187 Hackensack Street
Wood-Ridge, NJ 07075Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.martini-grill.com/
- Phone: 2019392000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Aret Cakir
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Corporate or private parties.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Friday and Saturday nights starting at 7 pm.
A word from Martini Grill
Martini Grill, just off Route 17, offers an exceptional dining experience with its stylish, romantic Tuscan setting, welcoming service and an artfully created menu. Its "European" cuisine leans heavily toward Italy, nods frequently to France, and often stretches trans-Atlantic to classics unique to these shores. Chef/Owner Aret Cakir, a Culinary Institute of America graduate with classic French experience earned in the kitchens of Maxine's of Paris and Le Cirque of New York City, creates the most delightful dishes with first-rate ingredients that find their way into his kitchen from around the world. The list of executives and celebrities jetting in and out of Teterboro that he also caters to includes Britney Spears, John Bon Jovi, Johnny Depp, Denzel Washington, Steven Spielberg, Tom Cruise, Sean Penn and Martha Stewart. Enjoy the exquisite weekly specials, the extensive martini & wine lists and live jazz Friday & Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Martini Grill - Best Restaurants in Hackensack ›
Martini Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)romantic (10)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (7)good for groups (5)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- very goodjodiDined on 9/6/2014The food was very good. Diverse menu. Great martinis! Mostly couples in this place on a saturday night.Special Features:
- Store front restaurantRemitaturVIPDined on 8/23/2014Charming place in local setting. Service was excellent, food above normal and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!MommaryDined on 8/16/2014We have eaten many,many times and have never had a bad meal or poor service. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- never ending sangriaBunnyDined on 8/16/2014wow, the sangria was great. the martinis looked phenomenal! Service was good, and no rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surpriseSiriusVIPDined on 7/9/2014Such a surprising gem! Great food and a definite return for me. Give this a try for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomejjnnDined on 6/27/2014This is an incredible simply amazing place. The staff is exceptional and the food is out of this world!Special Features:
- INCREDIBLE RESTAURANT AND OWNERjjnnDined on 6/21/2014This is one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. The owner is remarkable and very personable. He gives you individual attention. The food is awesome! The staff is courteous. I totally recommend everyone make at least one visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RnowesDined on 5/24/2014We went on a quiet night and had the attention of all the wait staff at our beck and call. The owner came to check on us twice and we had a lovely conversation with him. The food was very good and the presentation was lovely.Special Features:
- The following 10 reviews are from the Martini Grill reviews archive.
- Love Martini Grill1njgalVIPDined on 5/11/2014We have been here before…always wonderful. It was Mother's Day and I chose to come here. Had a nice corner table. The swordfish was excellent…as were the salmon and veal entrees. No matter what the occasion or no special occasion at all…this is a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitMagieVIPDined on 5/8/2014I decided to try Martini Grill because I thought the name interesting. I did try a specialty martini with raspberry. It was delicious. The salmon with sesame was among the best dishes I have had anywhere. The lime sauce is a very nice accompanyment. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable dinnerJakeDined on 4/26/2014We enjoyed the food at Martini Grill, as usual. The service was great. The singer in the bar area added a nice touch to the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceRobbDined on 4/18/2014We have gone to the Martini Grill several times over the past few years. The ambience is very nice, soft lighting, candles on the table - fireplace going during the winter. The food is also very good - we have never had anything but a really great meal. Filet tips is my favorite - always ver consistent. The wait staff is also very personable and seems to know the menu quite well. One of the servers has been there as long as we have been going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicebayankeeDined on 3/8/2014The service is usually excellent. The server that evening (Toni) was as usual professional, with a great sense of humor and pride in what she does. That evening they restaurant seemed to book almost everyone at the same time so the staff trying to serve everyone in a timely manner was challenging. We did have to wait some time to get dinner served, however Toni was very apologetic and we did feel bad due to no other staff on the floor other than the two servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and DrinkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014We came to eat here because of a Groupon and the food and drink were more than we could have expected. We arrived after a party was leaving and the folks at the restaurant were kind enough to seat us as they were winding downtown the event. Our only complaint was that the waitress seemed as if she were inconvenienced by us being there and that our tight schedule that we told the place about when we booked a table earlier in the day was my conveyed to the kitchen staff. We had to eat our meal in 5 minutes so we would nit be late for our evening engagement. The food on the other hand was delicious and their martinis were original and looked as good as they tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellent FoodRichBWVIPDined on 3/7/2014We continue to enjoy coming to the Martini Grill, both for the excellent food and the live music (most Fridays and Saturdays). The chef is very accommodating to requests to modify dishes based upon dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta ShrimpFredVIPDined on 3/5/2014We both enjoyed the Shrimp Pasta. The shrimp were huge and grilled to perfection and the pasta was just right! I live in DC and it is difficult to find Eggplant Rollatine; we found it here and it was superb as an appetizer. The wine selection was excellent. Can't wait to visit again and try a Martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent find!RUSHFan0612VIPDined on 3/1/2014We dined here at Martini Grill for the first time on Sat 3/1/14 and had a fabulous meal. Appetizers great, entrees (I had one of the signature salmon dishes) were very fresh and presented well and the signature martinis were all very good as well. Overall this place exceeded my expectations and we will definitely be back at some point in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great but waitingDarryDined on 2/14/2014Food was great but waiting to actually get the food was awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.