Martini Modern Italian
445 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Short North - Arena District
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Martini Modern Italian
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.martinimodernitalian.com/
- Phone: 6142248259x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: John “JP” Iacobucci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Imagine a private dining room decorated with dark woods, white leather and unique lighting, paired with the energy of the Short North Arts District in downtown Columbus. Our completely private dining room is located on the upper level of Martini Modern Italian and may be closed off from the main dining area with double glass doors. This modern and cosmopolitan space can accommodate up to 70 guests and is available during morning and afternoon hours, Monday through Friday while the restaurant is closed, and nightly during dinner service.
- Private Party Contact: Dennis Gehring 6142248259x
- Special Events: Sunday Wine Night at Martini Modern Italian
Featuring half off all wines by the bottle on Sunday nights.
Happy Hour at Martini Modern Italian
Join us for happy hour in our bar, Monday - Friday, from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m (in the bar only). Martini Modern Italian features $5 martinis and half-price appetizers.
A word from Martini Modern Italian
Martini Modern Italian is a vibrant, high energy restaurant featuring timeless Italian techniques, innovative culinary presentations & progressive handcrafted cocktails, all in a sexy, cosmopolitan atmosphere. Located in the Short North Arts District across from the Convention Center, Martini is just minutes away from the Arena District & is open nightly for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Martini Modern Italian - Best Restaurants in Short North - Arena District ›
Martini Modern Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)romantic (80)fit for foodies (72)hot spot (63)good for groups (58)notable wine list (56)vibrant bar scene (56)neighborhood gem (40)late-night find (23)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Fantastic service!BrutusDined on 9/19/2014The food at martinis has always been great, but our server, Amy, was amazing! She made very thoughtful and accurate recommendations on wine and courses, and each was a hit! The homemade mozzarella appetizer was fantastic! I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartinisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Martinis remains my absolute favorite restaurant in columbus. The food and service are consistently superb. It's a great atmosphere and the bar is a great place to meet friends for a drink. It's really nice when weather permits the window/walls to be opened up. Always recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued excellenceDrewVIPDined on 9/13/2014Martini continues to evolve with the times, but has always stuck to it's standards: an incredible experience, fantastic food, and impeccable service.Special Features:
- Food was tasty; service mehQueenbea18VIPDined on 9/12/2014I was unimpressed by service, which was inconsistent. It too way too long for the waitress to return to take our order after promising to "be right back" after she dropped off her tray. Ten minutes later she returned. I also thought it was disrespectful when my pregnant sister in law asked if they had ginger ale, the waitress waited a beat, then said "yes," but returned with something that was clearly a mix of sprite and coke and tried to pass it off as ginger ale... Really?! Food was really tasty but not quite worth the $.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Too noisy!SG50VIPDined on 9/12/2014We like the restaurant a lot but Friday night it was packed and you could barely carry on a conversation with our guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent staff and foodcarguy87Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I went here for our wedding anniversary. The staff and waitress did a wonderful job making the evening special and the food and restaurant was great.Special Features:
- AmazingZiggySDustDined on 9/12/2014The whole experience was absolutely fantastic. We've have a different waiter each of the last 3 times we've been to Martini and all 3 were world class. And the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed the food, sharing several "new to us" items. The waitress was informative and helpful, splitting items for us to share and describing the food prep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for sharingzenyatta1Dined on 8/29/2014We had the amazing light calamari and antipasto, then shared a pasta dish and split entrees and a dessert. Chef split it all and made us individual plates. Was all fantastic and great service. Only note is to bring a sweater, very chilly with new ac system.Special Features:
- Insanely Hot (as in temperature)CyndilooDined on 8/23/2014This was our 2nd attempt at dinner at Martini's this summer & it was again miserably hot in the restaurant - well over 80 degrees. In May, we left & went to Hyde Park (where it was about 70 degrees). This time we stayed & suffered the heat. Can't figure out if the management is just cheap & doesn't turn the air on high enough or they have an infrastructure issue with the air conditioning - in which case I still blame poor management as they've had 3 months to resolve the issue & have apparently done nothing about it. So disappointing. We LOVE Martini's gluten-free menu - it's one of the best we've found & the gluten-free dishes are delicious. But we refuse to spend $300.00 on another meal there & nearly pass out from the heat.
- Great food and drinksAlhovaDined on 8/22/2014Went there for a business dinner. Food and dessert were great. Drinks were a little on the sweet side. The place is a bit loud but there is a good vibe and the lighting is just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant!Pugs21Dined on 8/18/2014First time at Martini. Everything was absolutely delecious and the service was great. Will defiantly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedahavah07Dined on 8/16/2014I've been to Martini before and remembered having a good experience. This one was very different. The service was lousy. I waited on water and my husband waited on red pepper flakes for about 10 minutes. Our waiter did not check on the appetizer/salad. No apologies. The pasta was undercooked. We don't go out much anymore because of having to get a babysitter and I was really looking forward to a Saturday night out. We will likely not return unless invited by someone else.Special Features:
- Martini or BusbradleyferdDined on 8/16/2014Martini was definitely a great restaurant. The price was suitable for the area and the type of food. Marcellas up the street is still my personal favorite, Martini is surely quieter so I didn't have to scream at my date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Italian Says It AllbachmohDined on 8/9/2014Great food, great service, great ambience. Modern Italian is a perfect description for the food. It was delicious lighter portions with the comforting flavors you expect.Special Features:
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014used opentable to make our reservation an hour before our seating, table was ready when we arrived, service was outstanding, food was very tasty. Very energetic crowd for saturday night in downtown columbus, which i was surprised, but pleased. the other couple who we brought, was their first time to Martini's and enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic find.Cook244Dined on 8/9/2014Besides superb service, the food was outstanding. The bruschetta was different but definitely delicious. The entre's were perfectly done and extremely flavorful. And the dessert was to die for. We had the Sangiovese/merlot blend which was well worth the price. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Amazing!PaigeVIPDined on 8/8/2014I love going to Martini! The service is always amazing and the food never fails!Special Features:
- so close to the convention centerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Literally just across High Street from the Columbus Convention Center, Martini Modern Italian is a great addition to the downtown dining scene. I sat at the bar (great open-air concept with cool views of the street), drank a Manhattan instead of a Martini (which was excellent), and ate the butternut squash filled tortelloni (delicious). This is a winner--and extremely convenient to so many of the downtown hotels and Arena District.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteaksFavoritePlaceDined on 8/3/2014I had the NY Strip and my son had the Filet. Both were delicious and my strip was as thick as my sons steak. They melt in your mouth, and we will be back. Thanks for making my wife's birthday memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cameron Mitchell Restaurant5foodiesDined on 8/2/2014We love this restaurant. The food is always excellent, love the wine list and the service is extrememely professional. The veal chop is out of this world. My wife had a fantastic filet and my daughter's short rib was perfect. We had a wonderful evening and our server, Amy was outstanding. Whenever we are in Columbus we love frequenting all Cameron Mitchell Restaurants and Martini's is one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost its edgeEatWellontheRoadVIPDined on 8/2/2014Martini used to offer great food, great service and in a great location. Now it seems only the location remains a draw. The bruschetta was chewy and tuna appetizer was mediocre with taste and texture suggesting it was prepared many hours, if not a day ago. Not one entrée was even above a "good" rating. The short rib was tender but bland and the rest of the plate was a mess that seemed more like convention fare than finer food. Two veal dishes had tender enough but underseasoned vea with non-descript sauces and side. Even the service cam off as a bit cynical from a tired waitress. The restaurant was packed so maybe others are experiencing something else but, while happy to hit other CM restaurants, we won't be back to Martini.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2014Brian is the best server! He knows the wine list and menu so well he was able to recommend subtle changes to accommodate our dietary needs. His timing and attention is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zeppelin Rules!EdBegleyIIIDined on 8/1/2014Martini is the best dining experience I have had since the last time I ate at Martini. Our server, Mary Beth, made sure that every detail of our dining experience was perfect. I definitely recommend the veal chop: I have had several of Martini's entrees, and with the exception of perhaps the award-winning beef tenderloin filet, it is the best item on the menu. My wife was pleased that they carried The Prisoner as part of the wine selection, but it turns out that the En Route Pinot Noir is as good if not better-- one of the tastiest wines we have ever had in a restaurant. All in all, I would say that Hanson's "Mmmbop" is the single most unfairly ridiculed song of the 90's. Go listen to it right now and try not to smile. Also, eat at Martini.Special Features:
- 43rd anniversaryRogndebDined on 7/31/2014I made reservation for 7 pm. Our 2 daughters had arranged to pay for our meal, so the restaurant knew about our special occasion. We were treated like 'royalty' from the time we arrived. Our waiter, Michael, went out of his way to make our meal special. The food was excellent! We couldn't have asked for a better experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmoshpereFlyGirlDined on 7/29/2014Went in for a casual business dinner and sat right up front by the open windows. The people watching was fabulous and enhanced out enjoyment of the dinner! The food was top-notch and the waiter made a spot on recommendtion for the wine. A real winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014This is a great place to go for a special occasion. I went with 3 friends and we were able to take our time and dine, we were there for almost 3 horus, which I enjoyed, we wern't pressured to hurry up and leave. The food was very good, the portions are large.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerWayneDined on 7/26/2014Martini's is always one of our favorite places and we celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary there with our children. However, since it was a weekend and the end of restaurant week, perhaps the kitchen was "overworked" since not everything was up to par. Our server (whom we unfortunately had before) just wasn't friendly, and "made faces" when we did order enough alcohol! The usually A+ salmon dish was tasteless and had no "lemon" sauce and no "artichoke" salad (was always a family favorite). We received a complementary dessert, of which we were most appreciative, the tiramisu was just whipped cream (compare to Figlio's tiramisu which is the best ever!). So we were a bit disappointed, but the other dishes were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalDiver55VIPDined on 7/26/2014Food was amazing. Could not ask for better service.Special Features:
- Great Expeirence!YumyumDined on 7/26/2014My sister and I thoroughly enjoyed our expeirence! The staff was wonderful and very polite and the atmosphere was great! Will defiantly be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICjollyjoeDined on 7/26/2014This is one of my favorite places in Cbus! Service is always excellent and the food NEVER disappoints! Everything from the salads, apps and main course are top shelf. Great value for the food and service level. One of the BEST steaks around and their fish is always served PERFECT. LOVE this place! We had a blast! GREAT food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccomodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I moved away from Columbus after school and spent three years in Dallas. Upon our return we went to Martini's for our anniversary. I was looking for a shrimp fradiovolo dish that I used to have all the time, but it was no longer on the menu. I mentioned this to the waiter and he spoke with the kitchen to try and get it as close as they could for me. The result was better than what I remember having ordered three years ago. I appreciate the willingness to work with me on creating something off menu. I never do that sort of thing, but they were more than happy to work with the kitchen.Special Features:
- Great food and service!tennisgirlDined on 7/25/2014Had a wonderful dinner and our waiter, Brian, made the evening outstanding! Our favorite dish of the night was the Lamb Papardelle. Excellent wine recommended by Brian. Very energetic vibe - you can pretend your're in a big city! While the noise level is fairly loud, the decor of the restaurant feels intimate and cozy.Special Features:
- Nice for celebrating!meteezDined on 7/25/2014Celebrated wife's birthday here and it was a truly enjoyable affair; from the valet parking (reasonable charge) to the final champagne toast, service was excellent! Thanks Martini for making me look good for my wife!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Top 10 Columbus Restaurant!Luv2WinenDineVIPDined on 7/22/2014Excellent appetizers, amazing main dishes (my wife had the salmon & I had the spinach/truffle ravioli...both were awesome, but the truffle ravioli was out of this world!!!), and a great wine list. Our server, Angie was excellent. She made it a perfect night!Special Features:
- HOT in Columbus!Nutty1VIPDined on 7/22/2014We loved the appetizers and drinks. However, their air conditioning was not working and it happened to be one of the hottest days in Columbus. So we had to skip dinner and leave for a walk outside where it was a bit cooler. This was disappointing since we had a great table by the front sliding windows which could have opened up if there had been a cool breeze. If we are in town again, we would give it another chance, perhaps in the evening when its cooler! Great drinks and appetizers and though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Date NightTonyRDined on 7/20/2014We went to Martini with another couple and enjoyed every minute. The service was exceptional and the food even better (particularly the sea scallops). 50% off bottles of wine on Sunday made it even better. I'd highly recommend Martini for any special occasion or just a date night.Special Features:
- Food & Service are Phenomenal!JennsgewelsDined on 7/20/2014The best authentic Italian food I've had. The homemade pasta just melts in your mouth! The martinis are amazing as well, I ended up skipping dessert for a second round martini:). I didn't have to want for anything because the service was top-notch. This will be our dinner spot from now on when we visit Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mozzarella & MartinisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014The fresh mozzarella is worth a trip to Martini in itself. Very consistent food overall; the beef tenderloin is top notch. Ambience is dark, rich, perfect for a romantic dinner. And this may sound odd, but the bathrooms are just as fabulous (and clean) as the dining room. Good Italian wine list and, best of all, a proficient, knowledgeable, and friendly bar staff. Try the Pear-Elderflower cocktail. Highly recommended. Many of Cameron Mitchell's restaurants feel (and taste) like a chain while charging independent, fine dining prices. Martini is an exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Italian Dining Done RightStephGDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I were looking for a fine dining experience in the Columbus area while visiting with out niece and Martini Modern Italian fit the bill nicely. It was very posh inside yet not too stuffy. The attire ranged from casual, off-the-street clothes to couples and groups dressed to the nines for an evening out. The wine and cocktail menu is expansive. The menu provided a nice variety of options and the prices are on par with other restaurants of this caliber. The food was excellent and the portions are generous. We enjoyed our evening at Martini's and will return again without any doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.