Marssa at Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
101 MonteLago Blvd
Henderson, NV 89011Neighborhood:
Lake Las Vegas
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Marssa at Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/dining/index.html?propertyID=3786&language=en_US
- Phone: (702) 567-6125
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm, Closed Sunday & Monday
Last Seating 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Sushi Chef Kazuki Tozawa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Turn your next event into a truly special occasion at Marssa. Sushi Chef Kazuki Tozawa will design a unique menu, creating a custom-designed dining experience you and your guests will never forget. You can choose from Marssa’s seasonal menu, or describe your favorite foods and flavors, and let Chef Kazuki's inspiration take over. Pricing is based on menu creation. Custom menus are available for parties of 10 or more. Sake and wine pairings are available, to enhance your dining experience. Marssa features a private dining room which seats up to 30 guests. The entire restaurant can be bought out for a private event and seats up to 100 people. Whether you are planning a corporate dinner, intimate wedding dinner, birthday, anniversary or any special occasion, we look forward to making your evening truly memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Isabelle Nogueras 7025676000x54
A word from Marssa at Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Treat yourself to an incomparable dining experience at Marssa. This AAA Four-Diamond award-winning restaurant serves world-class Japanese and Asian-Fusion cuisine under the skilled direction Sushi Chef Kazuki Tozawa. The name means “by way of the sea”, and at Marssa you’ll find only the freshest and finest quality ingredients in the full menu of sushi and sashimi. Chef Kazuki, along with his culinary team, delivers a seasonal menu of delicious and uniquely flavored food guaranteed to delight fish and meat lovers alike. The extensive wine list reads like a journey through the ancient spice routes, and, of course, includes a complete and well-rounded choice of sake. The location will astound you, with breathtaking views of the mountains and majestic Lake Las Vegas through Marssa’s floor-to-ceiling windows. The elegant ambience and attentive staff combine to make dining at Marssa an unforgettable culinary experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Marssa at Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Lake Las Vegas ›
Marssa at Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)special occasion (4)scenic view (4)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- ShastaVIPDined on 11/14/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Las Vegas. The food is fantastic and the wait staff is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service are excellentMarchVIPDined on 10/16/2014Food and service are always excellent Drew and exec chef Kazuki. Don't forget to ask special for today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful on-the-lake-restaurantstagingstarVIPDined on 10/3/2014Everything about this restaurant was exquisite except for the very young child causing a disturbance at the next table. The parents should have taken the child away but they actually stayed longer than we did. Bummer!Special Features:
- The following 115 reviews are from the Marssa at Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- UnderwhelmedPhKarenDined on 7/5/2014We expected the Asian foods to be exceptional in a highly rated hotel's Asian themed restaurant. The tempura at Hinode's in the small city of Frederick, MD is much better. The vegetable tempura at Marssa was poorly breaded & oily. My husband's assorted sushi sashimi was unimpressive. But, my Truffle Edamame Dumpling was light and tasty. While light on the edamame and truffle side, the dumpling was an open cone of subtle flavors. The seared duck with Yukon mash, baby bok choy and Huckleberry demi-glace was a terrific dish. The duck was thinly sliced and well sauced, the baby bok choy were tender and flavorful, the Yukon mash were, of course, good. They're hard to do poorly. FYI, the Franciscan merlot was a great compliment to the duck.Special Features:
- Disappointed menuMarchVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food always is good but need to bring back short ribs, pork belly noodles, walnuts shrimp etc in menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentrussellboydquinnellDined on 6/11/2014I've been eating here for 8 years and it's has been exceptional each time. It's worth the trip out to the Lake to dine here.Special Features:
- Best dinner on vacation!Vegas1stTimerDined on 5/2/2014Our dinner experience at Marssa was great!! Our server Drew was very nice and made great suggestions about the food and drinks when we asked! He was very friendly and made our dinner experience even better! The food was amazing! Wish we lived near by and could visit again soon!Special Features:
- Amazing Food!TiffanyDined on 2/22/2014Some friends and I took my mom here for her 55th birthday. This food was amazing, service impeccable, and the wine was delicious! We had the best time and they even brought her a wonderful desert to christen the occasion. A good tie was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing experienceJandlVIPDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I were in Vegas for some fun. Every night we had excellent meals at places like Gordon Ramsey Steak, Picasso's, but since we were staying at the Westin we decided to try Marssa. Big mistake. While the venue is nice, the service was absolutely pathetic. Our server showed up a few times, we poured our own $200 bottle of wine, and waited for 45 minutes for the entree, which never came. The Miso soup was actually excellent, the Tiger roll was average. We ordered duck and by the time we polished off the fabulous bottle of wine (a redeeming aspect of the meal), we realized that we were not getting the entree. ....should have had the limo pick us up once again for a real restaurant experience on the Strip.
