416 Sycamore Valley Rd W
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://martinisky.com/
- Phone: 9258387611x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thurs & Friday from 11:30am
Dinner: Mon - Thur 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Dinner: Fri - Sat 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Sun- closed
Happy Hour Mon - Thurs 4:00pm - 6:30pm
Happy Hour Friday 4:00pm- 6:00pm
Weekend Brunch: Saturday & Sunday from 10:30 - 3:00
Bar is open until 10:00 pm Monday-Thursday and Midnight on Saturday & Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Ethiopian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Arnold Pulido
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Watch for our Chef's Tasting Events!
A word from Martini Sky
Tucked away in the lovely tree lined Danville Livery, Martini Sky is a small plate’s style restaurant and cocktail lounge where you can come to simply enjoy great food, great wine, fun drinks and good company. It is our take on tapas-style dinning, offering small plates meant to be shared amongst friends to create a social dining experience. We are focused on taking traditional flavors and cooking styles, bringing them to life with creative combinations and bold presentations. The menus at Martini Sky are strikingly adventurous with amazing twists on American favorites, some with an Asian flare, that are designed so guests can order large or small portions without "over ordering" or breaking the bank. With no less than 20 choices on the menu at all times, our kitchen will cultivate dishes that explode with bold flavors and are designed to please even the most discerning palates.Continued
2013/2014 OpenTable Dinner's Choice Award Winner
We hope you join us soon!
2013/2014 OpenTable Dinner's Choice Award Winner
We hope you join us soon!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Martini Sky - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Martini Sky reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (9)good for groups (7)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Danville BrunchkpmeemersDined on 8/24/2014Although we have been to Martini Sky many times, never for brunch. We sat outside and actually were the only ones there at our 12:30 rez time. I has the eggs benedict du jour which included slider sized beef patties. My brunch included a fresh salad and smashed baked potatoes. I ate it all. Others in our group enjoyed the loco moco and fish tacos. Ample portions. Everything was a hit. Our server told us they have only been open for brunch for 2-3 so I think it's still a secret. Anxious to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks and food!RogMartDined on 8/23/2014Love their cocktails and their small plates, which is great for sharing. The food does not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!AllAboutDessertsVIPDined on 8/21/2014We are always surprised that the restaurant was not crowded at lunch because the food was very good and the bread pudding was to die for!! Perhaps dinner will be more busy! Hope they will stay in business for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Martini SkywineanddineVIPDined on 8/9/2014Decided to try this restaurant based on the positive reviews. We tried several of the tapas and were happy with the results. Service was very good and the staff was very friendly. Would definitely go back to try more of the food and of course, the cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable value for tastiness.kpmeemersDined on 8/8/2014As a group of 4, we ordered cocktails, a bottle of wine, 8 small plates and 2 desserts. Total cost = $55/couple. Great value. Food and service was excellent. We enjoyed the patio dining which is more quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConnoisseurVIPDined on 7/15/2014Best place for small plates, cocktails and great wine selection. Service is excellent, and you can expect the Manager on duty help the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overlooked GemsmithoutVIPDined on 7/11/2014I recently discovered this place after living in the San Ramon/Danville area for two years. Its located at the Livery in Danville, and easy to miss. I joined a friend of mine for lunch there and, although she has lived in Danville for 20 years, she had not heard of this place (maybe better marketing is in order). I ordered the buratta salad and she order the salmon sliders with garlic fries. We were both very pleased with the meals. I returned with my husband and daughter on a weekend and enjoyed the Ahi poke, lobster rolls, artisanal cheese plate, beet salad and salmon louie. The outside dining is private, but I think it could use a little more ambiance. Staff was pleasant/responsive. I would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Local Restaurantgo2mustDined on 7/3/2014We've been to Martini Sky twice now and we have enjoyed it each time. The Happy Hours are great, nice selection of small and large plates. Wine list is nice and not over the top prices. Both times we have sat outside and found it to be quiet. One gets plenty to eat even with the small plates portions. One of the best things about Martini Sky is how relaxed it is. Great place to meet for casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningjmcritiqueDined on 6/19/2014Met with 9 folks for dinner outside on the patio at MS, it was very nice evening of dining, food was very good and drinks! it was leisurely and accommodated out group very well, would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!DerekGDined on 6/7/2014After a long week of work, this was the perfect spot to come and just unwind at one of their cute outdoor tables and enjoy the night! The food portions are on the lighter side which is great if all you are looking for is to have a wonderful drink (try the Carpe Diem!) with some tasty food on the side. Service was fantastic as they were always checking on everyone to see how we were doing. Definitely a RECOMMEND!Special Features:
- I love this placeladiesweekendVIPDined on 6/5/2014The food is good and their patio is so lovely. I hope they don't close cause there weren't very many patrons. They have good food and it is a nice place close to homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day Dinner!foodieDined on 5/11/2014Great meal with interesting combinations of foods. Good for small plates to share. The drinks were creative and delicious. Dining outdoors was beautiful and the services was very good. My mom really enjoyed the experience and plans to return.Special Features:
- Skip This One!RilandsVIPDined on 5/11/2014When we arrived the hostess wanted to sit us at a middle table and I asked if she could put us on a side window table. There was only one table being used in the whole restaurant. She said she'd see if any more tables were available? We did get another table. When we left an hour later only three tables were being used. We selected this restaurant for Mother's Day because of the "Special Mother's Day Menu." We had not tried it since the name/ownership change. The "Special Mother's Day Menu" that was posted a week prior had some drastic changes to it the night prior to Mother's Day. They removed Eggs Benedict which my wife was exciting about having. The restaurant did apologize but that didn't help the special occasion much.
- Never DissapointedTootsVIPDined on 5/10/2014We had another great experience here. We took our friends and they are ready to go back again. You can't beat there small plates. The lobster spring roll was amazing and their ribs fell off the bone. Their tacos are good but a little messy. They have such an interesting martini menu. My husband and I will keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingrissahDined on 5/2/2014This was my first time and I will go again very soon. Food was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 56 reviews are from the Martini Sky reviews archive.
- Fish tacos skimpyFootLooseVIPDined on 4/26/2014Appetizers were great; however, the portion of fish in the diminutive fish tacos was inadequate. Two small tacos and a very meger portion of fish. It was cooked to perfection. Just wanted more for the money. Service was friendly but slow. Had to get up and find the waitress to remind her to take our credit cards. We cerainly weren't rushed. My friend had the salmon salad and the salmon was also cooked to perfection. Her portion of salmon was larger than the halibut put on the fish tacos. Missed items on the old menu when the restaurant was Patrick David's.Special Features:
- You had me at 24oz. Prohibition aleWestOaklandTechyFoodieDined on 4/12/2014I was surprised to enjoy this place so much in what I thought of as a culinarily sterile corner of Danville. Arriving off hours at around 3pm, I was happy to find abundant, attentive and friendly staff. My date and I sat outside, and while the trees shed on us a bit, it was quite pleasant. My only complaint is that our flatbread came out after we had finished the rest of our meal. Still, it and the rest of our order was delicious, and I would gladly return. And did I mention they have some pretty good beer on the menu?Special Features:
- Special occasion wine dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/25/2014We attended the Rombauer Wine Dinner for our anniversary and friends birthday. The 5 course dinner was spectacular as was the wine. It was well worth the money we spent to have a 5 star dinner and exceptional wine. Service was excellent and just a great evening overall!Special Features:
- Always terrific!CookeVIPDined on 3/15/2014We made a last minute reservation and had a great table in the bar by the window. The bar tender was terrific, friendly, attentive, and super fast servicing us. The food was tasty, we had the ribs, tacos, fries, potatoes, and sliders in appetizer sizes and it was more than enough to fill us up. Mixed up the drinks with a Red Hot and the bar tender recommended one that had fresh blackberry puree and a champagne float that was awesome.Special Features:
- DisappointedReneeMDined on 2/25/2014We took a girlfriend for her birthday and noted it was on the reservation. Had drinks and apps at the bar which were good, but the food for dinner was fair and the service not good at all. Waiter was maybe new because he didn't know the menu and didn't come back for long stretches. Took 15 min just to get the bill. We were disappointed overall.
- Very good salad! I had theJenraDined on 2/21/2014Very good salad! I had the beef ribs with the mashed polenta. It was DIVINE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines day overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The Valentines promo was over priced for a small app, small dinner, and small desert for $60 each. If the portions were going to be tapas size then do should the price. Disappointed.Special Features:
- ValentineLindaDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's pre-fix menu was not worth $120. per person. The prime rib cut was very small and just okay.Special Features:
- Busy Valentine's DayF1fanVIPDined on 2/14/2014Seated quickly, very tightly, but with the high noise level, private conversing was fine. The 3-course prix-fixe menu was good and the food very tasty. The only problem was both prime rib servings were 1/4" thick and only one came with the horseradish sour cream. Following the main dish, it was 45 minutes to get coffee and dessert, surprising in how busy they were that we thought they would want the table, but understandable for the same reason. As noted above, the food was still very good and worth repeating. We will go again on a not so busy night, but expect quicker service and would likely not accept the portion size as provided this time. That being the case would likely be 4 if not 5 stars.Special Features:
- Disappointed AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Since changing from Patrick & David's, the experience has degraded significantly. It has changed from a warm and inviting neighborhood gem to a trendy want a be. The food has been consistently poor, especially most recently on Valentine's Day where it was horrible. How do you screw-up prime rib & apple crisp? The ahi tuna poke was a gelantis-mess. The noise level has increased 100x -where you can't hear the person across from you. The kitchen in the middle, has cooks screaming & waitresses bellowing back. In trying to be trendy, they've turned this place into a diner. The service is excellent and the cocktails are outstanding.We'll continue to go there for drinks and hope someday they get it together on the restaurant front.Special Features:
- PotentialLovelyDined on 2/8/2014The ambience was great and so was the service. However, seeing your cooks eating in the kitchen, licking their fingers and touching the garnish for the fries is not a good scene and unhealthy. Would not go again.
- Great experienceBtroncalDined on 1/25/2014Celebrated my husband's bday with 4 other friends. The serving sizes were just right. Food was delicious! Everyone enjoyed what they ordered: ahi tuna, bacon-wrapped filet mignon, hanger steak, pulled pork tacos, flatbread, garlic fries, lobster pot stickers. Cocktail drinks were very good! Great place to have a casual, fun time. All of us will definitely be back. Will make it or regular spot. The outside patio dining looks nice so will make use of it during warmer days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisesa11Dined on 1/18/2014food was great and so was the service,great chef,however for some reason the noise level kinda makes you want to leave as soon as you are done eatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteCoryDined on 1/4/2014Love this place. The food is amazing and the staff is great. Very friendly atmosphere and the Chef isn't scared to try different things. My husband and I love it. Our new favorite place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NoisyjaybeeDined on 1/3/2014We made reservations for 6:15 on a Friday night and the place was already packed by then. It was so noisy my husband and I had to shout to carry on a conversation. Our table was between the bar and the open kitchen area so we got some of the smoke from the kitchen. Food was OK, but not the hype that I was expecting since everybody seems to rave about this place.
- menu changesa11Dined on 12/29/2013just a foot note the menu on sundays is not the same as the rest of the week,food is still good but the selection is much smaller They never used to be open on sundaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with girlfriendssharonDined on 12/27/2013Some items were very tasty (ahi poke, hanger steak and lamb chops), other not so good (lobster potstickers and lettuce wraps). BUT the small plates concept turns out to be expensive ($300 inc. wine for 4) and not worth the money in my book. We left not quite satisfied.
- Super sweet beet salad!AudreyVIPDined on 12/20/2013The daily special sounded yummy - 1/2 sandwich on french roll, cup of soup and choice of salad for fries. I am not a big beef eater and was offered no substitute for the beef. I ordered the beet salad and it was covered in an extremely sweet honey dressing. Honey dressing does not have to be like that. That dish would make a good dessert!Special Features:
- It was slow this DecemberDebbieDined on 12/17/2013It was slow this December afternoon but the food is always very good and creative. I recommend it highly!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lite Bites!DrHowFunVIPDined on 11/29/2013Perfect place to drop in for drinks and sampler plates of tasty bites. It's not your big portion, I'm really hungry kind of place. It's more of let's go get a drink in a cool atmosphere and enjoy some tapas style appetizers at the same time, kind of hang out. We dropped by here after wine tasting in Livermore and then some friends came over and hung out with us. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time at Martini SkyGeorgeg634Dined on 11/23/2013Two of us ate here on a Saturday night. We were hungry but not for a big meal so this place sounded good. The multiple small plates hit the spot. Most were good to very good. Service was very good and the food arrived promptly after ordering. We would order a couple items, eat, then order our next round. Energetic and bit loud but could still converse easily. Patrons were friendly and we shared a couple items with a neighboring table. Cocktail and wine list were good. Don't expect gourmet but a nice time and good food. Fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff was attentive andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/22/2013Wait staff was attentive and the drinks were good but the food was mediocre at best. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Martini Sky was Amazing!OrtegaDined on 11/15/2013We were a party of 4 for dinner on a Friday night. From the moment we walked in, the hostess was very friendly and courteous. She was very welcoming as was our waitress. The entire staff was always making sure we were okay and if we needed anything. The food was fabulous! Chef Arnold Pulido really knows how to mix Asian and American flavors. We loved the lobster potstickers, ahi poke, and pork belly sliders. The cocktails were delicious! I had the "Oh My God" and "Grace". The rest of the party also had the house champagne, which was exquisite. All in all, our first time at Martini Sky was a positive experience. We will definitely come back to try the rest of the menu, and will let our friends and family know of this great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All was good except very loud.notahappycamperDined on 11/9/2013All was good except very loud. Hard to hear partner across table!Special Features:
- Could have been so much moreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013This is the second time we've been to Martini Sky and this visit was completely different than the first one. The food is hit and miss but the service this time was very poor. Our server came to our table twice - he didn't even bring us a dessert menu or our bill, those were delivered by the hostess and some other random person. We ordered quite a few small plates and the server said he would space them out - we got 5 dishes right away! Since we were sitting at a 2 top we had to shuffle to combine items to make room for everything. It was extremely loud, which was fine, but don't go thinking you're going to have a quiet conversation with the people you go with.