416 Sycamore Valley Rd W
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://martinisky.com/
- Phone: 9258387611x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thurs - Saturday from 11:30am
Dinner: Mon - Thur 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Dinner: Fri - Sat 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Sun- closed
Happy Hour Mon - Thurs 4:00pm - 6:30pm
Happy Hour Friday 4:00pm- 6:00pm
Happy Hour Saturday - 3:00pm-6:00 pm
Bar is open until 10:00 pm Monday-Thursday and 11:00 pm on Friday & Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Ethiopian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Arnold Pulido
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Watch for our Chef's Tasting Events!
A word from Martini Sky
Tucked away in the lovely tree lined Danville Livery, Martini Sky is a small plate’s style restaurant and cocktail lounge where you can come to simply enjoy great food, great wine, fun drinks and good company. It is our take on tapas-style dinning, offering small plates meant to be shared amongst friends to create a social dining experience. We are focused on taking traditional flavors and cooking styles, bringing them to life with creative combinations and bold presentations. The menus at Martini Sky are strikingly adventurous with amazing twists on American favorites, some with an Asian flare, that are designed so guests can order large or small portions without "over ordering" or breaking the bank. With no less than 20 choices on the menu at all times, our kitchen will cultivate dishes that explode with bold flavors and are designed to please even the most discerning palates.Continued
2013/2014 OpenTable Dinner's Choice Award Winner
We hope you join us soon!
2013/2014 OpenTable Dinner's Choice Award Winner
We hope you join us soon!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Martini Sky - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Martini Sky reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (19)neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (10)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)romantic (3)good for groups (3)notable wine list (3)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good experience and outdoor patio!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2014We sat in the outdoor patio on Sat. night and had a lovely time. All the plates were shared and we enjoyed just about everything, esp. the ribs, lobster spring rolls and sliders. While the food may not be on par with similar places in SF or Oak, for Danville it certainly holds its own and we all agreed that we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is hit and missFootLooseVIPDined on 10/18/2014Lobster rolls were good; chef had no beets cooked for the beet salad; veg. tempura was greasy; ribs on sm. plate were great.Special Features:
- DissappointeddinewaytoooftenVIPDined on 10/15/2014We were so excite to try this restaurant. It was a Wednesday night and the server, Dori was clearly not interested in the success of our evening. The restaurant was not crowded but the bar was full with a loud cocktail crowd. The Hostess Kay Cee came by and tried to facilitate and was very attentive. Dori could have cared less and it showed. I don't think it had anything to do with us but it made us wonder why would we come back. The ribs were great. The calamari was very good. The chef is trying but the service needs a lot of help.
- Delicious Small Plates!!ChristyVIPDined on 10/14/2014Martini Sky has a great Happy Hour, reduced prices on their cocktails and dinners...We shared several small plates: tempura, wontons, bbq ribs and meatballs. The food was outstanding, even their "flourless cake" dessert!Special Features:
- Pleasant DiningmadabouttownVIPDined on 10/8/2014We sat on the patio , the weather was perfect and it was very enjoyable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The beet salad was great and the meatballs were very tasty. Everyone was happy with their food and we would definitely return!Special Features:
- Good First ImpressionEatOutWayneVIPDined on 9/26/2014First time was great....look forward to returning to try more of the menuSpecial Features:
- small platesdonjose14Dined on 9/13/2014not really a dinner place so much as a good bar with small plate bar food. Ahi poke excellent, fish tacos great and salmon sliders very good. Bar service a bit slow but food service prompt. patio ambiance needs some work with new tables and chairs and better and softer lightingSpecial Features:
- Shouldn't Miss Happy HourkpmeemersVIPDined on 9/9/2014Great selection of cocktails and small plates at very affordable prices. The mussels and dipping broth are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Danville BrunchkpmeemersVIPDined on 8/24/2014Although we have been to Martini Sky many times, never for brunch. We sat outside and actually were the only ones there at our 12:30 rez time. I has the eggs benedict du jour which included slider sized beef patties. My brunch included a fresh salad and smashed baked potatoes. I ate it all. Others in our group enjoyed the loco moco and fish tacos. Ample portions. Everything was a hit. Our server told us they have only been open for brunch for 2-3 so I think it's still a secret. Anxious to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks and food!RogMartDined on 8/23/2014Love their cocktails and their small plates, which is great for sharing. The food does not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!AllAboutDessertsVIPDined on 8/21/2014We are always surprised that the restaurant was not crowded at lunch because the food was very good and the bread pudding was to die for!! Perhaps dinner will be more busy! Hope they will stay in business for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Martini SkywineanddineVIPDined on 8/9/2014Decided to try this restaurant based on the positive reviews. We tried several of the tapas and were happy with the results. Service was very good and the staff was very friendly. Would definitely go back to try more of the food and of course, the cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable value for tastiness.kpmeemersVIPDined on 8/8/2014As a group of 4, we ordered cocktails, a bottle of wine, 8 small plates and 2 desserts. Total cost = $55/couple. Great value. Food and service was excellent. We enjoyed the patio dining which is more quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConnoisseurVIPDined on 7/15/2014Best place for small plates, cocktails and great wine selection. Service is excellent, and you can expect the Manager on duty help the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 65 reviews are from the Martini Sky reviews archive.
- Overlooked GemsmithoutVIPDined on 7/11/2014I recently discovered this place after living in the San Ramon/Danville area for two years. Its located at the Livery in Danville, and easy to miss. I joined a friend of mine for lunch there and, although she has lived in Danville for 20 years, she had not heard of this place (maybe better marketing is in order). I ordered the buratta salad and she order the salmon sliders with garlic fries. We were both very pleased with the meals. I returned with my husband and daughter on a weekend and enjoyed the Ahi poke, lobster rolls, artisanal cheese plate, beet salad and salmon louie. The outside dining is private, but I think it could use a little more ambiance. Staff was pleasant/responsive. I would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Local Restaurantgo2mustDined on 7/3/2014We've been to Martini Sky twice now and we have enjoyed it each time. The Happy Hours are great, nice selection of small and large plates. Wine list is nice and not over the top prices. Both times we have sat outside and found it to be quiet. One gets plenty to eat even with the small plates portions. One of the best things about Martini Sky is how relaxed it is. Great place to meet for casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningjmcritiqueDined on 6/19/2014Met with 9 folks for dinner outside on the patio at MS, it was very nice evening of dining, food was very good and drinks! it was leisurely and accommodated out group very well, would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!DerekGDined on 6/7/2014After a long week of work, this was the perfect spot to come and just unwind at one of their cute outdoor tables and enjoy the night! The food portions are on the lighter side which is great if all you are looking for is to have a wonderful drink (try the Carpe Diem!) with some tasty food on the side. Service was fantastic as they were always checking on everyone to see how we were doing. Definitely a RECOMMEND!Special Features:
- I love this placeladiesweekendVIPDined on 6/5/2014The food is good and their patio is so lovely. I hope they don't close cause there weren't very many patrons. They have good food and it is a nice place close to homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day Dinner!foodieDined on 5/11/2014Great meal with interesting combinations of foods. Good for small plates to share. The drinks were creative and delicious. Dining outdoors was beautiful and the services was very good. My mom really enjoyed the experience and plans to return.Special Features:
- Skip This One!RilandsVIPDined on 5/11/2014When we arrived the hostess wanted to sit us at a middle table and I asked if she could put us on a side window table. There was only one table being used in the whole restaurant. She said she'd see if any more tables were available? We did get another table. When we left an hour later only three tables were being used. We selected this restaurant for Mother's Day because of the "Special Mother's Day Menu." We had not tried it since the name/ownership change. The "Special Mother's Day Menu" that was posted a week prior had some drastic changes to it the night prior to Mother's Day. They removed Eggs Benedict which my wife was exciting about having. The restaurant did apologize but that didn't help the special occasion much.
- Never DissapointedTootsVIPDined on 5/10/2014We had another great experience here. We took our friends and they are ready to go back again. You can't beat there small plates. The lobster spring roll was amazing and their ribs fell off the bone. Their tacos are good but a little messy. They have such an interesting martini menu. My husband and I will keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingrissahVIPDined on 5/2/2014This was my first time and I will go again very soon. Food was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish tacos skimpyFootLooseVIPDined on 4/26/2014Appetizers were great; however, the portion of fish in the diminutive fish tacos was inadequate. Two small tacos and a very meger portion of fish. It was cooked to perfection. Just wanted more for the money. Service was friendly but slow. Had to get up and find the waitress to remind her to take our credit cards. We cerainly weren't rushed. My friend had the salmon salad and the salmon was also cooked to perfection. Her portion of salmon was larger than the halibut put on the fish tacos. Missed items on the old menu when the restaurant was Patrick David's.Special Features:
- You had me at 24oz. Prohibition aleWestOaklandTechyFoodieDined on 4/12/2014I was surprised to enjoy this place so much in what I thought of as a culinarily sterile corner of Danville. Arriving off hours at around 3pm, I was happy to find abundant, attentive and friendly staff. My date and I sat outside, and while the trees shed on us a bit, it was quite pleasant. My only complaint is that our flatbread came out after we had finished the rest of our meal. Still, it and the rest of our order was delicious, and I would gladly return. And did I mention they have some pretty good beer on the menu?Special Features:
- Special occasion wine dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/25/2014We attended the Rombauer Wine Dinner for our anniversary and friends birthday. The 5 course dinner was spectacular as was the wine. It was well worth the money we spent to have a 5 star dinner and exceptional wine. Service was excellent and just a great evening overall!Special Features:
- Always terrific!CookeVIPDined on 3/15/2014We made a last minute reservation and had a great table in the bar by the window. The bar tender was terrific, friendly, attentive, and super fast servicing us. The food was tasty, we had the ribs, tacos, fries, potatoes, and sliders in appetizer sizes and it was more than enough to fill us up. Mixed up the drinks with a Red Hot and the bar tender recommended one that had fresh blackberry puree and a champagne float that was awesome.Special Features:
- DisappointedReneeMVIPDined on 2/25/2014We took a girlfriend for her birthday and noted it was on the reservation. Had drinks and apps at the bar which were good, but the food for dinner was fair and the service not good at all. Waiter was maybe new because he didn't know the menu and didn't come back for long stretches. Took 15 min just to get the bill. We were disappointed overall.
- Very good salad! I had theJenraDined on 2/21/2014Very good salad! I had the beef ribs with the mashed polenta. It was DIVINE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines day overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The Valentines promo was over priced for a small app, small dinner, and small desert for $60 each. If the portions were going to be tapas size then do should the price. Disappointed.Special Features:
- ValentineLindaDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's pre-fix menu was not worth $120. per person. The prime rib cut was very small and just okay.Special Features:
- Busy Valentine's DayF1fanVIPDined on 2/14/2014Seated quickly, very tightly, but with the high noise level, private conversing was fine. The 3-course prix-fixe menu was good and the food very tasty. The only problem was both prime rib servings were 1/4" thick and only one came with the horseradish sour cream. Following the main dish, it was 45 minutes to get coffee and dessert, surprising in how busy they were that we thought they would want the table, but understandable for the same reason. As noted above, the food was still very good and worth repeating. We will go again on a not so busy night, but expect quicker service and would likely not accept the portion size as provided this time. That being the case would likely be 4 if not 5 stars.Special Features:
- Disappointed AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Since changing from Patrick & David's, the experience has degraded significantly. It has changed from a warm and inviting neighborhood gem to a trendy want a be. The food has been consistently poor, especially most recently on Valentine's Day where it was horrible. How do you screw-up prime rib & apple crisp? The ahi tuna poke was a gelantis-mess. The noise level has increased 100x -where you can't hear the person across from you. The kitchen in the middle, has cooks screaming & waitresses bellowing back. In trying to be trendy, they've turned this place into a diner. The service is excellent and the cocktails are outstanding.We'll continue to go there for drinks and hope someday they get it together on the restaurant front.Special Features:
- PotentialLovelyDined on 2/8/2014The ambience was great and so was the service. However, seeing your cooks eating in the kitchen, licking their fingers and touching the garnish for the fries is not a good scene and unhealthy. Would not go again.
- Great experienceBtroncalDined on 1/25/2014Celebrated my husband's bday with 4 other friends. The serving sizes were just right. Food was delicious! Everyone enjoyed what they ordered: ahi tuna, bacon-wrapped filet mignon, hanger steak, pulled pork tacos, flatbread, garlic fries, lobster pot stickers. Cocktail drinks were very good! Great place to have a casual, fun time. All of us will definitely be back. Will make it or regular spot. The outside patio dining looks nice so will make use of it during warmer days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisesa11Dined on 1/18/2014food was great and so was the service,great chef,however for some reason the noise level kinda makes you want to leave as soon as you are done eatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteCoryVIPDined on 1/4/2014Love this place. The food is amazing and the staff is great. Very friendly atmosphere and the Chef isn't scared to try different things. My husband and I love it. Our new favorite place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NoisyjaybeeDined on 1/3/2014We made reservations for 6:15 on a Friday night and the place was already packed by then. It was so noisy my husband and I had to shout to carry on a conversation. Our table was between the bar and the open kitchen area so we got some of the smoke from the kitchen. Food was OK, but not the hype that I was expecting since everybody seems to rave about this place.
- menu changesa11Dined on 12/29/2013just a foot note the menu on sundays is not the same as the rest of the week,food is still good but the selection is much smaller They never used to be open on sundaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with girlfriendssharonDined on 12/27/2013Some items were very tasty (ahi poke, hanger steak and lamb chops), other not so good (lobster potstickers and lettuce wraps). BUT the small plates concept turns out to be expensive ($300 inc. wine for 4) and not worth the money in my book. We left not quite satisfied.