- Great Sushi for a restaurantwinowayneDined on 2/15/2014Great Sushi for a restaurant 300 miles from the Pacific OceanSpecial Features:
- Valentines DayRxfarmerDined on 2/14/2014This was a wonderful setting for Valentine's Day and our waiter made the evening for us by bringing various surprises throughout the night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!ShastaVIPDined on 1/7/2014We come to Marssa every time we are in town. We have a second home in Lake Las Vegas and this is a must. The food is always good; the service is too. Everything on the menu is wonderful. I don't eat sushi; my husband does. We both leave happy. The rice bowl is amazing.Special Features:
- Gem in the Desertschnookums92Dined on 12/28/2013Marssa is a gem hidden in Nevada. Its spin on Eurasian cuisine is unique and quite flavorful. A little pricey, but totally worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceMarchVIPDined on 12/21/2013Drew always provides wonderful service and food is always great! We love it. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GO GO GO!!!!tj22VIPDined on 11/29/2013Best sushi ever!!!! Very fresh and creative. If you are in Las Vegas this please is a must stop... It is away from the strip but this Lake Las Vegas resort is a beautiful surprise and Marssa is in the beautiful Westin Hotel you have to visit this hidden treasureI would recommend this to a friend.
- Marssa experience=amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2013We ordered the Marssa experience and it was amazing. One of the best sushi meals in Vegas. Fish and ice was fresh and delicious. This place is a must for sushi lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOnderful placeLamphuDined on 11/6/2013Excellent food, service, oand overall experience. Beautiful room and a beautiful hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!ShastaVIPDined on 11/6/2013We love Marssa! I don't even eat sushi, but my husband does. He loves the recently brought back Marssa special and my favorite is the tempura and wok-fried rice combo. Can't go wrong! The service is always good and it is right around the corner (we live in Lake Las Vegas), so great when we don't want to go far. A real find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!FranciscoDined on 10/29/2013Found the place through the Japanese Festival. The head chef was there. He was awesome! The place fulfilled my expectations. The only drawback was the drive to Lake Las Vegas, but the luxury, the scenery, the quality of the food made it all worth it.Special Features:
- IT'S GREAT!!!!tj22VIPDined on 10/18/2013Best sushi I ever had, out of the way at lake las vegas but its a great resort and marssa is worth it.
- Just fantastic!! We visitShastaVIPDined on 10/10/2013Just fantastic!! We visit Marssa quite often and love it!!Special Features:
- HorribleAngeeDined on 10/2/2013The worst service I have ever had!!! The waiter was very interested in only one of his tables, the rest of us had the hostess wait on us. I WILL NEVER EVER RECOMMEND OR RETURN TO MARSSA!
