Martini Modern Italian
445 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Short North - Arena District
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Martini Modern Italian
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.martinimodernitalian.com/
- Phone: (614) 224-8259
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ryan Rupe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Imagine a private dining room decorated with dark woods, white leather and unique lighting, paired with the energy of the Short North Arts District in downtown Columbus. Our completely private dining room is located on the upper level of Martini Modern Italian and may be closed off from the main dining area with double glass doors. This modern and cosmopolitan space can accommodate up to 70 guests and is available during morning and afternoon hours, Monday through Friday while the restaurant is closed, and nightly during dinner service.
- Private Party Contact: Dennis Gehring 6142248259x
- Special Events: Sunday Wine Night at Martini Modern Italian
Featuring half off all wines by the bottle on Sunday nights.
Happy Hour at Martini Modern Italian
Join us for happy hour in our bar, Monday - Friday, from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m (in the bar only). Martini Modern Italian features $5 martinis and half-price appetizers.
A word from Martini Modern Italian
Martini Modern Italian is a vibrant, high energy restaurant featuring timeless Italian techniques, innovative culinary presentations & progressive handcrafted cocktails, all in a sexy, cosmopolitan atmosphere. Located in the Short North Arts District across from the Convention Center, Martini is just minutes away from the Arena District & is open nightly for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Martini Modern Italian - Best Restaurants in Short North - Arena District ›
Martini Modern Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (114)fit for foodies (103)romantic (92)good for groups (79)hot spot (77)vibrant bar scene (75)notable wine list (60)neighborhood gem (55)late-night find (18)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- A vibrant winnerMS79VIPDined on 11/22/2014Having dined at Martini multiple times, I am impressed with the chef and the staff. Good food, effectively combining classic ideas with inventive preparation methods. Helpful and kind servers who know their stuff. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, bad foodehuestisDined on 11/21/2014We had the antipasto starter, tuna carpaccio, and chicken piccata. They had white bean salad with the first two dishes, which was used as a filler to take up a bunch of room on the plate. The food didn't taste fresh and the piccata was bland. BUT The drinks were great. They seated us right away and everyone that worked there was helpful and friendly despite the crowd. Would recommend as a fun place to have drinks with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent italianjimmVIPDined on 11/18/2014although nothing at martini's has a wow factor, it is definitely more than adequate. the all white bar countertop is pleasing to look at. enjoyed the carpaccio and the veal/spinach ravioli. like a lot of places in Columbus, kind of pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere!!AnnaDined on 11/18/2014Great spot!! Come here every year for a convention and eat at Martini each night. Super cool vibe and yummy Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply, i've never had a bad meal at martinichazfabDined on 11/15/2014indoor service and food is fantastic. always. however, valet left much to be desired. waiting 20 mins. for car and was late to our concert. not real happy about that. but that's the only smudge on an otherwise perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous eveningKaBoDined on 11/14/2014Great food and superb service. We truly enjoyed our evening. Started by sharing the panzanella salad and followed this with chicken piccata and the fish special on butternut squash infused risotto. All the dishes were beautifully presented and well seasoned. Our server was attentive and extremely helpful. And the well prepared predinner martini's helped establish a fine mood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Italian.JimCDined on 11/12/2014Great food, great service! Start with the homemade cheese with bread and a homemade basil sauce. The squash tortallina was incredible in a rich cream sauce. For dessert we enjoyed the vanilla brule and tiramisu. Both excellent. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Martini Modern Italian RestaurantGaryDined on 11/9/2014Took my older sons and their girls to this restaurant as a special night out after enjoying the Lion King at Ohio Theater for a night where we all dressed up and made a night of it. This restaurant fit into my plans as it was suitable coat and tie venue without feeling stuffy and while pricey it was great for the occasion! Notable was all their wines are 50% off on Sunday so we had a chance to imbibe and not worry so much about the price! Food was excellent and staff fun and courteous and ambiance was what I knew it would be at night.Special Features:
- awesome!ChelleDined on 11/8/2014always great food, great drinks, great service! One of my favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful First VisitLisaMDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I treated a friend and her boyfriend to dinner for her birthday. I'd never been to Martini's before but I will certainly come back. The restaurant is beautiful and the food was amazing. The ambiance is great for a special occasion. We each had a different dish and all 4 of us were very happy, my chicken carbonara was the best I've ever had. Try the calamari if you start with appetizers. The server was helpful but not overbearing. My friend's birthday was acknowledged with a simple candle on her dessert, nothing over the top and obnoxious. It was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a birthdayAfoodieDined on 11/7/2014I went to celebrate a friend's birthday and overall had a wonderful experience. The food was amazing! I had the tuna which was great and I tasted the butternut tortellini which was fantastic. The server started out very distant and awkward. She was not very inviting and barely smiled. Toward the end of the dinner she got more comfortable. Throughout the dinner she was very attentive and went out of her way to get certain items. I would defintely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!LindyDined on 11/7/2014We had a wonderful evening. The food and wine were excellent and the service was perfect. I would recommend this place to friends for sure.Special Features:
- Food and serviceccreddDined on 11/4/2014Everything was just magnificent Tues eve from me being accommodated to changing my reservation for 11 from wed to tues carrying all the way to the creme brûlée. Our service and waiters were top notch. I had signature filet with pasta and cheese / the chef added a couple mushrooms. That entree was so rich and wonderful that I later described it as worthy of being listed on the dessert menu. The next day when I started a conversation with someone else who had also eaten there - EVERYONE brought up Martini's bread with olive oil/ balsamic vinegar dip. I described the bread as something I expect to just start floating in the air do to the density and flavor. My guest to my left spoke of needing to bring his wife to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!SummerDined on 11/2/2014My sisters, mom, and I went to Martini Sunday night for a girls' night out. We had never been, but my sister saw that they offer half off wine on Sundays, so we were in. Our server, John, was very knowledgeable about both the wine and food menu. Plus, his fun personality added greatly to our fantastic time. The food was amazing, and the wine was delicious. We all had a wonderful evening! Thanks, John!Special Features:
- Great SpotfullupDined on 10/31/2014Very pleasant experience. Interesting menu. Good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Dinner ExperienceAVetandherfoodDined on 10/29/2014Have a boyfriend that has pretty refined taste in food. I was super nervous I wouldn't be able to find a restaurant for hid birthday that he'd enjoy and that I could afford (with my limited student budget). I am so happy I took a chance with Martini--- the food was phenomenal and the atmosphere was perfect for celebrating the occasion. Our food was served in a timely fashion and our waiter, Ryan, was fantastic (I appreciate a staff that is not only informative about the menu but has a sense of humor). I had absolutely no complaints, and to my happy astonishment, neither did my boyfriend. Money well spent and I would definitely recommend Martini to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Calamari & Daily FeatureStefanDined on 10/26/2014Calamari was amazingly good - almost more like a salad. The fried calamari were mixed with greens and hot peppers. This is a must get for this restaurant. We also tried the special Pork Shank on Pumpkin Risotto - also fantastic. Finally, the bread pudding was heavenly. We were in town for a couple days at the Hilton next door. I made the reservations not knowing they were literally a 30 second walk out the door. Really pretty decor inside as well.Special Features:
- WOWdan2446VIPDined on 10/23/2014We absolutely love this restaurant, the service is always top notch. We always request Michael G. for our server as he is outstanding and his knowledge of the menu is wonderful. Not to mention the food is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating/fabulously deliciousLisaDined on 10/22/2014I made a Rez for 10 and I had 14 show. Martini was very accommodating and after a couple of minutes, on a very busy night, they found us another table. The waitstaff offered menu suggestions and we ate like kings practically trying one of everything on the menu. It was the best meal I've has in years! And my group raves about it for days and some went back the next night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014We dined here prior to the Fleetwood Mac concert and had excellent service and excellent food! We were lucky to have a table in the back corner otherwise I think we would have had to yell at each other across the table in order to be heard. The volume level was very high. Otherwise we had a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-concert celebrationllouVIPDined on 10/19/2014This was our first visit since Martini's had become Martini Modern Italian. Loved the new decor and comfy furnishings, especially their accommodations for parties of two. They complied with our seating preferences. Service was excellent. Loved the bread and the dual dips of balsamic with oil and pesto. The house salad was very good. Our main entrees were good but not exceptional. We had the chicken marsala and the salmon. Best part was Sunday half price bottles of wine. Will definitely return for that. But will choose different entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty!WindieVIPDined on 10/19/2014I had the veal Parm; it was tender and very flavorful. My husband had the salmon, which was also excellent. I also highly recommend the fresh mozzarella appetizer. They make it onsite, and it was unlike any other mozzarella I've ever had. Warm but not gooey, with just the right amount of herbs and olive oil. I would go back for that alone! The only negative I have was the noise level, making conversation somewhat difficult. But I will definitely go to Martini again.Special Features:
- Fantastic consistent upscale diningAnneyDined on 10/18/2014Everytime we have the opportunity to visit Columbus (we live in FL), Martini's is a must on our list of dining options. The food, service and ambiance always meets & at times exceeds our expectations! The ravioli dish is a must!!Special Features:
- Outstanding FiletNikkiDined on 10/18/2014Our server recommended the filet and with good reason. It was amazing!! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent!WNY1Dined on 10/18/2014We went with a group of 5 people of varying ages. Food, service and drinks were all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome find!LoveGoodFoodDined on 10/18/2014A friend and our families dined at Martini's on Saturday evening October 18th for our pre-marathon carb load. The service was very prompt and friendly and the food was delicious. We appreciated the variety of menu items; I would love to come back and sample some of the offerings when I don't feel tied to eating something very basic for a pre-race meal. My husband was torn between 2 dishes and our server offered to combine 2 half portions. We had children in our group and they easily found menu items to enjoy at a reasonable price. The desserts were also very good. We will certainly dine there again on our next visit to Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Nice Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Martini's provides wonderful entrees, a nice wine list and excellent service. The location on High Street is VERY convenient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Our server "mike" made our dining experience exceptional. He was extremely knowlegeable with the preparation and ingredients regarding the menu selections, he was attentive but not overly. The food was fantasic, we had the clean plate awards, all four of us.Special Features:
- Always our Short north go to!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful evening & and amazing dinner. Our waiter Moe was the best! His suggestions were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food AND serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I'm very picky when it comes to fine dining and Martini did not dissapoint! The food and drinks were divine (and our group had plenty of all) as well as the service. 5 stars, and I will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Meal at Martini Modern ItalianeditorDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I were in from New York for the weekend visiting our daughter and to attend the OSU game. Decided on celebrating our wedding anniversary here. It was a good choice. We had 8:00 reservations. We were seated within a few minutes at a table in the center of the dining room. All tables were full. The restaurant was quite loud and very busy with servers and diners. If you are looking for a quiet spot, this is not the place. We found the service to be very good, as was the food. I would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ericg17ericg17Dined on 10/17/2014Very busy on a Friday night. Good service at the bar for cocktails. Our waiter was too busy to take care of us properly. The quality of the food was excellent, but was served luke warm. We would try again on perhaps a less busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Can Do BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/17/2014Yes, the food is good, the service was great and Martini Modern is an alive and happening restaurant. But given that the food was not exceptional, especially for the prices charged, we will not return. The other BIG negative was the noise level...our party of four could not wait to escape. That said, everything about Martini Modern obviously is VERY appealing to the younger crowd (that is well healed presumably) which is fine. They can keep enjoying it; we just will never return for the simple reason that there are too many other more enjoyable restaurants offering equal or better food, better prices and more sane ambiance. Sadly, Martini failed to adequately deliver on the key attributes for an enjoyable upscale dining experience.Special Features:
- Great happy hour and dinnerOBD5Dined on 10/17/2014We came for dinner before the Blue Jackets game. Really enjoyed the happy hour and dinner after. All of the wait staff were great and we loved the bar atmosphere. All of our meals were good including beet salad, mozzarella chees, lasagna, veal scaloppini, veal shank, and pork chop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerSanFranFoodieDined on 10/15/2014As a frequent eater of great restaurants in San Fran I have a hard pallet to please. Good in San fran is usually outstanding everywhere else. Scene at Martini was good and the food overall was good. Did a pasta dish for a app to split with the group and it was over seasoned. Other than that the beet salad was great and I don't like beets as well as their signature Veal dish. Great cocktails list and cool bar for a pre-drink prior to dinner added to the night. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentchefladyDined on 10/14/2014Made a last minute reservation and got in with no problem. Absolutely awesome atmosphere, service was great and food was phenomenal. Can't believe I've never been here before, and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The most amazing food Ive ever had!theckmanDined on 10/13/2014The chef here is phenomenal! All of the food is top knotch! 5 star dining. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Love it! I make a point to come here anytime I am in Columbus. The food is amazing!Special Features:
- LOVE!ScissorchickDined on 10/12/2014Every time we eat here we talk about it for an entire year....Once again we can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Great meal, great serviceAJSFDined on 10/12/2014Thank goodness we made a reservation, because Martini was packed with the post-convention crowd when we arrived at 6:30 on Sunday evening. Mo was our server, and he was prompt, friendly, and full of great recommendations. The beet salad, panzanella salad, lasagna, scallop special, tiramisu, and chocolate torte were all excellent. And bottles of wine are half off on Sunday nights, what a nice surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.