40 Main St.
Millburn, NJ 07041Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.martinibistro.com/
- Phone: 9733764444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday -Saturday 11:30am - 5:00pm;Brunch Sunday11:30am-2:30
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm–10:00pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm – 12:00am,
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Martini Bistro
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Martini Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- We were going to the PapermillPeggDined on 10/10/2013We were going to the Papermill and let the waiter know. His recommendations were spot on for the specials; food came out quickly; everything was delicious! We asked to split a special martini and the waiter was gracious enough to bring it in two glasses so no mess for us...we didn't even have to ask for the bill...he showed up leaving up with plenty of time to get to the theater. Would recommend it to anyone...really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surprisesteveDined on 10/5/2013Not from town, but this place could be a go-to restaurant. Very good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal for pre-theaterGoodFoodGuyVIPDined on 10/4/2013Great spot to grab a nice meal and drink (without having to BYOB). Menu is diverse and offers something for everyone.
- great placerareniteoutDined on 9/28/2013Food & staff were great! Table seating was very comfortable. Noisy though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrific servicelacobbDined on 9/28/2013We arrived at the restaurant promptly at 6 and were seated. Our drink and food orders were placed at the same time. The waitress got TWO salad orders wrong and was arguing with us about what we had ordered, we had to ask three times for bread and our bread plates and our food took an hour to arrive after our salads were finished. Horrible service. Food was terrific, but not worth the level of service we got. We will NOT be back.Special Features:
- I have been here twice andDolaDined on 9/21/2013I have been here twice and would definetely return & recommend dinning here. It's a great place, the food and the drinks are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2013This is a moderately priced restaurant with good food. We enjoyed our dinner, although it didn't wow us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time on First DateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2013Service & food was wonderful. I feel the hostess knew we were on a first date & sat us away from the bar so we would be able to talk. We sat right beside the window & it was perfect! We ordered the turkey chili nachos as an appetizer which was delicious. My entree was the salmon with mac & cheese & fries which also was delicious! I ordered the mango martini which our waiter suggested & drank two of them. I would definitely return!Special Features:
- Loved the Place!BarbDined on 8/2/2013Service was really good, we loved the menu. Everyone liked their food. From fancy dishes to burgers and individual pizza, it was all good. We went there pre theater for Paper Mill Playhouse. We loved it so much the first night we went back there a second time.Special Features:
- I have been here for lunchJG12345VIPDined on 7/8/2013I have been here for lunch previously...which was great. This was our first time going for dinner. We loved the variety in the menu, from casual food to full entrees. All four of us enjoyed our dining experience very much. Will definitely make it a "repeater."Special Features:
- Didn't meet expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2013Though my food was good, the wait stuff was very slow. I wouldn't say it's a bad establishment at all, just not what I was hoping for. Stick to the bar/lounge area for appetizers and you won't be disappointed, dinner you could be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service and wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/19/2013The meals are consistently tasty and prepared well. The menu is diverse and accomodates the differing choices that may be wanted by larger parties/groups. The service is done well and the waiters do not rush you through the meal. Although many probably have the delicous martinis, there are many good wines which can be chosen, too. We ate in the dining room, which is nice and quiet. The bar room is quite a bit noiser and more vibrant.Special Features:
- JR56jdinerDined on 6/18/2013I recommend the coconut martini! One of the best I have ever had! I also had the salmon which was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Father's Day CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/16/2013Martino's was a pleasant, congenial setting for Father's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/8/2013We chose this restaurant to have dinner before a comedy show we were seeing nearby, largely because it had a full bar and a variety of food options. We were very pleasantly surprised by the selections (excellent core menu, great specials of the day, and sushi bar offering). Each starter and main dish that was ordered was absolutely delicious, with great drinks and great service. We look forward to returning so that we can try other menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceChrisDined on 5/20/2013Martini never disappoints. Service is great ! Food is great! We come here oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing fun evening spotFleaVIPDined on 5/16/2013Food variety, selection and presentation were excellent. Martinis are delicious. Hostess and wait staff quite accommodating.Special Features:
- The reservation I made onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2013The reservation I made on Open Table was not on the Martini web site. They said there had been a few problems in the past with Open Table reservations. I showed them the confirmation I had received and they were able to accomodate me with no problems.Special Features:
- Great as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2013I have been to the Martini Bistro ~12 times and I keep going back because of the consistency of the fabulous food and great drinks! The Mango-Tini which is garnished with incredibly fresh raspberries was perfect as always-I had two! The Caesar salad was perfect as always and the slivers of shaved cheese show their attention to detail. For the first time I got the Filet Mignon as I normally get seafood, the cut of meat was fantastic and the bordelaise sauce was excellent! As usual, the grilled asparagus was perfect. I love the wine selection by the glass here which is great for dining alone or dining with a companion who wants a different wine. The key-lime tini i had for dessert was an exceptional exclamation point to end the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pear martinis here!KathyVIPDined on 4/18/2013Great pear martinis here! Also, great salads & sushi.
- Good main courses and broccolifinewineVIPDined on 3/18/2013Good main courses and broccoli Rabe was very good.
- This used to be my go-to forOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/15/2013This used to be my go-to for lunch, dinner and drinks. The quality of their food and service had dramatically gone down. However, I would try it again b/c I feel that our server was the the main reason we did not enjoy ourselves. He was rude and short with us, unlike any other encounter I have had there. They also did not offer seaweed salad at their sushi bar which was odd as well as disappointing to me. On a positive note, the bar staff is always very friendly and efficient with our orders! Next time, we may just stay at the bar.
- great for drinks not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/9/2013great for drinks not so great for food service was mediocre
- Wow!hertziesDined on 3/8/2013We were delighted with this restaurant. It is attractive,the service is great,and the food very imaginative and delicious.Special Features:
- Our food was delicious. However,KathyVIPDined on 3/7/2013Our food was delicious. However, our server had quite an attitude. He wrote down the wrong salad then was very rude when we asked for the correct one. The BBQ eel sushi is outstanding.Special Features:
- We found the noise level toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013We found the noise level to be above normal . Party for twenty 16 yo girls at the table next to us. While the food was good to very good , the service was about average. Waiter was very nice. We had to ask many times for him to bring us items we ordered. Lacked the attention to detail. I would recommend Martinis just make sure you get a table away from the bar where it is a little quieter.
- Restaurant does not followKDe01VIPDined on 2/23/2013Restaurant does not follow Open Table reservations. I arrived and they had no record that I requested a table--frustrating on a Saturday night!
- Dinner was very nice-HOWEVEROpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013Dinner was very nice-HOWEVER they did not have my reservation in the bookSpecial Features:
- We are regulars at Martinis.DinnerAfterShowDined on 2/22/2013We are regulars at Martinis. Service is always excellent and food is consistently good.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013The restaurant was great. The dining area was relaxed and cozy compared to the really busy, loud bar area. Some of the tables were really tiny and close together so you could listen in on conversations around you. Burgers were good and the overall prices were reasonable. Service was timely until the end of the evening when it got really slow.Special Features:
- Great pre Theater Drinks and meal!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013My husband and I had a great time! Food was good! Drinks were good!! Impressed by staff attentiveness and friendliness!Special Features:
- The place had a lot of serversOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The place had a lot of servers but no service., the room was very tight spacing, the menus were bigger than the table. it was noisey. the bread was old and hard. We will not be going back. The cupids arrow drink was good, we spent a lot but was still hungry.Special Features:
- The food has greatly improvedNan2VIPDined on 2/2/2013The food has greatly improved and we will be back to enjoy another dinner.Special Features:
- Drinks were disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2013Food was delicious, service was good. But the drinks were dissappointing. Their martinis were never watered-down before. It wasn't just mine, there were 2 others with me, and they all said the same thing. For $11-$13 a pop, I'm expecting to taste and feel the alcohol.Special Features:
- Great spot for a special evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Great spot for a special evening. Will definately come back!Special Features:
- My wife had a salad and IMikeDined on 12/28/2012My wife had a salad and I had a chicken sandwhich. Very over priced for the quality of the food. We also ordered a calamari appetizer, which they forgot to make. They offered to bring it out but when we started eating dinner we cancelled the order because we didn't believe it would be worth the price.
- Food is as good as you'd expectNJTarheelDined on 12/21/2012Food is as good as you'd expect for the price, but service was lackluster.Special Features:
- Wonderful menu. Besides havingSUMomDined on 12/15/2012Wonderful menu. Besides having kid favorites on the kids menu also have wide variety of the regular offerings having things that appeal to adults and teens/20's. Service was attentive but not obtrusive. Busy place but not overwhelmingly noisy - gives the impression of being a popular place to eat where everyone comes - couples, families, groups of friends.Special Features:
- less than good serviceJenniferDined on 12/14/2012I have dined at this restaurant on several occasions and always had a great experience with the exception of this day. I chose this restaurant to treat 10 of my associates to lunch assuming it would be an enjoyable experience. Initially the server was very attentive but as soon as it appeared to get busy his level of service quickly diminished. My meal along with two others were brought out incorrectly. We had to ask for the dessert menu and we had to wait an extended period of time prior to getting the check to pay. Not a good thing when you're working and need to be in/out in a reasonable amount of time. Two of the meals were removed from the check and I appreciate that, but it doesn't make up for the unacceptable level of service.
- Seems to have gone downhill.LDS10Dined on 12/9/2012Seems to have gone downhill. Have been many times and enjoyed it. This was not the same place. Food was okay but the service was absolutely terrible and there were only about 4 tables of diners. Bartender was busy easting while we waited for our drinks, waitress was horrible...got up several times to try to get help. SO disappointed, will not be going back anytime soon.