24011 New Hall Ranch Road
Valencia, CA 91355Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marstonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6612539910x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast and lunch: Tuesday - Friday; 7:30am - 2:30pm; Saturday and Sunday 8am - 2:30pm.
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Sunday;5pm - 7pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday 5pm - 9pm (10pm Sat. and Sun.)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James McCardy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Marston's offers corporate and event catering for all occasions. Delivery and set up available.
- Private Party Facilities: Marston's is available for your private parties and special events, such as receptions, business or club meetings, holiday dinners, etc. We will work with you to create a special pre fixed menu for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Jim McCardy 8889259709
- Special Events: Chef Jim's cooking classes are held monthly. Call restaurant for details.
Family Nights - parents enjoy a peaceful meal on one side of the restaurant while we feed and entertain kids on the other. Child ages: 4-12. Prices vary per event. Call restaurant for details of our next Family Night event.
A word from Marston's
Known in Pasadena as a great breakfast & lunch restaurant since 1987, our goal is to make you feel at home and comfortable while serving you fresh, delicious, high quality food. In 2010, The Food Network Magazine named Marston's "Best Breakfast in California". We serve breakfast and lunch until 2:30, Happy hour from 3pm to 7pm, and dinner from 5pm to 9pm(10pm on Friday and Saturday). We have nightly chef specials and kids eat free on Wednesday's 5-9pm with the purchase of adult entree.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marston's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Just OKJim2Dined on 4/25/2014Place was busy on a Friday night. We were traveling through and used open table to find a place. food good, service OK but would have liked the waiter to check in from time to time instead of me having to flag him down each time. Tables seemed small and the noise level was high.
- Server was great!TravelerDined on 4/15/2014The meal was slow coming from the kitchen but our server Stephanie made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ServicebonnksDined on 4/4/2014Great find in the center of Valencia. Good was fantastic, Service was perfect... A little too bright and open for the atmosphere but if you like food, you'll like Marston's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local restaurant outstandingsassyDined on 4/3/2014In an area where there are too many franchises and a "white-tablecloth" restaurant a rarity this was a great find.Our waiter was excellent and of good humor. Martinis were perfect and generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good in all areas.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2014Consistently good in all areas. In good weather the outdoor patio is a delight. Service is consistently attentive.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2014Great Food and Service helped 4 friends get together and enjoy a terrific evening out...the staff was very attentive and Nick was great...Special Features:
- Delicious brunchAugustusDined on 3/8/2014I do not live in the area but had a relative I don't get to see very often meet me at Marstons for brunch. It was a perfect choice as we all enjoyed the food and service. We will be retuning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise LevelTravellerDined on 3/1/2014The night we dined, there were several large groups. Noise level was quite high. If you want an intimate conversation or only to just hear your companions, I would not recommend the restaurant, especially weekend nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service;SantaPaulaDined on 3/1/2014Excellent food and service; very noisy, though. Large Birthday party being held. But, will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around menu, withFdmedDined on 2/21/2014Great all around menu, with specials that change weekly. Fair prices. Wonderful wine and spirit selection as well. This has become a very popular local favorite, and it's very obvious why that is. All very unique , fresh menu items. Something here for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go againcabbieDined on 2/16/2014Went with a group for brunch. Very good menu, the special potatos were delicious, everyone loved them. Food was really good. Will go again, want to try for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Fresh gourmet cookingNolaDined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentine's day. Excellent menu. Everything made to order. Seasoned perfectly. I would expect the chef to win Chopped on the cooking channel.