- FoodMarchVIPDined on 9/24/2013Food is always excellent and fresh. Drew is the best and professional. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this place..always wantedtj22VIPDined on 8/23/2013LOVE this place..always wanted to try the sushi and big it was great....I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fave restaurant in VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2013We spend every special occasion here. The staff are always the same people & we've been going there for 5 years now. Love that they recognize you every time. Makes it even more special! :0)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a surprise!LocalLVDinerVIPDined on 8/10/2013Marssa @ The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa is such a surprise. Traditionally, hotel dining has left a lot to be desired, but this restaurant made us speechless - for all the right reasons! Japanese in cuisine, this restaurant has a unique spin on traditional dishes with modern and unsuspecting presentation. Appetizers were well balanced and picture perfect. The fish entree was incredible and was a showstopper as it was brought to the table. Service was thoughtful and professional and we are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- great placetj22VIPDined on 8/2/2013Off the strip but worth the trip. Best Sushi I have had. We came because someone at ore hotel told us about lake las vegas, this place is cool and said to go find Marssa we cant wait to come back. Going to stay at the westin for sure and eat here againI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceMarchVIPDined on 7/20/2013Food and service always are excellent, specially our sever Drew. He did very good suprise for me and my friend birthday. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!!!!tj22VIPDined on 7/19/2013What a great sushi find!!! Who knew but you know now, go to Lake Las Vegas at the Westin Hotel (RUN NOT WALK) if you love sushi its the best in Vegas. I have been to them all and this is is for sure among the best!!!! WOW!!! I will be back soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & scenic venueKorAmerFoodieDined on 6/22/2013The venue was beautiful, tucked deep in the desert near Lake Mead,..a feeling of an oasis in the middle of nowhere. The sushi was amazingly fresh and presented quite nicely. Above all, the service was impeccable - with courteous, knowledgable, and friendly servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!CombsCrewDined on 6/15/2013Marssa was more than I could have ever expected. We stayed at the West for the first time & decided to try this restaurant. The food was so good. The wait staff was attentive. Any time there was even a small pause between courses the waiter would bring us a small "taste" of something while we waited. The food -wow, incredible. I wish I could remember the names of all the food we ate, but we tried so many things & everything was good. I am looking forward to going there again. It is a drive from where we live (in Aliante in North Vegas) but so worth it. I would go there again, just to eat at this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sushi and other fareOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2013My date, a vegetarian and had a great meal of interesting dishes. The appetizers were superb as was the vegetable sushi. With a little Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay I was very happy. The check was reasonable too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Lake Las VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2013We were very impressed with our visit to Marssa at the Westin. Our food was delicious. The variety was great, and the Pink Dragon (king crab) roll was a wonderful treat. The Shishto peppers in the vegetable tempura was a definite favorite. We only wish it had been open more so we could have gone back a second time during our stay. A top pick for dinner when in the Lake Las Vegas area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marssa at Westin Lake Las VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/26/2013We started with the wok seared edamame, which was spicy and very tasty! The Tuna Cocktail made for a great picture as the presentation was unique. For dinner, we had an Assorted Sashimi platter and a roll (Drago?). Fish was very nice, fresh, and particularly I loved the Toro which the restaurant offered to upgrade our tuna to at no extra charge. While I would have loved to have tried the Omakase dinner, I could not justify the $100 price. For dessert, we had the Mochi platter with fresh berries, which I must say was excellent, especially the Lychee flavored one. Our hotel gave us a complimentary house sake which was quite nice and generous. But what made this place very special was the service, which was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SUSHI!!!tj22VIPDined on 5/24/2013great place I here they have a master chef here.....I dont think he was here the day we went but the food was great!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food presentation wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/18/2013the food presentation was lovely and the staff provided excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ClassPowderDined on 5/18/2013If you miss eating at Marssa's you miss the simple joy of attentive service staff, exquisite food, and a memorable experience. We sat with the Executive chef at the sushi bar and got to see food preparation from a truly skilled professional. Can't wait to go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the best sushi I evertj22VIPDined on 5/10/2013Some of the best sushi I ever had. I love the dragon roll.
- best staff of people!! a realtj22VIPDined on 4/26/2013best staff of people!! a real service place.... The food was fantastic I will be back.
- Some of the best sushi I evertj22VIPDined on 4/19/2013Some of the best sushi I ever had. Fresh as fresh can be. this palce is of the beating path but BOY, is it worth it!!!!!!