1200 W. Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60642Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.martanthony.com/
- Phone: 3124213477
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Mart Anthony's
Mart Anthony’s is your home for authentic Italian cooking. We have been serving traditional Italian food to the Chicagoland community since 1981. Our recipes have been handed down through our family for three generations. Only the finest and freshest ingredients go into our menu and we are happy to share our love of food with you. Some of our favorite dishes are Grilled calamari, Tortellini romano, Chicken Saltimboca and of course, our signature dish, The Mart Anthony Filet encrusted in Pecorino Romano cheese in a Pomodoro sauce. Have lunch or dinner around a table with your family or co-workers, or a cozy dinner for two. Come sit elbow-to-elbow at the bar and enjoy the camaraderie that happens when our customers are well-fed and have their cocktail of choice at hand. The dining room at Mart Anthony’s can accommodate all of these different groups and then some. The atmosphere is warm and inviting and if you’re not careful, you may stay longer than you thought.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Mart Anthony's - Best Restaurants in West Loop ›
Mart Anthony's reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (6)great for outdoor dining (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (3)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/4/2014not a fancy place, just really good food. Staff is friendlySpecial Features:
- Diamond in the ruffHawesredDined on 9/19/2014Great food and excellent service. First time going to Mart Anthony's for a birthday celebration. Couldn't have asked for anything better. Definitely will return again.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2014Marty's is our go to restaurant with family or friends. Always welcoming and the food is really good.Special Features:
- scrowDined on 8/28/2014Very nice food, but the PA with it's predictable "Goodfellas" type music was a little loud; for no particular reason, since we happened to be nearly the only ones there. The veal Marsala and the chicken saltimbocca were both fantastic. I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous find!MalibuDined on 8/15/2014I had one of the best Italian dishes I have ever had. The Fettuccine Carbonara was to die for. Others in my party had other pasta dishes and they were all delicious. The meatballs were exceptional. We frequented Mart Anthony's when it was on Randolph and haven't been to this location until now. We were all glad we came to the new location, and will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantYummyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Good service yummy food. Would not order the gnocchi though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotJSWIVIPDined on 7/11/2014Friendly, comfortable, cozy and serving up great Italian.Special Features:
- Mart Anthony'sMikeDined on 7/1/2014As always the food is simple and excellent. Wait staff is always on the spot but never overbearing. Been there many times and always look forward to the next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gemclarVIPDined on 6/28/2014The Italian food is old style, and fabulous. Loved by all from young to old in my family.Special Features:
- The following 146 reviews are from the Mart Anthony's reviews archive.
- reviewStuartVIPDined on 6/20/2014food quality and portions as well as temperature was good. Wine priced well. Good Southern Italian food
- so soOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2014If I lived within walking distance I might stop by once and awhile, but we made long drive based on CHICAGO'S BEST. Very average at best.
- Graduation PartyChitownDinerDined on 5/30/2014My son was graduating from high school and we went to Mart Anthony's before the ceremony. They treated us promptly and with great service. Most importantly, the Italian food was delicious and served piping hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItaliangmsattyVIPDined on 5/17/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. we had the antipasto salad, which was plenty for two to share. My wife and I both had veal dishes. the veal was perfectly cooked and the dishes had great flavors. Prices were a little high, but quality is not cheap. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014Intimate setting and the food was outstanding.I prefer my bread a tad bit softer but overall a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classic italianVeemakDined on 5/5/2014My husband and I came here for dinner on a Monday night with our 2 kids. The waitress was super friendly, as was all the other staff. We love good Italian food and this is just that. It's flavorful and plentiful. The pizza has a cracker thin crust - superb! The gnocchi are delicious. the sausage and peppers is cooked perfectly. The only negative thing I have to say is the the caesar salad is a bit overdressed, but we really liked this place and will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Great food in a casual atmosphereKathDined on 4/14/2014This is a small italian place with really good food and not to far if you are heading to a Bulls or Hawks game. They also have complimentary valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usualJanetJDined on 4/11/2014We love this place and have been here several times. We took friends here and they loved it. I like the mango martinis!!!! The braciole was outstanding. LOVE IT>Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceTaxerDined on 3/22/2014After reading the positive reviews, my finance and I were expecting a nice evening meal before venturing to the Cadillac Palace for a show. Unfortunately, we experienced extrememly disappointing service. Our server waited in excess of ten minutes before visiting our table. This may be understandable if he was busy assisting other patrons, however he was in plain view the entire time conversing with another restaurant employee. Once visiting our table he quickly wanted to take our drink, appetizer, and entree orders simultaneously. As the experience progressed, our server neglected to check back with our table to be certain our orders were as expected and to check on our beverages. We felt like we were inconvenience the entire time.
- Wonderful place!GigieatsDined on 3/19/2014We love all the great things about Mart Anthony.....the food, the staff, the easy going place.....it is our GO TO place for Blackhawks games. From start to finish they do an excellent job and they have the best Chicken Marsala in Chicago!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticrsssssDined on 3/7/2014What's not to like? Great little neighborhood Italian joint. Food is delicious, service first-rate, good vibe. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian foodfoodieDined on 3/5/2014It was good. Not a big menu. Waitress brought straws to the table using her bare hands. Not cool. The restaurant had a very strange smell upon entering. When we asked she said maybe it was the mop, really???Special Features:
- Best Little Italian Joint in ChicagmommallamaVIPDined on 2/21/2014Mart Anthony's is a hidden treasure. Great food, great ambience, tucked away near the rail yard. Outstanding homemade dishes and the best raw oysters in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for Valentine's dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentine's dinner and was not disappointed. Dinner was one of the best Italian meals we have had in years. Cooked to perfection and full of flavor. Serving staff was top notch and very attentive. Most certainly returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good service and foodNannerVIPDined on 2/13/2014I had a lunch meeting with a friend and out of town guest. The weather was snowy but I drove hoping to find a spot to park on the street. Although it appeared to be a parking spot a young man came out and offered to park my car to make sure I wasn't in a snow zone. The wait staff could not be nicer, the food was amazing. I had mussels which were some of the best I've eaten and a wonderful linguini dish with shrimp. I always enjoy eating here. I'm never rushed. Worth the trip out of the loop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mart's will not disappoint!BluetDined on 2/1/2014Our experience was wonderful. The service got a feel for us right away, we were in no rush. When we were ready to order they were right there for us. The food was yummy. The stuffed gnocchi is great, spicy, all the dishes passing by looked just as good. The wine list is quite nice. Again if you go to this restaurant, you will be pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceDawnMDined on 1/14/2014We dined at Mart Anthony's before a Blackhawks game. The service was attentive and fast, so we had no problem getting in and out on time. Everyone was very friendly. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been to Mart Anthony'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/10/2014We've been to Mart Anthony's a number of times in the past. This time only one of the four of us had pasta dish. The pasta dish was very good but the special pork chops in peppers weren't so good and the Braciole was dry. I think this restaurant has very good pasta dishes but non-pasta dishes weren't so good at least this time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service outstandingjekissaDined on 12/14/2013I just recently took my mother here for her birthday. Our waitor was top notch. The food was excellent. I ordered the filet mignon and it was prepared very simply, but the beef was excellent quality and cooked exactly the way I ordered it. We also ordered the calamari and it was very fresh not rubbery like at other establishments. They also sang happy birthday which they didn't have to do, it was a nice touch. Worth visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really enjoy this place.GaryVIPDined on 12/3/2013I really enjoy this place. Each time I go there, the food is VERY good as is the service. It is super for dinner also. You can easily have a conversation and not have to talk over the ambiant noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blackhawk NightSaturdaynightVIPDined on 11/10/2013We went on a night the Hawks were playing and it was very busy -- and noisy! We weren't going to the game and were kind of relieved when they left so we could hear ourselves talk again. Disappointed they had run out of our favorite dish -- the stuffed gnocchi. I tried the lasagne instead and was disappointed -- not enough ricotta, but still tasty sauce. We'll have to check the game schedule before we go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great service and average foodnurigashviliDined on 11/2/2013We had a reservation. We called to see of it was alright if we came early' if we would be seated. They said yes, but we were seated almost and HOUR after we arrived (even later than when we had our reservation). There were many people waiting to be seated and NO ONE was up at the front to take names/communicate updates. I had to find a worker 3 times asking when we will be seated...that we have a reservation. They did provide us a bottle of wine for our wait. The food was average, not amazing or anything special. We will not be coming back, but its still a good place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bada Bing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2013Mart Anthony's is a little neighborhood gem in the West Loop/Fulton Market area of town. The food is pretty standard Italian American fare and quite tasty. We've eaten here a bunch of times and it has not disappointed. The prices are reasonable as well. The atmosphere is comfortable, cozy and a bit tacky with red walls and photos of the owner over the years (who is perched at the bar and something out of central casting). It actually makes this place kind of a fun 'dive' Italian joint where you can throw back a couple of drinks, have some good pasta or pizza, and hang with some locals (no need to get dolled up). Not fine dining but there are plenty of places like that in town. Great fall/winter place and there is free valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongTonyScungilli2Dined on 10/24/2013Always fun to walk into the Mart. Try the linguini with clams and white sauce and the grilled calamari. The martinis are great.Special Features:
- cozy placeCeceDined on 10/22/2013felt warm, neighborhoody upon entering. our server was very nice & attentive. the food is good, not exceptional, but good & flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic spot in the West LoopJeffDined on 10/11/2013Mart's was highly recommended by some friends who live in the West Loop and it did not dissapoint! The place is an old school, non-franchise, friendly Italian place with, oh yeah, great food. Our waiter was very friendly as we asked for recommendations. The portions were huge. Definitely recommend the lasagna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm, friendly restaurantMela526VIPDined on 9/29/2013Food was wonderful and served piping hot. The menu is quite large with many pastas to choose from. The gnocci were very good and the servings are large(enough to share) The atmosphere is very friendly and the servers treat you as though they have known you always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time as Usual!bearsdadDined on 9/21/2013This was the second time our group celebrated a birthday at Mart Anthony's. The food and service were great as before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2013Great little italian restaurant near the United Center. Delicious food, nice menu and ample portion sizes. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband has seen Mart Anthony'sHidesDined on 9/18/2013My husband has seen Mart Anthony's and always wanted to try so I made reservations for his Bday. I ordered the special - Veal Chop Saltimbocca and was amazed at the first bite. The flavors were full and delicious but i started cutting into the chop for the second bite and the texture changed. When I put it into my mouth, all I got under the ham and cheese was fat. Pure fat and gristle. I subtly used my napkin to remove the offensive bite and stripped the chop of it's "blanket" to have a better look. The entire rest of the chop was blubbery white. I did not make a scene so not to ruin my husband's night. He enjoyed his steak but I will NEVER return to Mart Anthony's again.
- Loud Rude Mob type peoplekarendshopperVIPDined on 9/15/2013Lots of loud cursing customers over-shadow the atmosphere.