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2014The Cauliflower-Brie soup was divine and set the precedent for the Saturday night special of Blackened Rib Eye Steak that was well-seasoned & perfectly prepared I don't normally eat a side a potatoes, but their creamy mashed potatoes were too delicious to resist. The sautéed fresh spinach was exactly what I would have chosen to accompany the meal and the glass of Malbec complemented everything deliciously. And I can never resist their yummy iced passion fruit tea, so refreshing as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marston's Dinner ReviewLZSCDined on 1/28/2014Most people are familar with Marston's for their incedible breakfast selections. However, they also have award winning dinner selections. We chose Marston's for a girl's night out dinner and it was wonderful for this event. The wine and bar list had a great selections of great wines by the glass and wonderful martini's for us. Then, the food selection was amazing from homemade chicken or salmon pot pies to fish tacos. Every dish we selected was delicious and the wait staff was just right in knowing when we needed them so we could indulge in our conversations. Dessert selections again were fantastic. We all went away very satisfied having spent a wonderful evening with friends, good food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really enjoy Marston'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Our gathering place unamous choice. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at marston'sterryDined on 1/23/2014tim, our waiter was emphatic in describing the baby back rib thursday special as exceptionally tasty. i was skeptical as i have found few places with acceptable ribs. tim was correct - the ribs were quite tasty - i was glad i took his recommendation. the apple and fennel slaw was a nice compliment to the ribs. my bride had a fucilli and chicken dish with truffle oil that was also quite nice. based on the food and very good service, we will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a quiet eveningJohnDined on 1/21/2014Great find out here where quality restaurants are few and far between. Well drinks here are reasonably priced and so are the wine by the glass prices. The "Ahi Tuna Tartare with Soba noodles" while delicious is way over priced at $17.95, sure its a generous portion and meticulously prepared .... but come on this is Santa Clarita! $12 is more in line with what they give you and I eat out a lot. But all things considered they do a good job here. We had a very attentive on the ball server who checked in with us frequently. Mind you we had a 8pm on a Tuesday reservation and is one of there low traffic time periods. WE will be back. BTW the steak was great! And reasonably priced at $24Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll go backFoodFanVIPDined on 1/19/2014Went for dinner on a Sunday night. We waited a while before anyone approached us, but when we were finally seated, our server Alex took care of us! The wait staff were kept busy, this place was buzzing, a good sign. The flavored butter and bread was a nice start, it was lightly toasted sliced bread, a nice change of pace from the usual bun. We ordered a salad and two different steak sandwiches, all three were good. The decor reminded me of big chain restaurants, I was surprised to get this quality of food there. I got a family vibe there, like everyone who worked there were friends and knew the regulars. We will be going back to try other menu items that sounded good. The burger looked amazing. Whoever picked the wines did a fantastic job!Special Features:
- Different from what I expectedGeorgeDined on 1/18/2014The food, drinks and service were great. The place looks like a cafeteria though. If you can get past that then your good to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food at an amazing priceBrandieDined on 1/11/2014If you were to go anywhere else you wouldn't experience such good taste at the same priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch bunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013This is a great neighborhood restaurant to bring the family after church, your choice of lunch or brunch. Great!Special Features:
- lovegoodfoodlovegoodfoodDined on 12/28/2013We love Marston's! We have been there for breakfast, lunch and dinner and it has never failed to please! The menu is creative, and the food is great. The servers are friendly, courteous and on it! We highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentspinsterauntDined on 12/27/2013The food was pretty good, but the bread pudding was to die for!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice.TheresaDined on 12/6/2013Our table was waiting for us. Out sever Nikole was very nice and helpful. Food was good (none of us cared for the chicken cilantro sausage) French toast was great. We will definitely go to Marstons again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrating birthdaysblondie1Dined on 9/28/2013great service, you can bring your own bottle of wine at no charge (a plus for sure) delicious foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place for gatheringClubDined on 9/28/2013We had a really good time, good food and service group of 20 and everyone was Happy with thier experience ! Definitely going to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant lunch/brunchwillowcrickDined on 9/15/2013Had a very nice Sunday lunch. Many families with children including ours. Wait staff was very attentive. Made enjoying the meal with family a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FoodieJaneDined on 9/8/2013We always enjoy dining at Marston's! The food is excellent as is the service. Sitting outside is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Love the orangequeenDined on 8/24/2013Great food. Love the orange salad, and the cold gazpacho soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid-Week escape OUTDOOR DININGOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/20/2013we were there on a Tuesday night in August. Nice to sit outdoors with friends and relax. Quiet, very friendly waitresses. Food is above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was workericDined on 8/15/2013Hard to find, in the back of the parking lot…poor signage..We expected a romantic spot but found more of a denny's atmosphere. The waiter was attentive, for a minute and then it was not so much…asked for a salad without nuts (due to allergy), got one with nuts..limited water visits, although it seemed to be overstaffed…lots of attention to the tables buying drinks…(overpriced wine)…Special Features:
- Great for outdoor dining ifRMCANDined on 8/11/2013Great for outdoor dining if temperatures are lower than 90 FSpecial Features:
- Great BreakfastSLM2013Dined on 7/18/2013Breakfast business meeting...nice, quiet, prompt. Perfect for what we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion dinnerVoosviewDined on 7/11/2013We were a group of 5 who used to work together in Valencia. We decided to meet for dinner and since none of them had heard of Marston's, I suggested we go there. The service was great!! We were shown to our table, menus presented immediately, drinks provided, etc. Our server was very attentive and answered all the questions our group had regarding the menu, etc. I had the orange CA salad -- my only disappointment was that the bread served with the salad was not the cheese popovers that I had my first visit at lunch! However, the server said she'd check in the kitchen to see if there were any left. She actually came back to the table to say they were all gone. I live in Northridge, but would definitely return to visit Marston's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not come back!luvsteakhouses888Dined on 7/6/2013We took my sister and her family here for brunch before heading back to the Bay Area. The food was okay but the service was terrible!!! The server took a very long time to take our orders, our food took even longer to get on us, she never checked on us, and we had to ask for refills on water!!! They even charged us the 18% gratuity with terrible service. My sister did not like her chicken sandwich that much. She said that the chicken at Carl's Jr. had more flavor and tasted better! I would not recommend this place.
- Surprisingly good food! Nice patioOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2013Everything we ate was fantastic. This place really surprised me. We ate on the patio which was very nice at night. The inside was quite noisy and not certain I would enjoy the restaurant it if the patio were closed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday Brunch SpotThistleheartDined on 6/23/2013If you want good food with a gourmet flare, than Marston's is for you. We had a Sunday brunch with friends out on the patio and it was so relaxing and nice. The staff at Marston's are friendly and courteous! I had a pulled pork benedict that was divine, Chicken cilantro sausage was also very tasty,The presentation on the food is outstanding, as they do many "fine, little touches". We also enjoyed a spicy Bloody Mary which was one of the best I have had. This restaurant also took reservations through "Open Table", which in our town is a HUGE plus! I am so happy to have found this restaurant in our valley and look forward to many happy, yummy meals here.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2013Best kept secret in Santa Clarita!! Great food and service. I always feel at home here. Also one of the few restaurants that will let you sit anywhere for Happy Hour. Great breakfast!!Special Features:
- Fantastic!LolaDined on 6/21/2013This is the second year we've celebrated my mother's birthday at Marston's. There is a large variety of food prepared in unique ways which makes it enjoyable for the entire family - adults and grandkids. My mom's favorite is the special chicken pot pie with a puff pastry on top. The environment is friendly, warm and the food amazing. We also enjoy viewing the local artist's paintings on the walls. Oh, and the owner served us our food! He has a great smile and makes everyone feel welcome.Special Features:
- Service is NOT getting better.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/16/2013There was no organization in checking in of guests. A clipboard was out for guests to sign themselves in. I signed in, then other guest followed. The check-in staff never looked at the clipboard. He just started seating according to who was standing at the podium. He asked if each party had reservations, even though all said "no", he proceeded to seat in the order of who was in front of him. When my turn came, I pointed out that I had reservations, he acknowledged this by crossing my name off a list. BTW, he asked each party their seating preference, but not me. I guess when you reserve they decide this for you. No specials were mentioned even though there was a table sign that said Chef Jim has a special menu prepared for Father's Day.Special Features: