Martini Modern Italian
445 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Short North - Arena District
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Martini Modern Italian
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.martinimodernitalian.com/
- Phone: 6142248259x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: John “JP” Iacobucci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Imagine a private dining room decorated with dark woods, white leather and unique lighting, paired with the energy of the Short North Arts District in downtown Columbus. Our completely private dining room is located on the upper level of Martini Modern Italian and may be closed off from the main dining area with double glass doors. This modern and cosmopolitan space can accommodate up to 70 guests and is available during morning and afternoon hours, Monday through Friday while the restaurant is closed, and nightly during dinner service.
- Private Party Contact: Dennis Gehring 6142248259x
- Special Events: Sunday Wine Night at Martini Modern Italian
Featuring half off all wines by the bottle on Sunday nights.
Happy Hour at Martini Modern Italian
Join us for happy hour in our bar, Monday - Friday, from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m (in the bar only). Martini Modern Italian features $5 martinis and half-price appetizers.
A word from Martini Modern Italian
Martini Modern Italian is a vibrant, high energy restaurant featuring timeless Italian techniques, innovative culinary presentations & progressive handcrafted cocktails, all in a sexy, cosmopolitan atmosphere. Located in the Short North Arts District across from the Convention Center, Martini is just minutes away from the Arena District & is open nightly for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Martini Modern Italian - Best Restaurants in Short North - Arena District ›
Martini Modern Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)romantic (95)fit for foodies (94)hot spot (73)good for groups (69)vibrant bar scene (69)notable wine list (63)neighborhood gem (49)late-night find (20)scenic view (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014We dined here prior to the Fleetwood Mac concert and had excellent service and excellent food! We were lucky to have a table in the back corner otherwise I think we would have had to yell at each other across the table in order to be heard. The volume level was very high. Otherwise we had a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty!WindieVIPDined on 10/19/2014I had the veal Parm; it was tender and very flavorful. My husband had the salmon, which was also excellent. I also highly recommend the fresh mozzarella appetizer. They make it onsite, and it was unlike any other mozzarella I've ever had. Warm but not gooey, with just the right amount of herbs and olive oil. I would go back for that alone! The only negative I have was the noise level, making conversation somewhat difficult. But I will definitely go to Martini again.Special Features:
- Fantastic consistent upscale diningAnneyDined on 10/18/2014Everytime we have the opportunity to visit Columbus (we live in FL), Martini's is a must on our list of dining options. The food, service and ambiance always meets & at times exceeds our expectations! The ravioli dish is a must!!Special Features:
- Outstanding FiletNikkiDined on 10/18/2014Our server recommended the filet and with good reason. It was amazing!! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent!WNY1Dined on 10/18/2014We went with a group of 5 people of varying ages. Food, service and drinks were all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014A friend and our families dined at Martini's on Saturday evening October 18th for our pre-marathon carb load. The service was very prompt and friendly and the food was delicious. We appreciated the variety of menu items; I would love to come back and sample some of the offerings when I don't feel tied to eating something very basic for a pre-race meal. My husband was torn between 2 dishes and our server offered to combine 2 half portions. We had children in our group and they easily found menu items to enjoy at a reasonable price. The desserts were also very good. We will certainly dine there again on our next visit to Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Nice Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Martini's provides wonderful entrees, a nice wine list and excellent service. The location on High Street is VERY convenient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always our Short north go to!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful evening & and amazing dinner. Our waiter Moe was the best! His suggestions were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Meal at Martini Modern ItalianeditorDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I were in from New York for the weekend visiting our daughter and to attend the OSU game. Decided on celebrating our wedding anniversary here. It was a good choice. We had 8:00 reservations. We were seated within a few minutes at a table in the center of the dining room. All tables were full. The restaurant was quite loud and very busy with servers and diners. If you are looking for a quiet spot, this is not the place. We found the service to be very good, as was the food. I would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ericg17OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Very busy on a Friday night. Good service at the bar for cocktails. Our waiter was too busy to take care of us properly. The quality of the food was excellent, but was served luke warm. We would try again on perhaps a less busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Can Do BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/17/2014Yes, the food is good, the service was great and Martini Modern is an alive and happening restaurant. But given that the food was not exceptional, especially for the prices charged, we will not return. The other BIG negative was the noise level...our party of four could not wait to escape. That said, everything about Martini Modern obviously is VERY appealing to the younger crowd (that is well healed presumably) which is fine. They can keep enjoying it; we just will never return for the simple reason that there are too many other more enjoyable restaurants offering equal or better food, better prices and more sane ambiance. Sadly, Martini failed to adequately deliver on the key attributes for an enjoyable upscale dining experience.Special Features:
- Great happy hour and dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014We came for dinner before the Blue Jackets game. Really enjoyed the happy hour and dinner after. All of the wait staff were great and we loved the bar atmosphere. All of our meals were good including beet salad, mozzarella chees, lasagna, veal scaloppini, veal shank, and pork chop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerSanFranFoodieDined on 10/15/2014As a frequent eater of great restaurants in San Fran I have a hard pallet to please. Good in San fran is usually outstanding everywhere else. Scene at Martini was good and the food overall was good. Did a pasta dish for a app to split with the group and it was over seasoned. Other than that the beet salad was great and I don't like beets as well as their signature Veal dish. Great cocktails list and cool bar for a pre-drink prior to dinner added to the night. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentchefladyDined on 10/14/2014Made a last minute reservation and got in with no problem. Absolutely awesome atmosphere, service was great and food was phenomenal. Can't believe I've never been here before, and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Love it! I make a point to come here anytime I am in Columbus. The food is amazing!Special Features:
- LOVE!ScissorchickDined on 10/12/2014Every time we eat here we talk about it for an entire year....Once again we can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Great meal, great serviceAJSFDined on 10/12/2014Thank goodness we made a reservation, because Martini was packed with the post-convention crowd when we arrived at 6:30 on Sunday evening. Mo was our server, and he was prompt, friendly, and full of great recommendations. The beet salad, panzanella salad, lasagna, scallop special, tiramisu, and chocolate torte were all excellent. And bottles of wine are half off on Sunday nights, what a nice surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall It's Very GoodProvidentTeamDined on 10/11/2014Great service, we're never disappointed on that front. Food is very good, it just seems that portion sizes are getting smaller (or plates are getting bigger) and prices are going up and up. 4 of us for $200, only one glass of wine at the table, no appetizers. Not sure the value is there, but that's probably more of a personal decision. I made a special request to the restaurant through Open Table, but it was ignored. Not sure if it was the restaurant, or Open Table, or something else, but nevertheless. Wasn't a deal breaker, just would have been a nice surprise.Special Features:
- Excellent experience.JJMSMDined on 10/11/2014Food was perfect and they honored request for a nice table for our anniversary. Drinks were also awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as ususalh20worksDined on 10/11/2014As one would expect from a Cameron restaurant....food service and ambivalence were great. Our waiter Ryan was exceptional...well spoken, well informed and personableSpecial Features:
- Amazing!AndDDined on 10/10/2014Just that - amazing food, amazing service. Expensive (well, mostly if you choose to eat every course of a meal, AND drink). Worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Italian. Ever.NoodlesGaloreDined on 10/10/2014My boyfriend and I ordered the Chicken Carbonara, and it was the best food I've ever tasted! You can tell they use quality ingredients, and know how to make authentic Italian food. The servers are excellent, very personable and ready to help as needed. Great find for Friday date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!!!!ABakerDined on 10/4/2014A group of us went for a birthday celebration. I would highly recommend the Butternut Squash Tortellini. The portion sizes are generous, and the food is fresh. Our server was friendly and attentive. I will go back to this restaurant. I would recommend making reservations, which we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinner spotZiggySDustDined on 10/4/2014We love going to Martini. The service is always first rate and the food is amazing. This is one of those places where we usually just ask our server to pick something for us and they're always on the money. The only reason I didn't check off notable wine list or vibrant bar scene is that we don't drink, so I can't speak to them. I'm sure that both are good, but you can absolutely have a great time there without as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cameron specialGertrudeDined on 9/30/2014As always, great food. Very tight tables. Could have used one more waitstaff person on the floor.Special Features:
- My FavoriteosmrDined on 9/28/2014Martini is my favorite restaurant in Columbus! I love good food and trying new dishes so I have been to many restaurants in the area. Martini is the only one I've come out of claiming it's the best after every visit! We had our 7 month old grandson with us on one occasion and the staff never missed a beat and were very accommodating to him. The chefs are talented and creative, the service is impeccable, and the Modern Martini is always a winner.Special Features:
- So welcomeBillDined on 9/27/2014We all had such a great time! From our sweet waitress, very tasty drinks, food that was so good, to the environment. We'll be back again, and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Our waiter Ryan was outstanding!! Had opinions and was very helpful on meal selections. Also very accommodating for my vegetarian wife by eliminating chicken stock from her favorite pasta dish. Our foodie friends were very impressed on their first time there.Special Features:
- Martini'sDinnerontheRivRDined on 9/25/2014Had a fabulous dinner at Martini's last night. This my third visit and I have never been disappointed. John was the waiter and he was great, provided excellent recommendations. The butternut squash tortolini, beet salad & the scallop special with wild mushroom risotto were all outstanding. I always try to eat at Martini's when I am in Columbus for business. The dilemma is always to order my favorites or try something new. Looking forward to my next meal at Martini's when I return in a few months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartiniOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014Michael always takes great care of us and the food speaks for itself. Once again, another great experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieatheartDined on 9/23/2014My husband and I got married at the courthouse and went to Martini for dinner and it was the perfect end to a perfect day! Our server Keith was awesome! He had excellent menu knowledge and was on top of everything throughout the whole meal. The food was amazing as well. The butternut squash tortelloni and tiramisu have got to be the two best things on the menu! The ambiance is great, and since we were celebrating, they gave us a table in the balcony with a view of the whole restaurant and a complimentary champagne toast!!Special Features:
- Loved our server!!WineNdineDined on 9/22/2014Our server Felicia was wonderful!! She was very knowledgable in recommending everything from wine to appetizers to the entree. Will recommend to everyone! I went with five girls for my birthday and it was a memorable experience! Loved the basil drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingShortNorthDinerDined on 9/22/2014I have been here many times. This time I brought a group that had never been to Martini's. They raved about it. One even commented that he wanted to sneak back over there in the middle of the night and get another steak. Their filet's are amazing. Great wine. Great service. Will return many more times.Special Features:
- Great place!GreatDined on 9/20/2014College friends came into town and we had dinner at Martini's and it was a great time! The energy of the place and the feel of being downtown was fun for us getting together. The food was REALLY good and our waiter very attentive. I look forward to going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's up at the bar?OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/20/2014The restaurant is awesome and one of my favorites in Columbus. Something is going on at the bar. The service there is lacking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JerryJerryDined on 9/20/2014Valet parking, hostess and bartender all set the stage for an incredible experience. Table service was somewhat non-attentive as she appeared to have too many tables. No salt/pepper on table nor offered. Nightly special was a wild salmon which had a nice crust and accompanying sauce but the fish was dry, over cooked and subsequently over priced. Pasta dishes were excellent as were the Caesar salads. Atmosphere is energetic but also loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the Best Italian Food Ever!ProfKDined on 9/20/2014First time in Columbus and used TripAdvisor to find this gem of a restaurant downtown. Very good, although small, wine list and Sundays featured 50% off bottles, so we enjoyed an excellent Pinot Noir from Oregon that was suggested by our server. All four of us ordered different entrees, shared some along the way, and all agreed the food really rocked - especially the veal dishes. My Italian wife, who makes a wicked lasagna, was very impressed! A truly wonderful experience and we have no trouble awarding this one five thumbs up.Special Features:
- Fantastic service!BrutusDined on 9/19/2014The food at martinis has always been great, but our server, Amy, was amazing! She made very thoughtful and accurate recommendations on wine and courses, and each was a hit! The homemade mozzarella appetizer was fantastic! I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartinisIlovemartinisDined on 9/16/2014Martinis remains my absolute favorite restaurant in columbus. The food and service are consistently superb. It's a great atmosphere and the bar is a great place to meet friends for a drink. It's really nice when weather permits the window/walls to be opened up. Always recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued excellenceDrewVIPDined on 9/13/2014Martini continues to evolve with the times, but has always stuck to it's standards: an incredible experience, fantastic food, and impeccable service.Special Features: