15 South Main Street
New Hope, PA 18938Neighborhood:
New Hope / Lambertville
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marshabrownrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2158627044
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00,
Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30PM - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Lunch: 1130AM - 430PM daily
Bar opens daily at 4:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Southern, Creole
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: One Private Dining Space available up to 12 people. Another Private space, choir loft, for up to 50 people. You may use the entire restaurant for private functions depending on the day and size of your party (room fees may apply.)
- Private Party Contact: Wendy Kelly 2158627044
A word from Marsha Brown
Marsha Brown is a refined Creole Kitchen & Lounge, dramatically designed inside a 125 year old church located directly in the heart of New Hope. The menu focuses on great steak & seafood dishes as well as an abundance of Marsha's own Southern family favorites & is complimented by an outstanding bottle wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Marsha Brown - Best Restaurants in New Hope / Lambertville ›
Marsha Brown reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)romantic (97)fit for foodies (87)neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (47)notable wine list (37)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (8)scenic view (7)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)Show More
- WeekdayspeciallunchDined on 10/28/2014For a change in cuisine, go to Marsha Brown. The food was excellent Creole New Orleans, not too spicy but just right. Service excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent Food! Love Marsha BrownsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014The only reason I didn't rate 5 stars overall is because they seemed short staffed. My waitress was trying very hard but a person can only do so much. She was very nice and friendly and gave good descriptions when asked about the food. Wish she didn't have to run around like a chicken without a head trying to tend to her many tables. Hubby got cowboy steak with blue cheese crust. Steak was delicious but the cheese was an overkill, should have ordered on the side. Garlic mashed potatoes - heavenly! I had scallops w/ pork belly and greens. That sauce with the scallops tied the meal together beautifully. Would definitely be back, just hope they hire more wait staff.Special Features:
- Unique setting with excellent food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014This is the second time we have dined at Marsha Brown. Such a cool place being an old church with the stain glass and murals. Nice menu with an accent toward New Orleans fare. Crab cakes are some of the best we have ever had. All crab meat and no stuffing. Jambalaya, crawfish risotto and the mussels in the creole barbeque sauce were all outstanding. Creamed spinach was better than most high end steak houses. They recently added three semi circular tables ideal for couples who wish to sit next to each other and enjoy a private conversation. If it is an anniversary or birthday,they set up the tables with either ribbons or rose petals. Very nice touch. Service was attentive, friendly and professional. Worth the hour drive from NJ.Special Features:
- Very good food and atmosphereluv2dineDined on 10/25/2014We love Marsha Browns. The food was excellent and the service was excellent. Usually reserved for special occasions since a little pricey. But always an enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceIronAnimalDined on 10/23/2014My wife and I were in New Hope for a night away without the kids and wanted a place to enjoy a grown up evening. Marsha Brown provided great ambiance, food and service adding up to a great night out. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousdiningout2getherDined on 10/19/2014The food was outstanding. We went based on the Creole theme, as we wanted to capture New Orleans cooking again for our anniversary. Service was good but nothing special. Would absolutely come back for the surf and turf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinnerPotluckDined on 10/19/2014they ran out of lobster pot pie at 6:15. Rather disappointing. They clam it was Sunday night and they don't get shipments of seafood in on Sunday's. Though the crab cakes were awesome. I though my pork chop was not as big as pictured but overall it was a very nice place. We had a nice table. I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inauthentic creole cookingRaginCajunDined on 10/19/2014As a transplant from the Gulf Coast and former resident of New Orleans, I had been looking forward to trying this restaurant. I found the Hostess rude and indifferent....(very strange indeed). My main entree, Jambalaya was a roux based stew with partially cooked rice mixed in, The taste was ruined by the use of an alleged Andouille sausage that was flavored with chile pepper rather than cayenne pepper and which completely ruined the flavor. Genuine Jambalaya is usually a tomato based sticky rice dish with various meats added ranging from sausage, fowl and seafood. My appetizers were good , And the others in my party enjoyed their food. Waitstaff was attentive. My search continues for a taste of home.Special Features:
- great experience all around!yummmmmmDined on 10/18/2014Went to Marsha Brown as part of our anniversary celebration. The crab cheesecake app was one of the best dishes I've ever tasted. Front of house service was fantastic from the minute we walked in. Russell was a great server! Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but worth it!NYCFoodGalDined on 10/18/2014Marsha Brown's is in an old church... What a fantastic idea!! The ambiance was great, as was our waiter, who was not only funny, but very knowledgeable about both the menu & the building itself. We celebrated our anniversary, and could justify the expense for a special occasion. It is quite pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks at the barOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Beware of the pre-dinner cocktails. Bar prices were a bit high. Two drinks (glenlivet and a makers mark totaled $25.50. Too much but still a great place!Special Features:
- WonderfulBirthdaytrioDined on 10/14/2014A very special evening. Beautiful decor, excellent steaks and sides . Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy waiterHungryhungryhipposVIPDined on 10/12/2014My boyfriend and I absolutely love Marsha Browns it's our favorite dinner spot. The salmon and grits are my fave. We've gone here at least 10 times in the past 3 months and have always had the best good and service. As always the food was phenomenal but our waiter seemed to have too many tables that night. We sat for a half hour and were on our second cocktail before he even took our dinner order. I was so disappointed in the service that night but the delicious food, cheered me up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful AtmospherePhillySLUDined on 10/11/2014My husband, daughter and I went for dinner to celebrate my birthday. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming. The place is beautifully decorated. I really enjoyed the gumbo ya ya. It was the best I've had outside of NOLA. We will return for lunch. We live am hour away and the area is not well lit at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveyFaithfulDined on 10/10/2014I loved it and it was so romantic had a date with my best friend and lover rose petals on table and waiter was great thy bought us desert and we're very warm to us thank you allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a lovely eveningLuvnewhopeDined on 10/8/2014My husband and I had a great experience for our 20th at Marsha Browns .The manager was friendly(forgot her name ), and our service from Skav,Jake,andAdrian was wonderful .The food was fantastic!If you have not tried it ,please do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014The food atmosphere and service were simply amazing. Be prepared to spend however it is worth every pennySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or MissLadybugDined on 10/4/2014This place is beautiful and worth at least one visit. The food was inconsistent but what they did well was incredible including the bisque and pecan pie. Pecan pie was the best I ever had. Raw bar is good as well. Pot Pie was a thin soup with crust on top and fish was too tangy. I suggest sticking to classic dishes like steak and lobster. Staff was nice but clearly lacking in training. Given the prices I expected more professional servers who make sure the table is cleared between courses. The space is incredible and you can really dress up and feel you have gone back to a time when folks really dressed for dinner. I also believe this place would be best with a large crowd to share the yummy large side dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time!STpatronDined on 10/4/2014I have wanted to try Marsha Browns for some time and I was not disappointed. The gumbo was delicious. One of their signature dishes "Eggplant Ophelia" but also great - unique. The sauce was excellent. We did not save room for dessert. Maybe next time: there will definitely be a next time.Special Features:
- A little disapointmentDisappointedDined on 10/4/2014I have been at Marsha Brown's before and the quality of food and the service was much better than my recent experience, Before the price of the experience I feel the quality should have been higher clearly something has changed.Special Features:
- Just gets better!Moose453Dined on 10/4/2014We have been going to Marsha Brown at least twice a year for years now and it just keeps getting better! Service is impeccable and the food is delicious! Portions are much larger than one would expect from a high end restaurant! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not diner-centricPalimpsestDined on 10/3/20146:00 reservation, hostess insisted on seating us in the loft even after I expressed preference for main room, which was 90% empty. Even acknowledged that it was for purpose of servers up their having diners as well. (When we left 90 minutes later, the main room was still half-empty.) The eggplant tartine was cold. Overall, the food didn't match the prices. Think of it as paying for the setting, which is dramatic but over-decorated: a pastiche of too many styles. Our server was fine and tipped appropriately.
- Always Great!GoingOutDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I count the days to our Marsha Brown's reservation. The food is excellent (we particularly love the Crab Cheescake appetizer), the space is beautiful and the service is professional. New Hope has plenty of great places to eat. Marsha Brown's is the best of the best. You couldn't ask for a better place to celebrate something in Bucks County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealdrumfamDined on 9/27/2014We selected Marsha Brown before we even got to New Hope since we head heard so much about it. I chose a package at our B&B that included a $50 gift card, and little did we know that is was for MB. We were celebrating my 50th birthday and our 19th wedding anniversary. Everyone was friendly but our waiter Dan was fantastic. He helped us through some food selections and was very confidant and reassuring. Our food was incredible and the night was awesome. Highly recommend MB to anyone who travels to New Hope!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatmcsad02Dined on 9/26/2014Usually very good, better than usual. We enjoyed the night beginning to endSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCindyDined on 9/25/2014Great food. Service was perfect. An overall wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014this has been our go to place for romantic dinners and special occasions for the past 5 years. They never disappoint, the food, the staff are impeccable. The atmosphere is fun and oh so New HopeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGMrsGDined on 9/23/2014My husband and I made reservations at Marsha Brown's for our wedding anniversary. Our servers, Adrian and Jack, were the best we have had anywhere. They were friendly, quite knowledgable, gave excellent recommendations, and knew quite a bit about the old church history. When our dinner was served...it was exquisite. We shared a Maine Lobster, filet with creole topping, Eggplant Ophelia (you have to try this!!) and a side of potatoes. It was one of the best dinners I have ever eaten. Our desserts were equaly delicious. My husband ordered pecan pie and I chose bread pudding...compliments of Marsha Brown's because of our wedding anniversary. I can't say enough about how fantastic our dinner was at Marsha Brown. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed our eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The experience we had was so nice, I wanted to give a review. Loved the valet parking. Started with cocktails at the bar and within a couple minutes we knew all the bartenders names. Drinks were delicious! Went upstairs for dinner and they had a special table nicely decorated because we were celebrating a birthday. We had a great appetizer, tuna and noodles. Jambalaya and surf not turf for our main course, very good! And dessert and coffee was on them, nice touch! We would definitely recommend this restaurant because with the beautiful dining room, excellent service, good food and good prices. .. it's well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner DateDate1Dined on 9/20/2014Marsha Brown has a great atmosphere and a diverse menu. The food took awhile to prepare but once I saw the quality, it was worth the wait! It was nothing short of excellent until my date found a piece of plastic in her dish. We informed the manager and he apologized....but thats all he did. I was expecting more than a quick apology for the inconvenience. I mean, we are paying around $30+ for an entree. There should be some sort of compensation for the chefs careless mistake. However, the piece of plastic was small so I did not make a big deal about it. Other than that, the service was excellent. Id probably eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing..everything was coldChrisADined on 9/19/2014I had Mameres crab cheesecake as an appetizer and surf and turf with filet medallions and a crab cake for dinner. I was disappointed because both the appetizer and dinner were served barely warm. It seemed odd to me that such an upscale restaurant would struggle with being able to serve food hot. I ordered the filet medium and it was served rubbery, cold, and far past well done. The crab cake was also cold and average tasting. The bread pudding for dessert tasted good, but was served barely warm, which took a lot away from it. Overall, I was disappointed and expected much better quality from a restaurant in this high price range.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Everything about our night was outstanding. The food was incedible along with the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marsha BrownsLindaMDined on 9/13/2014Went to Marsha Brown's to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We've been there 3 or 4 times before and have always found it to be excellent. We enjoy the variety and quality of food as well as the setting and service. Will definitely go again. There are quite a few menu items we have not had the chance to try yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOOD!jantomDined on 9/12/2014AMAZING FOOD! GREAT SERVICE AND NICE ATMOSPHERE! SO GLAD WE HAD THE CHANCE TO TRY IT AND WILL BE BACK AGAIN.Special Features:
- Perfect night !MoeyDined on 9/9/2014We were celebrating a birthday & there were so many special touches ! Great server, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 9/5/2014Great time as always. The food was great and the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ serviceFoodLover99Dined on 9/4/2014The waiter and hostess went out of their way to make our anniversary dinner special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectAndySVIPDined on 8/31/2014We tried this as an after dinner dessert and cocktail last week and decided to try it for dinner tonight. We decided to sit at the bar, this old church is just the perfect scene for a somewhat New Orleans type dining experience. Both nights we were waited on by Mark, a fantastic seasoned bartender with great knowledge of the menu and wines. The cowboy steak was really just perfect and for a transplanted Texan the crawfish etouffee was tasty and great for a rainy night. The wine list is creative and could be a little bigger for the "by the glass" selection. Great staff, great food, incredible building!Special Features:
- Our Dinner served very late.NilaDined on 8/31/2014The restaurant is very nice , waiters nice and helpful, specially the gentleman who was waited in our table he is very nice and helpful. We ordered our appetizer and main course at the same time , however appetizer came very quickly , but we had to wait for our main dish for atleast more then hour. Our waiter did appolzied many time because of the late serving our Main dish. Then we ordered dessert , those came on time. However our waiter gentleman did not charge for our dessert . Actually we went to the restaurant around 7:30 pm we had reservation at 7:45 pm but we did not have to wait. Very nice all those staff at the restaurant and the Vallet staff. Only we had to wait for our main course dinner, we left your restaurant around 10:45pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TreatingOursevesWellDoThingsDined on 8/30/2014This is a unique dining experience mostly due to the location.It is located in the lovely New Hope historic district in a converted church.The building has great ambiance. The service here was excellent and the staff friendly The menu was fresh with nice new combinations and not the usual cookie cutter experience of choices.The meals were nicely prepared and presented but not overwhelming in flavor. The risotto was a bit cool and sticky and the eggplant/crab/shrimp dish a bit oily and not very flavorful. .It is a nice treat because it was unique but not in a great rush to return.Special Features: