonderful experiencefoodsterDined on 6/15/2014I recently went to Martinique Bistro for a Sunday evening meal. The service was very good, and made us feel at home. We sat in the courtyard area where it was a little warm so the roof was opened up, and everything cooled down nicely. My date had an off the menu special while I had the gulf fish courtboullion, which was excellent. I look forward to return visit and trying other menu items.Special Features:
- foodiefamfoodiefamDined on 6/15/2014We went to brunch here for Father's Day, and all of us left feeling we had made the perfect choice. We sat indoors, but the outside seating area was lovely. The food was delicious... There were six of us, and every salad, soup and entree we chose were perfect! We can't wait to try the dinner here. I would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchYummyDined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed everything we had. The gumbo was out of this world, thick and so flavorful. The duck boudain was incredible, my 5 yr old barely left a bite for me! Our entrees were superb, the hanger steak and my grits & grillades were spectacular. The desserts were excellent as well, the orange/thyme sorbet was a bigger hit for the guys than the chocolate portofillo - which I was able to enjoy on my own. We had a great bottle of Spatalese as well. A wonderful surprise and a great meal at our first visit to Martinique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the foodModernistaDined on 6/13/2014Great service and pleasant environment, but the key here is the fantastic food. Everything is delicious, fresh, perfectly seasoned, and so nicely presented. And its' all so unpretentious. Fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Southern hospitality.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014Both the server & maître d (owner?) were as kind and attentive as could be. They personalized our experience and added a few special touches (champagne!) to honor our recent engagement. Excellent food & an excellent establishment.Special Features:
- CPAplus2Dined on 5/24/2014We found the dishes creative, well-presented and well-prepared. We look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Hidden gemLocalVailDined on 5/20/2014I last ate here years ago, and it was great then. Since I've moved away, there are so many restaurants to visit each trip. I am so glad my husband suggested Martinique. The waiter was very helpful in our selections. They were able to accommodate food allergies with ease. Three of us had seafood and one had steak. All were delicious. The gumbo was excellent as a starter.Special Features:
- SkydvDrDined on 5/18/2014Very nice dining experience. Only negative was table location, in corner with little view of restaurant. Did not feel a part of the crowd so no feel for ambiance or vibrancy, perfect for a romantic couple but we were party of four. Crawfish bisque and bread pudding some of the best I have tasted. Bread excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceVocalPelicanDined on 5/18/2014This was our first visit to Martinique, and it was for a Sunday afternoon brunch. The food was good, the service was attentive, and the patio was pleasant. They have an automatic cover -- like Dallas' football stadium -- that they use when it gets too hot or rains. Ingenious! My only disappointment was the music. Instead of having a light jazz instrumental wafting quietly in the background adding to the ambiance of the restaurant, they had authentic New Orleans jazz -- with vocals -- playing just loud enough to irritate you -- I hate competing with the music. We'll go back to try an evening there, though -- I hear it's very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueReviewDined on 5/18/2014Food was fantastic, Blackened Gold was my favorite. Our first visit - won't be our last!Special Features:
- Great outdoor dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/16/2014The food was great and you couldn't beat the weather.Special Features:
- Marlyville0eatsDined on 5/11/2014Martinique Bistro lives up to its New Orleans magazine 2011 Under the Radar award. It is housed in intimate, uptown location with a covered outdoor patio and, with its refined ambiance and reasonable cost, was a great spot for a Mother's Day brunch. The food is very good and the chef cleverly presents takes on traditional dishes. For example, his blue crab cake special was a tasty riff on eggs benediction in which the muffin became the crab cake. Likewise for pig in a hole in which donut shaped cornbread with an egg in the middle topped with bacon and syrup drizzle was his version of eggs and bacon with cornbread. The bonding and escargot appetizers were delectable, and the filet special topped with blue cheese outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/2/2014Our fond memories of Martinique did not repeat on this visit. Service was poor, food was luke warm, wine was not chilled and we won't be back any time soon.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/2/2014Didn't think this place could get any better but it has. The remodeled courtyard area was gorgeous. The food, service, and everything else were absolutely amazing. One of the best dinning experiences we had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu Change in JuneCalWVIPDined on 5/2/2014I look forward to the new summer menu debuting in June. Hopefully it'll contain a light, fresh pasta dish and local (Gulf of Mexico) fish.
- Menu changesfoodgurouxVIPDined on 4/30/2014Sure, resturants change menus from time to time. But, at least keep the old favorites. The recent Seafood "Cassoulet sounded interesting, but was not that good. Scallops were ok, mussells were tasteless, and the beans and "other STUFF' were very dry, as if they added bread 'stuffing' to the dish. Definitely should remove this dish....and bring back the old favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What HappenedusedtofrequentDined on 4/30/2014It has been several months since we last visited. The new retractable roof is a great idea. The changed menu is not. The dishes lacked seasoning and Gordon Ramesey would have kicked the person who prepared the scallops out of the kitchen! Sorry, it will be a long time till we try you again.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2014Service was horrible. After we sat for 15 minutes I finally got up to find a server to take our drink order. The food was very good but he never came back to check if our meals were good or offer more wine. After he brought the bill we had to find him again to take the credit card for payment. We are local and are used to better service.
- PathdocDined on 4/23/2014Romantic, outdoor patio seating. Food was excellent though no cocktail menu but a good wine list though a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.